British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:15 pm

A lot of these historic allegations with no proof are outrageous really.

Anyone could say anything about anyone.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:50 pm

All this talk of striking a deal with the EU.

I fear Boris has forgotten that whatever deal he strikes, even if it’s a gold leaf one that’s studded with diamonds, it’ll get rejected by Parliament.

Every single deal that anyone puts in front of Parliament will get rejected.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:42 am

Phil71 wrote:All this talk of striking a deal with the EU.

I fear Boris has forgotten that whatever deal he strikes, even if it’s a gold leaf one that’s studded with diamonds, it’ll get rejected by Parliament.

I think he does need to try it at least once though and then if they do reject it, it again exposes them for what they are.

Unfortunately even though this is taking years, we do need to go through the process, last time it was done through a Remainer now its through Leave.

Next step if it doesn't work out is for Leave to offer the only thing they can ............ WTO.

Then let the people decide.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:12 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:All this talk of striking a deal with the EU.

I think he does need to try it at least once though and then if they do reject it, it again exposes them for what they are.

Unfortunately even though this is taking years, we do need to go through the process, last time it was done through a Remainer now its through Leave.

Next step if it doesn't work out is for Leave to offer the only thing they can ............ WTO.

Then let the people decide.

The Conservatives have no majority, and every other Party will whip their MPs to vote against whatever he presents.

That's if he gets an agreement with the EU. There are an increasing number of voices in Eastern and South Eastern Europe saying the deal should be done, but there's no doubt at all that the European Commission will use Republic of Ireland objections to any sort of border checks to reject his offer. Then he is bound by law to ask for an extension.

It's all a waste of everyone's time.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:14 pm

How many times when I've sighted slightly deranged Far Left ideology in the media has UFGN said "I never see any of this, you must be looking for it, no one listens to them so why are you?" and I've always argued they are effecting society and they and the media are stamping these idiotic ideas on people.

So why am I bringing this up? I just had to take a fkin diversity test at work.

But I thought they didn't affect society UFGN?

Makes me want to vomit.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:21 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:How many times when I've sighted slightly deranged Far Left ideology in the media has UFGN said "I never see any of this, you must be looking for it, no one listens to them so why are you?" and I've always argued they are effecting society and they and the media are stamping these idiotic ideas on people.

Makes me want to vomit.

Salty AF cos you failed?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:05 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:How many times when I've sighted slightly deranged Far Left ideology in the media has UFGN said "I never see any of this, you must be looking for it, no one listens to them so why are you?" and I've always argued they are effecting society and they and the media are stamping these idiotic ideas on people.

Makes me want to vomit.

Salty AF cos you failed?

I was born "diverse" does it really matter whether I failed or passed?

That's like trying to school an alcoholic on drinking ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Did you see the news today?

A representative of the British government in New Zealand apologised to a selected Maori delegation for Captain Cook's crew killing nine Maoris when Endeavour docked at Cape Poverty in 1769.

250 f***ing years ago!

Let it go for fucks sake.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Makes me want to vomit.

Salty AF cos you failed?

I was born "diverse" does it really matter whether I failed or passed?

That's like trying to school an alcoholic on drinking ffs.

Given my background Vs yours, based on what youve written on this forum, if you do ever want some schooling on such issues, come to this white boy and I'll explain to you exactly why simply being born mixed race doesn't give you a pass

Fairs?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:51 pm

UFGN wrote:Given my background Vs yours, based on what youve written on this forum, if you do ever want some schooling on such issues, come to this white boy and I'll explain to you exactly why simply being born mixed race doesn't give you a pass

Fairs?

What's next UFGN, are you going to teach a black man how to be black?

The arrogance of lefty whites is stunning, talk about "priviledge" guys similar to you are running around the world telling people how to live their lives, how to think and who are the victims of the week and who aren't.

I've even seen different groups arguing among each other about who are the bigger victims.

Feminists vs Transexuals was one for the ages that's for sure.

............ so tell me again how me the epitomy of diversity needs teaching from you on what it means to be diverse, I could do with a laugh.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:03 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Given my background Vs yours, based on what youve written on this forum, if you do ever want some schooling on such issues, come to this white boy and I'll explain to you exactly why simply being born mixed race doesn't give you a pass

Fairs?

What's next UFGN, are you going to teach a black man how to be black?

The arrogance of lefty whites is stunning, talk about "priviledge" guys similar to you are running around the world telling people how to live their lives, how to think and who are the victims of the week and who aren't.

I've even seen different groups arguing among each other about who are the bigger victims.

Feminists vs Transexuals was one for the ages that's for sure.

............ so tell me again how me the epitomy of diversity needs teaching from you on what it means to be diverse, I could do with a laugh.

Well diverse is one thing. You can be born diverse and whatever, but that doesn't make you qualified for shit.

You should first stop presuming that skin colour is somehow the silver bullet and "trumps" other kinds of diversity, be they cultural or whatever

To be qualified to call anyone privileged, youd have to first not to have operated as a criminal in your area, then run away, and from afar labeld it crime ridden and dangerous and (paraphrasing) a shithole

Then youd have to stop labeling someone who grew up in a worse area than you, poorer than you, and put back into the community you helped to trash, "privileged"

I guess thats your "black privilege" working overtime though hay? Your arrogance is breathtaking.
Last edited by UFGN on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:10 am

No part of me is black, you didn't grow up in a worse area than me and you probably weren't poorer than me growing up either.

So wrong on all counts ......... add to that being poor doesn't mean you know what it means to be diverse.

Again, I am diverse, you can't teach me sh*t.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:13 am

DiamondGooner wrote:No part of me is black, you didn't grow up in a worse area than me and you probably weren't poorer than me growing up either.

So wrong on all counts ......... add to that being poor doesn't mean you know what it means to be diverse.

Again, I am diverse, you can't teach me sh*t.

You wanna play poverty top trumps?

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 am

Wow this thread is poison, and now studied with racism and bigotry as well

Politics is fairly simple - you need to get enough people to vote for you so that you can implement your policies - doesn't matter if you're left, right, centre or monster raving loony if you can't win an election you can't do shit.

So we've just had the unbridled joy of watching two party leaders preaching to their most ardent followers ... could be any cult anywhere, frankly it's all pretty meaningless, they are just rallying their base and raising cash, so what's the real game?

For the Tories it's very simple, they believe Leaving the EU is a vote winner and will keep them in power or win them the next election - they have several goes at this

First make a Deal proposal to the EU - if the EU and Parliament accept it they are the Brexit heroes who won't need an election until 2022 - if the EU rejects it that's on the EU and they can call for a GE, go to the electorate claiming they are the only party that can deliver 'the will of the people' even when that turns out to be just 35% of the people they will still win a GE - so there is plan number 1 which is playing out as we speak.

Second make a Deal with the EU that as with all previous votes gets rejected by Parliament - if Parliament rejects any EU agreed Deal then that's on the Remainers again the Tories can call for a GE, go to the electorate claiming they are the only party that can deliver 'the will of the people' even when that turns out to be just 35% of the people they will still win a GE - so that's plan number 2 also under way.

Fail to agree a Deal with the EU and force through Leave on the 31st, which keeps them in power until 2022 - so that's plan number 3 which has been the default plan for six months.

Three plans all of which if successful would achieve their political aim of keeping the Tories in power.

On the other side of the fence you have the LibDems their plan is even simpler, they are Remain by any means and bollocks to all Leavers. Now whilst that may not be a GE majority winning position the political goal for the LibDems is to gain enough seats to become once again a relevant third force - the success for their plan would be to have enough seats to become the swing partner in a coalition.

The there is Labour 'sitting on the fence' their goal must be to win an election, but their plan is what? I guess it's to have a GE and get all the Remain but take a good Deal voters, and the Leave but only with a good Deal voters to come together behind Labour. To get enough seats to stop both Tory Leave and LibDem Remain, and to then enter into another round of negotiations with the EU.

The success of this plan would be a Labour majority at a GE, whilst that sounds plausible all the evidence says the UK electorate is done with Brexit, promising even more years of the same negotiating? However good your domestic policies might be if you can't first win an election you will never get to implement them.

Right now the Tories and the LibDems are winning ... Labour need to up their game or forever remain shouting in the corner.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:59 am

Phil71 wrote:Did you see the news today?

A representative of the British government in New Zealand apologised to a selected Maori delegation for Captain Cook's crew killing nine Maoris when Endeavour docked at Cape Poverty in 1769.

250 f***ing years ago!

Let it go for fucks sake.

An apology is always a good thing The Endevour for some Maori here in NZ is a symbol of takeover, although the Maori population was a tribal one with great tribal characters and wars (would actually make great movies). The European founders brought power not ever seen in the weapons.fast forward to the 1860's and the Maori wars were happening during this time the first known peaceful protests happened in a place called Parehaka Marea (Marea is Maori for meeting house) Parehaka was subsequently forcibly taken over by the colonial soldiers. Parehaka is historical for the fact it is one of the first known groups of people who continued to peacefully go about trying to change the forced takeover of tribes.
The Maori people have fought in every conflict on behalf of the crown since the treaty of Waitangi (the founding document signed by some tribes) which declared NZ a member of the crown.The Maori battalion is still held in the highest regard.
NZ as a country has fought in
Boer war
WW1
WW2
Malaysia
Korea
Vietnam
Faulklands
Afghanistan
Iraq
Gulf
Somalia
I think the fact that many Maori have fought and died for the crown, that a simple apology is not to much to ask
Kia Kaha
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate