British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:44 pm

UFGN wrote:
As usual you're being a bog standard reactionary who doesn't understand what you're talking about

If you cared about democracy you wouldn't want Rees-Mogg. A thug and a bully with a long history of anti-democratic practice in parliament

But you only want democracy when it suits you

How do you work that out, makes absolutely no sense, if the country had voted Remain I would of championed it being upheld all the same.

Yes I am being reactionary, action causes reaction and in this case I'm p*ssed off at Parliament wilfully trying to undermine a legitimate vote of the public.

Of course you don't mind that because you're a Remainer.

Rees-Mogg is a very intelligent man with principles, which is something we have very few of in Parliament.

I don't agree with his Catholic views but he said even though his "personal" view is one thing, it separate from what his job to abide by the rule of the people would be.
What I like about Mogg is his clear competence to see a situation and deal with it to achieve the best outcome possible .......... and that, agenda aside is what's best for the country.

I can see why you don't like him, he's against gay marriage and against abortion, I find his views on abortion draconian but as he said just because he has religious principals that doesn't make it his right to enforce that on society when society wants something else.

Basically what I'm getting at is this ...............

Your agenda driven dislike of someone disqualifies them based on that agenda not on competency, you would rather have someone less qualified run our country just because he / she ticks all your PC boxes.

Can I ask you how you'd expect me or the public outside of your political leanings circle to be on board with that?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:If it could be proven we'll be screwed then that's one thing but if it can't be then you have no right to suggest it will ........... because lets be honest, your opinion as well as anyone on this forum are wholly unqualified to say whether it would or not.

I don't think this is a good argument. As far as i know the academic consensus is that Brexit isn't good for the economy of the UK. Also, you don't have to be an economist to have a read on studies/papers on the topic. I will be the first to admit i haven't done so because it's tedious work and Brexit doesn't really concern me but I've talked to people who have and I've heard nothing good.

DiamondGooner wrote:Tbf ......... is there really apart from bluffs and threats any reason we couldn't re-join the EU?

This is not how the world works, you can't leave and rejoin and expect the same deal. This is similar to Trump ending the Iran deal. You kind of start to lose credibility and countries don't want to make deals with you knowing you will go back on your word.

Another point i would make is that most brexiters overestimate UKs position. The only bargaining chip they really have is the "no deal" threat. But since that would badly hurt both sides i would compare it to nuclear parity. Both sides know it would be catastrophic and will call each others bluff if attempted.

Its been shown we are one of the EU's biggest customer markets, they either play ball of fk off quite frankly.

The thing is bluffs and blunder aside its companies that drive the decisions, Gov'ts act like they do but its BS, companies provide the wealth of nations, the employment, taxes everything.
German companies will not allow the EU to screw this up but no one wants to highlight this or even admit it because its against their agenda.

Also those analysts your citing saying Brexit is a bad deal .......... what sort of Brexit are they forcasting? we don't even know what Brexit we're getting yet.

Those same analysts are paid puppets of the Remainer camp.

What's true and what is not unfortunately is impossible to decipher because everyone giving us this information is either pro or against.

Don't underestimate the amount of money being thrown by the EU and Remainer's to lie to the public, this is worth Billions upon Billions, anyone thinking there's no meddling or lying going on is retarded.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
As usual you're being a bog standard reactionary who doesn't understand what you're talking about

If you cared about democracy you wouldn't want Rees-Mogg. A thug and a bully with a long history of anti-democratic practice in parliament

How do you work that out, makes absolutely no sense, if the country had voted Remain I would of championed it being upheld all the same.

Yes I am being reactionary, action causes reaction and in this case I'm p*ssed off at Parliament wilfully trying to undermine a legitimate vote of the public.

Rees-Mogg is a very intelligent man with principles, which is something we have very few of in Parliament.

I don't agree with his Catholic views but he said even though his "personal" view is one thing, it separate from what his job to abide by the rule of the people would be.
What I like about Mogg is his clear competence to see a situation and deal with it to achieve the best outcome possible .......... and that, agenda aside is what's best for the country.

I can see why you don't like him, he's against gay marriage and against abortion, I find his views on abortion draconian but as he said just because he has religious principals that doesn't make it his right to enforce that on society when society wants something else.

Your agenda driven dislike of someone disqualifies them based on that agenda not on competency, you would rather have someone less qualified run our country just because he / she ticks all your PC boxes.

Can I ask you how you'd expect me or the public outside of your political leanings circle to be on board with that?

I get sick of discussing polotics with you because it's like talking to a teenager

Look up Rees-Mogg and filibustering

The man is an absolute vile c*** and a cancer to democracy

You want the most vile politician in the country to be PM to drive your agenda, but I'm the one with an agenda? Ok

You still lying about not being right wing btw or have you given that up?

Crack a f***ing book
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Jedi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 pm

You think that the remainers camp pays respectable economists to fake studies? Do you understand that faking research is essentially impossible because it's necessary to do it in a proper way in order for it to be accepted by your peers. The abstract, the method of research, the content, and the conclusion all matter.

For example, lets say i made a research paper which caught the eye of the public. If there's any data dredging (p-hacking) or other misused statistical techniques, i would quickly be discredited by other people in the same field. Therefore, the remainers can't simply pay for the academia to lie to the public. Moreover, you've made the claim that they're doing so even though you've said before none of us are qualified to speak about it and you clearly didn't do any research on the topic to even have a reason to discredit the studies.

But, hey, we don't need to READ, we have common sense™.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:36 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I get sick of discussing polotics with you because it's like talking to a teenager

You want the most vile politician in the country to be PM to drive your agenda, but I'm the one with an agenda? Ok

Crack a f***ing book

You don't like debating with me because I ask you difficult questions you can't answer or don't like the answer.

Nobody likes losing an argument so I see your frustration, all you do in reply is throw an underhanded insult and swerve my questions, which is pretty pathetic, you can't answer so instead you try to put me on the back foot with "Your Right wing" when you know I'm not, sorry Jack but that's not going to work with me.

Insults are not a valid rebuttal its a sign that you've lost the argument.

My only agenda is the upholding of democracy, I'm not Right wing, I'm central.

I don't know much on Rees-Moggs history so maybe you can enlighten me to anything he's done wrong but its Remainer's who push voters into the arms of people like Trump and in this case Rees-Moggs ............ why? because when our elected representatives don't do as their fkin instructed the voters have to seek out the man / woman that will.

Rees-Moggs or one of his people seem the only ones willing to carry out the instruction of the people, hence why they're only being looked to now, the voters didn't cause this, Remainer politicians did.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Crack a f***ing book

You don't like debating with me because I ask you difficult questions you can't answer or don't like the answer.

Nobody likes losing an argument so I see your frustration, all you do in reply is throw an underhanded insult and swerve my questions, which is pretty pathetic, you can't answer so instead you try to put me on the back foot with "Your Right wing" when you know I'm not, sorry Jack but that's not going to work with me.

I don't know much on Rees-Moggs history so maybe you can enlighten me to anything he's done wrong but its Remainer's who push voters into the arms of people like Trump and in this case Rees-Moggs ............ why? because when our elected representatives don't do as their fkin instructed the voters have to seek out the man / woman that will.

Rees-Moggs or one of his people seem the only ones willing to carry out the instruction of the people, hence why they're only being looked to now, the voters didn't cause this, Remainer politicians did.

Look up Reese Mogg and filibustering and please stop wasting my time

What I mean by it's like debating with a teenager is you have zero base knowledge and make no effort to gain base knowlage
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Crack a f***ing book

What I mean by it's like debating with a teenager is you have zero base knowledge and make no effort to gain base knowlage

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:13 pm

UFGN wrote:

I did, I saw lots of random snippets of different stuff, why don't you source an article or be more specific, I'm not going to go through 10 different websites for something you should be providing.

Also its the act of a teenager to lose an argument then just deflect and insult, guess who's guilty of that?

You haven't actually answered even one question I've put to you and you already sound like you need a break .......... how do you or your ilk ever expect to win people over to your side of the argument when you cant even debate or answer questions properly, if at all.

Its very .......... millennial of you, yet your not that young to use that as an excuse.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
I did, I saw lots of random snippets of different stuff, why don't you source an article or be more specific, I'm not going to go through 10 different websites for something you should be providing.

Not to gang up on you but building up on my post above. Shouldn't you be the one doing the research on people you support? How do you expect to defend your positions if you haven't actually done any research? And moreover how do you even decide if you're right?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Also its the act of a teenager to lose an argument then just deflect and insult, guess who's guilty of that?

You haven't actually answered even one question I've put to you and you already sound like you need a break .......... how do you or your ilk ever expect to win people over to your side of the argument when you cant even debate or answer questions properly, if at all.

Its very .......... millennial of you, yet your not that young to use that as an excuse.

All you do is parrot the Daily Mail and think you've won the argument. You've never once expressed a political view to me that hasn't recently been popular in the DM or breitbart

You read your opinions. You don't form them. You have no understanding of pretty well known facts and I've repeatedly ended up basically arguing with a middle England grandmother

That's why I'm tired of it and I'm not going to help you out this time. Do your own work 're Reese Mogg and if you still support him after that, then go join Britain First or whatever

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:00 pm

UFGN wrote:
All you do is parrot the Daily Mail and think you've won the argument. You've never once expressed a political view to me that hasn't recently been popular in the DM or breitbart

You read your opinions. You don't form them. You have no understanding of pretty well known facts and I've repeatedly ended up basically arguing with a middle England grandmother

That's why I'm tired of it and I'm not going to help you out this time. Do your own work 're Reese Mogg and if you still support him after that, then go join Britain First or whatever

Parrot a Daily Mail which I rarely if ever read? the reason I looked at Rees-Mogg is because he's all over the news (all the news) about attacking May over Brexit and that he might run for leadership .......... not because of the Daily Mail.

I read my opinions but don't form them says you, I have no understanding of well known facts says you, I need to join Britain First says you.

Pathetic, do I need to spell out what you can do with your opinions?

Anyway this convo is over, there is only one side who's put forward an argument the other (as usual) know's he'll lose the debate so runs away screaming insults.

Grow up.

Again this is why Brexit won, Left wingers can't even win over centre ground voters let alone anyone else, at least the Right actually talk to people, the Left just say "What, why are you questioning me, you must be a racist".

Its why you lost and will likely carry on losing, the Left have the people skills of an imbecile.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm

.....But you won't check out Rees Mogg properly. You won't even take the ten minutes to research a man you back to be PM... to replace a woman you backed to be PM after similarly knowing F all about her.

Because that would involve a bit of moderately hard work instead of just chatting breeze .... same reason you talk a good talk* but don't bother to vote

Also you'd then have to come back and defend your position which you can't.

* You don't actually talk a good talk btw, just a figure of speech, sorry to disappoint

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Rees Mogg the saviour of democracy and butcher of bills he doesn't like by abusing parliamentary procedure..... There's even a reference to it on his wiki page

I mean, I just can't ffs

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:31 pm

UFGN wrote:Rees Mogg the saviour of democracy and butcher of bills he doesn't like by abusing parliamentary procedure..... There's even a reference to it on his wiki page

I mean, I just can't ffs

Not like the lefties don't do that too. If you're referring to the Daylight Saving Bill, the SNP MPs supported him in doing what was the right thing in the end.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Rees Mogg the saviour of democracy and butcher of bills he doesn't like by abusing parliamentary procedure..... There's even a reference to it on his wiki page

I mean, I just can't ffs

Not like the lefties don't do that too. If you're referring to the Daylight Saving Bill, the SNP MPs supported him in doing what was the right thing in the end.

Filibustering is always wrong and he is famous for it

The man is a cancer

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate