British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Zedie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I think they would be stronger if they had backup from a few members with larger constituency majorities

As it stands a lot of them are in a precarious position when it comes to the next election.

They definitely need more members imo.

So far they have 11, it would serve them well to increase their members so they jump from the 4th highest with Lib Dems to the 3rd biggest in Parliament.

I think it's coming tbh. I don't think they would have jumped if they didnt think they had a chance and I'd bet a decent chunk that there are others who have agreed to jump privately but are now waiting a short while to see how this pans out.

I for one would welcome a return to centrist politics, extreme left or right only harms everyone, even if a small percent think they're winning by virtue.

See trump supporters with dying with no healthcare who are cheering him on to make further cuts to healthcare Or the Leave voting portion of the swindon Honda factory etc.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Corbyn says the ISIS bride should be allowed to come back to the UK so she can get the support she needs.

Another example of how out of touch this bloke is with public opinion.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Phil71 wrote:Corbyn says the ISIS bride should be allowed to come back to the UK so she can get the support she needs.

Another example of how out of touch this bloke is with public opinion.

You mean the "benefits" she needs, is he proposing to pay for her accommodation and child benefits? or is he just happy for the British public to foot the bill as per usual?

Corbyn is turning into a disaster, he can't even take advantage of open goals May's giving him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:46 pm

Just been watching Anna Soubry and co's presser.

Tbh I'm relatively impressed, they're capable individuals and at least you know what they stand for, more competent than labour but still have compassion, and not a total mess of inner tribes like the Conservatives.

I'd consider voting for them.

I'm for delivering on democracy and people did vote for Brexit, however the Conservatives are not delivering it or at least delivering it properly, they haven't prepared for it and so if the Independents said "We're going to Remain or have a 2nd Referendum" then at least you know what your voting for.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:55 am

Told you No Deal wouldn't happen ............. Brexit delay on its way.

Can't believe some of you thought they would go through with it, calling these "unfolding" situations is actually getting stupidly easy, I can see right through the posturing of May and her abortion of a front bench.

......... and yet people are running around panicking and buying food stocks, idiots.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:49 am

We will leave the EU on 29th March
We may not leave the EU on 29th March
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 am

If ever you needed proof of the falsehood that the "media is owned by the liberal left" then here it is

Look at the shit this stupid incompetent woman and her shitty cabinate is getting away with. They should be getting crucified every day in the press but no....
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 am

UFGN wrote:If ever you needed proof of the falsehood that the "media is owned by the liberal left" then here it is

Look at the shit this stupid incompetent woman and her shitty cabinate is getting away with. They should be getting crucified every day in the press but no....

Even the most incompetent opposition in the history of politics could embarrass this government ... an illiterate parrot on crack could issue press releases that would make the media take note ... oh wait a minute
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:06 am

So people talking about the consequences of Brexit is a stupid thing to do since Brexit hasn't happened, yet championing a future vote that the EU may still reject is acceptable?

wat.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 am

The UK has blinked now, so all negotiations are over and done with.

Our poker hand is face up on the table, theres nothing there, and the EU are laughing all the way to the backstop.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 am

At least that knob JRM and his far right numpties have been cut down to size
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:45 am

Why havent you left yet ffs

We dont need you. Bye

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Dejan wrote:Why havent you left yet ffs

We dont need you. Bye

Your farmers would disagree.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

We dont need you. Bye

Your farmers would disagree.

Has he got farmers?

No wonder he’s a bit grouchy.

:P
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:39 pm

We dont need you. Bye

Funny I had a discussion like this on a date, didn't go down to well, she was from Estonia.

Started off saying England was small time and that the EU doesn't need us etc, then I was like "Well that's fine we'll see how we get on, we're still the 5th biggest economy etc we know we're not the British Empire anymore but whatever, its what they voted for".

It ended up with her saying, we do want you but we're stronger together etc, or more like she's worried she'd be kicked out the country if Brexit goes through.

See that's the thing, Europe can never win that "We don't need you" BS, Brits are too thick headed for that kind of threat to sink in, we may not be Great Britain anymore but we're still independent to our core.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate