British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby VCC » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:35 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
dc16 wrote:It's all about identity politics and its quite tiring to listen to and pretty disappointing if that's going to be their only plan to gain any seats back.

I've seen similar videos, it's usually Kemi Badenoch giving the Labour mob a smackdown. There was also Priti Patel letting rip about the depiction of her in The Guardian as a fat cow with a ring through her nose when she was told by a Labour MP that she didn't understand racism.

You should check out a video of a speech by Ben Bradley MP in Westminister Hall if you haven't seen it already.

To be honest I'm pretty done with it all.

The moment these fkin arseh*les start talking about gender politics over homeless people or Covid or the recovering the economy then they've fked it.

Honestly people are losing their livlihoods, businesses big and small are going under and these fk tards are arguing about pronouns and if Britain is racist or not.

I honestly don't want to waste anymore of my precious minutes, hours, years, dealing with this backwards imported American trash politics to the point where I honestly think these people are mentally ill.

Can you believe we live in a time where to state someone is a "true" woman we have to call her a "biological woman" i.e someone with a uterus otherwise we get smacked down and cancelled for it?

............ and they said it was going to robots who destroy man kind.

Kind of like anti-manspreading chairs? I had to :lol:

The situation is reversed in the US. While Biden and Congressional Dems are busy passing a $1.9 trillion relief bill, the GOP and right-wing media are crying about useless shit like Dr. Seuss books being cancelled by his own estate and Mr. Potato Head dropping the Mister.

Mr potato head!
Who is interested in a book about a Spurs fan?
But Imagine the ramifications of a book called mrs potato head how sexist and demeaning
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:24 pm

LMAO wrote:The situation is reversed in the US. While Biden and Congressional Dems are busy passing a $1.9 trillion relief bill, the GOP and right-wing media are crying about useless shit like Dr. Seuss books being cancelled by his own estate and Mr. Potato Head dropping the Mister.

Interesting take .... a $1.9 trillion relief bill where only 200m goes on relief? No Democrat would have ever signed off on this bill if it were presented bt the Republicans with huge sums going to Republican States, it's one of the worst bills in history and everyone klnows it - but the politics demand that it gets passed, not the economics ....

As for 'cancel culture' - burning books because you don't like what they say? since when has that been a good idea?

How has bad become good and good become bad so fast? George Orwell knew his stuff that's for sure.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:47 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
LMAO wrote:The situation is reversed in the US. While Biden and Congressional Dems are busy passing a $1.9 trillion relief bill, the GOP and right-wing media are crying about useless shit like Dr. Seuss books being cancelled by his own estate and Mr. Potato Head dropping the Mister.

Interesting take .... a $1.9 trillion relief bill where only 200m goes on relief? No Democrat would have ever signed off on this bill if it were presented bt the Republicans with huge sums going to Republican States, it's one of the worst bills in history and everyone klnows it - but the politics demand that it gets passed, not the economics ....

As for 'cancel culture' - burning books because you don't like what they say? since when has that been a good idea?

How has bad become good and good become bad so fast? George Orwell knew his stuff that's for sure.

Don't know where you get your news from, but you're not looking at the right bill if you think only $200 million is going toward relief. Doesn't even make mathematical sense. Even if only 10 million people received stimulus checks, that's $20 per person. Oy vey.

And what exactly are you talking about? His own estate is pulling some of his books from publication. No one else is. If you have such a problem with that, then take it up with his estate. A private entity choosing how to control and distribute its own IP sure ain't close to hitting an Orwellian target.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:03 pm

Biden has had to send his dogs back home as they keep biting White House aids.

Maybe they know something.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:07 pm

Phil71 wrote:Biden has had to send his dogs back home as they keep biting White House aids.

Maybe they know something.

That they're not a reliable barometer of someone's character?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:36 pm

LMAO wrote:Don't know where you get your news from, but you're not looking at the right bill if you think only $200 million is going toward relief. Doesn't even make mathematical sense. Even if only 10 million people received stimulus checks, that's $20 per person. Oy vey.

And what exactly are you talking about? His own estate is pulling some of his books from publication. No one else is. If you have such a problem with that, then take it up with his estate. A private entity choosing how to control and distribute its own IP sure ain't close to hitting an Orwellian target.

If from those 10m getting cheques 5m don't need them how is that relief? moot point, the fact is 100's of millions are not going on relief in a relief bill.

Who cares who is physically 'burning the books' the fact society now thinks book burning is OK is evidenced when here you are defending it, isn't that precisely Orwell's point ... the role of truth and facts within politics and the ways in which they are manipulated.

Edit - Watch the stock market shoot up as XX% of the "relief bill" ends up on stocks and shares.
Last edited by EliteKiller on Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:45 pm

Biden is the Scarlet Pimpernel - hiding behind recorded videos so the world doesn't see him bumbling incoherently.

As for the radical left bill, I mean stimulus bill, its gone as far as deciding who gets money based on race. Shocking. Never thought the US Govt would be so openly racist again, but here we are - going backwards.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:22 am

EliteKiller wrote:
LMAO wrote:Don't know where you get your news from, but you're not looking at the right bill if you think only $200 million is going toward relief. Doesn't even make mathematical sense. Even if only 10 million people received stimulus checks, that's $20 per person. Oy vey.

If from those 10m getting cheques 5m don't need them how is that relief? moot point, the fact is 100's of millions are not going on relief in a relief bill.

Who cares who is physically 'burning the books' the fact society now thinks book burning is OK is evidenced when here you are defending it, isn't that precisely Orwell's point ... the role of truth and facts within politics and the ways in which they are manipulated.

Edit - Watch the stock market shoot up as XX% of the "relief bill" ends up on stocks and shares.

Our population is around 330 million. The amount appropriated toward direct relief checks is about $410 billion. Doing the math ($410 billion / $1,400 checks) gives us close to 293 million people. 37 million people is nowhere close to 100s of millions. And that's without mentioning the additional relief in the form of extended unemployment payments, a beefed up child tax credit, expanded health insurance, pension bailouts, rental assistance, etc. Do I agree with the means testing, especially in high CoL areas where $75k single or $150k joint might still put someone or a family in the lower middle class? No, but I'm not going to let perfect be the enemy of good. No one is going to be completely satisfied with the bill, but it'll help the country get back on its feet faster (and Dem legislators have learned from the 2009 stimulus which didn't go far enough and extended the recession), and that's good enough for me. From what I've seen, most of the people complaining about this are the far-left tankie dipshits and the reactionary morons on the right. Pretty much everyone else—from moderate conservatives to moderate liberals to moderate leftists—is content with the bill.

Seuss in his later years regretted his earlier racism, and his estate is finally honoring his wishes by pulling some of the more unscrupulous books. If anyone doesn't like it, then they can become a children's authors and create their own works. The situation isn't Orwellian because the state isn't preventing anyone from creating, publishing, or distributing their own works. This whole thing is an example of the Streisand effect. The only reason I even know about it is from right-wingers crocodile tearing about this insignificant culture war in the media. Same thing with the Potato Head 'controversy'.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:29 am

jayramfootball wrote:
As for the radical left bill, I mean stimulus bill, its gone as far as deciding who gets money based on race. Shocking. Never thought the US Govt would be so openly racist again, but here we are - going backwards.

Hell yeah.

Radical leftist Joe Manchin :cool:

(For anyone who doesn't know who Manchin is, he's a moderate centrist Democratic senator from West Virginia, a state Trump won by 42 percentage points (68.5%-26.4%) in 2016 and 39 percentage points (68.6%-29.7%) in 2020. If you're implicitly, explicitly, or by association relating him with the radical left, then you're so far right-wing that you're not even on the axis anymore, and thus aren't worth anyone's serious consideration.)
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:06 am

LMAO wrote:Our population is around 330 million. The amount appropriated toward direct relief checks is about $410 billion. Doing the math ($410 billion / $1,400 checks) gives us close to 293 million people. 37 million people is nowhere close to 100s of millions. And that's without mentioning the additional relief in the form of extended unemployment payments, a beefed up child tax credit, expanded health insurance, pension bailouts, rental assistance, etc. Do I agree with the means testing, especially in high CoL areas where $75k single or $150k joint might still put someone or a family in the lower middle class? No, but I'm not going to let perfect be the enemy of good. No one is going to be completely satisfied with the bill, but it'll help the country get back on its feet faster (and Dem legislators have learned from the 2009 stimulus which didn't go far enough and extended the recession), and that's good enough for me. From what I've seen, most of the people complaining about this are the far-left tankie dipshits and the reactionary morons on the right. Pretty much everyone else—from moderate conservatives to moderate liberals to moderate leftists—is content with the bill.

Seuss in his later years regretted his earlier racism, and his estate is finally honoring his wishes by pulling some of the more unscrupulous books. If anyone doesn't like it, then they can become a children's authors and create their own works. The situation isn't Orwellian because the state isn't preventing anyone from creating, publishing, or distributing their own works. This whole thing is an example of the Streisand effect. The only reason I even know about it is from right-wingers crocodile tearing about this insignificant culture war in the media. Same thing with the Potato Head 'controversy'.

That first paragraph explains your position thanks, I profoundly disagree with most of it as I see very little going to the 'needy' and huge amounts of spare cash going to be invested in stocks and shares - as for "most of the people complaining" that's a matter of which sounding box you listen to, just like everything else in the US and indeed the UK these days.

Like in the UK for Boris, Biden will get the credit for the inevitable post Covid bounce ... whether that carries through to the midterms will be the burning question, just my view but Biden is not fit for office, physically and mentally he's well past his sell by date, that's not much of an issue now but 100% it will come more and more into public focus if it's true.

The "pork" in this bill will be brought up over and over again, if Biden can't think on his feet they had better keep him well away from the media or he will be eaten alive, this is an enormous can of worms that once Covid is past only the "pork" will be left to talk about.

My view is that like Boris, Biden will glow in the post recovery boom and will probably be fine for the mid-terms - but is he healthy enough?

Seuss is a distraction - cancel culture is more than one man and a few books - you learn from history, literature, art and acts of hideous violence - to ignore those lessons by 'cancelling' anything we don't like? that's not only stupid it's dangerous. Fail to learn from history and it will simply repeat itself.

The situation couldn't be more Orwellian - Whilst Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia do not exist and Big Brother did not succeed in destroying individual thought. In a large part of our world, big brother is succeeding, through the management of the news and the censorship of the written and spoken word, in severely impairing man's ability to think freely. Even in the free world, many maintain, inroads have been made: commercial interests try to doctor the news and sometimes succeed, elected officials are tempted to misrepresent the truth, Government agencies attempt to and sometimes do invade the privacy of the individuals, and military leaders feel compelled to hide some of their activities.

That's pure Orwellian does it not all start to ring true?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:15 am

LMAO wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Hell yeah.

Radical leftist Joe Manchin :cool:

(For anyone who doesn't know who Manchin is, he's a moderate centrist Democratic senator from West Virginia, a state Trump won by 42 percentage points (68.5%-26.4%) in 2016 and 39 percentage points (68.6%-29.7%) in 2020. If you're implicitly, explicitly, or by association relating him with the radical left, then you're so far right-wing that you're not even on the axis anymore, and thus aren't worth anyone's serious consideration.)

:lol:

So the radical left bill, I mean relief bill, must be ok because Joe Manchin rides a bike.
:rofll:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:42 pm

The Conservatives are 7 points ahead of Labour in the polls for the Hartlepool bi-election scheduled for 6th May.

Labour have held this seat since 1959.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:39 pm

Blimey.....thats a major shock mid term!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Phil71 wrote:The Conservatives are 7 points ahead of Labour in the polls for the Hartlepool bi-election scheduled for 6th May.

Labour are finished for a generation after the party betrayed the country over Brexit.
It won't be forgotten no matter how bad the Tories are.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:21 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The Conservatives are 7 points ahead of Labour in the polls for the Hartlepool bi-election scheduled for 6th May.

Labour are finished for a generation after the party betrayed the country over Brexit.
It won't be forgotten no matter how bad the Tories are.

We need a healthy opposition otherwise its become a 1 party state.

Issue is, Lazy fkin Labour have decided their next game plan is to introduce American toxic identity politics into Britain, which is almost as big a crime, maybe worse, than the Brexit stupidness.

I was willing to give Labour the benefit of the doubt when Kier took over ........... next thing I see is this BS.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate