British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Imagine if MPs had rejected the referendum result.

People who support leave would be even more unbearable, continuing to blame everything on the EU and spouting tales of woe about how unfair and anti-democratic it all is. Including familiar faces on this forum.

MPs who voted it down would be vilified as hate figures in the right wing bully boy press

Maybe the murder of Joe Cox was on their minds? Maybe they didnt fancy being next? Who knows?

It's completely disingenuous to blame remain supporting MPs for backing the referendum.

The place to stop it happening was in 10 Downing Street. Once the PM declared it would happen, it would have been unthinkable to vote down the result.

So you're comparing those who wanted a referendum to the murderer of Jo Cox.

Unbelievable.

Extreme right political violence seems to exclusively eminate from the right wing who would naturally be in the leave portion. Maybe you could give any examples of murders or unprovoked violence by a militant element of the liberal side of the spectrum?

Probably not.

Attempting to pretend like UFGN branded every leave voter as unhinged killers is disingenuous and pretty typical of the sort of nonsense the medium to far right wing have been pushing these last 2 years tbh.

No one is saying leave voters are murderous, but I'm sorry, the far right, be it Islamic terrorists, white supremacists or any other regressive ideologists are the number 1 perpetrators world wide of political or religious violence.

Maybe you see it in another way?

He suggested that one reason MPs chose to pass the government’s referendum Act was because they feared being murdered by right wing extremists.

That, in any sensible, right minded person’s view, must be seen as utter, utter nonsense.

I stand by it

If you were fair minded and wanted an honest debate, you would accept the point. It is valid.

The lunatic element within the Brexit support are dangerous and MPs do not have bodyguards
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Rockape » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Phil71 wrote:It’s been treated as a political football from day one.

Just forget about it, draw a line under it and move on.

Don't think it really works like that...

I think that’s the way it’ll turn out.

All they are doing is playing a silly game. Just stop the nonsense and tell the EU that we’re not leaving. Apologise for any inconvenience caused etc.

:lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

People who support leave would be even more unbearable, continuing to blame everything on the EU and spouting tales of woe about how unfair and anti-democratic it all is. Including familiar faces on this forum.

MPs who voted it down would be vilified as hate figures in the right wing bully boy press

Maybe the murder of Joe Cox was on their minds? Maybe they didnt fancy being next? Who knows?

It's completely disingenuous to blame remain supporting MPs for backing the referendum.

The place to stop it happening was in 10 Downing Street. Once the PM declared it would happen, it would have been unthinkable to vote down the result.

Unbelievable.

Extreme right political violence seems to exclusively eminate from the right wing who would naturally be in the leave portion. Maybe you could give any examples of murders or unprovoked violence by a militant element of the liberal side of the spectrum?

Probably not.

Attempting to pretend like UFGN branded every leave voter as unhinged killers is disingenuous and pretty typical of the sort of nonsense the medium to far right wing have been pushing these last 2 years tbh.

No one is saying leave voters are murderous, but I'm sorry, the far right, be it Islamic terrorists, white supremacists or any other regressive ideologists are the number 1 perpetrators world wide of political or religious violence.

He suggested that one reason MPs chose to pass the government’s referendum Act was because they feared being murdered by right wing extremists.

That, in any sensible, right minded person’s view, must be seen as utter, utter nonsense.

I stand by it

If you were fair minded and wanted an honest debate, you would accept the point. It is valid.

The lunatic element within the Brexit support are dangerous and MPs do not have bodyguards

The only lunatic here is you mate.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Probably not.

I stand by it

Ok then

Btw Tommy Robbinson is helping to arrange a pro brexit rally on Saturday. He's an official UKIP advisor now. You don't reckon there's any dangerous individuals who might be encouraged by that?

Just a little bit of context for you there

I'm not branding all brexit supporters violent, but you know that, you're using it as a convenient get out because you're just pissed off that brexit is such a farce
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:18 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Probably not.

I stand by it

Ok then

Btw Tommy Robbinson is helping to arrange a pro brexit rally on Saturday. He's an official UKIP advisor now. You don't reckon there's any dangerous individuals who might be encouraged by that?

Just a little bit of context for you there

I'm not branding all brexit supporters violent, but you know that, you're using it as a convenient get out because you're just pissed off that brexit is such a farce

:biggrin:

I’m not pissed off at all actually. As things have gone on I’ve become more convinced that stopping the whole thing would be best all round. I just wish they’d stop f***ing around and just end it.

How many Labour voters do you reckon voted leave by the way?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 pm

Quite a lot in the North

I'm not a Labour voter or supporter so I don't really care either way

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:56 pm

So glad I didn't vote tbh, look at this BS, I don't want any part of it.

All Remain needed was half an excuse to not carry out the will of the referendum and Theresa May and in particular Leave (by doing absolutely nothing) haven't just given them a reason, they've given them a signed declaration and green light to not go with it.

I mean if someone like me who thought the idea of being an independent nation, full sovereignty to the people and in turn Parliament and freedom to be more competitive in the world market wise was an appealing idea for Leave .............. and even I can't get behind Leave's non existent proposal of "Just get us out" and Theresa May's plan is nothing more than a possible proposition that we're likely to get screwed on is all I have to back for Brexit then fk off is all I can say.

What a waste of 2 years, I honestly feel we should Remain if nothing else just to piss off all those Leave campaigners who just sat back after the result and thought ............. "that's all we need to do"

Errrh no, that's just the start, now you have to find solutions for a hundred issues etc and arrange a palatable deal, but what did they do "Errh nah that's too much hard work lets, let Theresa May the Remainer do it".

If that's the stretch of their commitment and intelligence in their decision making then stop breeding now, let alone voting, fkin muppets.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:41 am

DiamondGooner wrote:So glad I didn't vote tbh, look at this BS, I don't want any part of it.

All Remain needed was half an excuse to not carry out the will of the referendum and Theresa May and in particular Leave (by doing absolutely nothing) haven't just given them a reason, they've given them a signed declaration and green light to not go with it.

I mean if someone like me who thought the idea of being an independent nation, full sovereignty to the people and in turn Parliament and freedom to be more competitive in the world market wise was an appealing idea for Leave .............. and even I can't get behind Leave's non existent proposal of "Just get us out" and Theresa May's plan is nothing more than a possible proposition that we're likely to get screwed on is all I have to back for Brexit then fk off is all I can say.

What a waste of 2 years, I honestly feel we should Remain if nothing else just to piss off all those Leave campaigners who just sat back after the result and thought ............. "that's all we need to do"

Errrh no, that's just the start, now you have to find solutions for a hundred issues etc and arrange a palatable deal, but what did they do "Errh nah that's too much hard work lets, let Theresa May the Remainer do it".

If that's the stretch of their commitment and intelligence in their decision making then stop breeding now, let alone voting, fkin muppets.

They never truly wanted it. If they did, they would have done what you said. Both Gove and Johson were using it for a powerplay for party leadership. They didn't want leave to win. They wanted it to lose, then they could claim to be the voice of those disenfranchised by the EU, whilst attacking those who wanted remain, on various issues brought about by EU membership. As soon as the results came in, and Cameron resigned, they had the perfect oppurtunity to enforce their vision. Problem was they never had a vision in the first place, so they were f***ked.

I guarantee, that should there be another referendum, remain will win, and Boris will then make his powerplay for tory leadership, exulting himself as some kind of peoples champion, whilst propping himself up on the votes of those he has misled from start. The poor f***ers will fall for it too.

Above all this, what has sickened me the most, has been the deliberate sabotage of the democratic will of this countries people. Not only that, but the media whom purport to be the check and balance against tyrranny, have completely ignored the blantant constitutional abuse by all parties in this regard. Worse they are actually obfuscating the truth, as it doesn't fit their agenda.

This is a "black day" for democracy, hence every person in this country, whether they are leave or remain.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:05 am

Agreed its made a mockery of our democracy but it would of been worse if Leave actually had a plan then they acted like this, this rebellion has strengthen'd only because of the rudderless direction Leave and May have offered, of course MP's are not going to sign off on this "agree now and we'll sort the details out later" give the EU a blank cheque approach May's going for, even her Leave MP's are refusing it!

I used to blame Remain for trying to scupper the referendum result but now even that's not an excuse, they literally don't have to do anything, just sit there, ask some relevant questions and the whole thing falls to pieces.

Jeremy Corbyn however is trying to scupper it, he has lost any respect from me, the man is only interested in a general election to get his scrawny arse in power, his excuses for not wanting May's deal are terrible because he acts like he could offer better without explaining how.
His back benchers are offering better and more relevant criticism than he is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 am

Yep.

Corbyn has contributed nothing to this debate throughout, other than to bash the government at every little opportunity.

If truth be known he's a closet brexiteer -for personal reasons. He would find it more difficult to inflict his destructive communist ideals on the UK if we were still in the EU.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:08 am

If you don't like DGs or Phil's opinion on Brexit, wait 10 minutes

It'll change

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:11 am

So what if he changes his mind as more things come to light? The circumstances are changing almost daily.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:38 am

Phil71 wrote:So what if he changes his mind as more things come to light? The circumstances are changing almost daily.

Must say I've not felt the need to change my mind at all

Funny how most of the things now "coming to light" were explained before the vote

The rest have been caused by brexiteers

I try to be reasonable I really do, but when the Brexit side have f***ked up each and every inch of this, from not listening to warnings before the vote, to how they've behaved since, what can I say?

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:25 am

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:So what if he changes his mind as more things come to light? The circumstances are changing almost daily.

Funny how most of the things now "coming to light" were explained before the vote

I try to be reasonable I really do, but when the Brexit side have f***ked up each and every inch of this, from not listening to warnings before the vote, to how they've behaved since, what can I say?

Oh get over yourself.

People should be allowed to change their mind without being pilloried by sanctimonious prigs.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:35 am

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Oh get over yourself.

People should be allowed to change their mind without being pilloried by sanctimonious prigs.

Lol woteva m9

The way you've carried on on here and then you demand a clean slate? You're lucky I'm a reasonable person. I could be having a field day if I chose to.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate