British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Our sales to the EU are £133 Billion

To the US £45B

For comparison Australia's sales to the EU are approx €15B

DG's favourate logic: we're getting a trade deal with the US and anyway, Australia aren't in the EU

That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying if the rest of the world operate outside of the EU then why is it impossible for Britain? you Remainer's act like there is the EU and that's it when a 3/4 of the world operates outside of it, how is that not fair comment?

Also don't put words in my mouth, I would rather trade with the EU than the US, American Govt / businesses are a bunch of greedy a** sharks, they'll screw us over in every deal, its the rest of the world where we'll get a fair deal.

It's not impossible

It is undesirable. We had a zero tariff, zero trade relationship with our biggest customer and our biggest supplier. We won't any more.

Horrific own goal.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:56 pm

If we no deal, we'd be joining Mauritania as the only other country currently covered under WTO rules only. Their GDP is 0.2% of ours.

No deal is Britain destroyed as a global financial powerhouse for generations. At least it'll clear out the migrant workers tbf, they'll follow the money which will make the little Englanders happy until they're wondering why they've got a handful of trainee nurses taking of their loved ones.

Only problem being that our growth will reverse and a lot of small, medium and large businesses will collapse as demand and skilled workforce evaporates and hastle free trade is replaced with massive red tape and regulation and long winded negotiations with countries that know we are super vulnerable and will take any deal.

Christ, a massive reason why we have such a huge GDP for such a physically small country is because we've placed ourselves as the key financial cog to the EU. They'll eventually transfer clearing and most other major financial activities back to the EU and the economic financiers will follow.

The weirdest part to me is how the working class brexiteers think that the government will actually look after them when we no deal. They'll protect the city as much as they can first and cut funding to non metropolitan areas swiftly.

Most people really don't realise just how deeply the EU benefits them and their community / city / country.

Even the simpletons complaining about the EU army can't explain why they want to give up a veto that keeps the EU army at bay if we want.

Ffs, we leave, one less veto for an EU army, especially now that trump has gone full Russian and wants to pull troops / american influence globally because hed rather redirect military funds to his own boarders.

A few less staging / resupply areas in Europe for America, less danger for Putin when he wants to make crimea like moves, apparently everybody wins.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Zedie wrote:If we no deal, we'd be joining Mauritania as the only other country currently covered under WTO rules only. Their GDP is 0.2% of ours.

No deal is Britain destroyed as a global financial powerhouse for generations. At least it'll clear out the migrant workers tbf, they'll follow the money which will make the little Englanders happy until they're wondering why they've got a handful of trainee nurses taking of their loved ones.

Only problem being that our growth will reverse and a lot of small, medium and large businesses will collapse as demand and skilled workforce evaporates and hastle free trade is replaced with massive red tape and regulation and long winded negotiations with countries that know we are super vulnerable and will take any deal.

Christ, a massive reason why we have such a huge GDP for such a physically small country is because we've placed ourselves as the key financial cog to the EU. They'll eventually transfer clearing and most other major financial activities back to the EU and the economic financiers will follow.

The weirdest part to me is how the working class brexiteers think that the government will actually look after them when we no deal. They'll protect the city as much as they can first and cut funding to non metropolitan areas swiftly.

Most people really don't realise just how deeply the EU benefits them and their community / city / country.

Even the simpletons complaining about the EU army can't explain why they want to give up a veto that keeps the EU army at bay if we want.

Ffs, we leave, one less veto for an EU army, especially now that trump has gone full Russian and wants to pull troops / american influence globally because hed rather redirect military funds to his own boarders.

A few less staging / resupply areas in Europe for America, less danger for Putin when he wants to make crimea like moves, apparently everybody wins.

Well Zedie you can at least agree with me on this then, we're doing better questions and answers than either side did during the Referendum.

I'll tell you why, both sides fought a battle of Right wing vs Left wing ......... big mistake.

You'll never win over a "I hate those effin foreigners" not with common sense, not with logic, nothing. the Remain spent the whole fkin campaign scaremongering without facts and or just shouting racist at the Right.

Again and I've repeated this many times, the battle is won not on the Left and Right (because they're not budging) its won in the middle, people like me who'll listen to "facts" not scaremongering or the war between Left and Right but actual facts, the middle are the people that "listen" then make up their minds.

And I can tell you this, I didn't vote because even though I liked the idea of a strong independent Britain where we make our laws here, my first priority as are most Centre ground voters is ....... "How does this effect me and the economy of this country".

The fact that we're discussing these options now shows the failure of how it was explained, the fact that I didn't even vote shows it even more.

Its just a fkin mess now and fk em, they can deal with it, nothing we can do unless the public are given a final vote.

But one thing I'll say for certain is that Theresa May has betrayed this country in fact I'll say the Conservative party as a whole has betrayed this country.
Why ........ because if your going to give us a Soft Brexit slave deal why the fk did you give the people a vote in the first place?? we're practically in the EU but have lost all our membership rights.
This is why I'm saying that if its going to be Brexit it needed to be a clean break like what Mogg and those Con's are saying they want, that's Brexit and if they fail then its on their head.

What the Con remainers are trying to do now is give us a worse deal than what we had so what was the point of the vote?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:17 am

DG you don't listen to facts.

You didn't understand basics of how the EU's courts work until it was explained to you on Goonersworld

You didn't know that the PM you supported was the architect of the Snoopers Charter until it was explained to you on Goonersworld. You then scoffed and said you were far too busy "having a life" to be knowlagable about such things even though it had been headline news for two years

You didn't know that the UK government has unelected ministers

Over and over again concerns have been raised about trade with Europe, the City and Northern Ireland

You didn't listen

Now you say it's a mess. Us supporting remain predicted that as well.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:51 am

Its a mess because those in the Conservative party who want a full Brexit won't take the reigns.

They are standing by trying to persuade a Remainer to deliver a full Brexit, Ian Duncan Smith and others have spelled out numerous reasons why we don't need to go cap in hand to the EU and that it should be them wanting, needing to give us a deal ......... but May doesn't want to play that hand because she is a traitor shill.

Britain owns the Atlantic fly zones, Britain buys from the EU far more than it sells, it is therefore not in the interest of the German car giants and other EU businesses to have a trade system where tariffs are introduced pricing their goods out of competition.

There are numerous other leverages we as a nation have if you care to look for them (which you don't) but May like you practically denies that these leverages exist, Britain is not the meek kitten of a country you think we are yet Remainer's are attempting to declaw our nation just to prove a false point.

You're as much of a traitor to this nation in that respect as Theresa May because you deliberately want Britain's hands tied so you can have some semblance of Remain.

This is why I called for someone like Mogg to stand, they are the only ones who'll deliver Brexit as its supposed to be done and give this nation half a chance.

The facts are Remainer's (David Cameron) gave us this referendum and in no way shape or form were prepared to see it through and deliver it, leaving us in a worse position than where we started.

They should be jailed.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 am

Unbelievable

I'm a trailer because brexit supporting numpty fuckwits have screwed us over, and I don't want a peice of filth like Mogg as PM on the off chance that maybe, maybe, maybe he'll deliver a brexit that maybe might work better?

Lol ok whatever m9

The solution was vote remain. I backed my country by voting the way that was best for it.

You're a trailer to this country.

You don't inform yourself on basic issues

You don't vote

You back a motion to leave the EU and jeopodise our economy and our future (but still don't bother to vote)

You supported a prime minister who is feckless at most things and dangerous at others, and a wholesale wrecker of civil liberties

You haven't got a clue.

You keep bringing up the trade relationship with the EU and the fact we buy more from them than we sell. Well so what? If it's in their interest and they want to have a free trade deal then we might get one.... maybe.

If they instead want to impose tariffs partly to protect their union and make a point, then we won't get one. It's as simple as that and it matters not one jot if you or anyone else thinks they are being reasonable or logical.

Either way, it's in their hands.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 am

UFGN wrote:Unbelievable

I'm a trailer because brexit supporting numpty fuckwits have screwed us over, and I don't want a peice of filth like Mogg as PM on the off chance that maybe, maybe, maybe he'll deliver a brexit that maybe might work better?

Lol ok whatever m9

The solution was vote remain. I backed my country by voting the way that was best for it.

You're a trailer to this country.

You don't inform yourself on basic issues

You don't vote

You back a motion to leave the EU and jeopodise our economy and our future (but still don't bother to vote)

You supported a prime minister who is feckless at most things and dangerous at others, and a wholesale wrecker of civil liberties

You haven't got a clue.

You keep bringing up the trade relationship with the EU and the fact we buy more from them than we sell. Well so what? If it's in their interest and they want to have a free trade deal then we might get one.... maybe.

If they instead want to impose tariffs partly to protect their union and make a point, then we won't get one. It's as simple as that and it matters not one jot if you or anyone else thinks they are being reasonable or logical.

Either way, it's in their hands.

The facts are the vote was cast as "Leave" don't have a go at me saying "You didn't vote" only idiots vote for something when they're not informed to the outcome, would you really rather me have voted in that instance? let me tell you something its that sort of action that caused Leave to win in the first place and now you keep trying to hold that against me? ridiculous, if I'm as ill informed as you say then I had no business voting.

Regarding Remain, yes their behaviour post the vote is horrendous, by trying to wedge us back into the EU (against the result) you've put us in a worst position than we were before the vote, a vote may I remind you that Remainer's put to the country in the first place!!

We're going to Leave, so the Leave camp should be left to use every bit of leverage we have but Remain aren't allowing it to happen, but added I blame Leave just as much because none of those cowards are man enough to take the reigns for their own agenda which is fkin shocking tbf, they've left it to May who won't deliver what they want.

As a Centre ground voter I'm disgusted with both sides.

Its all fair and well you saying "They should of voted Remain" but they didn't ........ Cameron gave them the vote and so its now your duty to allow Leave to go in guns blazing and get the best deal for the country, flip side is Theresa May is a Remainer so this was never going to happen anyway.

Conservatives need to be removed from power quite frankly, the current scenario I've just spelled out is unforgivable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 am

Our we that shit of a counry that we couldn't survive without the EU?

Anyway the whole thing hasn't been done properly has it, so if it does end up as a disaster it doesn't mean it can't work us being out of it
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Our we that shit of a counry that we couldn't survive without the EU?

Despite the referendum result ......... it looks like we'll never find out if Remain get there way.

Funny thing is something is going to break, the situation trudging along is just wasting time, we're heading for either a No deal or a new vote however May is saying no to a new vote and I think despite what Remain want I think the Con's will block it.

So if May can't get a deal passed Parliament and the EU then No deal it is .......... which is probably for the best as its actually Brexit, my issue is that May is not planning for it or using our leverage now to prepare for it.

Her pursuing this Soft Brexit slave deal is a complete waste of time but our shill Prime Minister can't see passed that fact.

I actually think Remain are going to dig themselves into a No deal grave, maybe the Leave Cons aren't as stupid as I thought, pretty smart actually, they'll get what they want via default.
Sometimes when things look tragic you shouldn't underestimate some of their members like IDK and Mogg, despite how much UFGN hates them they are actually very clever people.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:36 am

This anti-semitism scandal could be the catalyst that might tear the Labour Party apart.

I think, as in 1981 when the SDP was formed, many within Labour feel that the party has been hijacked by the far left, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if a great many MPs and members were to leave to form a more centrist Party - and even, as happened back then, join up with the Liberals.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:22 am

Phil71 wrote:This anti-semitism scandal could be the catalyst that might tear the Labour Party apart.

I think, as in 1981 when the SDP was formed, many within Labour feel that the party has been hijacked by the far left, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if a great many MPs and members were to leave to form a more centrist Party - and even, as happened back then, join up with the Liberals.

It certainly makes them unelectable, and with the revival of UKIP due to the Brexit betrayal, they are in trouble. I'd like to see them forma new party but the problem is that no-one has the guts to break away from Comrade Corbyn's party plus the fact is that the electorate are idiots and just vote for the party label they've always voted for; which makes such a move pointless.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:04 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:This anti-semitism scandal could be the catalyst that might tear the Labour Party apart.

It certainly makes them unelectable, and with the revival of UKIP due to the Brexit betrayal, they are in trouble. I'd like to see them forma new party but the problem is that no-one has the guts to break away from Comrade Corbyn's party plus the fact is that the electorate are idiots and just vote for the party label they've always voted for; which makes such a move pointless.

There will be no new parties.

The bankers have invested in Labour and the Conservatives to maintain the status quo, both of those parties are puppets of the banks, they know their role.

If you look at history the biggest disasters for the banks have been parties getting elected from outside their puppets.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:20 pm

I suspected as much, we're heading for a no deal on this trajectory, this is how stupid the EU are, they're ego won't even allow them to accept a slave deal from us.
This is why Leave aren't bothering to push May off the cliff, she won't get anything past Labour and she won't get anything past the EU or even finally her own party.
Should of been making plans for WTO and no deal all along.

In an article published in 20 newspapers, Mr Barnier dismissed the prime minister’s Chequers proposals for trying to “keep free movement of goods between us, but not of people and services”.

And he again ruled out her “facilitated customs arrangement”, under which the UK would leave the customs union, yet collect EU duties while being allowed to set its own tariffs.

“It proposes to apply EU customs rules without being part of the EU's legal order,” Mr Barnier wrote.

“Thus, the UK wants to take back sovereignty and control of its own laws, which we respect, but it cannot ask the EU to lose control of its borders and laws.”
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Ireland a major sticking point just like was always said

But the leave side stuck their fingers in their ears, didn't want to know and still have no answer

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:58 am

UFGN wrote:Ireland a major sticking point just like was always said

But the leave side stuck their fingers in their ears, didn't want to know and still have no answer

It was raised right at the start by the EU and the Tories said park it. It's been an absolute shambles from the very start.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate