British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:28 am

Farage is now gifting the Leave vote to the Tories .... Corbyn has a very narrow appeal, far too many negatives to ever get the centre right vote on his side ... LibDems are just too lightweight, even with a Green / LibDem / Plaid / SNP alliance it will still be primarily a Tory v Labour election FPTP ensures that ... the only question is whether it will be a Tory majority or a hung parliament.

JC's personal position on nuclear, nationalisation, elites, terrorism, Israel, and leaving the EU are all way to entrenched to be overcome, not saying he's right or wrong that's a matter for personal choice, but in far too many areas he's in the minority ... minorities don't win elections.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:05 am

It'll be a conservative/brexit party coalition. Farage is being against Johnson now to hide the fact that is their plan imo.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:18 pm

Corbyn is a terrible Labour leader and too far left to get in power.

I honestly question the intelligence of all these Labour voters tbf, even if your traditionally Labour how can you as a Remainer or Leaver get behind this ditherer who basically doesn't have a position?

I mean if you vote for him what exactly are you voting for in todays topics?

I swear they bought in Corbyn because he was popular with the Far Left activist kids, then they realised the kids don't or can't vote.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Corbyn is a terrible Labour leader and too far left to get in power.

I honestly question the intelligence of all these Labour voters tbf, even if your traditionally Labour how can you as a Remainer or Leaver get behind this ditherer who basically doesn't have a position?

I swear they bought in Corbyn because he was popular with the Far Left activist kids, then they realised the kids don't or can't vote.

He was quite impressive at his press conference today. Talked about real issues like housing and the NHS. Areas the government have utterly failed at.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Rockape » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:13 pm

He was quite impressive at his press conference today

:rofll:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Rockape wrote:

Thank you for that insightful contribution
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Thank you for that insightful contribution

Sorry, but how anyone can call him 'impressive' is beyond me! Impressive at being utterly ineffectual maybe?

Anyway, what bothers me, is that BJ called this election in order to try and get his Brexit deal over the line.....and yet does it not just give all the remainers the chance to destroy his plan and his chance of gaining a decent strong Conservative majority at the same time? I mean, lets face it, the Lib Dems have completely screwed the people who voted to leave by dismissing the referendum result, but will that get them the vote of all those desperate to stay in the EU. Why would anyone usually voting Conservative, but wanting to remain....vote for Boris?

Its a quandary!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Corbyn is a loony left knob end.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Phil71 wrote:Corbyn is a loony left knob end.

Yes, we know that and he is the reason why Labour won't win.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Corbyn is a terrible Labour leader and too far left to get in power.

The problem is that Labour were naive enough to open up voting to everyone which would allow anyone to pay £10 to vote for the leader. Of course all the communists and stupid students jumped on that and voted in Crazy Comrade Corbyn and naturally Old Man Jezza decided such an arrangement was excellent and also decided to keep it then reinterpret the rules in ensure he stays in power as long as he wants despite the wishes of the parliamentary party.

Good job the Tories were wise to that and said people had to be a full member for 3 months prior before they could vote in leadership elections so Boris' election couldn't get get hijacked.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:13 pm

The Tory filth have started up the lie machine again

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... appearance

Good luck.when Sir Keir sues

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:43 am

So no one has replied to my question about how to vote in the GE. I mean that Boris has called it, to try to get Brexit done but if you are a conservative remainer....what do you do? If you are a Lib Dem leaver, what do you do?

Still haven’t worked out the Labour position but let’s say it’s a second ref, do remainders only have a two way choice between Jo Swinson or JC? It’s just an appalling prospect, giving either of them a vote, when it goes against the grain.

Clearly if Boris doesn’t get a majority, we are doomed to more years of utter shite, so should we just get it done and move on?

Thoughts?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:45 am

Phil71 wrote:Corbyn is a loony left knob end.

What an apt description, he is the best thing that ever happened for the Conservatives :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:00 am

UFGN wrote:He was quite impressive at his press conference today. Talked about real issues like housing and the NHS. Areas the government have utterly failed at.

Quite impressive? about as impressive as Xhaxa is for Arsenal ... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

He's great at preaching to the converted but put him in front of the masses and he's a disaster "this is where you are supposed to cheer” seriously you think that was impressive?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 am

Rockape wrote:So no one has replied to my question about how to vote in the GE. I mean that Boris has called it, to try to get Brexit done but if you are a conservative remainer....what do you do? If you are a Lib Dem leaver, what do you do?

Still haven’t worked out the Labour position but let’s say it’s a second ref, do remainders only have a two way choice between Jo Swinson or JC? It’s just an appalling prospect, giving either of them a vote, when it goes against the grain.

Clearly if Boris doesn’t get a majority, we are doomed to more years of utter shite, so should we just get it done and move on?

Thoughts?

I think people have to look at the likely outcome in their own particular constituency and vote for a candidate that they think has a reasonable chance of winning.

For instance, in my constituency the only two Parties who have any chance of winning are Conservative and Labour. Although Conservative may not be my preferred option overall, I will vote for them because I want to keep Labour out. Voting for any other candidate is a wasted vote.

If we had some sort of proportional representation electoral system rather than this out-dated and unfair FPTP I would probably vote for someone else. As it stands I'll vote Conservative.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate