British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed May 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Phil71 wrote:This sort of deal pleases nobody.

Breaking news

You were lied to and you sucked it up

There is no good solution
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 5:08 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I think the only way they could salvage this would be to go for a Norway deal so they could at least announce "We've left the EU" fulfilled the referendum ......... then from there over 5 years or so propose if the people want to rejoin full membership.

Which would be easily transitional as we would still be aligned rules and customs wise.

Barring us completely from fulfilling the Ref is going to cause long term issues of our constitution and make Leave dig their heels with a chip on their shoulder to a take it all or nothing situation which is exactly what I said would happen.

The only peaceful way back to EU membership would be to take half a foot out then possibly and more important for the nation take a "willing" foot back in.

If Remain try to sideline over half the countries voters just because they didn't like the result its going to get nasty and I can't support that.

Norway is the best thing to do, to avoid No Deal and an easy route back in.

The way its looking I'm not even sure Remain would win a referendum as they've p*ssed off so many voters, if Leave win again and this time get an even more clear mandate with a Leave PM then its No Deal.

The reason we're in this mess is because of this activist culture the Left and Right have been brewing for years where there's no compromise its all or nothing, taking the middle route is actually the smartest thing for Remain to do as its the one most likely to succeed.

Fulfill and reverse > Deny and try to fight over half the population.

So this week you don't want another referendum

You keep on referring to things you've said before

Pretty easy when you've held literally every opinion at one point or other

Because UFGN unlike in your view point ........... things change.

If I want a particular outcome my "opinion" on how to proceed changes with what's in front of me as does anyone else who actually wants to win.

Yes months ago I thought the only way out of Parliaments deadlock would be a re-vote because that was the situation at the time, but Leave have a very good chance to win a referendum which would lead to No Deal being stronger than ever which is what I don't want.

That's your issue UFGN, because you think like a picket line activist your basically walking dumb into the hands of Leave, dogmatic like beliefs like what you have leave no room for tactical approaches.

I change my approach with what the current situation is, that doesn't mean my goals are different.

I had an open opinion as in "show me something" from Leave, up until the last 12 months, Leave showed me nothing hence why I wouldn't entertain it any longer.

My opinion has actually stayed consistent, just because I argue for the nuances of our democracy being upheld doesn't mean I'm changing sides.

............. but go ahead, I hope you have your referendum, but this one will be an all or nothing battle, lets hope you can live with the outcome because from what I'm seeing Leave will trash Remain.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm

So you support democracy yadayada except when you wanted a re-vote?

And except in the week you openly wanted to remain?

In those periods you didn't support democracy but now you “argue for the nuances of our democracy being upheld”?

OK champ
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 pm

UFGN wrote:So you support democracy yadayada except when you wanted a re-vote?

And except in the week you openly wanted to remain?

In those periods you didn't support democracy but now you “argue for the nuances of our democracy being upheld”?

OK champ

Nope.

I supported a re-vote WHEN it was clear Parliament were deliberately blocking every motion put forward from every corner of the House i.e stalling.

............ make sense?

It was the only way to force them to do anything.

Tbf I'm fine with a re-vote but if Remain win its only fair to not accept the result the same way they have, you can't have your cake and eat it.

Tbh maybe I am changing my opinion, the way I see it Leave have done nothing wrong here outside of being lazy and incompetent into thinking Remainer May would ever carry out the result and they have no plan for the Irish Backstop ......... but that's as much the EU's problem as well as ours, we've said no hard border, if they put one up, their problem?

I think I may vote to Leave in a referendum, they at least understand how democracy works and aren't as patronising to people with free thought.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed May 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Tbh if you still think a hard border in Ireland will be the EU's problem then, well you just crack on there

Leave have done everything wrong. They demanded the referendum, lied and lied and lied during the campaign, shat their knickers when they won and have basically shrugged in amazement that it wasn't so easy to get a deal after all

What exactly have they done right?

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 7:01 pm

UFGN wrote:Tbh if you still think a hard border in Ireland will be the EU's problem then, well you just crack on there

Leave have done everything wrong. They demanded the referendum, lied and lied and lied during the campaign, shat their knickers when they won and have basically shrugged in amazement that it wasn't so easy to get a deal after all

What exactly have they done right?

Had a referendum, won it fair and square, naively expected the result to be carried out the way Cameron threatened it would.

Both campaigns lied so there's no moral high ground there and as a neutral I'm telling you that's the case.

Yes the IRA will try to make it our problem but something America always says that's ringing in my ears "We don't negotiate with terrorists" ........... if we have a 2nd Ref and Leave win, that's the gamble you've chosen, not me.

I suggested a peace keeping fulfillment of the referendum (out of EU membership) with an open door to renew membership and no changes to alignment even while we're out.

............... but you don't want a compromise (which actually favors Remain) you want all or nothing.

So be it.

I've completely lost interest in who wins if you want me to be honest, I've seen politics moving this way for a while and its the sort of pressure cooker environment of people taking the p*ss that led to WWII.

People pushed to margins and desperation causes polarization and there only comes conflict after that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 16, 2019 3:44 pm

.............. and there it is, at last, the tw*t is going.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 43511.html

As much as I detest Boris Johnson for not taking up the mantle in the first place I hope he gets it so we Britain can get on with it, play all her hands and then we'll finally get to the bottom of what option is ACTUALLY best for this fkin country.

Theresa May, you have been the worst Prime Minister in history as far as I'm concerned an absolutely pointless waste of time and her decisions have the hallmarks or a r***rd, her trying to force through her bill 4 times is akin to watching a train wreck.

If we're going to leave lets get on with it, if we're not lets get on with that ............ but where we are now i.e scared to step forward, scared to step backward is not maintainable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Boris f***ing Johnson

Jesus wept

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 pm

loooooool

Don't join the club of countries with dumbfuck dyed-blond leaders who have shit-tier haircuts. It's not worth it.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm

UFGN wrote:Boris f***ing Johnson

Jesus wept

I don't like him either but at least we can move from 3 parties involved i.e Leave / Norway / Remain and just skip right to the main fight of Leave vs Remain and get this sh*t over with.

We need a conclusion and this 3 way b*tch fest has to end.

Anyway you wanted this right? you wanted another ref, the Leave vs Remain throw down, well this is the start.

............. because like I told you, Leave isn't just going to roll over, especially in a 2nd Referendum.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm

UFGN wrote:Boris f***ing Johnson

Jesus wept

Our next Prime Minister. Glorious.

And this time, we know Gove is a backstabber.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Watching Question Time and I almost feel like puking in my lap and that Labour tw*t has dropped the ball so badly.

I'm actually tempted to vote for the Brexit Party.

Parliament need to be brought to heel, they need to respect the democracy which is there role to deliver and their fkin job.

The way they've handled Brexit by deliberately sabotaging it is not acceptable.

Brexit winning will mean these tw*ts will have to do their job.

I'm not even sure I want to leave the EU, but its got to the stage where that's not even the point anymore ............ our democracy is at stake and I said this would happen over a year ago.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:36 pm

UFGN wrote:

Breaking news

Change the record. It's boring.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Breaking news

Change the record. It's boring.

Its the same answer because you're saying the same things

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Far right thug Jack Renshaw jailed for life for plotting to murder a Labour MP and a police officer

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate