British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I don't care what Nigel Farage says he doesn't decide the British political system.

We're also not in the 1950's anymore.

Tbh I know you didn't like the result of the referendum but I find it surprising your so willing to throw the rule book this country is standing on to the way side.

I actually find it quite offensive, as someone who studies history only today's self entitled little c*nts have such disrespect for the importance of a fair and democratic political system.

Millions of people in history have died fighting for the right for the people to have their say in how a state runs.
The struggles the ordinary man and blood they've shed to force Kings into giving them a vote with authority is a history shared among most of Europe and beyond.

For recent times just look at Libya and Egypt etc and they had the help of America waying in, Cromwell etc had to go to war to get Parliament to be sovereign, WWII was to avoid an invasion of a dictator who threw Germany's democracy to the floor also.

People should be careful for what they wish for, how would you feel if the Far Right in this country gained power because they're supporters took the same regard for democracy your showing?

I find the idea that you study history a little hard to stomach. You seem to know so little

My comments regarding our voting system and recent history were a reaction to your inaccurate represention of it to LMAO

I find the behaviour of the Brexit supporters disgusting. They win by 2% then bitch every inch of the way that every scrap of brexit isn't going exactly their way. f**k them. They get brexit but the whole country will have to work it out, not only them. Anyone who has a problem with that can f**k right off.

How f***ing dare you repeatedly hint at riots and far right uprising if Leave don't get their exact wish, while weeping over democracy. You should be ashamed.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:17 pm

UFGN wrote:I find the behaviour of the Brexit supporters disgusting. They win by 2% then bitch every inch of the way that every scrap of brexit isn't going exactly their way. f**k them. They get brexit but the whole country will have to work it out, not only them. Anyone who has a problem with that can f**k right off.

How f***ing dare you repeatedly hint at riots and far right uprising if Leave don't get their exact wish, while weeping over democracy. You should be ashamed.

Guess you are 100% against Antifa and Black Lives Matter both of whom openly support civil disobedience as a way to get their exact wish .... funny but I've not seen you posting much about their shame ...... maybe your sense of shame only applies to those who disagree with you?

But hey if you don't agree with any of that then we can all just f**k right off ... ain't that right?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Anything other than leaving would be wrong, also there was obvious corruption, absolute shocker if deep down ufgn really thinks leave only won by 2%
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:30 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:I find the behaviour of the Brexit supporters disgusting. They win by 2% then bitch every inch of the way that every scrap of brexit isn't going exactly their way. f**k them. They get brexit but the whole country will have to work it out, not only them. Anyone who has a problem with that can f**k right off.

Guess you are 100% against Antifa and Black Lives Matter both of whom openly support civil disobedience as a way to get their exact wish .... funny but I've not seen you posting much about their shame ...... maybe your sense of shame only applies to those who disagree with you?

But hey if you don't agree with any of that then we can all just f**k right off ... ain't that right?

Not sure if serious

I've never seen anyone on here state that an Antifa uprising is on the cards

When that happens, you might have a point. Until then you're talking crap
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Anything other than leaving would be wrong, also there was obvious corruption, absolute shocker if deep down ufgn really thinks leave only won by 2%

Please detail this corruption from non biassed sources

This should be good

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm

UFGN wrote:I find the idea that you study history a little hard to stomach. You seem to know so little

Well you should believe it, I'd bury you, I've studied from the Bronze age all the way through to the late renaissance where my knowledge starts dropping around the late 1600's although I have decent bit of knowledge on WWII also.

UFGN wrote:My comments regarding our voting system and recent history were a reaction to your inaccurate represention of it to LMAO

I find the behaviour of the Brexit supporters disgusting. They win by 2% then bitch every inch of the way that every scrap of brexit isn't going exactly their way. f**k them. They get brexit but the whole country will have to work it out, not only them. Anyone who has a problem with that can f**k right off.

As for your last comment I do dare, because its exactly that sort of scenario I want to see avoided at all costs, the Far Right will be highly mobilized and ranks swollen with dejected Brexiteers if Brexit is not delivered as per the vote, even UKIP is starting to make noise again, Farage threatening to come back, what do you think happens if they feel they've been robbed of a democratic vote ............ they all go away quietly?

Phil71 wrote:The EU will hold out and hold out, and the remainers will hold out and hold out, until the whole thing breaks and we have another referendum.

And I think the UK electorate are so sick of hearing about brexit that they'll voie remain just to get it off the TV.

That is exactly the plan.

May is dancing on the stage regarding getting a deal ......... because any deal agreed won't get through Parliament, the Remainer's want to force No Deal so they can vote it down, then there is no alternative but to sit tight and Remain.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:51 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
LMAO wrote:For the sake of the UK, I hope your government does walk back Brexit. The margin was way too narrow to upend the status quo. And even though your previous government promised to uphold the result of the referendum and delegate to the will of the people, the UK is still a representative democracy, not a direct democracy.

Maybe next time, they'll make a legally binding referendum that requires 3/5 or 2/3 majority to move forward.

3/5 or 2/3 majority to move forward? is that in some fictitious alternate UK we don't know about? referendum in the UK are never 'legally binding' parliament is sovereign so it can do what it wants ...

We operate a Democratic system of first past the post, if we had to get 3/5 or 2/3 then 90% of MP's would never get elected, and almost no legislation would ever get passed ...

Moving the goalposts, changing the question, revisiting the result ....

The vote was Leave or Remain ... had nothing to do with deals, status quo, or party politics ... just do what the people voted for .....

Okay, and? I never said you should need an almost supermajority to elect MPs and for Parliament to pass laws.

"Parliament is sovereign so it can do what it wants," so then why the fuss about them potentially deciding to remain in the EU? Again, the UK is a representative democracy, not a direct democracy. If you don't like the way your MP votes on legislation, then vote them out in the next election for someone who will.

"The vote was Leave or Remain ... had nothing to do with...status quo" Come again?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:For the sake of the UK, I hope your government does walk back Brexit. The margin was way too narrow to upend the status quo. And even though your previous government promised to uphold the result of the referendum and delegate to the will of the people, the UK is still a representative democracy, not a direct democracy.

Maybe next time, they'll make a legally binding referendum that requires 3/5 or 2/3 majority to move forward.

That's not how democracy in this country works.

Majority verdict and that's it.

If it was close the other way it would of been upheld, not upholding the decision is a direct attack on our democratic process and it will have repercussions, 52% of Britain won't trust our political system to deliver on a vote .............. that might get by in America but it won't here, there will be ramifications.

I don't care if someones voted Remain or Leave but if the Gov't upend the vote they've sanctioned, 3x times now by accepting article 50 then no vote held from today will be worth fk all or respecting.
That is what's at stake here, what does a vote result matter if the Gov't can pick and choose which ones it delivers and ones it doesn't.

I predict that when the Gov't screw us over on Brexit i.e if they don't pull us out of the EU, there will be protests and possibly riots and the Conservatives will take a hammering that may last decades.

Again, the UK is a representative democracy, not a direct democracy.

Don't know why you're bringing us up. A lot of people here don't trust our electoral system. Including the 2000 Election, the Democratic candidate has won the popular vote 4/5 times (2000, 2008, 2012, 2016) , yet we've had a Republican elected as president 3/5 times (2000, 2004, 2016). Such is the way of representative democracy and not direct democracy.

Also, protests and riots. Lol yeah good luck with a civil war since it's basically 50-50.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:40 am

So Mrs May will take her begging bowl to the EU tomorrow, and afterwards their eminent dignitaries will retire to a meeting room (without her!), and discuss whether or not to accept the deal, give it more time, or announce that there is no hope, and instruct everyone to prepare for no deal.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Hilarious.

700k on the Remain march, Alastair Campbell saying "Leavers are becoming disillusioned".

Well if some are then that's because Parliament has point blank refused to carry out the referendum result.

May is acting like she is but ultimately what she's doing is giving us a Soft Brexit so unpalatable that no one will vote for it in Parliament and we're left with our current default position.

Honestly I don't care if we Remain or Leave, what annoy's me the most and makes me side with Leave more is the backdooring of the majority.

Is it even fair if we had another Referendum the choices would be Remain or Leave with a Gov't who won't do it properly?

This isn't going to go away, when Remain get or partially get their way Leave are going to want answers and the answer is they've been refuted by the Gov't.

Democracy is on the floor in Britain, the show's curtains have fallen down.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Hilarious.

700k on the Remain march, Alastair Campbell saying "Leavers are becoming disillusioned".

Well if some are then that's because Parliament has point blank refused to carry out the referendum result.

May is acting like she is but ultimately what she's doing is giving us a Soft Brexit so unpalatable that no one will vote for it in Parliament and we're left with our current default position.

Honestly I don't care if we Remain or Leave, what annoy's me the most and makes me side with Leave more is the backdooring of the majority.

Is it even fair if we had another Referendum the choices would be Remain or Leave with a Gov't who won't do it properly?

This isn't going to go away, when Remain get or partially get their way Leave are going to want answers and the answer is they've been refuted by the Gov't.

Hey guess what?

Everyone with a brain said it would be a f***ing nightmare

Turns out they weren't kidding

Turns out just saying "leave means leave" doesn't actually do anything

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Hilarious.

You're more concerned with forcing through a leave vote because the people voted on absolute lies 2 years ago than actually looking at what benefits a leave vote would give us versus the massive pitfalls.

Your leave champions still can't actually string together a coherent case for a positive outcome. They're literally at odds with half the alternatives to the EU in the market place or stepping into a negotiating position with people that are woefully incompetent or down right lacking no morals.

Russia - brokering a deal while were actively sanctioning their oligarchs as they poison British citizens on our f***ing soil and commit acts of war against us on the daily.

America - headed up by a f***ing imbecile, who literally has no scruples and doesn't give a shit about our history together.

A man so indebted to some of the most unsavoury characters in global politics, he'd rather shit on his own people and constitution than go against them.

India - the racists favourite downfall. They're demanding free passage of their citizens into the country as part of any trade deal. That'll go down well with the racists pushing brexit.

Australia / Canada- no real problems there other than the massive geographical distances trading will have to take and the cost that transatlantic shipping for the simplest of items. Who foots that bill? The British public.

China - good luck dealing with China in business. You should read up on what it's actually like doing large scale business with China and their regard to what our standards are. Or what you're actually paying for.

The average leaver who doesn't go on holiday, own a business or work at a place with international commitments probably doesn't give a shit about the above, until they realise just how much it's going to start affecting their pockets for the daily random stuff we import, or why it's taking even longer to see a doctor because chased all the foreign ones out of the country etc.

Vote leave is built on bullshit by self serving arseholes who up until now can't actually put together a coherent plan with anything based on research. All they have is bullshit to feed to people who can't be arsed to think and see for themselves.

Leavers actually deserve a no deal brexit just so they can experience it on their own, isolated from everyone else.

Maybe we could designate up north and notth Wales as leave country so they can focus on getting their own deals thst will magically appear while Southern Wales, Scotland, Ireland and southern England can remain and finally free ourselves of leavers.

That way everyone will be happy.

Were already heading towards the break up of the UK as it currently is, why not go the whole hog and give the leavers what they really want.

f***ing jokers.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Re what Zedie said

Maybe it's time for London to become a city state within the EU as has been suggested

Seeing as the Right hate London so much im sure they wont mind

We'll take all our money, our tax revenues and spend it on our own citizens. See how that goes down in Liitle England

.... and Scotland and Wales for that matter

We can have a hospital and a swimming pool each while the swivel eyed frothers fight it out in their Little Britain utopia

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Zedie wrote:You're more concerned with forcing through a leave vote because the people voted on absolute lies 2 years ago than actually looking at what benefits a leave vote would give us versus the massive pitfalls.

You talk like every country in the world isn't doing just fine outside of the EU?

Who sold you this line that if we're not in the UK we'll sink into the atlantic?

The fact is all those pit falls you declared are "possibilities" I'm not saying they are or aren't I'm saying no one know's because we're not out of the EU and we haven't gone out on our own so no one know's.

What Remain are doing is using the uncertainty of no-deal to declare it a bad thing.

You see as you said, I'm bothered that the referendum isn't carried out despite the uncertainty .......... well yes Zedie, because that's how democracy works.

If we were to fail to deliver Brexit then what? what democratic elected decision should ever be upheld? ......... that's called a dictatorship.

I'm pretty disgusted to be fair because Remain started off saying "Well yes the votes been had but we want a Soft Brexit" now its "We want another chance to vote Remain".

Hypocrisy doesn't wash down very well when your a central voter who believes in democracy.

Whether you like it or not, there was a result and all these threats were issued before the vote, Remain just want to rehash it until they get the outcome they want, that is not democracy, which is why I can't side with Remain.

The fact that you and UFGN can't grasp why that's my position is the whole trouble with why middle of the road voters get turned off by this Ultra socialist approach of not accepting a democratic decision.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:You're more concerned with forcing through a leave vote because the people voted on absolute lies 2 years ago than actually looking at what benefits a leave vote would give us versus the massive pitfalls.

You talk like every country in the world isn't doing just fine outside of the EU?

Who sold you this line that if we're not in the UK we'll sink into the atlantic?

The fact is all those pit falls you declared are "possibilities" I'm not saying they are or aren't I'm saying no one know's because we're not out of the EU and we haven't gone out on our own so no one know's.

What Remain are doing is using the uncertainty of no-deal to declare it a bad thing.

You see as you said, I'm bothered that the referendum isn't carried out despite the uncertainty .......... well yes Zedie, because that's how democracy works.

If we were to fail to deliver Brexit then what? what democratic elected decision should ever be upheld? ......... that's called a dictatorship.

I'm pretty disgusted to be fair because Remain started off saying "Well yes the votes been had but we want a Soft Brexit" now its "We want another chance to vote Remain".

Hypocrisy doesn't wash down very well when your a central voter who believes in democracy.

Whether you like it or not, there was a result and all these threats were issued before the vote, Remain just want to rehash it until they get the outcome they want, that is not democracy, which is why I can't side with Remain.

The fact that you and UFGN can't grasp why that's my position is the whole trouble with why middle of the road voters get turned off by this Ultra socialist approach of not accepting a democratic decision.
Is the no deal or shite deal we are likely to get what the 'leavers' voted for? If the deal involves staying in the single market and/or keeping freedom of movement should we still go ahead?

I think there are a lot of people who voted leave who are now realising that what they voted for (based on BS from the likes of farage and boris) isn't attainable. That is why they should be given a chance to vote on whatever rubbish deal/no deal is on the table.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate