British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 am

Phil71 wrote:I don't like this childish trend for throwing milk shake over politicians.

No matter which party they are representing they should be able to go about their business without fear of being assaulted.

The authorities need to clamp down on it by sending the perpetrators to prison.

They have to because you never know when milkshakes will later become acid or other hazardous substance (And I have seen comments on social media actively suggesting that).

Interestingly, this is actually very similar to the sort of tactics that the NSDAP used in Weimar Germany in the 1920s towards the KPD, in trying to disrupt political meetings.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I don't like this childish trend for throwing milk shake over politicians.

No matter which party they are representing they should be able to go about their business without fear of being assaulted.

The authorities need to clamp down on it by sending the perpetrators to prison.

They have to because you never know when milkshakes will later become acid or other hazardous substance (And I have seen comments on social media actively suggesting that).

Interestingly, this is actually very similar to the sort of tactics that the NSDAP used in Weimar Germany in the 1920s towards the KPD, in trying to disrupt political meetings.

There is a growing trend - especially from the left - to try to shut down anyone with whom they disagree.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 am

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious ... the Left are using the Sturmabteilung playbook ... do you think the daft c**** realise the irony in that?

Can you tell who are the 'good guys' and who are the 'bad guys' .... seems only the media can tell them apart (just like 1930's Germany)

EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:27 am

There were two sets of thugs knocking hell out of each other in Germany back then. The right and the left. One was as bad as the other, and each of their actions proliferated and incited more and more violence, until one side won.

That is not the way we want to go. This harassment and intimidation simply has to be stopped. Right now. If it isn't, you will get people from the right turning up and taking the law into their own hands to stop it.

If people want to turn up and peacefully demonstrate within the boundaries of the law that's fine. But to physically assault someone, or use repeated and concerted efforts to completely shut down one opinion or other is not something our country should allow. Let each opinion be heard and let the people decide. That is the liberal and democratic way.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 21, 2019 10:26 am

LMAO wrote:Image

Talk shit, get hit :dontknow:

Sorry but the hypocrisy is a little too much, the Left squeal like a pig when they get hands put on them.

The reason they get away with it is because the Right are under lock and key, if a Right leaning security guy or spectators touch one of the Left the media machine goes into a frenzy "Nazi thugs beat up innocent protester".

Tbh I don't care who does what but if its a liberty I'm going to highlight it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue May 21, 2019 11:01 am

The left have a chucking milkshake problem

The right have a murdering people problem

Please stop with the false equivalences

Assault of politicians is always wrong. But in the last few years in the uk we've had one murder and two attempted / planned murders of Labour politicians vs on the other side a broken window and some milkshake

Get the f**k out with saying the left are as bad as the right
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 21, 2019 1:02 pm

UFGN wrote:The left have a chucking milkshake problem

Assault of politicians is always wrong. But in the last few years in the uk we've had one murder and two attempted / planned murders of Labour politicians vs on the other side a broken window and some milkshake

You're argument is totally fake ... in History "left" beats "right" when it comes to killing ... which side of the political equation were these guys on?

North Korea 3.5m - formed under a communist (left) constitution which swung to totalitarian dictatorship in 1998 (right)
Ottoman Young Turks 5m - radical progressive (left)
Khmer Rouge 7m - communists (left)
Ranavalona 2.5m - dictatorship (right)
Congo 10m - Occupation (right)
Japanese 14m - Dictatorship (right)
China Nationalist 15m - Communism (left)
Hitler 17m - (started out on the left) ended as a madman (right)
Stalin 28m - communism (left)
Mao 70m - cultural revolution (left)

Are you really a clueless millennial for whom anything before 2000 just doesn't matter?

'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue May 21, 2019 1:45 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

You're argument is totally fake ... in History "left" beats "right" when it comes to killing ... which side of the political equation were these guys on?

North Korea 3.5m - formed under a communist (left) constitution which swung to totalitarian dictatorship in 1998 (right)

Are you really a clueless millennial for whom anything before 2000 just doesn't matter?

British Politics thread
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue May 21, 2019 2:26 pm

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

British Politics thread

Tell us about the IRA then.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 21, 2019 2:33 pm

UFGN wrote:British Politics thread

OK - murdered MP's

22 June 1922 Field Marshal Sir Henry Wilson, Ulster Unionist
30 March 1979 Airey Neave Conservative
14 November 1981 Rev. Robert Bradford Ulster Unionist
12 October 1984 Sir Anthony Berry Conservative
30 July 1990 Ian Gow Conservative
16 June 2016 Jo Cox Labour

So six murdered MP's on the right, just one on the left .....

Got anything more to say about who has a murdering problem? Learn some history before spouting off political bile ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue May 21, 2019 2:55 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:British Politics thread

OK - murdered MP's

22 June 1922 Field Marshal Sir Henry Wilson, Ulster Unionist
30 March 1979 Airey Neave Conservative
14 November 1981 Rev. Robert Bradford Ulster Unionist
12 October 1984 Sir Anthony Berry Conservative
30 July 1990 Ian Gow Conservative
16 June 2016 Jo Cox Labour

So six murdered MP's on the right, just one on the left .....

Got anything more to say about who has a murdering problem? Learn some history before spouting off political bile ....

The reason I put you on ignore a while ago is that you're a dishonest spin merchant

If you want to bring the Troubles into this then lets first decide whether those doing the murdering were truly right wing or truly left wing? No?

And whether those targeted were,targeted for their politics or mainly because they were the government?

You do realise Labour government were equally under threat when they were in power, before during and after the GFA?

If you want to look back at the context of my original comment you'll see its accurate and fair

But you know this already

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 pm

To be fair he has a point UFGN.

I was about to mention that Communism beats Nazi and Far Right murders by millions, not hundreds or thousands but actual millions, it dwarfs it quite frankly.

But as you said British thread so yes you would have to discuss what side you put the IRA on, I'm not sure what they count as.

Fact is in Britain there are not many of either purely Left or Right ideological murders as far as the modern era goes.

............. tbf though you've gone off track, my point was the disparity between reporting on Left assaults vs Right and how they're portrayed in the media and with that particular issue I'm bang on and I mean for the exact same assault.

E.g .............

Left - "Man douses Farage with Milkshake (insert laughter and "oh its just a milkshake")"

Right - "Nazi thugs assault MP in liquid attack"

I'm not on the side of the Right or Left, I just don't like hypocrisy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue May 21, 2019 3:31 pm

I will agree that the extremist rhetoric needs to calm down from everyone

Social media has had a consequence where everyone sees extreme fools and then feels they should align to one or the other

They shouldn't.

But I don't see many on the right on GW condemning Tommy Robinson and his ilk out of hand....and you absolutely should. No yeah buts about it.

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 21, 2019 4:00 pm

UFGN wrote:The reason I put you on ignore a while ago is that you're a dishonest spin merchant

If you want to bring the Troubles into this then lets first decide whether those doing the murdering were truly right wing or truly left wing? No?

And whether those targeted were,targeted for their politics or mainly because they were the government?

You do realise Labour government were equally under threat when they were in power, before during and after the GFA?

If you want to look back at the context of my original comment you'll see its accurate and fair

You were the daft c*** who labelled the entire right as murderers ... based on one nutjob born in Scotland with a long history of mental problems

get over yourself ... you were and are inaccurate and clearly wrong ... there are sadly extremists both left and right

please put me back on ignore ... your ceaseless bias is just nauseating it won't be missed
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue May 21, 2019 4:03 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:The reason I put you on ignore a while ago is that you're a dishonest spin merchant

You were the daft c*** who labelled the entire right as murderers ... based on one nutjob born in Scotland with a long history of mental problems

get over yourself ... you were and are inaccurate and clearly wrong ... there are sadly extremists both left and right

please put me back on ignore ... your ceaseless bias is just nauseating it won't be missed

I guess I labelled the entire left milkshake chuckers then?

No?

Wind your stupid neck in you fool!

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate