British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:May lied to everyone, even the Leaver's backed her, so what?

You support a broken two MP's Lib Dem party, good luck with that.

Also you can keep banging on about Good Friday and its armageddon esque significance all you like but the fact is I'm saying I don't believe it would go back to the killings and bombings, that's just empty threats.

All the Irish terrorists are either in jail, too long in the tooth or dead, the new lot don't believe in the cause like the old guard from the 70's and 80's.

There are murals all over Belfast with slogans such as "prepared for peace, ready for war"

They are new murals, not relics

If you think they're a joke go over there and paint over one. Good luck getting home with no kneecaps

New murals? it doesn't make you a tough guy because you did a bit of graffiti.

Ok that's where I quietly back away from the convo

I'm talking to a boy.

You have no idea what you're talking about
Last edited by UFGN on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Any "terrorist" movement/organization gather momentum when extraneous circumstances, beyond the control of the ordinary people, bring unjustified hardships and pressures upon general populous of a region.

Such hardships and pressures can include but are not limited to:
Political Absolutism and Authoritarianism
Religious Subjugation
Economic Poverty
Social Injustice

A customs border between Ireland and the UK will certainly bring about one of the above, with the rest following suit shortly after I should imagine, just like it did through the hot points of the past. Should there be a customs border, strands 2 & 3 of the Good Friday agreement become null and void, thus the whole treaty becomes null and void too.

Once the treaty is dead, it means the end of:

Consent principle
Self-determination in NI
Decommissioning of weapons
Bill of Rights in NI
Abandonment of violence
Inter-governmental co-operation (which includes things like security, criminal investigations etc etc)
Recognition of both identities
Institutional role for the RoI
Power-sharing
Devolution of powers

Not to mention the end of inter-island commerce that will cripple both the North and the South economically.

Then it’s up to the ROI and the EU to do everything they can to avoid this.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:26 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:May lied to everyone, even the Leaver's backed her, so what?

Also you can keep banging on about Good Friday and its armageddon esque significance all you like but the fact is I'm saying I don't believe it would go back to the killings and bombings, that's just empty threats.

All the Irish terrorists are either in jail, too long in the tooth or dead, the new lot don't believe in the cause like the old guard from the 70's and 80's.

There are murals all over Belfast with slogans such as "prepared for peace, ready for war"

If you think they're a joke go over there and paint over one. Good luck getting home with no kneecaps

I'm talking to a boy.

Funny that, because you wouldn't call me a boy to my face if we were in a boxing ring ready to go, would you now not unless you fancied early birthday beats.

I didn't say the IRA or Loyalists are fk all, I know they're not, I'm saying it could be a 12 yr old doing graffiti for all you know, also even if it is IRA members, the IRA aren't half as strong as they used to be and you should know that, all their ex active members fked off to do drug dealing, most of them are getting old now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I'm talking to a boy.

Funny that, because you wouldn't call me a boy to my face if we were in a boxing ring ready to go, would you now not unless you fancied early birthday beats.

I didn't say the IRA or Loyalists are fk all, I know they're not, I'm saying it could be a 12 yr old doing graffiti for all you know, also even if it is IRA members, the IRA aren't half as strong as they used to be and you should know that, all their ex active members fked off to do drug dealing, most of them are getting old now.

No I'm sorry, as usual there's not enough base knowledge to have a proper conversation

I would be wasting my time.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Well, it's up to all involved to try to make arrangements, but seeing as there is less than 100 days to do so, it's looking a bit grim.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Well, it's up to all involved to try to make arrangements, but seeing as there is less than 100 days to do so, it's looking a bit grim.

The UK government have done their bit by saying they don’t want a border on the island of Ireland.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:01 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I'm talking to a boy.

No I'm sorry, as usual there's not enough base knowledge to have a proper conversation

I would be wasting my time.

Merry Christmas.

:icon_party: :1990_dancing.gif:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

The UK government have done their bit by saying they don’t want a border on the island of Ireland.

The Irish PM has also said that they aren't preparing for a hard border. Slightly breaking ranks here because it sounds like the EU are prepared to throw the Irish Republic under a bus to punish us.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

The Irish PM has also said that they aren't preparing for a hard border. Slightly breaking ranks here because it sounds like the EU are prepared to throw the Irish Republic under a bus to punish us.

Their rules are always rigid... until it suits the EU to bend them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Shocker, UFGN was right about BREXIT being undeliverable
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:41 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:Shocker, UFGN was right about BREXIT being undeliverable

We'll never know if it was deliverable.

Leave never took over the negotiations to offer any solutions for it, Remainer MP's have blocked Leave MP's ever since the result.

The fact is a Leave MP wouldn't get a majority in their own party to be Prime Minister, that was obvious in the "No confidence" vote, a lame duck Prime Minister got kept in even though she's being destroyed weekly in Parliament by the whole house, found in contempt, the lot, has been saved ............. and the only reason she was saved is to block any attempts at leadership by a Leave MP.

Maybe it would be deliverable, maybe not, again, we'll never know, Leave also are to blame because they didn't fight hard enough to be put in the leader spot so .......... oh well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Gove's fault. If he hadn't knifed Boris in the back, we would have had a leaver PM.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:35 pm

RIP Paddy Ashdown

Special Forces soldier, diplomat and leader of the Liberal Democrats

We need more politicians like him. People with intelligence and class rather than loudmouth bullshitters

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:57 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Gove's fault. If he hadn't knifed Boris in the back, we would have had a leaver PM.

BS, Gove knifed him because Boris had embarrassingly run for the hills.

We would never get a Leave MP, Boris was the only one who had a chance and he bottled it.

Leave as a whole have bottled it, expecting Remainer's to deliver a Hard Brexit?? they deserve everything they're getting right now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Shocker, UFGN was right about BREXIT being undeliverable

We'll never know if it was deliverable.

Leave never took over the negotiations to offer any solutions for it, Remainer MP's have blocked Leave MP's ever since the result.

The fact is a Leave MP wouldn't get a majority in their own party to be Prime Minister, that was obvious in the "No confidence" vote, a lame duck Prime Minister got kept in even though she's being destroyed weekly in Parliament by the whole house, found in contempt, the lot, has been saved ............. and the only reason she was saved is to block any attempts at leadership by a Leave MP.

Maybe it would be deliverable, maybe not, again, we'll never know, Leave also are to blame because they didn't fight hard enough to be put in the leader spot so .......... oh well.

Right, let's start with this? Which Remainer MP blocked a Leave MP?

They all had the right to run against Theresa May. They could have tried winning, instead of running away.

This isn't about No Confidence, this is about when they let May get in WITHOUT a contest. You then had major BREXITeers in the Major BREXIT departments doing eff all
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate