British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

UFGN wrote:
Brexit party members earn more from second jobs than any other group in the European parliament, according to transparency campaigners who are warning about potential conflicts of interest.

An annual study by Transparency International showed that Nigel Farage is no longer the best-paid British MEP by second job. Now in seventh place among the 227 MEPs with outside earnings, Farage earns about €360,000 (£319,000) a year from his media company, Thorn in the Side.

The Brexit party’s London member Ben Habib is the EU’s best-paid MEP. Elected in May, Habib declared €960,000 annual earnings from First Property Group, the property fund manager he founded.

Three other Brexit party MEPs make the top 10 ahead of Farage. At No 3 is Ann Widdecombe, who declared a second income of €240,000-€480,000 a year. The former Tory minister and reality TV contestant makes between €5,000 and €10,000 a month writing her Daily Express column, with a further €20,000 a month coming in from speaking and broadcasting.

As I said, if youre being sold a dream, keep a close eye on the salesmen

Brexit party really sticking it to the establishment, right?

Right?

Meaningless.

Completely meaningless.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:32 pm

To get this concluded Boris Johnson needs to concentrate on offering "No Deal" because that's the only thing in his power to offer.

By all means see if you can get a deal but is there much point when Parliament will likely vote it down or the EU won't offer something acceptable.

Boris needs to get some trade deals ready, outline what will happen with Ireland, travel and business and then make that offer to the public, they'll either accept it or they won't.

This continuous running to the EU to thrash out a deal is not getting us anywhere, I'm happy for Boris to try this once but then if that fails we need a Remain vs No Deal.

Its time to take the decisions away from Parliament and back to the voters, Parliament should be sovereign .......... but in carrying out the publics instructions, currently Parliament is running the country as per their own whim and agenda's.

Its not good enough.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:46 pm

All this outrage from the left telling Johnson to tone down the language.

They've been using words like Nazi and fascist to describe brexiteers from day one.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Brexit party members earn more from second jobs than any other group in the European parliament, according to transparency campaigners who are warning about potential conflicts of interest.

An annual study by Transparency International showed that Nigel Farage is no longer the best-paid British MEP by second job. Now in seventh place among the 227 MEPs with outside earnings, Farage earns about €360,000 (£319,000) a year from his media company, Thorn in the Side.

The Brexit party’s London member Ben Habib is the EU’s best-paid MEP. Elected in May, Habib declared €960,000 annual earnings from First Property Group, the property fund manager he founded.

Three other Brexit party MEPs make the top 10 ahead of Farage. At No 3 is Ann Widdecombe, who declared a second income of €240,000-€480,000 a year. The former Tory minister and reality TV contestant makes between €5,000 and €10,000 a month writing her Daily Express column, with a further €20,000 a month coming in from speaking and broadcasting.

As I said, if youre being sold a dream, keep a close eye on the salesmen

Brexit party really sticking it to the establishment, right?

Right?

Meaningless.

Completely meaningless.

No, I really don't think it is.

This shows that their MEPs are the highest earners IN EUROPE, not just the UK, yet they claim to be men and women of the people, sticking it to THE MAN
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:43 pm

UFGN wrote:No, I really don't think it is.

This shows that their MEPs are the highest earners IN EUROPE, not just the UK, yet they claim to be men and women of the people, sticking it to THE MAN

Then you've completely misread the electorate.

This consistent petty demonizing is just that, we all know these MP's have their fingers in other pies, their well connected people hence their position in the first place, JRM is in investments, the guys minted .......... so what?

What has that got to do with what the voters care about which is people who will deliver on the result?

Do you think people don't know a bit if spin and marketing when we see it? do you not think we see through that well placed black baby that Clinton lifts and kisses or the "We are with the people" slogans when they're minted?

No one gives a fk, we know they're not Ghandi, do you know Chukka Ummuna the former Labour and man of the people has special access to one of London Cities most elite private speak easy's where bottles of drink are sold for like 1k per bottle etc.

All people care about is who will deliver for them.

............. did Trump getting into power not show you anything?

The amount of naming and shaming Parliament have been doing since Johnson pushed the boundary with the Courts has been vomit worthy.
Fk off back to Parliament and do something to help the situation, that's what we pay you for.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

This consistent petty demonizing is just that, we all know these MP's have their fingers in other pies, their well connected people hence their position in the first place, JRM is in investments, the guys minted .......... so what?

What has that got to do with what the voters care about which is people who will deliver on the result?

Do you think people don't know a bit if spin and marketing when we see it? do you not think we see through that well placed black baby that Clinton lifts and kisses or the "We are with the people" slogans when they're minted?

No one gives a fk, we know they're not Ghandi, do you know Chukka Ummuna the former Labour and man of the people has special access to one of London Cities most elite private speak easy's where bottles of drink are sold for like 1k per bottle etc.

The amount of naming and shaming Parliament have been doing since Johnson pushed the boundary with the Courts has been vomit worthy.
Fk off back to Parliament and do something to help the situation, that's what we pay you for.

The point is, obviously, what is their motive?

The point is, obviously, if Brexit is what these people want, why do they want it and should someone who thinks its actually going to improve their living conditions be voting for what these twats want?

Brexit will result in worse working conditions and worse civil rights in this country. Its like the yellow brick road being marketed by the Wicked Witch
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

The point is, obviously, if Brexit is what these people want, why do they want it and should someone who thinks its actually going to improve their living conditions be voting for what these twats want?

Brexit will result in worse working conditions and worse civil rights in this country. Its like the yellow brick road being marketed by the Wicked Witch

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Nigel Farage has been a nationalist for years, what do you mean what is his motive?

The point at which again your missing is what's more important is the motive of the people.

Its them that voted for Brexit, he's just agreed to help them carry it out.

What did Obama want? what did Bush want? what did Cameron or Blair want? ......... who cares?

These are career politicians, trying to play "Who's the Angels" is completely redundant, this is about Parliaments refusal to carry out the wishes of referendum result.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Nigel Farage has been a nationalist for years, what do you mean what is his motive?

The point at which again your missing is what's more important is the motive of the people.

Its them that voted for Brexit, he's just agreed to help them carry it out.

What did Obama want? what did Bush want? what did Cameron or Blair want? ......... who cares?

These are career politicians, trying to play "Who's the Angels" is completely redundant, this is about Parliaments refusal to carry out the wishes of referendum result.

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:If you are being sold a dream, pay close attention to the salesmen

......this great change.... orchestrated by big business through the Conservative Party and their pseudo frothy mouthed "alternative", Nigel Farage and Co

The public have been played like c***

Absolutely.

Make your mind up.

Three days ago you agreed with pretty much exactly the same point

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:48 am

You really are slipping here.

I agreed that politicians market themselves as something their not, I agreed they have hidden interests ............ I still haven't said anything different.

What i said was if you comprehended my post like a normal person was that for the 3rd time in my last posts .............. that all this demonizing of Boris or Farage whatever, hasno effect whatsoever on the real issue.

Which is "again" for the 3rd time, the electorate.

They want out of the EU, its all good and well you getting out the rope for Farage and playing this way past stupid game of propaganda and personal attacks, its still not getting to the heart of the issue and that is that 52% of the electorate are STILL waiting for Parliament to accept the referendum.

............ and while Boris, Farage or the man on the moon are around to say "I'll help you carry out Brexit" then damning them is not going to get you anywhere, no one cares, what they want is Brexit sorted.

So either Boris tries then fails or we get some other result, but Parliament continously stabbing the Brexit process in the back is a terrible look, Parliament is in outright mutiny.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote:You really are slipping here.

I agreed that politicians market themselves as something their not, I agreed they have hidden interests ............ I still haven't said anything different.

What i said was if you comprehended my post like a normal person was that for the 3rd time in my last posts .............. that all this demonizing of Boris or Farage whatever, hasno effect whatsoever on the real issue.

They want out of the EU, its all good and well you getting out the rope for Farage and playing this way past stupid game of propaganda and personal attacks, its still not getting to the heart of the issue and that is that 52% of the electorate are STILL waiting for Parliament to accept the referendum.

............ and while Boris, Farage or the man on the moon are around to say "I'll help you carry out Brexit" then damning them is not going to get you anywhere, no one cares, what they want is Brexit sorted.

So either Boris tries then fails or we get some other result, but Parliament continously stabbing the Brexit process in the back is a terrible look, Parliament is in outright mutiny.

Ive been pointing out the hypocrisy of these c**** for years. It us absolutely relevant that people who are claiming the EU is bad because big business yadayada, are up to the eyeballs in special interests and extra earnings, and stand to directly gain financially from deregulation.

Its not "demonising" if its true.

I dont give a monkeys if you agree or not

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:29 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:You really are slipping here.

Ive been pointing out the hypocrisy of these c*** for years. It us absolutely relevant that people who are claiming the EU is bad because big business yadayada, are up to the eyeballs in special interests and extra earnings, and stand to directly gain financially from deregulation.

Its not "demonising" if its true.

I dont give a monkeys if you agree or not

That has got fk all to do with the peoples vote though, the politicians didn't cause this single handed.

You still have 17.4m voters to answer to after you've finished your fannying around going on an irrelevant witch hunt.

Its almost like Remain are trying to use these scandals to deflect from the problem, the issue isn't going to go away, Remain lost and they should do the decent thing and let Boris try to get a deal, I recon he'll fail anyway so then when all he can offer is "No Deal" that will be the time to weigh that up against a reverse vote to Remain.

All this side show stuff is doing is just p*ssing the public off, again, not very socially aware are you outside your little "Inner city, Vegan, internet cafe bubble".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Oops the Conservatives have had advice from Raab and Farage that they could overrule the Hillary Benn act forbidding them from "No Deal" by using European law as its a higher authority than Parliments laws lol.

Apparently when we enacted Article 50 or some other bit of legislation we can opt to use that to over rule Parliaments motion of forcing Boris to ask for an extention.

............. however, and again to stop the Remainer's knee jerking and panicking, Boris isn't going to use it, I'm getting the impression same as Farage has been saying that Boris doesn't really want "No Deal".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:49 pm

So the Rebel alliance want Corbyn to step aside so they can get a vote of no confidence through.

He says f**k you.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 pm

The groping allegation as well is just the usual pissy BS from Remainer's looking to sabotage Boris.

The woman a Journo alleges he groped her thigh in (wait for it) ............... 1999!!

If she had reported it at the time fine, but 19 fkin 99 are you being serious?? 20 fkin years ago.

This is why I just can't get on board with this c*ntish Cancel Culture tactics, I just can't.

Even if I wanted to Remain which I may eventually back, if Boris can't come up with a good scenario I still would hate these fkers.

You know your doing something wrong when even people who want to agree with you can't fkin stand your guts.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate