British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 am

UFGN wrote:Jesus I cant wait to get these f***ing tory c**** out of power. I'm so sick of their waffling shit

Thursday 2 May 2024 will be your next chance, you had a very real chance last year and blew it now you just have to wait.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:39 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:Jesus I cant wait to get these f***ing tory c**** out of power. I'm so sick of their waffling shit

Thursday 2 May 2024 will be your next chance, you had a very real chance last year and blew it now you just have to wait.

I'm genuinely excited about Kier taking on Bullshit Borris

Lame duck PM, frankly. Not 100 per cent certain the Tories will last till 2024. If they do, Kier will tear them a new one when the time comes. People are already sick of the Tories and Corbyn is the only reason theyre in power
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:05 am

UFGN wrote:
Callum wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/1305552766019006469?s=19

:clap:

Boris is a fraud.

Jesus I cant wait to get these f***ing tory c**** out of power. I'm so sick of their waffling shit

Then you better hope Kier's Labour don't act or repeat the same mistakes as Corbynite era Labour.

........... otherwise, 4 more years.

Personally I want to hear policies which are not hairbrained, no PC gibberish, no relying on getting votes by simply saying "But what about them .........." I want Labour to answer for their own ideas, I want to hear about what they plan to do.

Also by 2024 I'm assuming we'll be out of the EU so Kier better come with some expert planning for England post the EU separation.

If he does that he'll have a chance, but he needs to bring Labour back to some decent behaviour and forget about all this name shaming I see them doing on shows like Question Time, name shaming is not policies.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:44 am

UFGN wrote:I'm genuinely excited about Kier taking on Bullshit Borris

Lame duck PM, frankly. Not 100 per cent certain the Tories will last till 2024. If they do, Kier will tear them a new one when the time comes. People are already sick of the Tories and Corbyn is the only reason theyre in power

I also think Keir will be a much more persuasive leader than any Labour leader has been since Blair, in pre-planned debates like all lawyers he will have his facts straight, in straight head to heads like PMQ's my money would still be on bullshit Boris, but at least it will be a fight not a walkover. .

You're assessment of a lame duck PM is badly misplaced ... a common's majority of 80 is not lame duck ... you can claim all you want that people are "sick and tired" but as with Brexit and the last GE opinions mean nothing, it's votes that matter.

This isn't unsupported rhetoric it's backed up by yesterday's evidence - a hugely controversial bill that has been attacked by experts, media and the talking heads alike, yet Boris Johnson's controversial plan to override key elements of the Brexit deal he signed with Brussels has cleared its first Commons hurdle. Was it close? Did the sick and tired come into play ... the answer very loud and clear was NO

MPs voted to give the UK Internal Market Bill a second reading by 340 to 263 - a Government majority of 77.

There might be a smaller majority at future readings but don't be fooled the Tories are rock solidly in power, don't expect that to even waver that much before 2024.
Last edited by EliteKiller on Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 am

It's Keir*, lads. F*cking hell.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 am

Rumours are that boris is off in january anyway. Get us out with no deal and then f off when the sht hits the fan. Sounds about right
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:39 am

I don 't like Starmer. He has the air of a slimy salesman who'll do and say whatever he thinks people want to hear.

They should have given the leadership to Hilary Benn.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:05 am

Tony Adams wrote:Rumours are that boris is off in january anyway. Get us out with no deal and then f off when the sht hits the fan. Sounds about right

I doubt it.
IMO, he is doing exactly the right thing.
The EU deserve zero respect or consideration - they tried, through proxies in the UK Govt, courst and media - to undermine our democracy. Screw them.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:07 am

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I'm genuinely excited about Kier taking on Bullshit Borris

Lame duck? Seems to me the election made him anything but that. He broke the back of the attempt to undermine our country's vote to leave the EU. That, despite his ridiculous handling of the lockdowns in the UK, makes him good for the country - and the more he sh*ts on the EU the more he will be liked.
If he was such a lame duck as you claim, then he wouldn't have beeen able to force the Internal Market Bill through the commons.

As for Starmer, the country is not going to to put Blair 2.0 into office. We had enough of the war criminal Blair to make that mistake again.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:14 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/1305552766019006469?s=19

Who cares what bacon sandwich man thinks? He lost!

Didn't pay any attention to Milliband because I was too busy laughing at him - although I must admit, that clip is even funnier with the sound turned off.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:34 am

Think Ed would’ve been a great PM

Problem is when you’ve got all the Tory newspapers going for you, making the country believe you’re an idiot for eating a bacon sandwich, it’s not gonna end well

Though Boris Johnson who’s a professional bumbler and clown who has about 6 kids he doesn’t acknowledge gets away scott free

Funny that
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:37 am

Ed Miliband always reminded me of Victor Quartermaine.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:42 am

Sims wrote:Think Ed would’ve been a great PM

Problem is when you’ve got all the Tory newspapers going for you, making the country believe you’re an idiot for eating a bacon sandwich, it’s not gonna end well

Though Boris Johnson who’s a professional bumbler and clown who has about 6 kids he doesn’t acknowledge gets away scott free

Funny that

Exactly this. And the press is apparently biased against the tories
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 am

The harsh reality is that Labour need to be centre left at most to get any sort of foothold in the country again until the older generations start kicking the bucket - and I don’t mean to be disrespectful by that statement at all

I wasn’t a massive Corbyn fan but it was borderline delusional to think that a right wing country would swing to the left that far that quickly, it was just a massive waste of time and only solidified tories voters beliefs more - damaging labour’s chances over the long term

Having the young vote is fine, problem is that Labour completely lost the working class and the Tories capitalised on it. The biggest trick they’ve ever done is convincing the Conservatives is the party to elect if you want the working classes best interests at heart
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:54 am

Miliband is a wally. That's why he lost control of the Party. They could see he was un-electable. MInd you, the bloke they chose to replace him was even less so.

They're generally un-electable as a Party. It's why they've only held power for 13 of the last 41 years.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate