British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby VCC » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 am

Funny thing society ,politics and social problems.
Everyone wants to put things in boxes,there is no silver bullet cure every situation and probable cure is a personal one and sometimes you simply cant fix the situation/person.
Reason its put into generalized boxes is simply cost
What may fix one situation will simply quantify another.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:48 am

UFGN wrote:You know what? Youre a nasty bitter old Muppet.

Youve got nothing positive to say, ever. Just digs, snide little asides and constant, constant political cliché

Ive worked at secondary schools and seen the damage done by gangs first hand. Ive personally done the persuading, the talking, the worrying. I didn't pass responsibility off to anyone, and neither did my colleagues. In that environment I was assaulted countless times, spat at and threatened in the course of doing what I considered to be part of my job. It wasn't really, I could have just stuck to my job description and turned a blind eye to anything that wasn't "in my pay grade". But what kind of a person does that?

It was worth every bit of it. We did make big difference. I only regret that we didn't do a better job. I blame nobody for that but myself. I took a better job in a much easier profession and left them all to it. Its hard to admit, but I put myself and my mortgage first.

You hide in your ex-pat bubble chatting shit.

YOU are cringe worthy.

Back on ignore you sad f**k ... the makings of a decent debate spoilt by your personal bullshit ... you're just me, me, me, me, me it's self centered morons like you who have caused so many of the problems we have today ...

The answers lies in the broad range of solutions, it running the country for the good of the majority not just the minority, thinking that you know better than countless generations that have come before how's that working out? The world would be so much better if it ignored the egotistical pricks like you who make everything about themselves and their weird little perfect worlds ...

There is no magic bullet, we need to use every resource available, but we need to be realistic, troubled kids need dealing with not having their arse wiped by delusional dreamers ... parents need support, bad parents need controls ... teachers need support ... police need support

Sounds like you did a shit job and then ran away leaving the real workers to clear up your luvvy duvvy mess ... so well done to you, hope that gives you a sense of achievement ... you tried you failed it happens ... so what on earth gives you the right to criticise the people who are trying to fix the issues that you gave up on? do you think you have even an ounce of credibility?

As I said you're back on ignore ... you're simply way to delusional to matter ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:23 am

EliteKiller wrote: you now want to pass parenting off to somebody else, classic "not my responsibility" thinking ..

EliteKiller wrote: What's so truly cringe-worthy is watching you lurch from "curfews are an abuse of civil liberties" to "physically drag them into those sessions. Whatever it takes" can't you see the ridiculous irony in those two diametrically opposed positions?

EliteKiller wrote: Whilst I appreciate you've put forward some options the sheer naivety in thinking tea, clubs, cuddles will make a blind bit of difference on it's own is alarming ...

Then......

EliteKiller wrote: Back on ignore you sad f**k ... the makings of a decent debate spoilt by your personal bullshit ... you're just me, me, me, me, me it's self centered morons like you who have caused so many of the problems we have today ...

I'm honesty lost for words.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:35 am

Only one way to sort this out guys...

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:04 pm

The outcome of Boris's visits to Merkel & Macron have turned out as expected.

The Germans are being sensible whilst the French are being hard nosed.

Trade and the economies are the overriding factors in terms of importance.

Something will be done with the Irish backstop. The EU negotiators only ever insisted on that because they knew it wouldn't get past Parliament and brexit would be delayed/postponed/cancelled.

I think they realise now that it'll happen on 31st October come what may, so they need to work with us.

They will not risk a revival of the troubles in NI.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:18 pm

LIVEBusiness Live: Pound gains after Brexit talks plan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-49479988
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:LIVEBusiness Live: Pound gains after Brexit talks plan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-49479988

Whenever no deal becomes less likely for any reason, the pound recovers some ground.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:59 pm

Boris having the remain brigade moaning in the background is like going into a showroom to buy a car and having your wife say in front of the salesman, "We're not leaving here without that car."

Cue car salesman grinning from ear to ear and rubbing his hands together.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Phil71 wrote:Boris having the remain brigade moaning in the background is like going into a showroom to buy a car and having your wife say in front of the salesman, "We're not leaving here without that car."

You might have a fair point if Boris didn't want no deal for ideological reasons to further the Tory dream, which is clearly the case

In this case Boris is in the showroom to con his wife into thinking hes thinking about buying a car, when he has no such intention. So his wife has no choice but to speak up.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Boris having the remain brigade moaning in the background is like going into a showroom to buy a car and having your wife say in front of the salesman, "We're not leaving here without that car."

You might have a fair point if Boris didn't want no deal for ideological reasons to further the Tory dream, which is clearly the case

In this case Boris is in the showroom to con his wife into thinking hes thinking about buying a car, when he has no such intention. So his wife has no choice but to speak up.

............... are you really sure Boris wants No Deal though?

Maybe he's got you fooled the way he wants the EU fooled?

My suspicion from what I've heard from him and tallyed up is he'll prefer a deal but will push for No deal if the EU try it on.

Reports today are that some Leavers in the Con's are unhappy because of that very reason, Boris is using May's deal as a base and saying "Take out the Backstop then we can proceed".

The only reason the Leavers are going along with it is because they're pinning their hopes that the EU won't drop the backstop.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

............... are you really sure Boris wants No Deal though?

Maybe he's got you fooled the way he wants the EU fooled?

My suspicion from what I've heard from him and tallyed up is he'll prefer a deal but will push for No deal if the EU try it on.

Reports today are that some Leavers in the Con's are unhappy because of that very reason, Boris is using May's deal as a base and saying "Take out the Backstop then we can proceed".

The only reason the Leavers are going along with it is because they're pinning their hopes that the EU won't drop the backstop.

Just look at his politics, his core beliefs. He is an oldschool f**k the poor tory. I believe he wants no deal to facilitate the creation of a low wage, low tax, low rights economy

(I believe he will pursue such an agenda regardless of the EU outcome btw)

UFGN

Postby Callum » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:07 pm

An unelected PM proroguing Parliament because he doesn't want scrutiny of his government's actions

If you Brexiteers really gave a shit about sovereignty you'd be up in arms right now
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Callum wrote:An unelected PM proroguing Parliament because he doesn't want scrutiny of his government's actions

If you Brexiteers really gave a shit about sovereignty you'd be up in arms right now

I'll correct you if I may

The unelected PM of a minority government going to the unelected head of state to prevent scrutiny of an ideologically driven tory agenda

Dictatorship in all but name

This is ideologically driven, constitutional vandalism. What next, tanks on the streets?

All but the hardest of brexit nutters must accept that this move is extreme and unacceptable.

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:48 pm

Will Corbyn have the balls to call a vote of no confidence? Clearly this is what the Tories want him to do and now he's being pushed into a corner. Time to man up or step aside.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Gentlemen, start your engines...
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate