British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Zedie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:I agree with your posts DG. The sense I have been getting today is the same. We had a big discussion at work at lunch and the NHS was mentioned more times than Brexit.

It is not just the political parties that have a lot to learn from this but the press also (and I bet they won't). We saw it with Trump where the coverage was full of attacks on him and calling him everything under the sun and trying to tell people what to think of him and eventually it backfired. Whether what is being said is right or wrong people have had enough of being aggressively force fed viewpoints. We saw it here again with Corbyn and the constant attacks and name calling he got, Corbyn is this, that and the other non stop from many facets of the press and in the end people had enough of it and it had the reverse effect. It is like the term 'loony left', in the 2000s that was quite a useful piece of rhetoric but now while it makes the already converted nod, many independants and undecideds will read that kind of rhetoric and it will backfire on the writer. People are sick of that kind of stuff, whichever side is spewing it and the media needs to learn how to report professionally or lose their credibility altogether, Thank God for the internet and the ability for mass direct communication to help neuter that kind of s***.

Bang on.

Please talk about the facts that matter, what will affect the vast majority of peoples lives, how you will help those that are struggling, not slogans. Im sick of reading sound bites, i want to hear what your plan is ffs.

Then why did people vote for what was nothing more than a series of soundbites, with the fully costed manifesto having a financial blackhole? Students voting for no tuition fees, funded by tax hikes for the rich, when such tax hikes are proven to bring in even less revenue than before. The tax intake in 2010 from the rich and big businesses was less than it is now. That was when taxes on rich people and corporation tax was higher than it is now. But let's ignore all this in favour of some fantasy of free tuition fees, et all. That's all while ignoring that Corbyn supported the IRA, supported Hamas and called Hezbollah "our friends".

All this proved was you can bribe the electorate and they're stupid enough to fall for it.

I'm sorry, but it's a bit rich criticising the labour manifesto when Theresa May published a crock of shit light on figures, facts or common sense.

Like I said earlier, I'm under no illusions that he won't be able to fullfill all his promises, but if he even reverses the trend of hitting the normal people constantly and helping big business that don't f***ing need it, it's a win.

You're seriously telling me that the opposite of what you're proposing ie don't increase taxes on business and high earners is more successful?

Look around. The millions of people are struggling in one way or another.

The worst part is, Tories are reduced to ridiculing labour because most normal Tory voters can't actually point to anything remotely positive that their party is offering.

Cuts to education, the police force, the nhs, social care etc hits literally all parts of society apart from those that live in gated communities who can afford private schools and and healthcare.

Everyone else is feeling it.

The terrorist links line is just lazy posting tbh. You probably don't even know the core reason why those accusations have been levelled do you?

Corbyn has always been anti violence, but has always opted for communication and reasoning to defuse the hatred that has festered between Muslim and new, protestant and Catholic.

That he speaks for both sides in an effort to bring about peace instead of fueling the biggest terror backing nations with British weapons for oil and money is enough to get him labelled a terrorist sympathiser and people actually go along with it.

Two gulf wars, invading Iraq, Afghanistan, bombing Syria has created the terror on our streets and only fuels it on more, why do people actually think continuing this cycle instead of trying to engage and talk people down to get things like the Irish peace agreement will work better?

Face it, Theresa May and the Tories are a hot mess that have not only shot themselves in the balls with the attack on normal British people and u turning on the GE, they now have shown no morals in jumping into bed with an organisation that has close links to the other side of the ira equivalent on the royalist side. That they're forming a government with them is laughable.

That you guys are ignoring this and continuing to try and point fingers at Corbyn is even more joke.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:55 pm

People voted for conservative because either

a) they are always Tory
b) Is independant/ sceptical but in no way wanted Corbyn and saw Tories as lesser of two evils
c) Did not agree with Corbyn agreeing to freedom of movement in Brexit negotiations (I heard this quite a bit from friends)
d) Local reasons

The last one is almost forgotten as a voting factor but that is why I voted. I disagree totally with the Lib dems stance on Brexit (despite being a remainer) but I voted for them because Ed Davey was an excellent MP and lib dems decent council leaders while the Tories have been shit the last 2 years. Coming up with unwanted ideas and projects which the communities of our area have had to fight against, dropped others, tried to raise taxes to insane amounts (but had to back down). We never had to deal with that under the lib dems so I voted for them and thankfully they got back in.

The main reason Tories at my work gave for voting for them was Theresa May being a better Brexit negotiator than Corbyn which is fair enough. The main reason given to vote Labour was public services and austerity.

If the right honestly want to believe that the free tuition fees was the sole reason labour got so many votes and that is the only reason the young voted (and I have seen that mentioned so much) then I am glad as it means the Tories will not learn anything from this and hopefully things will remain close in the future.

Yes the young were happy with the free tuition fee pledge and there will be some where that was their sole motivation but the young were hit by the brexit referendum and this woke them up. Their absence was always noted in past elections but they brushed it off but when the many young (majority remainers) saw what the consequences of their absence was they decided to be more politically minded this time.

What did they find, a Tory manifesto which offered them nothing, an absent leader who when she did pop up didn't say much at all. Many see the effects austerity is having on their communities and families and even their new social tax shaking things up (my mum a life long Tory voter stayed at home due to the dementia tax and many tories at my work are stunned by it) in the wrong way. Then they looked and analysed what was coming out of the Tory party and especially the right wing press and media and it was all negativity and attack, attack, attack on Corbyn.

Labour on the other hand got their campaign out to the young properly, reached out on many levels and campaigned vigorously. They listened and they spoke to the young about the future they will try to build and Corbyn himself came off extremely well. He gave rational answers in his interviews and calm, rational rebutts to the criticisms and attacks coming in at him and the young saw him as trustworthy and worthy their time.

It wasn't "free tuition' and that was it, 'pied piper to the voting hall'. The free tuition pricked their ears up and they investigated labours policies further and listened to Corbyn and liked what they heard. The conservatives didn't do anything to encourage the young, in fact they didn't really do anything to encourage anyone. Putting all things aside it really was a terrible campaign from them, worse than the mid 2000s (you are fighting for the future of the pound campaign), they should have done much better.

They were always going to be the biggest party, the fact it ended how it has given the position they had before it is astonishing. It is understandable why labour and Corbyn are so happy, comments like 'you do know you lost right' from the right and 'we didn't do well enough' from the left are missing the point.

The new labour left commentators are making me laugh, comments like 'we should have done better, we should aim to win' just shows how arrogant they got after all those years in government. Labour are traditionally nowhere, what happened in 1997 was a godsend and they did well to get the time they did but it should not be expected. The conservatives are and always will be main contenders in the UK. This result now is good for labour historically speaking and looking at all that Corbyn has had to endure from everyone and the commentary on his party and leadership this result is even more outstanding. Like May needs to show some humility so do these new labour types who have always been against Corbyn. If they genuinely want Labour to win they need to work with him moving forward and not reluctantly from the sidelines or not at all.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Both of our leaders, Trump and May, are f***ked up: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/theresa-may-election-latest-internet-regulation-downing-street-speech-manifesto-a7783186.html

Imo this, along with the NHS, played a major role in getting your 18-24-year-old voters to the polls. 72% estimated this time, 64% for the EU referendum, and only 43% for the 2015 GE.

It'll be nice when the technologically illiterate Silent and Baby Boomer generations (not everyone in those generations is technologically illiterate, but as a whole) f**k off.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Zedie wrote:I'm sorry, but it's a bit rich criticising the labour manifesto when Theresa May published a crock of shit light on figures, facts or common sense.

TO quote Amber Rudd, "Judge us on our record."

The Conservatives have reduced the deficit, increased employment to record highs and improved the economy.
Like I said earlier, I'm under no illusions that he won't be able to fullfill all his promises, but if he even reverses the trend of hitting the normal people constantly and helping big business that don't f***ing need it, it's a win.

You're seriously telling me that the opposite of what you're proposing ie don't increase taxes on business and high earners is more successful?

Look around. The millions of people are struggling in one way or another.

The worst part is, Tories are reduced to ridiculing labour because most normal Tory voters can't actually point to anything remotely positive that their party is offering.

Cuts to education, the police force, the nhs, social care etc hits literally all parts of society apart from those that live in gated communities who can afford private schools and and healthcare.

Everyone else is feeling it.

The terrorist links line is just lazy posting tbh. You probably don't even know the core reason why those accusations have been levelled do you?

Corbyn has always been anti violence, but has always opted for communication and reasoning to defuse the hatred that has festered between Muslim and new, protestant and Catholic.

That he speaks for both sides in an effort to bring about peace instead of fueling the biggest terror backing nations with British weapons for oil and money is enough to get him labelled a terrorist sympathiser and people actually go along with it.

Two gulf wars, invading Iraq, Afghanistan, bombing Syria has created the terror on our streets and only fuels it on more, why do people actually think continuing this cycle instead of trying to engage and talk people down to get things like the Irish peace agreement will work better?

Face it, Theresa May and the Tories are a hot mess that have not only shot themselves in the balls with the attack on normal British people and u turning on the GE, they now have shown no morals in jumping into bed with an organisation that has close links to the other side of the ira equivalent on the royalist side. That they're forming a government with them is laughable.

That you guys are ignoring this and continuing to try and point fingers at Corbyn is even more joke.

This is a ridiculous perspective to have. It's this perspective which is the biggest difference between the Conservatives (Not necessarily the party) and the Left.

Yes, the world is seriously unjust. Yes, the world is completely f***ing unbalanced. The rich get richer, the poor get children. This has always been the case of the world. But that's the world. You have to accept it and build your ideas through it.

We're already going through BREXIT, Theresa May gave HUGE reassurances to ensure Nissan remains open. In comes Jeremy Corbyn and says, "Hey, we're leaving, also pay more taxes, Nissan."

What will Nissan do? Will it stay? Or will it leave and destroy what's left of the hellhole known as Sunderland?

What happened in the 70's before Thatcher? Mass strikes, nothing working, nothing going on time, and unbelievable demands by the ransomist trade unions. In came Thatcher and said, "Hey, that's not acceptable." She put the economy first. She got three terms in office. The Left still hate her. The Conservatives realise that she had some poor policies, but she was right on the whole. The coal miners were shafted by their own union leaders. It was economically unfeasible to give into their demands. Thatcher then saved the country.

And this is what Corbyn would have restored us back to. Trade unions holding the country to ransom, with no way of sacking employees who go on strike indefinitely. Corporation taxes so high that all the big companies like Nissan leave us, especially with BREXIT happening. Personal taxes so high that footballers wouldn't come to the UK. You think this is the joke? See the Premier League pre-Thatcher, only English players, and not because of globalisation did this change, but because Thatcher knew you couldn't tax the rich 70-80% of their money. The PL started after Thatcher. Wonder why that is?

Here's something that a lot of leftists ignore. Let me quote the key points
http://www.cps.org.uk/files/factsheets/ ... tsWork.pdf

Tax intake rose despite lower tax
From 2010-11 to 2016-17, the headline rate of
corporation tax fell from 28% to 20%.
Treasury analysis suggests that will cost the
Treasury between £3.2bn and £4.3bn per
annum. Yet onshore corporation tax receipts
have exceeded initial expectations by the
Office for Budget Responsibility and grown
by 44% since 2011-12.

So.... tax rate fell, yet intake rose, why? Because companies invested more in the economy, and helped the long term economic plan for the hard working people of this country.

Financial blackhole even if Labour is proved correct despite history being against it
Labour has made pledges costing at least
£15 billion pa linked to its planned hike in
the corporation tax rate to 21.5%. These
spending pledges are at least three times
the maximum that could be raised from its
planned increase in corporation tax rates.

Yes, the campaign was shit from May. But it was broadly correct. Corbyn is the most incompetent leader the Labour party has had. Abbott is about to pay police officers 8 pounds an hour and 300,000 for 10000 police officers. That is Corbyn's team. We have a Marxist who said, and I quote, "I wish I could go back in time and assassinate Thatcher."

It was a shambles of a campaign by May, but old people, even faced with the choice of losing their triple lock, of losing their winter fuel allowance and of losing their homes voted Tory overwhelmingly. Why? Because they know the past. These are people who hate Britain, Abbott has said that every loss for the UK is a win.

They hated Thatcher because she ruined the Unions, the same Unions that were destroying the UK. They cry about tolerance, but supported a regime that killed gay men. They are not anti-semitic but support Hamas, who wants to kill all Jews. And no, this is not fear-mongering. I'm a Muslim who's currently living in the Middle East, before coming back for my Master's next year. This is Hamas's agenda. They want the end of all Jews, and want Israel to cease to exist. They want to implement ISIS's punishment for gay people. This isn't fantasy, this is the truth. These are Corbyn's friends. What exactly is Corbyn's negotiating strategy for peace when he refuses to talk to Israel?

Okay, let's ignore Israel for a second. You know what, there was an actual genocide somewhere else. Guess who said we shouldn't help the people facing a genocide? Jeremy Corbyn. He said the Kosovan genocide 'never really existed'. And don't say the UN said there was no genocide, the criteria of a UN genocide is so high that I believe only 3 events in history have ever been called one. And anyone who's studied history could point to 3 in the last century itself

This is a man for whom everything the West does is wrong and everything anyone against the West does is right. This is the same issue with Stop the War. They are unable to speak out against Russia's bombing, but if the UK bombs Syria, it's the mother of all atrocities.

P.S: Corbyn voted against saving the Falklands. He wanted to give them to Argentina.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Brandon wrote:Both of our leaders, Trump and May, are f***ked up: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/theresa-may-election-latest-internet-regulation-downing-street-speech-manifesto-a7783186.html

Imo this, along with the NHS, played a major role in getting your 18-24-year-old voters to the polls. 72% estimated this time, 64% for the EU referendum, and only 43% for the 2015 GE.

It'll be nice when the technologically illiterate Silent and Baby Boomer generations (not everyone in those generations is technologically illiterate, but as a whole) f**k off.

Except the financially illiterate students only voted because they heard "no tuition fees and free stuff" from Crazy Comrade Corbyn without even thinking where that money would come from and the effects on the economy in obtaining that funding.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:Both of our leaders, Trump and May, are f***ked up: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/theresa-may-election-latest-internet-regulation-downing-street-speech-manifesto-a7783186.html

Except the financially illiterate students only voted because they heard "no tuition fees and free stuff" from Crazy Comrade Corbyn without even thinking where that money would come from and the effects on the economy in obtaining that funding.

12 billion it would cost. Corbyn's supposed raising of corporation tax would net in....... 5 billion, and that's without thinking of the fact that most companies and rich people would leave. The left, spending other's money since forever.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am

Funny watching the UK going into meltdown .... it wasn't really that close ......

FACTS - Conservatives won .... most seats, most votes, and highest Tory share of the electorate (42.4%) since Thatcher in 1979

That's not to say Corbyn didn't do well he got 40% of the electorate that's Labour's best since Blair in 2001 ....

however that's primarily because he picked up all the ex-Labour voters who had left to go Green / UKIP / SNP back in 2015 .... and he cleverly got the youth vote with his promises of 'free stuff' ....

In the end a 318 v 262 result isn't even that close ..... despite what the press would have us believe ....

Corbyn had his moment against the worst run Tory campaign in living memory, but when you look at the results he was, despite all the hype, still resoundingly beaten ....

The Tories need a new leader .... but then if they want to win so to do Labour .... should be an interesting 12 months ahead ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yago » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:41 am

It wasn't that close, and on paper it's not a bad result for the tories. But a month ago the polls predicted a 20 point advantage, and the election was called to really shred the opposition, to allow them free reign to get anything they wanted pushed through for the next 5 years. Instead they look weak, they lost their majority and now have to rely on the f***ing DUP to govern.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Luzh 22 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:56 am

EliteKiller wrote:Funny watching the UK going into meltdown .... it wasn't really that close ......

FACTS - Conservatives won .... most seats, most votes, and highest Tory share of the electorate (42.4%) since Thatcher in 1979

That's not to say Corbyn didn't do well he got 40% of the electorate that's Labour's best since Blair in 2001 ....

however that's primarily because he picked up all the ex-Labour voters who had left to go Green / UKIP / SNP back in 2015 .... and he cleverly got the youth vote with his promises of 'free stuff' ....

In the end a 318 v 262 result isn't even that close ..... despite what the press would have us believe ....

Corbyn had his moment against the worst run Tory campaign in living memory, but when you look at the results he was, despite all the hype, still resoundingly beaten ....

The Tories need a new leader .... but then if they want to win so to do Labour .... should be an interesting 12 months ahead ......

What is this?

Nobody, including Labour thought they were going to win. The Tories wanted to increase their majority in parliament, so they could get a mandate for a hard brexit. They perceived the opposition to be weak, thus they called an immediate general election they thought they'd win easily - effectively gambling the future of the country, for the sake of political gain.

In the end, they became unnecessarily weaker by losing seats, and allowing their only effective opposition to gain an extra 26 seats. When you want to pass any legislation or propose new laws etc, the more seats your party has in parliament, the easier it is to pass votes in your favour.

This can in no way be considered a victory for the Tories, under any circumstance. They didn't need to call an election, there was still ages left till the next was due, and they have weakened the hand of the UK in brexit talks that start in a few days.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:26 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Funny watching the UK going into meltdown .... it wasn't really that close ......

What is this?

Nobody, including Labour thought they were going to win. The Tories wanted to increase their majority in parliament, so they could get a mandate for a hard brexit. They perceived the opposition to be weak, thus they called an immediate general election they thought they'd win easily - effectively gambling the future of the country, for the sake of political gain.

In the end, they became unnecessarily weaker by losing seats, and allowing their only effective opposition to gain an extra 26 seats. When you want to pass any legislation or propose new laws etc, the more seats your party has in parliament, the easier it is to pass votes in your favour.

This can in no way be considered a victory for the Tories, under any circumstance. They didn't need to call an election, there was still ages left till the next was due, and they have weakened the hand of the UK in brexit talks that start in a few days.

This!

Tories could have ruled till 2020 with a solid enough majority, and are now forced to give concessions to the DUP. They've lost their main attack lines on Labour, since they've now formed a coalition of chaos with terrorist sympathisers. They've made Corbyn look competent and with Labour able to falsely claim their manifesto is fully costed..... well, the Tory vote is looking weaker and weaker.

Add to that the fact that the SNP will recover by October/November when the next election likely comes, and Labour could, with about the same number of seats as now, have a comfortable majority (With the SNP and the Lib Dems)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:35 am

To be honest, having the DUP in government is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to having UKIP in power. Plus the next boundary review (the one that Clegg vetoed) is coming up next year will favour the Tories.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:18 am

@GA and any other conservative leaner, because the post length is going to get silly:

Zedie wrote:Like I said earlier, I'm under no illusions that he won't be able to fullfill all his promises, but if he even reverses the trend of hitting the normal people constantly and helping big business that don't f***ing need it, it's a win.

GoonerAlexis wrote:This is a ridiculous perspective to have. It's this perspective which is the biggest difference between the Conservatives (Not necessarily the party) and the Left.

Yes, the world is seriously unjust. Yes, the world is completely f***ing unbalanced. The rich get richer, the poor get children. This has always been the case of the world. But that's the world. You have to accept it and build your ideas through it.

Slavery
Womens rights
The minimum wage
Gay marriage
Employment rights
etc

Please dont sit here and tell me to be subservient to a government just because things have always been the way they have. Thats bullshit. They havent and there are infinite examples of people making meaningful changes in society through standing up. You may be resigned to following whatever a Tory government reckons is in the elites best interests, but id rather not.

GoonerAlexis wrote:We're already going through BREXIT, Theresa May gave HUGE reassurances to ensure Nissan remains open. In comes Jeremy Corbyn and says, "Hey, we're leaving, also pay more taxes, Nissan."

What will Nissan do? Will it stay? Or will it leave and destroy what's left of the hellhole known as Sunderland?

An excellent example of Theresa Mays desperation in the face of reality of Brexit. The Nissan debacle was caused directly because of Brexit. She threw tax payers money directly at Nissan to stop them from leaving the country temporarily, so that the reality of Brexit wouldnt kick in and people could see that actual jobs are going to be lost with a hard Brexit.

Nissan? What about every other large conglomerate across all other sectors pitches up to 10 Downing Street to demand the same treatment? We cant keep bailing out massive companies with tax payer money, its just not sustainable. So this is what the conservative solution is for our finite tax income pool? Use it to keep foreign companies paid so they can feed their profits back into their own lands?

No thanks.

What happened in the 70's before Thatcher? Mass strikes, nothing working, nothing going on time, and unbelievable demands by the ransomist trade unions. In came Thatcher and said, "Hey, that's not acceptable." She put the economy first. She got three terms in office. The Left still hate her. The Conservatives realise that she had some poor policies, but she was right on the whole. The coal miners were shafted by their own union leaders. It was economically unfeasible to give into their demands. Thatcher then saved the country.

And this is what Corbyn would have restored us back to. Trade unions holding the country to ransom, with no way of sacking employees who go on strike indefinitely. Corporation taxes so high that all the big companies like Nissan leave us, especially with BREXIT happening. Personal taxes so high that footballers wouldn't come to the UK. You think this is the joke? See the Premier League pre-Thatcher, only English players, and not because of globalisation did this change, but because Thatcher knew you couldn't tax the rich 70-80% of their money. The PL started after Thatcher. Wonder why that is?

OK mate. Thatcher saved the country by selling off the countries assets to her elite mates in the top 1%. She also sold off the government housing stock to kick start what we now know as the great British housing crisis. Once you do it, theres no turning back. Corbyn hasnt mentioned trade unions, youre just projecting some fantasy thats rattling around Tory eco chambers right now because you lot cant bare to think of the cluster f**k facing your personal image of the strong and stable party.

PL started after Thatcher loooool be serious mate. I guess Thatcher is responsible for the internet, WIFI and electric cars too. Starting to think you are on a wind up.

GoonerAlexis wrote:So.... tax rate fell, yet intake rose, why? Because companies invested more in the economy, and helped the long term economic plan for the hard working people of this country.

Tax to the elite fell and income to the coffers rose under Thatcher because she literally sold off billions of pounds worth of national assets. A lot like Theresa May tried to force the NHS into selling off its assets to pay for MRI machines and other essentials. Thats the truth of it, stop pretending like Thatcher turned lead into gold and didnt take a massive shit on anyone that wasnt affluent.

GoonerAlexis wrote:They hated Thatcher because she ruined the Unions, the same Unions that were destroying the UK. They cry about tolerance, but supported a regime that killed gay men. They are not anti-semitic but support Hamas, who wants to kill all Jews. And no, this is not fear-mongering. I'm a Muslim who's currently living in the Middle East, before coming back for my Master's next year. This is Hamas's agenda. They want the end of all Jews, and want Israel to cease to exist. They want to implement ISIS's punishment for gay people. This isn't fantasy, this is the truth. These are Corbyn's friends. What exactly is Corbyn's negotiating strategy for peace when he refuses to talk to Israel?

I know perfectly well what Hamas, Sinn Fein, DUP etc do and did, to try and play it off like Corbyn is backing them is just sad really. Youre a Tory continuing to whine about Corbyn talking to both sides and making statements equal to 'hey, both of you have done terrible things in the past, but lets get down to discussion to stop this bitter war", which you find appalling, but have somehow excused the fact that the Tories have invited an organisation that only last week, were endorsed by an organisation that executed a father in front of his child in NI.

By your standards, Theresa May has rolled out the red carpet for terrorist sympathisers to decide on the fate of the Union.

GoonerAlexis wrote:This is a man for whom everything the West does is wrong and everything anyone against the West does is right. This is the same issue with Stop the War. They are unable to speak out against Russia's bombing, but if the UK bombs Syria, it's the mother of all atrocities.

Well lets see:

Tony Blair, the most right wing Labour PM in generations jumps into bed with the Republicans, to lie and illegally invade Iraq to kick off the Gulf War. Iraq destroyed, the Republican Guard mostly scatter to join informal shady organisations such as Al Quaida. Later, this splinters off into ISIS.

Long story short, the West has begun a chain events of destruction that have led us to people getting run over and stabbed on Westminster bridge. That youre in favour of a party that not only actually physically sides with domestic terrorist sympathisers, but also continues to sell billions of pounds of weapons to the country is the biggest funder of terrorism in Europe is beyond me. The Tories are literally continuing the cycle of shit that you as a Muslim are having to deal with because of some nut cases who claim your religion and you point fingers at Corbyn for trying to get people around the table to end this cycle by means other than bombs or guns which clearly DO NOT WORK.

Good luck to you.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 am

Isn't GA like one of the most left leaning posters on here? Now he's a closet con? :lol:
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 am

I grew up from being a rebel college kid to being a responsible adult ;)

Will respond to Zedie's novel soon. Has less fact than a Corbyn speech
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:57 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:I grew up from being a rebel college kid to being a responsible adult ;)

Will respond to Zedie's novel soon. Has less fact than a Corbyn speech

Or a Theresa May speech?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate