British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:The left's rent-a-mob in a nutshell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45082053

Tbf I stopped caring right about here ..................

"It happened overnight on 1 August at the politician's mansion at West Harptree, Somerset"

He'll be fine, a darn sight better than we'll ever be.

Since when is it acceptable to break people's windows? We wouldn't want it done to our houses.

I didn't condone the action, I said I didn't care because the man is a multi-millionaire and wouldn't give two fks if my windows got smashed, he won't be sweating about it will he? probably pays more for his brunch than it will cost to replace his window.

This faux outrage is so tedious.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:The left's rent-a-mob in a nutshell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45082053

Tbf I stopped caring right about here ..................

"It happened overnight on 1 August at the politician's mansion at West Harptree, Somerset"

He'll be fine, a darn sight better than we'll ever be.

Since when is it acceptable to break people's windows? We wouldn't want it done to our houses.

I didn't condone the action, I said I didn't care because the man is a multi-millionaire and wouldn't give two fks if my windows got smashed, he won't be sweating about it will he? probably pays more for his brunch than it will cost to replace his window.

This faux outrage is so tedious.

Like people's windows or worse don't get broken every single day in this country.

He can use all that money he made betting against the pound on the stock exchange with Farrage, while he was busy driving Brexit and helping cause the sterling to drop in the first place.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:12 pm

Scottish referendum loser leaves the SNP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45350523
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:07 am

After listening to a Labour MP I believe I have established the game plan for Remain.

Don't support anything Theresa May does so she DOESN'T get a deal to leave, May then can't get a deal ratified in Parliament, this means we go to No Deal .......... from her own mouth the Labour MP said "If May can't get a deal Parliament won't vote for No Deal".

So if I have this right, Remains new tactic is to let May continue fking up Brexit which she's doing with impressive vigour, then when all that's on the table is "No Deal" all the Remainer's from Labour and the Con's will vote down No Deal .......... leading to a constitutional crisis in Britain.

That will directly pit Parliaments vote against the Referendum and the vote they already passed to send article 50.

They voted to allow us to state we're leaving the EU, but are planning on blocking No Deal.

If you don't believe me .......... watch this space.

Tbh when I worked it out from what she said it answered all my questions, like "If Labour is Remain why are they not propping up Theresa May as she wants a Soft Brexit".
It probably also explains why Theresa May is hashing up the Brexit talks stating, "Its either my way or nothing".

They want the talks to fail.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:51 am

DiamondGooner wrote:After listening to a Labour MP I believe I have established the game plan for Remain.

Don't support anything Theresa May does so she DOESN'T get a deal to leave, May then can't get a deal ratified in Parliament, this means we go to No Deal .......... from her own mouth the Labour MP said "If May can't get a deal Parliament won't vote for No Deal".

So if I have this right, Remains new tactic is to let May continue fking up Brexit which she's doing with impressive vigour, then when all that's on the table is "No Deal" all the Remainer's from Labour and the Con's will vote down No Deal .......... leading to a constitutional crisis in Britain.

That will directly pit Parliaments vote against the Referendum and the vote they already passed to send article 50.

They voted to allow us to state we're leaving the EU, but are planning on blocking No Deal.

Tbh when I worked it out from what she said it answered all my questions, like "If Labour is Remain why are they not propping up Theresa May as she wants a Soft Brexit".
It probably also explains why Theresa May is hashing up the Brexit talks stating, "Its either my way or nothing".

Labour are just crap. The Tories are too actually but they seem to avoid the incompetence label somehow

It's the arch brexiteers who want the talks to fail.

That f***ing animal Rees Mogg and his mates ate happy for the talks to fail and for there to be no deal. Or as they call it "hard brexit"

You're not going to get away with blaming the remain side for this. It's all on Leave. Every ounce of it

Btw.... guess what.... leaving the EU is a shit idea partly because of exactly this situation. But that was "project fear" apparently
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:23 am

There are plenty of very successful countries not in the EU .... the main two being Norway and Switzerland ... why the feck do we care what the EU thinks .... we had a vote we want out .... feck 'em and there silly deals .... the EU represented 30% of world trade in 1980, today that's down to 16% and when we leave it will be just 15% ... so even if they block all trade with us (and of course they won't) that still leaves 85% of the world to do business with ...

For far to long the EU has had a massively over inflated opinion of it's own importance ... bottom line WE DON"T NEED THEM ..... we were around long before the EU and we'll be around long after it falls apart ....

Brexit - No-Brexit the end of the EU is inevitable ... it's just a badly run boy's club in a world that's left all that shit behind long ago ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:38 am

EliteKiller wrote:There are plenty of very successful countries not in the EU .... the main two being Norway and Switzerland ... why the feck do we care what the EU thinks .... we had a vote we want out .... feck 'em and there silly deals .... the EU represented 30% of world trade in 1980, today that's down to 16% and when we leave it will be just 15% ... so even if they block all trade with us (and of course they won't) that still leaves 85% of the world to do business with ...

For far to long the EU has had a massively over inflated opinion of it's own importance ... bottom line WE DON"T NEED THEM ..... we were around long before the EU and we'll be around long after it falls apart ....

Brexit - No-Brexit the end of the EU is inevitable ... it's just a badly run boy's club in a world that's left all that shit behind long ago ......

UK exports per year

EU £133BN

USA £45BN

CHINA £18B

Let me guess... were going to get a trade deal with Austalia right?

Btw for comparison, we sell almost as much to Holland as we do to China
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:19 am

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:There are plenty of very successful countries not in the EU .... the main two being Norway and Switzerland ... why the feck do we care what the EU thinks .... we had a vote we want out .... feck 'em and there silly deals .... the EU represented 30% of world trade in 1980, today that's down to 16% and when we leave it will be just 15% ... so even if they block all trade with us (and of course they won't) that still leaves 85% of the world to do business with ...

UK exports per year

EU £133BN

USA £45BN

CHINA £18B

What's your point? do you think suddenly the EU will stop buying from the UK? do you think the EU only buys our stuff because they like us? because we're part of their club? do you not think just perhaps it's the products that they want, and will still want?

If you could think beyond 'spin' for just a second, why do you think I referenced Norway and Switzerland? both those countries are outside the EU, yet both sell a far higher percentage of their exports to the EU than the UK currently does from inside the EU. Are you implying that when we leave the EU we can't do the same? If so why not?

Explain how whilst the EU already does more trade with non-EU countries than with EU countries, you appear to be suggesting the EU won't trade with a non-EU United Kingdom in the future ... so just how does that work?

Your whole premise is based on the delusion that leaving the EU means no longer trading with the EU, when in fact all the evidence shows that non EU countries trade perfectly well with the EU, as I said Norway and Switzerland are prime examples ... how do you explain this?

As I said WE DON'T NEED THE EU ... we can continue to trade from outside their club, just like the other 200+ countries that are not EU members do now .... if the product and price is right UK goods will continue to sell .... have a little more faith in our great Country ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:45 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:

UK exports per year

EU £133BN

USA £45BN

CHINA £18B

What's your point? do you think suddenly the EU will stop buying from the UK? do you think the EU only buys our stuff because they like us? because we're part of their club? do you not think just perhaps it's the products that they want, and will still want?

If you could think beyond 'spin' for just a second, why do you think I referenced Norway and Switzerland? both those countries are outside the EU, yet both sell a far higher percentage of their exports to the EU than the UK currently does from inside the EU. Are you implying that when we leave the EU we can't do the same? If so why not?

Explain how whilst the EU already does more trade with non-EU countries than with EU countries, you appear to be suggesting the EU won't trade with a non-EU United Kingdom in the future ... so just how does that work?

Your whole premise is based on the delusion that leaving the EU means no longer trading with the EU, when in fact all the evidence shows that non EU countries trade perfectly well with the EU, as I said Norway and Switzerland are prime examples ... how do you explain this?

As I said WE DON'T NEED THE EU ... we can continue to trade from outside their club, just like the other 200+ countries that are not EU members do now .... if the product and price is right UK goods will continue to sell .... have a little more faith in our great Country ...

Oh Jesus Christ give the sound bites a rest. You must be making yourself embarrassed. And CAPS don't make you right

133 BN in exports. By far our biggest exporter. Three times bigger than the US

The consequences of delays at the border due to
bureaucracy mean more expensive food imports and exports as perishable items become less profitable. Even e few hours matters a lot.

The cost of a £12000 car imported from germany goes up £240 under WTO rules

The cost of a Rolls Royce aircraft engine sold to France costing €33M (yes, really)... goes up €660,000

How much will the servicing aspects on that engine deal cost?

How much tax will there be on financial transactions between London and Frankfurt? On an insurance policy sold to a Dutch company?

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:44 am

UFGN wrote:133 BN in exports. By far our biggest exporter. Three times bigger than the US

The consequences of delays at the border due to bureaucracy mean more expensive food imports and exports as perishable items become less profitable. Even e few hours matters a lot.

The cost of a Rolls Royce aircraft engine sold to France costing €33M (yes, really)... goes up €660,000

How much tax will there be on financial transactions between London and Frankfurt? On an insurance policy sold to a Dutch company?

As I said you're all just guesswork and spin .... Rolls Royce produce nearly a third of all the world's aero engines, they make them in over 20 different countries, do you think that's going to change even 1% after Brexit? if so please explain why?

Just for a comparison, Boeing, who also produce a third of the world's aero engines, sell just as many to the EU as Rolls Royce do .. yet they are not part of the EU, so how is that possible?

Whilst we're talking about a 133,000,000,000 export business, you're talking 240 quid on a car? if it wasn't so serious it would be feckin' laughable ....

The bottom liner is, just like everyone else, you can't say for certain what will happen because nobody knows what the variables will be ....

Just take two variables - if the tax on exports goes up by 10% but the pound drops by 15% then what happens?

The reality is all you can do is look at other countries in a similar position - Norway and Switzerland being the obvious two - both of these countries have a greater proportion of trade with the EU than the UK does, it works very well, so why would the UK be treated any different?

When you talk about the 'project of fear' take a look back at what you've written, right now it's all pure guesswork and speculation .... so who's the one trying to spread fear?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:49 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:133 BN in exports. By far our biggest exporter. Three times bigger than the US

The consequences of delays at the border due to bureaucracy mean more expensive food imports and exports as perishable items become less profitable. Even e few hours matters a lot.

As I said you're all just guesswork and spin .... Rolls Royce produce nearly a third of all the world's aero engines, they make them in over 20 different countries, do you think that's going to change even 1% after Brexit? if so please explain why?

Just for a comparison, Boeing, who also produce a third of the world's aero engines, sell just as many to the EU as Rolls Royce do .. yet they are not part of the EU, so how is that possible?

Whilst we're talking about a 133,000,000,000 export business, you're talking 240 quid on a car? if it wasn't so serious it would be feckin' laughable ....

The bottom liner is, just like everyone else, you can't say for certain what will happen because nobody knows what the variables will be ....

Just take two variables - if the tax on exports goes up by 10% but the pound drops by 15% then what happens?

The reality is all you can do is look at other countries in a similar position - Norway and Switzerland being the obvious two - both of these countries have a greater proportion of trade with the EU than the UK does, it works very well, so why would the UK be treated any different?

When you talk about the 'project of fear' take a look back at what you've written, right now it's all pure guesswork and speculation .... so who's the one trying to spread fear?

I'm sorry this is very difficult because you seem to have so little base knowledge of what we sell and who to, that I'd have to spend hours just to make you understand.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:51 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:After listening to a Labour MP I believe I have established the game plan for Remain.

Labour are just crap. The Tories are too actually but they seem to avoid the incompetence label somehow

It's the arch brexiteers who want the talks to fail.

That f***ing animal Rees Mogg and his mates ate happy for the talks to fail and for there to be no deal. Or as they call it "hard brexit"

You're not going to get away with blaming the remain side for this. It's all on Leave. Every ounce of it

Btw.... guess what.... leaving the EU is a shit idea partly because of exactly this situation. But that was "project fear" apparently

Of course Rees-Mogg wants no deal, but I just worked out that tactically so does Labour .........and as I explained now I know why.

I had been wondering all this time why Labour isn't backing Theresa May's "Soft Brexit" and its because they don't actually want any type of Brexit at all, they know Remain has the majority in the House and they are betting on Parliament refusing no deal and therefore defacto staying in the EU.

Its going to be a showdown and a potential car crash, if Parliament vote down "No Deal" the Gov't would have to go cap in hand to the EU and say "Can we stay on" the EU won't turn down Britain's full involvement (no matter how they hate us) they can't afford to turn us away.
It'll either be that or Leave force Remain to accept no deal.

This is what we're heading for in my view.

Personally I want "No Deal" I wouldn't mind us becoming a Switzerland or a Canada Free trade deal.
Standards are high in Switzerland because of their special position.

The reason I want no deal is because ultimately, I have to back the democratic process and that's what Britain voted for, the day we support the Gov't overriding a democratic election is the day we may as well have Hitler or Starlin in office.

Right or wrong, democracy must be upheld.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Labour is lead by Jeremy Corbyn who is a career brexiteer.

Hence the massive campaign to get him out so labour can seize leadership off him to become the remainer party.

People like elite pointing to Norway and Switzerland obvs don't pay much attention, becuase they have to abide by practically the same laws in order to deal with the EU but with f**k all say how it's run like we currently do.

Also, populations and socio economic dynamics are world's apart between them and us, in switerzerland the wealth is far more evenly distributed amongst a much smaller population.

You think adopting the same political status is one size fits all?

It's people like elite that even in 50 years, won't admit how much of an impact a no deal brexit will have on their lives and the lives of their families, but the best part will be that internally, they will feel it In their own conscience when it is having a realtime impact on them.

The sort of people that a known arsonist who they let stay over burns down their house ffs.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:18 pm

I do wish people would stop comparing us to bloody Swizerland. Their whole economy is based on historic money laundering. There's no comparison.

Also, almost their whole export economy is precious metals and f***ing watches

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:32 pm

UFGN wrote:I do wish people would stop comparing us to bloody Swizerland. Their whole economy is based on historic money laundering. There's no comparison.

Also, almost their whole export economy is precious metals and f***ing watches

We need to get on them watches then lol.

There are so many nice places out there, small but amazing, I don't see why we can't adopt those models, I flew from Marbella and as I was coming back spotted this place on the north west coast of Spain, looked it up and it was a place called St Sebastian.

I want to go there next year, never heard of it and it was so nice I spotted it from a fkin plane.

So many amazing places out there, I really don't get what the fk we're doing, St Sebastian, Monaco, La Rochelle, Switzerland etc England is a fkin dump compared to those places, and I live in the scenic part of Britain.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate