British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Kids used by the police to spy on gangs and terrorists

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44905536

f**k me, this government is disgusting on civil rights. How is a f***ing child supposed to decide whether or not they're willing to take that kind of risk? Can't buy a beer or give consent etc but can spy on dangerous criminals for the police? Jesus wept

Get May out NOW
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:52 am

UFGN wrote:Kids used by the police to spy on gangs and terrorists

f**k me, this government is disgusting on civil rights. How is a f***ing child supposed to decide whether or not they're willing to take that kind of risk? Can't buy a beer or give consent etc but can spy on dangerous criminals for the police? Jesus wept

Get May out NOW

You do realize this policy was first established under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 - a bill brought in by Tony Blair's Labour government ??????

But hey .... shout loud enough and the facts won't matter .... UFGN is that your plan?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:45 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:Kids used by the police to spy on gangs and terrorists

Get May out NOW

You do realize this policy was first established under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 - a bill brought in by Tony Blair's Labour government ??????

But hey .... shout loud enough and the facts won't matter .... UFGN is that your plan?

That act was a bad peice of business and has now been largely replaced, and much of what replaced it is just as shit. This move would quadruple the time a child can be used by the police

I'm talking about the here and now.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Population of London is far too high (8.8 million) because of bloody immigrants

We should go back to the good old days in the 30s when it was almost exactly the same (8.5 million)

UFGN

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:00 am

UFGN wrote:Population of London is far too high (8.8 million) because of bloody immigrants

We should go back to the good old days in the 30s when it was almost exactly the same (8.5 million)

Is it accurate though I mean I didn't follow Grenfell closely for example but I get the impression they don't have a f***ing clue if it was 80 dead or 600 dead
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:43 am

UFGN wrote:Population of London is far too high (8.8 million) because of bloody immigrants

The 'foolishness' of posting headline numbers with no understanding of what's behind them ...... 'almost exactly the same' :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

In almost every way the London population is radically different from the smoky, industrial, low rise, overwhelmingly white place of 1939.

Perhaps the biggest change is in where its population comes from and what it looks like. In 1939 only 2.65 per cent of residents came from abroad, mostly from Ireland.

Now the figure is 37 per cent and only a minority of residents are officially classified as “white British”.

Today’s population is also living far longer, largely thanks to the NHS, cleaner air and better diets. In 1939 the average lifespan in the capital was 62, but a London baby born today can expect to live 20 years longer.

Many of London’s children were finishing their education at the then school leaving age of 14 with only one in 50 went on to university — almost exclusively men. Today the figure going to university is 43 per cent.

In 1939 London was still a huge industrial centre and one in three adults went to work in factories, while professional jobs were rare outside the banks and stockbroking firms of the City.

Now 90 per cent of the manufacturing jobs have gone, replaced by new roles in the service sectors, including a quarter of a million jobs in hotels and restaurants. Roughly the same again work in IT, while around 300,000 make their living in the financial services hubs of the City and Canary Wharf.

So yeah .... 'almost exactly the same' ..... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Bit like saying Old Meadonians are 'almost exactly the same' as 'The Arsenal' because since 1930's they've both had 11 players on the pitch ....
Last edited by EliteKiller on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 am

Marsbar100 wrote:

Is it accurate though I mean I didn't follow Grenfell closely for example but I get the impression they don't have a f***ing clue if it was 80 dead or 600 dead

A lot of frankly racist hyperbole from the RW press about illegal immigrants in Grenfell. There might have been a few, who knows.... if they're going to be somewhere it's probably a horrible high rise block. But the main reason they didn't know for sure how many is that sadly the bodies were badly damaged and they didn't know who was away from home that day, if anyone had guests staying etc

Also people had sheltered from the smoke in other people's flats.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:07 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

The 'foolishness' of posting headline numbers with no understanding of what's behind them ...... 'almost exactly the same' :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

In almost every way the London population is radically different from the smoky, industrial, low rise, overwhelmingly white place of 1939.

Perhaps the biggest change is in where its population comes from and what it looks like. In 1939 only 2.65 per cent of residents came from abroad, mostly from Ireland.

Now the figure is 37 per cent and only a minority of residents are officially classified as “white British”.

Today’s population is also living far longer, largely thanks to the NHS, cleaner air and better diets. In 1939 the average lifespan in the capital was 62, but a London baby born today can expect to live 20 years longer.

Many of London’s children were finishing their education at the then school leaving age of 14 with only one in 50 went on to university — almost exclusively men. Today the figure going to university is 43 per cent.

In 1939 London was still a huge industrial centre and one in three adults went to work in factories, while professional jobs were rare outside the banks and stockbroking firms of the City.

Now 90 per cent of the manufacturing jobs have gone, replaced by new roles in the service sectors, including a quarter of a million jobs in hotels and restaurants. Roughly the same again work in IT, while around 300,000 make their living in the financial services hubs of the City and Canary Wharf.

So yeah .... 'almost exactly the same' ..... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Bit like saying Old Meadonians are 'almost exactly the same' as 'The Arsenal' because since 1930's they've both had 11 players on the pitch ....

What I find funny is you think I don't have a grasp of GCSE level geography

It was a comment on the ignorant "Good old days ism" trumpeted by f***ing morons online and irl

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 pm

UFGN wrote:A lot of frankly racist hyperbole from the RW press about illegal immigrants in Grenfell. There might have been a few, who knows.... if they're going to be somewhere it's probably a horrible high rise block. But the main reason they didn't know for sure how many is that sadly the bodies were badly damaged and they didn't know who was away from home that day, if anyone had guests staying etc

Also people had sheltered from the smoke in other people's flats.

Big leap even for you UFGN - racist hyperbole from the RW press

This is information from Justice for Grenfell ..... that's hardly a RW organisation .....

An exact figure is unknown but it is a 24-storey tower block and there are thought to be around 24 people per floor.

This would leave the total at around 600 (576) although authorities have no idea how many people were in their homes during the fire.

"It’s a question of establishing how many people were in there at the time of the fire"

The occupancy rate, as in many low cost housing developments, would be a mixture of legal and illegal tenants ... due to the very status of 'illegal immigrants' estimates vary, however we have now established that similar developments have anywhere for 40% - 60% illegals

We would therefore estimate some 300 occupants were likely illegal

So the reason 'they don't know who was in the building ' is not because 'there might have been a few' but because it's likely 50% of those in Grenfell Tower were in all probabliity 'illegals' ...

That's a reality not a chance to score political points .... the fire was a tragedy not a RW conspiracy ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Don't come it with me about scoring political points. The Right wing media have been f***ing vile re Grenfell. If you can't accept that then there's no hope for you.

There's something very wrong about those figures. They don't add up at all. There's a lack of common sense in presuming that because someone is an illegal immigrant that they're necessarily underground. For example there are so many different statuses that an immigrant, both legal or illegal can have

I've lived in London council accommodation for most of my life and I don't recognise those figures whatsoever

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 pm

UFGN wrote:Don't come it with me about scoring political points. The Right wing media have been f***ing vile re Grenfell. If you can't accept that then there's no hope for you.

There's something very wrong about those figures. They don't add up at all. There's a lack of common sense in presuming that because someone is an illegal immigrant that they're necessarily underground. For example there are so many different statuses that an immigrant, both legal or illegal can have

I've lived in London council accommodation for most of my life and I don't recognise those figures whatsoever

I told you who provided that information ... so if it's wrong challenge them ... they are a left wing group supported by JC and Momentum so that should be a reliable source for you ....

I also lived in rented London accommodation for years, even a Surbiton tower block for a while, the place I stayed at on the Railton Road had eight two bedroom flats, there were supposed to be a maximum thirty-two tenants .... we had five in our flat and that was considered luxury, No. 3a had 6 adults and 6 children, and the rest were all sardines as well .... I reckon some nights there were 60 plus people staying there .... and that was by no means an exception, when you're paying landlord rents you need loads of tenants just to afford it .... even in 'low-cost' housing when you're on minimum wage or social you still need to pack your flat with as many bodies as you can ....

What vile RW press rhetoric? every paper without exception got behind the victims ... show me a headline that says any different ... I might have missed the odd editorial, but in my recollection at least 90% were in support of the victims .... the council and the management got slammed ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:22 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:Don't come it with me about scoring political points. The Right wing media have been f***ing vile re Grenfell. If you can't accept that then there's no hope for you.

I told you who provided that information ... so if it's wrong challenge them ... they are a left wing group supported by JC and Momentum so that should be a reliable source for you ....

I also lived in rented London accommodation for years, even a Surbiton tower block for a while, the place I stayed at on the Railton Road had eight two bedroom flats, there were supposed to be a maximum thirty-two tenants .... we had five in our flat and that was considered luxury, No. 3a had 6 adults and 6 children, and the rest were all sardines as well .... I reckon some nights there were 60 plus people staying there .... and that was by no means an exception, when you're paying landlord rents you need loads of tenants just to afford it .... even in 'low-cost' housing when you're on minimum wage or social you still need to pack your flat with as many bodies as you can ....

What vile RW press rhetoric? every paper without exception got behind the victims ... show me a headline that says any different ... I might have missed the odd editorial, but in my recollection at least 90% were in support of the victims .... the council and the management got slammed ....

You're not providing examples of illegal immigration, only overcrowding. That is absolutely true that places in London are overcrowded. You're questioning the amount of people who live in London on that basis? Well I think you'll find (l know you'll find) that the census accurately records that and it's taken into account

In the 30s which was my era for comparison, do you reckon overcrowding was any less? No. And probably in exactly the same areas as now.

The press; if you don't want to see it, you won't see it. At every opportunity the residents are labelled as feckless, criminals, "lefties", chancers.

Off the top of my head five people had been put up in a hotel who were nearly killed in the fire but were not residents. Five! The waste of public money apparently warranted a whole article.

A few scumbags got found out to be lying about being there. Every opportunity to report on those incidents, a whole article each time.

Fake neutrality in reporting that some survivors had been placed in luxury apartments..... the thinly veiled intention to create a hate fest in the comment section for their thick readership.

(All of the above..... you guessed it, the Daily Mail)

Then you have the Daily Express. My word.

And for extra special false flag sympathy, breitbart.

The agenda is clear and it is menacing. The residents are trouble makers, ungrateful and foreign. They don't matter. They've been treated better than they deserve and we're going to keep chipping away at their character so that there's no sympathy left.

Why? Well firstly, polotics of envy etc

And secondly is more sinister. The enquiries have barely really begun and what matters most is to undermine sympathy to stop awkward questions and bury negative findings

I refer you to Hillsborough and to the Marchioness disaster

It's happening again right in front of your eyes

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Sorry UFGN you've just become a conspiracy theorist gone mad .... so you're saying that the press accurately reported cases of fraud, false representation, and theft on vile scumbags who posed as Grenfell victims is bad? ... are you suggesting they shouldn't have done this? every paper and media outlet covered these scumbags not just the Daily Fail ....

The Grenfell inquiry is being run by an independent Sir Martin Moore-Bick ... who, after JC raised concerns about the 'narrow' terms of reference, recently further extended both the terms of reference and the consultation period to 4 August ... that's hardly a conspiracy ...

What the feck have Hillsborough and Marchioness got to do with anything? a cover up of the miss-management of football fans, poor lookouts causing a boat collision on the Thames, and now a fire in a high rise block of flats ......

are you saying these are all part of some grand secret conspiracy? by who? to what end?

Please explain the point you are trying to make .......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Sorry UFGN you've just become a conspiracy theorist gone mad .... so you're saying that the press accurately reported cases of fraud, false representation, and theft on vile scumbags who posed as Grenfell victims is bad? ... are you suggesting they shouldn't have done this? every paper and media outlet covered these scumbags not just the Daily Fail ....

The Grenfell inquiry is being run by an independent Sir Martin Moore-Bick ... who, after JC raised concerns about the 'narrow' terms of reference, recently further extended both the terms of reference and the consultation period to 4 August ... that's hardly a conspiracy ...

What the feck have Hillsborough and Marchioness got to do with anything? a cover up of the miss-management of football fans, poor lookouts causing a boat collision on the Thames, and now a fire in a high rise block of flats ......

are you saying these are all part of some grand secret conspiracy? by who? to what end?

Please explain the point you are trying to make .......

I'm finding this exhausting to be honest. I think I've covered all bases in my previous post. Just why do you think the Grenfell inquiry has been so mistrusted? Can you seriously not see the parallels between the press reporting and reports from around the time of Hillsborough?

I fear yet another 30 year fight for truth is unfolding. Open your eyes ffs

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 am

UFGN wrote:I'm finding this exhausting to be honest. I think I've covered all bases in my previous post. Just why do you think the Grenfell inquiry has been so mistrusted? Can you seriously not see the parallels between the press reporting and reports from around the time of Hillsborough?

I fear yet another 30 year fight for truth is unfolding. Open your eyes ffs

So just rank speculation on your part ....

Who mistrusts the Grenfell inquiry? - it's been extended so that everybody has been allowed to give evidence, that evidence will be considered ... that's how inquiries work ...

What parallels? - The Sun blamed Liverpool fans - did any Media blame the Grenfell residents?

You are 'exhausted' because all you have is your own politicized opinion, with nothing concrete to back that up .....

The Grenfell Inquiry might prove unsatisfactory .... but let's be honest it's not that hard ....

Unsafe cladding was used on a multi-story building, this allowed a minor fire to become a major tragedy .... all an Inquiry has to do is look at how and who allowed this to happen .... pretty sure they can manage that .... any future criminal or civil action will be down to the PPS ....

You won't be happy unless it's blamed 100% on May / Tories / Council we get that .... but like all of us you'll just have to wait and see ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate