British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Jedi wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:CORBYN CALLS VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE

He won't win it.

We're leaving without a deal as the EU, being inflexible, will not renegotiate.

How does the vote of no confidence work? Will only conservatives vote on it? If so, why does Corbyn get to be the one to call it?

Any MP can do that but by convention it just isn't done unless the government has a big defeat on major policy. Corbyn just used a Point of Order to get in first (probably misuse of the custom, but Bercow would clearly allow it).

In reality, despite the huge loss, the confidence vote will be on party lines because the Tories are not going to give up the right for their party to govern and the DUP won't want to throw away all that money promised to Northern Ireland because it would hurt them in their election campaign. The government will win tomorrow, it's just by how many is the question (probably by between 1-10).
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:21 pm

This is madness, I don't know what to expect now.

A part of me wants to feel sorry for May having to navigate all this but after what she did as home secretary, especially snoopers charter my conscience won't allow it so to hell with her, lol.

Government will win no confidence vote and May (unbelievably) will remain as PM. The worst government ever cannot be toppled, the opposition should be ashamed of themselves.

What is this thing about parliament taking over from the government, can that actually happen? and if they did what would that mean with a clear majority against no deal and the EU unwilling to negotiate.

The pound gained after this result as well, I would have expected it to drop?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:45 pm

Everyone knows Corbyn is crap

Thake a few minutes out to consider the scale of just how crap this conservative government are and have been.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:52 pm

So cancel Article 50 or crash out of the EU on March 29 without a deal. Those are the two realistic options now?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 pm

LMAO wrote:So cancel Article 50 or crash out of the EU on March 29 without a deal. Those are the two realistic options now?

No, at this stage they'll ask for an extension after the blood letting is complete in two weeks time and then the EU will likely grant it but at a fee, either that or they'll gamble on us cancelling it but that could bite them badly if it goes wrong.

Not many leaders will have the balls to cancel article 50 until a mandate is won by either Con's or Labour, any sudden moves now one way or another and the electorate will go beserk.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Holy s***, watch from 4 minutes if you want to cut to the chase

Matt Hancock gets annihilated!
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:20 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Holy s***, watch from 4 minutes if you want to cut to the chase

Matt Hancock gets annihilated!

Andrew Neil doesn't f**k about

He's one of the few journalists who'll just go straight in with a baseball bat. He's so used to interviewing politicians he knows exactly how to handle them.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:27 pm

He is representing the competency of the absolute fk wits we have in Government.

That sort of BS answer / non answer is what we've been getting for 2 fkin years now, its getting stupid.

I'll answer it for you .........

There is obviously no Plan B

The deal no matter what the EU say will NEVER get through parliament.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:So cancel Article 50 or crash out of the EU on March 29 without a deal. Those are the two realistic options now?

No, at this stage they'll ask for an extension after the blood letting is complete in two weeks time and then the EU will likely grant it but at a fee, either that or they'll gamble on us cancelling it but that could bite them badly if it goes wrong.

Not many leaders will have the balls to cancel article 50 until a mandate is won by either Con's or Labour, any sudden moves now one way or another and the electorate will go beserk.

You keep saying this, but the EU has already said they will only extend the exit deadline for extraordinary reasons. I still think we go out of the EU with no deal by default. Eveyone, from every side, be it the heads of state to the members of the house are too pig headed.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:41 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You keep saying this, but the EU has already said they will only extend the exit deadline for extraordinary reasons. I still think we go out of the EU with no deal by default. Eveyone, from every side, be it the heads of state to the members of the house are too pig headed.

After reading a summary of the situation, I agree.

There's no reason for the EU to extend the deadline if there isn't a GE or a second referendum (I don't think the VoNC will pass anyway, so no GE, and May's too stubborn with her deal to change it or call for a 2nd ref). The UK has had two years, if they couldn't come up with a passable deal by now, six more months or however long isn't going to change anything with the current gov't. The EU holds all the cards, and they've always held all the cards.

I think the UK will end up leaving with no deal on March 29, unless Parliament wants to revoke Article 50 during the eleventh hour (but it may be political suicide for the Tories) or call for a second referendum.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:29 am

It all seems like the day after their night before this morning.....everyone talking about the confidence vote which should keep TM in power....but NO ONE having any idea what happens next!

Jeez!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:07 am

She'll win it, and carry on.

Her next move, as she says, will be a cross party consultation to try to gather input as to what sort of brexit deal might get approved by the House. My guess is she'll have no joy, and even if by some miracle she does get a consensus, she then has to take that to the EU.

She's flogging a dead horse.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am

Phil71 wrote:She'll win it, and carry on.

Her next move, as she says, will be a cross party consultation to try to gather input as to what sort of brexit deal might get approved by the House. My guess is she'll have no joy, and even if by some miracle she does get a consensus, she then has to take that to the EU.

she then has to take that to the EU who have made it abundtly clear they will not renegotiate*.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:02 am

Luzh 22 wrote:

she then has to take that to the EU who have made it abundtly clear they will not renegotiate*.

Well yeah. Exactly.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am

Phil71 wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Well yeah. Exactly.

hahaha.....or actually :crybaby:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate