British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:55 am

Osbourne no longer an MP, not surprising after the london evening standard thing.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:03 pm

UFGN wrote: We have a fixed term parliament act which was supposed to end the unfair advantage of the ruling party being able to call an election when it suits them. This is zero to do with Brexit and all to do with a Tory abuse of power.

That is quite the opposite of democracy.

If you buy her excuses for backtracking, you're either naive or as dishonest as she is.

We have a fixed term parliament act which allows for a General Election with a 60% vote .... that's 100% the democratic, legal, and relevant position ... you are starting to make yourself look foolish by not a) understanding the law and b) not understanding politics ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:27 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote: We have a fixed term parliament act which was supposed to end the unfair advantage of the ruling party being able to call an election when it suits them. This is zero to do with Brexit and all to do with a Tory abuse of power.

If you buy her excuses for backtracking, you're either naive or as dishonest as she is.

We have a fixed term parliament act which allows for a General Election with a 60% vote .... that's 100% the democratic, legal, and relevant position ... you are starting to make yourself look foolish by not a) understanding the law and b) not understanding politics ...

I understand the law perfectly thankyou

You fail to understand my point. The Act was supposed to prevent this from happening and hasn't worked. This is a synical abuse of power by the Tories for their own political gain, and nothing to do with the national interest. If a governing party asks for an election then it is very difficult for any opposition to decline and not lose credibility.

The Two-thirds rule was intended to allow for an election in exceptional circumstances, not because the Tories are having a difficult time getting their own way.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 pm

The Tories are butchering the NHS, privatising schools, failed on housing, cut local authority spending and left prisons in chaos

All while failing to meet their own targets to control the national debt, and with record numbers of workers on zero hours contracts with hardly any meaningful rights.

Years of austerity with nothing to show for it and no end in sight

Vote Tory for more of the same
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:59 pm

UFGN wrote:We have a fixed term parliament act which was supposed to end the unfair advantage of the ruling party being able to call an election when it suits them. This is zero to do with Brexit and all to do with a Tory abuse of power.

Again because your so bias and cannot take that out of your equation your not making sense.

Theresa May cannot have an election without the backing of 60% of Parliament, if the opposition vote to support the re-election .........

............. your argument is out of the window.

If its an unfair advantage as you say then they should decline, but they won't.

So who's fault is that?

Is it the Conservatives fault that the opposition are a composition of morons of the highest order?

Again people like you are only happy laying all the blame on the Cons when your parties are in a fkin shambles, and you expect people like me to be against the Cons when they are the only ones who won't reduce the country to a mess? I can't support out and out stupidity.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:We have a fixed term parliament act which was supposed to end the unfair advantage of the ruling party being able to call an election when it suits them. This is zero to do with Brexit and all to do with a Tory abuse of power.

Again because your so bias and cannot take that out of your equation your not making sense.

Theresa May cannot have an election without the backing of 60% of Parliament, if the opposition vote to support the re-election .........

So who's fault is that?

Is it the Conservatives fault that the opposition are a composition of morons of the highest order?

Again people like you are only happy laying all the blame on the Cons when your parties are in a fkin shambles, and you expect people like me to be against the Cons when they are the only ones who won't reduce the country to a mess? I can't support out and out stupidity.

I've decided that every time you ask about something I've already addressed I'm going to simply ignore you.

Now for the second time in less than 12 hours, read what I've written on this very page and you'll see I've already addressed that

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:35 pm

If you answered it I wouldn't have to keep asking.

I'm asking you something new, I'm asking why should May not call an election when its the opposition who would approve it, and if they do what's the problem?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Post number three on this page

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 pm

UFGN wrote:Post number three on this page

Right well I missed that because you weren't replying to me.

It helps move the conversation along when you just co-operate.

Anyway in a nutshell, I know what your saying but these are exceptional circumstances in that a break from the EU is at stake, May wasn't elected and her opponents have used that as a way to undermine her efforts to get the job done.

All she's done here is answered her critics.

Now regarding your comment on "Its hard for opposition to turn it down and not lose credibility" are you serious? any credible opposition should be chomping at the bit.

Fact is as I stated earlier, this is foul play to you simply because the opposition is in disarray.

Its not the Cons fault Labour are a fkin joke and the Dems policy is to outright undermine the UK's democratic decision making both un-electable.

Maybe this will be the wake up call they need to sort their sh*t out, they are currently an embarrassment, maybe forcing them to take responsibility for their part in all this rather than just throwing rotten fruit from the stands will force them to wake the fk up?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

So who's fault is that?

Stayed out of this thread because I simply can't be arsed with people that can't be honest with themselves when it comes to Real life impacts of government.

We have NHS trusts not able to guarantee critical care across the country, while people are dying in hallways. Waiting lists blamed on immigrants while actual tory led hospital closures are actually to blame.

We could be charging foreigners for NHS treatment just like all the other European countries, but of course we don't bother, cheers for neglecting that theresa.

We have education budgets being slashed left right and centre in the midst of massive over subscription to schools. cheers tories.

We have an improperly applied immigration system, we could be deporting non contributers left right and centre but don't bother.

If European and non EU workers are restricted from working here, a large number of workers (including farmers who overwhelmingly voted brexit and are now shitting themselves over the implications to their business lol) there's a large number of businesses across a large number of sectors that are f***ked and they're starting to realise.

Biggest joke is that we are facing an employment crisis, where we actually have more jobs than we can fill because the brits don't want to earn a living picking fruit or manual labour or farm work etc because it's beneath them smh. Go read an average farmers struggles employing staff if you don't believe me.

Cornwall has been f***ked with no lube massively after triumphantly backing brexit. They've seen the EU funding that propped up their whole region drop from 60m to 18m now given by the government. Do you have any idea what this is going to do to people's lives in Cornwall?

We are literally paying Nissan to bridge the potential loss in income from brexit due to higher import export costs. It's literally paying benefits to the Sunderland plant workers via their corporate employers at the tax payers expense. and of course, we don't get as much back as we put in.

We currently have 20 tory councillors under investigation for voter fraud (with strong evidence) for the last election, going into the next election. Ffs, if they get found guilty, it's by-elections all round.

Council tax has gone up again to pay for social care that has been destroyed by the tories, the tax increase doesn't even cover half of the cuts made ffs. Even still, our care for the elderly is going off a cliff regardless of the extra money they're squeezing out of us to pay for it.

Theresa May is literally refusing to do any public debates after calling the election. What the f**k does that say about your leader if shes that much of a coward to actually stand up for her bullshit.

Sovereignty has been a buzzword for leavers for ages, without a hint of irony when there's constant threats to the house of Lords, a intrinsic part of our sovereignty if they don't cow tow and back whatever vague bullshit may is trying to force through.

We have a tory government that has pushed themselves into a corner so deep, theresa has to jump on Donald trumps dick, a man who will 100% end up impeached before his full term is done because he's blatantly been caught suckling at the Russian teet to get into office.

We are literally tying ourselves to an imbecile just so the vaguest of bullshit.

Cost of living is going up, ie food, clothing etc. While wages are stagnating lower than inflation for f***ing years, it gets harder by the day for the average person to just live.

Food banks are in more demand across the country than since the 2nd world war ffs.

They're even cutting disability benefits to our most vulnerable parts of society, it's an absolute cluster f**k that I hope none of you ever have to deal with.

This is a big arse rant, but f**k it, I'm sick of seeing people spew the whole what about me retohric while barely acknowledging the pain that the tories are inflicting on this union.

A 300 year union that is potentially on the brink of a break up because of the tories and directly because of Brexit.

Youd rather be an actual loser on the winning side than face up to the reality that you and those around you that may be less fortunate than you live in.

A vote for tory is a vote to kick yourself in the balls at some point in life if your not upper class.

I'd be interested to hear what the tory voters on here think about the actual policies that have been implemented so far.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:27 pm

UFGN wrote:I understand the law perfectly thank you

You fail to understand my point. The Act was supposed to prevent this from happening and hasn't worked. This is a synical abuse of power by the Tories for their own political gain, and nothing to do with the national interest. If a governing party asks for an election then it is very difficult for any opposition to decline and not lose credibility.

The Two-thirds rule was intended to allow for an election in exceptional circumstances, not because the Tories are having a difficult time getting their own way.

But you clearly don't - the two-thirds rule is exactly that - a rule whereby with a two-thirds majority an election can be called ..... nowhere does it talk about "exceptional circumstances" you just made that bit up to fit your argument .... the act was created to make the five year cycle more manageable for government departments, however the two-thirds rule was deliberately added to still permit the House of Commons (and not the PM) to call elections whenever they wanted, exactly as they have done now ....

Just as you created your own interpretation of the facts and came up with "cynical abuse of power by the Tories for their own political gain, and nothing to do with the national interest" so you misrepresent the act ....

To clarify for you again - it's a perfectly legitimate and correct use of an act of parliament - despite your personal opinion ....

Remember the act was only passed in 2011 and can easily be circumvented by a no-confidence vote where a simple majority will force a general election anyway .... that would have been the cynical approach giving the opposition no choice ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm

What Zedie said basically. I don't make the effort because I can't be arsed nowadays

As of yesterday I'm a card carrying Liberal Democrat member.

Those are my politics, I'm very comfortable with them. I choose to support fairness in our country, civil rights, proportional representation in parliament and Workers rights

I don't support everything they stand for but it's as close as im going to get to a party I can get behind long term to make our country a fairer, better and more positive place.

f**k the Tories.

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:45 pm

UFGN wrote:What Zedie said basically. I don't make the effort because I can't be arsed nowadays

Those are my politics, I'm very comfortable with them. I choose to support fairness in our country, civil rights, proportional representation in parliament and Workers rights

I don't support everything they stand for but it's as close as im going to get to a party I can get behind long term to make our country a fairer, better and more positive place.

f**k the Tories.

I'll be joining up soon too, I know my post was super long and I'm thankful at least one person has read it, but when you actually look at reality instead of reciting daily mail rhetoric or simply just not responding to the glaring problems in this country, it's actually appalling what's happening.

Instead, people prefer to respond with 'salty liberal tears' and 'shut up we won'.

The amount of people obsessed with being on the winning side instead of being on the side that actually fights for positive affects on their life and the lives of their family, community, city, and country is staggering.

Whats happening to the NHS alone should be enough to make people want May and the tories out.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Shut up we won.

:hiding:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:57 pm

UFGN wrote:What Zedie said basically. I don't make the effort because I can't be arsed nowadays

f**k the Tories.

:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate