British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Phil71 wrote:He'll lose.

Christ, the Conservatives have put up people like John Major and Theresa May, and they still won!

He's Blair 2.0. Very few are going to fall for that nonsense again, plus the labour party have sunk themselves for a generation with their behaviour during the Brexit process.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:25 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He'll lose.

Christ, the Conservatives have put up people like John Major and Theresa May, and they still won!

He's Blair 2.0. Very few are going to fall for that nonsense again.

Blair had a bit of some about him. Appeal if you like.

Starmer is unconvincing and unappealing.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Callum wrote:I'd rather a Prime Minister with a nasally voice than a lying charlatan who won't admit how many children he has.

I'd wager that Keir Starmer is a lying charlatan also - he's a politician after all and one who has risen to a leadership position. I rather doubt he managed that by being honest.

Lmao

So you've no evidence, just choosing to tar the man simply because he's a politician. The man was a human rights lawyer, and it's clear from even a cursory look he's more integrity than BoJo has, who's made a career of backstabbing and lying his way to the top.

Left wing and a politician - there is no way he is not a lying charlatan... and he's not going to win the election in 2024 so save yourself the disappointment.

Your enlightened centrism on display again.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Callum wrote:I'd rather a Prime Minister with a nasally voice than a lying charlatan who won't admit how many children he has.

And then had the gall to have his bastard baptised as a Catholic!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:25 pm

The one thing Kier may get a bit of a jump from is that people are fuming with how Boris and his team are fkin up Covid procedures with one crack pot idea after another.

If this sh*t starts to pile up and people begin to believe that these measures are unnecessary and their controlling our freedom for no good reason then he'll get a massive backlash.

Unhappiness from people losing their jobs, struggling to pay mortgages, no release in the entertainment or hospitality industry because they've been muzzled etc I think by next spring people will start to revolt properly.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I'd wager that Keir Starmer is a lying charlatan also - he's a politician after all and one who has risen to a leadership position. I rather doubt he managed that by being honest.

Lmao

So you've no evidence, just choosing to tar the man simply because he's a politician. The man was a human rights lawyer, and it's clear from even a cursory look he's more integrity than BoJo has, who's made a career of backstabbing and lying his way to the top.

Left wing and a politician - there is no way he is not a lying charlatan... and he's not going to win the election in 2024 so save yourself the disappointment.

Your enlightened centrism on display again.

Yep.
One day you'll learn that disdain for our current crop of no good politicians - in fact as far back as I can remember - is a common theme amongst centrists. Starmer is a clown. If it makes you feel any better so is the bumbling dictator wannabe that we currently have.
However, very very few people are going to forget what Labour did after the Brexit vote by 2024. There is no way they will be in power so soon after that betrayal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The one thing Kier may get a bit of a jump from is that people are fuming with how Boris and his team are fkin up Covid procedures with one crack pot idea after another.

If this sh*t starts to pile up and people begin to believe that these measures are unnecessary and their controlling our freedom for no good reason then he'll get a massive backlash.

Unhappiness from people losing their jobs, struggling to pay mortgages, no release in the entertainment or hospitality industry because they've been muzzled etc I think by next spring people will start to revolt properly.

Labour have to be the party opposing the draconian measures if they want any respect from the public.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Was at the pub tonight .............. fkin kill me now.

6 months of this, going to have to think of a way around it, house doos or something.

Absolute social killer.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Was at the pub tonight .............. fkin kill me now.

6 months of this, going to have to think of a way around it, house doos or something.

Absolute social killer.

You can get round the T&T by giving fake names easily
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Well I knew this would happen eventually ......... the rebalancing of media control begins.

"Andrew Neil launches 24-hour news channel to rival BBC and Sky
GB News aimed at those who feel ‘underserved and unheard’, says veteran broadcaster"

Basically its a News channel for "Right leaning" individuals, a British version of Fox News.

I'm actually surprised this wasn't done ages ago, the hole in the market is gaping, only LBC really gives British Conservatives a platform.

https://www.ft.com/content/470cf7f4-59e ... 634b7980d7
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:11 pm

The Gov't are looking for a fking scrap here ..........

The Met Police are shutting down an anti-coronavirus restrictions protest in London because crowds have "not complied" with social distancing rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54309603

They allowed BLM and all sorts during the full fkin lockdown but they're trying to stamp this out?

Bad move for Boris and co, bad move indeed, they can't have their cake and eat it, they allowed continuous weekly protests for over a month regarding BLM.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:21 pm

If the police come around to check on your house just tell them they can't come in because you already have six people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The Gov't are looking for a fking scrap here ..........

The Met Police are shutting down an anti-coronavirus restrictions protest in London because crowds have "not complied" with social distancing rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54309603

They allowed BLM and all sorts during the full fkin lockdown but they're trying to stamp this out?

Bad move for Boris and co, bad move indeed, they can't have their cake and eat it, they allowed continuous weekly protests for over a month regarding BLM.

You also cant have your cake and eat it. Youve been crying your eyes out every single day about BLM but when a protest you support happens, you change your tune. Predictable. Either you support protests without masks or you dont. No buts.

By the way at those anti statue protests earlier this year, and at the BLM stuff, there were hundreds of police. I work in central London. Saw them myself. I walked straight past the Houses of Parliament and saw one of them in full swing near the Churchill Statue. About 15 police vans hidden discreetly down the road near the Mall..... But it was peaceful so they hung back. They would have been there in seconds if needed.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Well I knew this would happen eventually ......... the rebalancing of media control begins.

GB News aimed at those who feel ‘underserved and unheard’, says veteran broadcaster"

Basically its a News channel for "Right leaning" individuals, a British version of Fox News.

I'm actually surprised this wasn't done ages ago, the hole in the market is gaping, only LBC really gives British Conservatives a platform.

Do you realise that the Director -General and Editor-in-chief of the BBC is a member of the conservative party and former Tory councillor?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:41 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Well I knew this would happen eventually ......... the rebalancing of media control begins.

Do you realise that the Director -General and Editor-in-chief of the BBC is a member of the conservative party and former Tory councillor?

He'll toe the PC liberal left BBC line or he'll be out on his ear.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate