British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:So ..............

The deadline for a deal with the EU is January 1st 2021??

Good luck lol.

No Deal is a massive possibility now, especially with demands like this.

"Mr Barnier sparked disdain from ministers in London after proposing that the EU should grant British access to just 15 percent to 18 percent of the fish in UK waters."

Yeah right, tell them to fk off or we'll get the Royal Navy out, honestly, this is why we're leaving these fkin Europeans have no respect for us whatsoever.

This is their problem, they can't get it through their thick heads that we are indeed "leaving" we're not an EU satellite state, we will be independent.

This is the sort of arrogance that has effected our nations historically, especially France.

I actually think we could agree with Germany, they are much more like us in fairness and practicality but its the French where we always just receive insults and demeaning transgression.

That will come with 1000 years of emnity with the frogs. With the Germans, we were close for 200 years before they went crazy for 2 wars before calming down so they should be more pragmatic.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:03 pm

In other news, this is now the time for Keir Starmer to grow a pair and actually oppose the government rather than rubber stamping everything they want. There are enough rebels to help him win and save millions from unfair and draconian restrictions. He has a chance to land a strong blow against the government but will he take it?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:09 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:In other news, this is now the time for Keir Starmer to grow a pair and actually oppose the government rather than rubber stamping everything they want. There are enough rebels to help him win and save millions from unfair and draconian restrictions. He has a chance to land a strong blow against the government but will he take it?

No chance.

He's a jellyfish politician. Just goes with the flow.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:12 pm

You see this is the issue, and why we're leaving.

The EU is not Europe, its France & Germany plus ........

Which is obvious here in the fall out from the talks because its not Poland, Ireland or Lithuania causing problems, because they can't, they don't have a voice, its fkin France.

What we need to do is keep heading toward no deal and see if Germany cracks, because Germany must be fkin fuming with France, Germany has a good trade relationship with us, i.e they make good stuff and we buy it all.
They won't be happy that France is literally holding the EU to ransom.

Its like bloody Aincourt all over again.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expre ... ons-french

This is exactly why Britian left the EU, us and France just cannot get on and don't be mistaken, this is all Frances fault, they hate us with a passion.
Notice, no other EU nation is making demands here.

"Mr Barnier was forced to dump a series of fresh proposals on Lord Frost’s table in response to a threat by Paris to veto any trade deal that doesn’t contain significant British concessions."
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:21 pm

Live from Macrons office

Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:31 pm

At this stage, I don't actually care about Brexit - even if we end up staying in the EU.
This Tory Govt have proved itself to be the most authoritarian govt in my lifetime, maybe ever in this country. There is no difference between being fully governed by Brussels and this current shower of Tory sh*ts.
They will never get my vote again - neither will Labour or the Liberals for their anti-Democracy behaviour over the last 4 years.
Basically leaves no one to vote for in this country unless a new party rises up from the utter shambles we have now.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:17 pm

jayramfootball wrote:At this stage, I don't actually care about Brexit - even if we end up staying in the EU.
This Tory Govt have proved itself to be the most authoritarian govt in my lifetime, maybe ever in this country. There is no difference between being fully governed by Brussels and this current shower of Tory sh*ts.
They will never get my vote again - neither will Labour or the Liberals for their anti-Democracy behaviour over the last 4 years.
Basically leaves no one to vote for in this country unless a new party rises up from the utter shambles we have now.
Green?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:27 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:At this stage, I don't actually care about Brexit - even if we end up staying in the EU.
Green?

Might have to be ... but would need to look into their policies in more details.
The options are so thin.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
Green?

Might have to be ... but would need to look into their policies in more details.
The options are so thin.

Brexit Party/Reform UK?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:14 pm

With the current electoral system only Labour or Conservative have a chance of getting into power. The Lib Democrats might get a chance of a coalition with one of those.

But that's it.

The greens and UKIP got 10-15% of the vote each and get no seats for that.

So that's 20-25% of the electorate who get no representation for their vote.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:00 am

Phil71 wrote:With the current electoral system only Labour or Conservative have a chance of getting into power. The Lib Democrats might get a chance of a coalition with one of those.

But that's it.

FPTP is the cause of a lot of your problems. Same thing with us in America. It inevitably devolves into a two-party system*. Proportional representation would solve a lot of problems.

*I know the UK doesn't have a two-party system on paper, but in actuality, it's either going to be Labour or Conservative.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:29 am

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:With the current electoral system only Labour or Conservative have a chance of getting into power. The Lib Democrats might get a chance of a coalition with one of those.

But that's it.

FPTP is the cause of a lot of your problems. Same thing with us in America. It inevitably devolves into a two-party system*. Proportional representation would solve a lot of problems.

*I know the UK doesn't have a two-party system on paper, but in actuality, it's either going to be Labour or Conservative.

That's never going to change.

Our democracies are rigged for a reason.

The establishment and big business, banks etc rely on parties towing the line, so these parties get the funding, get the partnerships etc, they're bought and paid for.

Do you know what happens if democracy is truly open? Nazi Germany, Russia's Communist party etc.

Banks and big business, the Royals etc all of it, the entire establishment are at risk from a rogue party gaining power .......... so that is the reason we have a two party system.

Mark Twain - "If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:51 pm

pR0JeCt FeAr
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:13 pm

Love this. :cloud9:

"Four Royal Navy patrol ships will be ready from 1 January to help the UK protect its fishing waters in the event of a no-deal Brexit."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... eal-brexit

Lets see those fkin French tw*t fisherman play up now, the level of dissrespect that country shows us needs aswering quite frankly and with force if necessary.

Its a shame as well because I think France is a great place, but they absolutely hate us, so oh well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Also look at this language here, if any Remainer ever doubted we were an EU cog here it is ..........

Hoping to address the Prime Minister’s concerns, Mrs von der Leyen insisted the bloc is ready to respect Britain as a sovereign state.

She said: “They would remain free, sovereign, if you wish to decide what they want to do we would simply adapt the conditions for access to our market according to the decision of the UK and this would apply vice-versa.”

We are better off out of it, we're not Latvia or some minnow state, we're not even on the mainland, fact is Britain has always been too independent of Europe and we've been at odds with them since the Hundred Years war, Henry VIII and even Elizabeth.

In fact it carried on for centuries, us and the French were tearing lumps out of each other over America and Napoleon .......... was never going to work long term.

Time for us to be independent, I'm glad we voted "Out".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate