British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:54 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

https://votepowernotpoverty.uk/

I'm 100% behind this.
Rather than 'not saving the environment' to lower bills we should nationalise energy providers. The whole point of privatisation is that competition brings prices down. Well thst isn't happening. It is a natural monopoly. We have one gas pipe, one electric cable and one water pipe coming in to our houses. Even now the energy companies are making massive profits. Those profits could be used to refuce bills or even to reinvest in public services.

Nationalize any industry and you by definition eliminate any competion while managing to decrease service quality and reliability. Energy is a global commodity and as such any price controls are meaningless given the difference in actual price and the subsidized one is paid by tax payers in the end. Same with artificially funding "green" energy. Until the markets refelct the true value and costs we simply dig bigger holes to climb out of. The only proven and sane way to lower costs is to produce more of something given the demand is not going to be lowered ...and get rid of European taxation rates on oil.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:17 am

Every time Farage talks shit the same people fall for it (not aimed at anyone on here, talking generally). Find something daily mail readers hate, make that the problem and a large section of the country will join in.

Prediction - Within the next two years there will be a well supported "anti-save the planet" protest.

This is madness, but as always with Farage the same idiots will follow.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:45 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:Every time Farage talks shit the same people fall for it (not aimed at anyone on here, talking generally). Find something daily mail readers hate, make that the problem and a large section of the country will join in.

Prediction - Within the next two years there will be a well supported "anti-save the planet" protest.

Farage talks a lot more sense that other politicians and he's usually right. Here, he is right that this drive for "green" energy is driving up the factual costs of energy. Green energy is something that is "nice to have", not something we really need when people struggle to pay heating bills due to rising costs. All because of an artificial barrier of the green agenda stopping us using what we can and have available.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:21 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:Every time Farage talks shit the same people fall for it (not aimed at anyone on here, talking generally). Find something daily mail readers hate, make that the problem and a large section of the country will join in.

Farage talks a lot more sense that other politicians and he's usually right. Here, he is right that this drive for "green" energy is driving up the factual costs of energy. Green energy is something that is "nice to have", not something we really need when people struggle to pay heating bills due to rising costs. All because of an artificial barrier of the green agenda stopping us using what we can and have available.

Exactly right.

And it's not just the Conservative Gov't that are forcing this on us. It's the whole political establishment.

It's all very well having green policies but when it means ordinary people paying for it to a degree whereby it's crippling their finances that's not right. Not fair.

And as for the remark about people falling for Nigel Farage - I've been talking about this issue on here for a long time.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:25 am

:rolleyes:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:43 am

Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:09 pm

Goonerred wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/john-bercow-former-speaker-banned-from-parliament-for-life-after-bullying-inquiry-finds-him-guilty-12560483

Another sick joke that has Xi and Putin laughing their asses off. A bully in politics! How dare we!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:00 pm

You're shooting the messenger whilst ignoring the message - we live in a trading world we have done since cavemen first bartered - thus supply and demand will always determine 'value' of any product. This is especially relevant with staples like food, water, fuel. Every time a government thinks it can overturn this principle - for whatever reason and by whatever method - they almost always fail, and fail very badly.

Falsely inflating the 'value' of fuel based on the environment, regime change, or anything else is doomed to failure. The only way to reduce the use of fossil fuels is to provide an alternative at a LOWER value, until you focus on that you're likely f***ked.

Farage is a t**t, but like his hero an even bigger t**t Trump, he's not always wrong - ignore the messenger and consider the message.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerred » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:27 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Goonerred wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/john-bercow-former-speaker-banned-from-parliament-for-life-after-bullying-inquiry-finds-him-guilty-12560483

Another sick joke that has Xi and Putin laughing their asses off. A bully in politics! How dare we!

What has this got to do with Xi or Putin?
Goonerred

Postby Goonerred » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:37 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

What has this got to do with Xi or Putin?
Goonerred

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:47 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

https://votepowernotpoverty.uk/

I'm 100% behind this.
Rather than 'not saving the environment' to lower bills we should nationalise energy providers. The whole point of privatisation is that competition brings prices down. Well thst isn't happening. It is a natural monopoly. We have one gas pipe, one electric cable and one water pipe coming in to our houses. Even now the energy companies are making massive profits. Those profits could be used to refuce bills or even to reinvest in public services.

The CBI put an estimate of almost £200bn on that in 2019.

Where would that money come from?
https://www.energylivenews.com/2022/02/24/british-gas-profits-soared-by-44-in-2021/

I'd start there and then head to the Cayman Islands...
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:03 pm

Yeah but to be honest, what I would want to hear is what is he saying that's actually incorrect?

All you've done above is more like character assassination which smacks of agenda, kind of like asking a Democrat what they think of Trump.

I on the other hand don't play popular politics, I want to hear real arguments, if he's talking bollocks I want to know what part of what he is saying is inaccurate.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah but to be honest, what I would want to hear is what is he saying that's actually incorrect?

All you've done above is more like character assassination which smacks of agenda, kind of like asking a Democrat what they think of Trump.

I on the other hand don't play popular politics, I want to hear real arguments, if he's talking bollocks I want to know what part of what he is saying is inaccurate.

At some point one would think people would pay more attention to policy rather than likeability. There is f**k all debate about policy.

The irony of the left wing going on about morality and such in politicians but it was just a few short years ago they were shouting slogans about the "religious right" , "stay out of my bedroom" and "its my body and I'll do what I want to". All valid points until the zealotry of the left starts in. But yes, there are seldom any rational arguements presented so insults suffice.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerred » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:43 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/extinction-r ... s-12561576
'The group has also warned that following the blockades, it would "flood" London with people to create their largest number of roadblocks and cause "maximum disruption". '

Has anyone informed these bone-headed idiots that there is a very delicate situation going on in the East and that a nuclear bomb outtrumps them!!!!!
Goonerred

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Nothing wrong with Farage, he is almost always right and people that reject his views always fail to show me why they are right and he is wrong. Farage is a disruptor .. the establishment hate that.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate