British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:45 pm

The biggest market for these vehicles is now China. Makes sense for Nissan to switch production to Japan.

Nothing at all to do with Brexit.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:BBC NEWS

Nissan has confirmed that the new X-Trail originally planned for its Sunderland plant will instead be made in Japan.

In a letter to workers, it says continued Brexit uncertainty is not helping firms to "plan for the future".

In 2016 the carmaker said it would build the new car in the UK after "assurances" from the government.

Nissan has made cars at Sunderland since 1986 and employs almost 7,000 people.

PROJECT FEAR

Pathetic.

........... and you wonder why people ignore Remainer's about "Project Fear".

Not only the Guardian, now everyone is reporting it from both sides.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... e-election

Nissan leaving had fk all to do with Brexit, fake news.

Talk about boy who cried wolf .......... its actually this sort of BS story that caused Brexit, people are no insensitive to any "warnings" because we've seen this sh*t so many times.

Yes Project Fear indeed, this is what happens when you lead with Agenda first and facts second.

Nissan using people like you to cover up for the fact that they are about to pull a thousand or so jobs, instead of fessing up to the truth about emissions they used people like you to blame it on Brexit instead.

............... and you fell for it, hook, line and sinker because you wanted it to be true.

I think I've covered all that actually

Read the thread would you
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Own up.

Because I've just gone back through the thread and you haven't once back tracked on your bold inaccurate announcement, the closest you got was admitting "There's more to the story" other than that there's a litany of "It is because of Brexit" rah rah and if you want me to start quoting I will.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Own up.

Because I've just gone back through the thread and you haven't once back tracked on your bold inaccurate announcement, the closest you got was admitting "There's more to the story" other than that there's a litany of "It is because of Brexit" rah rah and if you want me to start quoting I will.

Go ahead, I've said everything accurately. But make sure you quote me in context and not with points cut in half, because I'm frankly sick of your shit. I can't take you seriously because last week your opinion was different, next week it'll be different. According to you everything is the reason people voted for brexit

The convo has moved on to consequence of not having a voice. That's the other part of the story. That's why it's relevant
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm

UFGN wrote:

Go ahead, I've said everything accurately. But make sure you quote me in context and not with points cut in half, because I'm frankly sick of your shit. I can't take you seriously because last week your opinion was different, next week it'll be different. According to you everything is the reason people voted for brexit

The convo has moved on to consequence of not having a voice. That's the other part of the story. That's why it's relevant

You "announced" literally, that Nissan was leaving because of Brexit, that is not saying things accurately.

Don't get frustrated because you put yourself under the spotlight and its not my problem if your annoyed that I'm open minded to whatever's the best opportunity.
I said this to you months ago I'm not in this for ideology, I'm in this or more accurately "observing" this for democracy and what's best for the country.
As for what camp am I in, well I'll tell you that when we have a Brexit plan I can actually review because right now I have diddly squat, why am I going to back something when I don't even know what it is being offered .......... I know you find that annoying because you want to be able to rant at me like a Brexit voter but tough.

As for the "voice" bit sounds like you made a mistake and are now trying to move the narrative onto something else.

Yes we had somewhat of a voice, a voice that was fully ignored when Cameron wanted a concession as I mentioned which caused further disillusionment.
To try and indicate we could of stopped the EU's emission move and saved Nissan from upping sticks is a jump way too far to even begin to be credible.

The bottom line is Brexit or no Brexit .......... this was going to happen.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

You "announced" literally, that Nissan was leaving because of Brexit, that is not saying things accurately.

Don't get frustrated because you put yourself under the spotlight and its not my problem if your annoyed that I'm open minded to whatever's the best opportunity.
I said this to you months ago I'm not in this for ideology, I'm in this or more accurately "observing" this for democracy and what's best for the country.
As for what camp am I in, well I'll tell you that when we have a Brexit plan I can actually review because right now I have diddly squat, why am I going to back something when I don't even know what it is being offered .......... I know you find that annoying because you want to be able to rant at me like a Brexit voter but tough.

As for the "voice" bit sounds like you made a mistake and are now trying to move the narrative onto something else.

Yes we had somewhat of a voice, a voice that was fully ignored when Cameron wanted a concession as I mentioned which caused further disillusionment.
To try and indicate we could of stopped the EU's emission move and saved Nissan from upping sticks is a jump way too far to even begin to be credible.

The bottom line is Brexit or no Brexit .......... this was going to happen.

My initial point was about Nissan withdrawing jobs which they have blamed at least partly on concerns over a no deal brexit, which would f**k their supply chain. This Nissan story is particularly notable because these exact same jobs were the ones brexiteers were having a circle jerk over just a few months ago. Now they're not happening.

The emissions part..... EK and yourself both blame the EU for this which is fine and might be an accurate assessment. However that somewhat flies in the face of the assertion that the French and Germans monopolise EU decision making.... they have bigger car industries than us so go figure. In any case you haven't explained how us leaving the EU will improve that situation

On the contrary it highlights a massive issue.... instead of being a voice within Europe we will be dictated to by it on dozens of issues

UFGN

Postby Pudpop » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Pudpop wrote:The only data I can find on quarterly GDP growth has the UK at 0.6% for Q3 2018 while the EU is at 0.4%
You know you actually have to back up your claims right?

Sure that's why I use accurate sourced data .... 4th quarter EU data has now now added, but for the comparison purpose the EU growth in Q3 was 1.8%

The European Union economy grew 1.5 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2018, following a 1.8 percent expansion in the previous period, a preliminary estimate showed. GDP Annual Growth Rate in European Union averaged 1.79 percent from 1996 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 4.50 percent in the second quarter of 2000 and a record low of -5.40 percent in the first quarter of 2009.

https://tradingeconomics.com/european-union/gdp-annual-growth-rate

here's the UK's

According to new ONS statistics published this morning, the UK economy expanded by 0.6 per cent in the third quarter (three months to September)

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp

I'm so confused lol

Did you even read what you posted?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:53 am

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 am

I think this will go right to the wire.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Brexit.... helping illegal immigrants, drugs and weapons get into the country

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 am

Seven Labour MPs quit the Party in protest at Corbyn's leadership.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47278902
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pudpop » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:41 am

lol

I do feel for you Brits. Who the f**k do you vote for? None of the parties are even parties at this point.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:44 am

UFGN wrote:

Project Fear.

Brexit hasn't happened, if / when it does it'll be Britain who would be at fault if that were the case, they'll be in charge of customs.

Its these sorts of stories that makes Remain not credible.

Everyday its "Brexit will cause this, Brexit will cause that", crappy journalism.

I'm not even necessarily for Leave but even I get tired of seeing these sorts of sensationalist headlines on a daily basis.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Project Fear.

Brexit hasn't happened, if / when it does it'll be Britain who would be at fault if that were the case, they'll be in charge of customs.

Its these sorts of stories that makes Remain not credible.

Everyday its "Brexit will cause this, Brexit will cause that", crappy journalism.

I'm not even necessarily for Leave but even I get tired of seeing these sorts of sensationalist headlines on a daily basis.

Oh so today remain isn't credible

Nice to see what your opinion is this morning

Considering security yadayada was Leave's main thing I think this is significant. Crappy journalism has also been Leave's main thing

Without their right wing media attack dogs they'd have lost easily.

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Good to see someone with balls in the Labour party ... now we will watch the Corbyn attack dogs, momentum, try and rip these MP's apart ... instead they will just explode the Labour party ... about time the real centre left found their voice.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate