British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 pm

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Rees Mogg the saviour of democracy and butcher of bills he doesn't like by abusing parliamentary procedure..... There's even a reference to it on his wiki page

I mean, I just can't ffs

Not like the lefties don't do that too. If you're referring to the Daylight Saving Bill, the SNP MPs supported him in doing what was the right thing in the end.

Filibustering is always wrong and he is famous for it

The man is a cancer

I did see a video of this but was wondering which one you had a particular problem with but now I see you mean his habit of doing it in general.

Well I'll say this, if the bill is crap which he obviously thinks it is, then why wouldn't you do it?

I found it quite amusing tbh.

Anyway again, you don't bother answering any questions I put to you so what's the point, I'll just be the millionth Central voter who'll just vote against you because you didn't have a weak argument ........... you didn't even have one at all.

Unless that is you feel "Your racist" is a valid argument to put to someone who's of mixed race?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
I did see a video of this but was wondering which one you had a particular problem with but now I see you mean his habit of doing it in general.

Well I'll say this, if the bill is crap which he obviously thinks it is, then why wouldn't you do it?

Same argument you agreed on with me on a few posts back. It sets a bad precedent and hurts the democracy overall. He isn't the objective beacon through which UK decides which bill is good or not. The process he interrupts is supposed to do that.

You had a shocker with the double standard here.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Rees Mogg the saviour of democracy and butcher of bills he doesn't like by abusing parliamentary procedure..... There's even a reference to it on his wiki page

I mean, I just can't ffs

Not like the lefties don't do that too. If you're referring to the Daylight Saving Bill, the SNP MPs supported him in doing what was the right thing in the end.

The man is a cancer

Anyway again, you don't bother answering any questions I put to you so what's the point, I'll just be the millionth Central voter who'll just vote against you because you didn't have a weak argument ........... you didn't even have one at all.

Unless that is you feel "Your racist" is a valid argument to put to someone who's of mixed race?

Dude what the f**k is wrong with you? The reason I blow you out and treat you like a c*** is because you don't know your basics, then come late to the party with a scrap of info you've finally found and then, at best shrug and sometimes not even that

In this case it's a shrug

Why wouldn't he do it you say? You found it funny you say?

At the start of this I accused you of wanting an anti democratic person to be PM on the false pretence that you care about democracy

And you denied it

Deny it now
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Same argument you agreed on with me on a few posts back. It sets a bad precedent and hurts the democracy overall. He isn't the objective beacon through which UK decides which bill is good or not. The process he interrupts is supposed to do that.

You had a shocker with the double standard here.

Prevalent right of center behavior tbh

"Rules for thee, but not for me."
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:18 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

I mean, I just can't ffs

The man is a cancer

Dude what the f**k is wrong with you? The reason I blow you out and treat you like a c*** is because you don't know your basics, then come late to the party with a scrap of info you've finally found and then, at best shrug and sometimes not even that

At the start of this I accused you of wanting an anti democratic person to be PM on the false pretence that you care about democracy

And you denied it

Deny it now

I said Rees or one of his colleagues as in "Someone who will actually carry out Brexit", it doesn't have to be just him, but as I said whenever I've heard him talk he sounds extremely capable, smart and seems to offer the best solutions.

Regarding the "fillerbusting" if it was as bad as you make out then how do they allow it?

Fact is its not my job to prevent someone doing that and if your in opposition I'm sure he's not the only person who does it.

What I care about in this instance is having someone capable to run the country and Theresa May is not it.

She's literally having a meeting with Labour to discuss their vote on the Euro White paper because she know's her own party won't support it.

............. what does that tell you?

We may as well have Corbyn in charge right now.

She's betrayed her voters and lied, worse is she's planned this from the start, again, a Remainer who talked a good game but had no intention of carrying out the referendum result.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:42 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

I mean, I just can't ffs

The man is a cancer

And you denied it

Deny it now

I said Rees or one of his colleagues as in "Someone who will actually carry out Brexit", it doesn't have to be just him, but as I said whenever I've heard him talk he sounds extremely capable, smart and seems to offer the best solutions.

Regarding the "fillerbusting" if it was as bad as you make out then how do they allow it?

Fact is its not my job to prevent someone doing that and if your in opposition I'm sure he's not the only person who does it.

What I care about in this instance is having someone capable to run the country and Theresa May is not it.

She's literally having a meeting with Labour to discuss their vote on the Euro White paper because she know's her own party won't support it.

............. what does that tell you?

We may as well have Corbyn in charge right now.

She's betrayed her voters and lied, worse is she's planned this from the start, again, a Remainer who talked a good game but had no intention of carrying out the referendum result.

You said you wanted Mogg. You didn't mention anyone else. You said for democracy, but he's the most noted use of filibustering in parliament which is anti democratic

You said any other opposition to him on grounds for example that he believes rape victims should be denied an abortion is "PC"

As I said at the start, get a grip

The truth here is you've a one track mind. You only care about brexit and not only that, but a hard brexit. You assume that's what the majority wanted. You hide behind lies of caring about democracy

In any case you've fallen for JRMs "brand". Just like you fell for May's. In short..... youve read your opinions.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:01 pm

UFGN wrote:
You said you wanted Mogg. You didn't mention anyone else. You said for democracy, but he's the most noted use of filibustering in parliament which is anti democratic

You said any other opposition to him on grounds for example that he believes rape victims should be denied an abortion is "PC"

The truth here is you've a one track mind. You only care about brexit and not only that, but a hard brexit. You assume that's what the majority wanted. You hide behind lies of caring about democracy

In any case you've fallen for JRMs "brand". Just like you fell for May's. In short..... youve read your opinions.

I said I wanted someone who's going to carry out Brexit because the only fillerbusting that's going on here is with Remainer's scuppering the deal.

Let me ask you do you know what chaos this will cause the country? the majority voted "Out of the EU" that is not an assumption, that is a fact....... "Out" of the EU, I suggest you get that notion through your head.

That's what the option was on the ballet box, that's what the Remainer's made clear that's what the choice was with project fear and the voters made their choice.

May deceived the voters, she's abhorrent, I didn't "fall" for anything, I took her on her word, so if I "fell for it" so did everyone else.

Fact is now she's played her hand and is trying to deliver a white paper her party won't support, she's an EU puppet and has now exposed herself, she's put us back months.

Also don't play the "abortion card" like a prat, one of the first things I mentioned was calling that "draconian" or do you want me to go quote myself and embarrass you?

You're pathetic with your tactics, all you try to do is "Name and shame" against someone who holds none of these views, so quite frankly you can fk off.

Tells someone of mixed race "You may as well go join Britain First" then try's to cry wolf about abortion to the guy who's first words were "I don't agree with that policy".

I should find that offensive but then I realise that's the only sad way you have of trying to win an argument and so instead I just pity you.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:31 pm

OK so I have a question and apologies if it has been asked/answered already.

I voted to Leave the EU because I don't like the idea of an un-elected person/body ruling us and foisting laws onto us that do not benefit us. I am not ignorant to acknowledge that lots of good came from the EU also. I must add, I don't give a shit about the £350m for the NHS or immigration, neither are reasons why I voted to leave.

Now, whist the ballot paper was a simple Remain or Leave vote (They really should have had options in between to better capture what the people wanted) I assumed that, based on the fact the membership to the Single Market was key to the country's prosperity, the so-called soft Brexit was what I expected. Through further conversations it was clear keeping such close ties to the EU would prevent us from making other choices that benefit us. If the price for close ties to the EU are high membership fees and heavily reduced ability to do your own thing, whats the point in leaving the EU !

So then my thoughts moved to hard Brexit. A lot of hot air, scaremongering and waffle has come from Remainers but I see the bottom line as thus; who do we do most of our business with ? I have no doubt that there are many ways around EU membership, like setting up small business functions in EU regions, that won't require wholesale movement of business away from the UK. After all, thats what the US use the UK for, so whats the difference.

What I don't want us to do is weaken our negotiating position but what I think is also clear as day is, there is no way we (the British people) or the EU will get what they want, there are too many opposing views/goals. So, do you cut off your nose to spite your face or do you compromise ? It MUST be you compromise, both sides. There needs to be give and take. But when you have the type of egos that exist in the EU it is hard to see any meaningful compromise coming from them. So at this point I have little confidence in what is about to take place :(
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:OK so I have a question and apologies if it has been asked/answered already.

I voted to Leave the EU because I don't like the idea of an un-elected person/body ruling us and foisting laws onto us that do not benefit us. I am not ignorant to acknowledge that lots of good came from the EU also. I must add, I don't give a shit about the £350m for the NHS or immigration, neither are reasons why I voted to leave.

Now, whist the ballot paper was a simple Remain or Leave vote (They really should have had options in between to better capture what the people wanted) I assumed that, based on the fact the membership to the Single Market was key to the country's prosperity, the so-called soft Brexit was what I expected. Through further conversations it was clear keeping such close ties to the EU would prevent us from making other choices that benefit us. If the price for close ties to the EU are high membership fees and heavily reduced ability to do your own thing, whats the point in leaving the EU !

So then my thoughts moved to hard Brexit. A lot of hot air, scaremongering and waffle has come from Remainers but I see the bottom line as thus; who do we do most of our business with ? I have no doubt that there are many ways around EU membership, like setting up small business functions in EU regions, that won't require wholesale movement of business away from the UK. After all, thats what the US use the UK for, so whats the difference.

What I don't want us to do is weaken our negotiating position but what I think is also clear as day is, there is no way we (the British people) or the EU will get what they want, there are too many opposing views/goals. So, do you cut off your nose to spite your face or do you compromise ? It MUST be you compromise, both sides. There needs to be give and take. But when you have the type of egos that exist in the EU it is hard to see any meaningful compromise coming from them. So at this point I have little confidence in what is about to take place :(

The problem is that the EU need to give us a bad deal to make an example of us and to deter other countries from attempting to leave ........... the issue they have though is that the UK is one of their biggest markets, we buy from them, not the other way around.

Germany, Italy, France, their manufacturers literally cannot afford to let their Govt's give us a bad deal when it comes to the crunch, the problem is because Theresa May is a Remainer she won't use that position of strength, she's literally handing over all the powers the Brits voted to take back.

Its "we're leaving ....... but we're not" the EU won't let us make the trade deals we want, we still have to follow their laws, we still have penalties if we don't etc etc.

No different to where we are now.

I was open as were you to Soft / Hard Brexit, basically whatever was best for Britain, unlike some I don't do agenda politics or whomever's got the best Twitter account.

But its become painfully obvious the EU won't play ball and they've been allowed to do it because May is an EU puppet, she couldn't even get us a good proposal let alone a good deal.

The British people have been poorly served because we've asked a Remainer who doesn't want to leave, to deliver us from the EU in good order, again as you've said the Remainers have driven voters like yourself to the "Hard Brexit" side because unless your dumb, deaf and blind it doesn't take a genius to see May and the Remainer's of Parliament and the House of Lords are intent on torpedoing our nation to their masters in Brussels.

Its a betrayal of the highest order and they've let us with little choice, if Rees-Mogg and his ilk are the only ones strong willed enough to even bother getting us out in good stead then what choice do we even have .............. but the Left don't care, they'd rather just have another incompetent tw*t in No10 just as long as it serves their agenda, qualified or not and they expect everyone else to go along with it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I said I wanted someone who's going to carry out Brexit because the only fillerbusting that's going on here is with Remainer's scuppering the deal.

Let me ask you do you know what chaos this will cause the country? the majority voted "Out of the EU" that is not an assumption, that is a fact....... "Out" of the EU, I suggest you get that notion through your head.

That's what the option was on the ballet box, that's what the Remainer's made clear that's what the choice was with project fear and the voters made their choice.

May deceived the voters, she's abhorrent, I didn't "fall" for anything, I took her on her word, so if I "fell for it" so did everyone else.

Fact is now she's played her hand and is trying to deliver a white paper her party won't support, she's an EU puppet and has now exposed herself, she's put us back months.

Also don't play the "abortion card" like a prat, one of the first things I mentioned was calling that "draconian" or do you want me to go quote myself and embarrass you?

You're pathetic with your tactics, all you try to do is "Name and shame" against someone who holds none of these views, so quite frankly you can fk off.

Tells someone of mixed race "You may as well go join Britain First" then try's to cry wolf about abortion to the guy who's first words were "I don't agree with that policy".

I should find that offensive but then I realise that's the only sad way you have of trying to win an argument and so instead I just pity you.

You repeatedly find being tarred with the brush that associating yourself with certain people results in offensive. You want a biggot on the fringes of lunacy to be prime minister

Actions have consequences.

Yes I know Brexit is a mess. That's one of the reasons I didn't back it

You did because you didn't think it through.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:OK so I have a question and apologies if it has been asked/answered already.

That's a reasonable assessment of the situation but I'm afraid you won't like my answer

* Of course negotiating with 27 countries on a severance deal was going to be a nightmare

* EU is our biggest trading partner and this process is likely to damage our position

* Nobody seemed to care about democracy and / or unelected officials when we had the proportional representation referendum.... and people hardly ever discussed the farce that is the Lords

* Of course the EU are going to negotiate in their own interests

Sorry, should have voted remain

UFGN

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm

I voted to Leave the EU because I don't like the idea of an un-elected person/body ruling us and foisting laws onto us that do not benefit us.

I hate this argument when people talk about the EU so much because it's simply disingenuous. They are not unelected. The parties you've voted for i.e. ELECTED choose who to send to represent their policy in the EU parliament. This would be tantamount to saying no bill should be passed by the governing body unless the country holds a referendum, since it's chosen by your government and not voted on by the people.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:

I voted to Leave the EU because I don't like the idea of an un-elected person/body ruling us and foisting laws onto us that do not benefit us.

I hate this argument when people talk about the EU so much because it's simply disingenuous. They are not unelected. The parties you've voted for i.e. ELECTED choose who to send to represent their policy in the EU parliament. This would be tantamount to saying no bill should be passed by the governing body unless the country holds a referendum, since it's chosen by your government and not voted on by the people.

Exactly

EU commissioners are basically diplomats sent by elected* governments

* Governments, by the way that are almost exclusively elected except the British one, which includes UNELECTED ministers from the house of lords!! But nobody seems to give a shit about that

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:31 pm

UFGN wrote:
You repeatedly find being tarred with the brush that associating yourself with certain people results in offensive. You want a biggot on the fringes of lunacy to be prime minister

Yes I know Brexit is a mess. That's one of the reasons I didn't back it

You did because you didn't think it through.

Did I? I don't remember voting for it, I didn't vote because I didn't know if it would be best for the UK or not.

But I like the idea of having a truly independent country where our vote on how we want to do things is made law but ultimately my only concern is the economy of where I have to make a living, that's where the buck stops, I'd of been happy continuing in the EU if our economy is better off.

I'm not arguing for a Hard Brexit because I know we'll be better off, I'm saying the Gov't are putting us all at risk by capitulating to the EU a deal which looks worse than Norways or the Swiss.

If no deal is going to be better than this deal we will need someone who's actually going to deliver it.

I'm interested of why you feel he's a biggot? he's an ardent Catholic, again not something I agree with by any means in fact I think his comments on abortion are ridiculous ........ but he did say, that those are his personal beliefs and that being a Catholic wouldn't mean he'd expect the public to live by the same beliefs, I think that's fair enough.

Its something to be said when the guy you find so horrendous is more capable than the shower of sh*t we have at the moment ........... that's how Trump got into power.

The Gov't failing the people over and over again always leads to these situations.

They need to show the British people a deal which is "better" than the situation we're leaving, whether that's a Soft Brexit or not, but if having a Soft Brexit means letting the EU run us over then why the hell would we go along with it?
Its that exact scenario where Hard Brexit becomes the only viable option, again the Remainer's are fkin this up, if they want Britain's to accept a Soft Brexit then they should be walking through glass to make sure this piece of crap white paper is at the very least palatable??
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:

WRONG ! If I don't like the Labour party I can vote to have them removed at the next general election.

I have no say who is voted in as EU commissioner.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate