British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Honestly think it should be nationalised, the supply of electrical energy should not be in the hands of private companies imo.

Bloody communist :sneaky:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:39 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Still waiting for the waive of anger over the unelected House of Lords?

And unelected decision making Ministers in this government, such business minister, Lord Callanan?

And the unjust and antidemocratic FPTP electoral system?

But there won't be any. Because it hasn't been handed to people on a plate and turned to mush by the tabloids for them to get angry about.

How many "pro democracy" bleeding hearts on here supported the Proportional Representation referendum put forward by the Con/Lib coalition government? How many even remember it happened?

Going to be honest ............

I don't have any problem with FPTP.

If you win, you win.

It means that a party could get millions of votes and zero MPs. No representation whatsoever. It's an abortion of democracy.

.............but yet your fine with un-elected EU officials making rules for our country with their policies? you know, people with zero votes.

Doesn't make sense to have both stances.

Those officials are chosen representatives of ELECTED governments, like ambassadors are. Why is that so hard for people to understand? As I pointed out at the time. Also, European MPs are DIRECTLY elected.

How exactly is that anti democratic?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:54 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Still waiting for the waive of anger over the unelected House of Lords?

And unelected decision making Ministers in this government, such business minister, Lord Callanan?

But there won't be any. Because it hasn't been handed to people on a plate and turned to mush by the tabloids for them to get angry about.

How many "pro democracy" bleeding hearts on here supported the Proportional Representation referendum put forward by the Con/Lib coalition government? How many even remember it happened?

If you win, you win.

It means that a party could get millions of votes and zero MPs. No representation whatsoever. It's an abortion of democracy.

.............but yet your fine with un-elected EU officials making rules for our country with their policies? you know, people with zero votes.

Those officials are chosen representatives of ELECTED governments, like ambassadors are. Why is that so hard for people to understand? As I pointed out at the time. Also, European MPs are DIRECTLY elected.

............the policies the EU enforces has wide ranging powers over how our country operates, for example if Britain wants to do such and such, we are shackled by the decisions of the EU.

So if the British people want something different we can't vote to enforce it, so no, that is not democracy for Britain, its the democracy of the EU, which isn't saying much considering how they operate.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

If you win, you win.

............the policies the EU enforces has wide ranging powers over how our country operates, for example if Britain wants to do such and such, we are shackled by the decisions of the EU.

Name me an example of an EU policy which was enforced here, and caused us significant problems?

We declined to take a "share" of immigrants while still in the EU

We opted out if the Euro

We opted out of Schengen

There were opt outs available on the working time directive

We could have done our own vaccine program even if we were in the EU

......we in fact could and did opt out of many things we didn't want

Give me an example.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:16 pm

Who we can and can't trade with.

Immigration targets.

Tons of Civil / Human Rights bills.

Territory access for fishing rights.

We're subject to the EU Laws.

Probably a lot more but that's off the top of my head.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Who we can and can't trade with.

Immigration targets.

Please explain. I have no idea what this means. I think I just explained that we opted out of this

That's the ECHR, not the EU. We helped to form the ECHR. Winston Churchill was a supporter of its formation. Are you suggesting that we pull out of that too?

Yeah! That's gone well since hasn't it!!

https://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-eur ... re-brexit/

And

https://youtu.be/xzfQZEWpC28

That's what we're discussing, yes. You've so far come up with no problems caused by that and one thing that's been made worse since we left

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:03 pm

UFGN wrote:

Immigration targets.

Please explain. I have no idea what this means. I think I just explained that we opted out of this

That's the ECHR, not the EU. We helped to form the ECHR. Winston Churchill was a supporter of its formation. Are you suggesting that we pull out of that too?

And

That's what we're discussing, yes. You've so far come up with no problems caused by that and one thing that's been made worse since we left

We've opted out of immigration targets NOW when we left the EU, prior to that the UK HAD to take its portion of immigrants, now we have full control over that, we didn't before.

We are subject to the EU Courts, even now they're still trying to lord over us with that and we're still having to tell them to fk off, we're not subject to your courts anymore.

They tried to get the EU courts involved with Rwanda until we pointed out that its now subject to the British High Courts to decide on this.

None of what your saying overrides the main point .......... its not about "what's so bad" its about it being up to us, full stop.

Your just coming back with guff points about "But what was so bad about that? :crybaby: " ......... that was never the point.
The point is all decisions stop and end at our shores with the British people.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Immigration targets.

And

We've opted out of immigration targets NOW when we left the EU, prior to that the UK HAD to take its portion of immigrants, now we have full control over that, we didn't before.

We are subject to the EU Courts, even now they're still trying to lord over us with that and we're still having to tell them to fk off, we're not subject to your courts anymore.

They tried to get the EU courts involved with Rwanda until we pointed out that its now subject to the British High Courts to decide on this.

None of what your saying overrides the main point .......... its not about "what's so bad" its about it being up to us, full stop.

Your just coming back with guff points about "But what was so bad about that? :crybaby: " ......... that was never the point.

We opted out of the immigration while we were still a member. We could have opted out of it just like we opted out of countless other things

You're still willfully mixing up the EU and the ECHR even though this has been clearly explained to you

You've utterly failed to come up with one negative EU law that effected us.

The tears and guff are all yours. Because given a choice to make your case, youve completely failed.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:56 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Immigration targets.

And

We opted out of the immigration while we were still a member. We could have opted out of it just like we opted out of countless other things

You're still willfully mixing up the EU and the ECHR even though this has been clearly explained to you

The tears and guff are all yours. Because given a choice to make your case, youve completely failed.

.............you've missed the entire point though.

I did come up with a law that effected us but you've got your cloth ears on, GLOBAL TRADE, and even if I came up with nothing that still is not the point, the point is that all laws we abide by should be generated within this country, by the people we elect.

That is a proper democracy, not some vassal state of a conglomerate.

But you don't want to accept that because it destroys your point.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:24 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Immigration targets.

And

.............you've missed the entire point though.

I did come up with a law that effected us but you've got your cloth ears on, GLOBAL TRADE, and even if I came up with nothing that still is not the point, the point is that all laws we abide by should be generated within this country, by the people we elect.

That is a proper democracy, not some vassal state of a conglomerate.

But you don't want to accept that because it destroys your point.

:rofll:

You and your democracy

With your unelected head of state

Unelected upper house

Unelected people working as government ministers

But not a peep out of you over any of that because nobody's told you to be angry about it

Fake, misplaced anger. That's your whole argument.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:36 am

UFGN wrote:
:rofll:

You and your democracy

With your unelected head of state

Unelected upper house

Unelected people working as government ministers

But not a peep out of you over any of that because nobody's told you to be angry about it

Fake, misplaced anger. That's your whole argument.

Elected party, Upper House doesn't make policy, Gov't ministers are answerable to the Govt who are answerable to us.

My argument is that laws / rules are to be made IN THIS COUNTRY because the people can then vote for said party.

Your added wrinkles don't change that fact, also "nobody's told you to be angry" save it, my opinion on what a democracy should be hasn't come from a tabloid, and that's a poor attempt at demeaning an opinion just because you can't win the argument.

Fact is you sound like a Guardian mouth piece yourself.

Quite frankly you coming from an opinion of Non-self government is an absolute non-starter with me.

You may as well be a vegan trying to convince a Lion to give up Gazelles for grass.

There is nothing you can say to convince me that having full control of law / policy making being made within this country should be overruled by a non-democratic set up in Brussels.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:41 am

All these client journalists in the British right wing media who are condemning working people for demanding big pay rises, can f**k off. Let's look at their fuckin wages, shall we?

13% inflation now. People are starting to panic, understandably. Quality food is becoming unaffordable.

This bullshit government needs to get a grip and stop demonising our own people for asking for what they need.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:56 am

UFGN wrote:All these client journalists in the British right wing media who are condemning working people for demanding big pay rises, can f**k off. Let's look at their fuckin wages, shall we?

13% inflation now. People are starting to panic, understandably. Quality food is becoming unaffordable.

This bullshit government needs to get a grip and stop demonising our own people for asking for what they need.

Serious question ............

What can be done about it though? the inflation I mean.

Its global and its because the elite are attempting a market crash, love to know what they're going to try an blame it on this time though, I think they were hoping Covid would of caused one so they wouldn't cop the blame but it didn't.

Personally I think wages are way behind the curve, but so is also the cost of businesses and services hence why I don't think a solution will be found.

We're in for a few years of grinding unfortunately and the Energy sector fleecing the sht out of us so they can transform their Billion pound companies from petrol to electrical providers is going to go on till 2030.

.......... If Labour promised to nationalise Energy immediately or at least within the next few years they'd have my vote.

We're entering a period of making electrical energy a life blood of EVERYTHING, transportation, Online activities which control every aspect of our lives from communication to finances and banking .......... and we're leaving this energy source in the hands of Private companies?

Not a wise idea at all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:All these client journalists in the British right wing media who are condemning working people for demanding big pay rises, can f**k off. Let's look at their fuckin wages, shall we?

Its global and its because the elite are attempting a market crash, love to know what they're going to try an blame it on this time though, I think they were hoping Covid would of caused one so they wouldn't cop the blame but it didn't.

Personally I think wages are way behind the curve, but so is also the cost of businesses and services hence why I don't think a solution will be found.

We're in for a few years of grinding unfortunately and the Energy sector fleecing the sht out of us so they can transform their Billion pound companies from petrol to electrical providers is going to go on till 2030.

.......... If Labour promised to nationalise Energy immediately or at least within the next few years they'd have my vote.

We're entering a period of making electrical energy a life blood of EVERYTHING, transportation, Online activities which control every aspect of our lives from communication to finances and banking .......... and we're leaving this energy source in the hands of Private companies?

Not a wise idea at all.

The solutions are not easy but as you indicate this is not "typical" inflation. It's not caused by consumers going out and buying new sofas and TVs. It's caused by energy costs, and the cost of everything else that relies on energy.

My point is, government and their pet attack dogs in the media need to stop pointing the finger at the working population for demanding better wages.

It's is perfectly reasonable for workers to "put their price up" the same as everything else. I'm tired of being treated like the fkin enemy in all this by people who should be on my side.

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Not a wise idea at all.

They did promise that, people called them communists and used it as a reason not to vote for them!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate