British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 pm

UFGN wrote:
I don't think so.

If that was the case then remain and opposition MPs wouldn't have ratified the referendum result, but they mostly did.

They voted it for it because at the time May had a full mandate, the referendum result and won the election, two fkin votes to move ahead so MP's not voting for it would of been ousted by the public and the pressure was greater then.

Since then that pressure has been diluted down to nothing due to May giving a rousing Lancaster house speech then proceeded to sabotage her mandate with Chequers and now to here.

If Remainer's thought they could just about stomach democracy, May has since then given them all the excuse they need to say "Hold on I'm not voting for this crap".

I called this situation in this very thread 3 months ago.

Leave and Remain will reject it hoping to reclaim a mandate, the issue is Leave STILL haven't offered a plan and after JRM's performance on Channel 4 Brexit debate I can see clearly ............ THEY don't fkin have one.

It was a beautiful debate, for the first time since this sh*t show began the questions were finally asked.

JRM what would you do about the Irish border, proceeds with "waffle, waffle, waffle nobody wants a border so there doesn't have to be one waffle, waffle" then he was checked, WTO rules mean you DO have to have a border, he didn't have solid answer to what's one of the main issues meaning he doesn't have one.
I also don't want a deal with America if it means deregulation of quality on foods and goods, fk dealing with those skanks, I'd much rather deal with Europe, you only have to look at the attitude of the French toward food compared to America which is a pig fest of chemicals and crap, French only eat fresh and I've been there I know.

All JRM could say was "Its about trust, this is what 74% voted for" errh no JRM 74% voted for Leave to come up with a viable Brexit and you haven't and still haven't, Hard Brexit is fkin dead.

I'm just glad I FINALLY got to hear some answers on what Hard Brexit offers solutions wise, the result? very fkin little if any.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Watching parliament is akin to watching a monty python sketch atm.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Welp…

Parliament won't vote through PM's eu deal.
Government won't hold another referendum.
E.U won't re enter any negotiations .
Government won't hold another gen election.

Only one possible outcome then? No deal.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Her calling off this vote is a sure sign that she fears for her position.

Letting it go ahead and then going back to Brussels with a resounding defeat for the deal under her belt would have put her in a much better position to renegotiate.

She obviously fears being immediately challenged from within her own party if she lost the vote.

She's desperately trying to save her own position.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:27 pm

May's coming back with an adjustment on the legal language to show we won't be in the back stop indefinitely ............ although that still leaves all the leverage to the EU and they literally get to decide our future.

Although I'm happier that we've gone from a chaotic 4 different types of Brexit being touted down to two, Remain or May's deal.

Now we can get this over with, Brexiteers either need to get behind May's deal or they'll be floods of tears.

People are trying to say democracy will be thwarted but the only people who thwarted Brexit were the Leave MP's, you can't win a race if you don't even take part and they haven't, so I don't want to hear any crying from Leave, they had their chance and they blew it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:May's coming back with an adjustment on the legal language to show we won't be in the back stop indefinitely ............ although that still leaves all the leverage to the EU and they literally get to decide our future.

She can go back to the E.U with whatever language she wants. The E.U has said "there will be no new negotiations" earlier today.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:May's coming back with an adjustment on the legal language to show we won't be in the back stop indefinitely ............ although that still leaves all the leverage to the EU and they literally get to decide our future.

She can go back to the E.U with whatever language she wants. The E.U has said "there will be no new negotiations" earlier today.

27 member states all saying something and never all the same.

Fact is they will concede on the language because that's all she's asking for, this deal is good for them hence why they've agreed to it, they came up with half the sh*t in it so ignore what they're saying, their tough stance routine is getting old.

They're already lining up to pull our pants down on the final deal, Spain want Gibraltar, France want access to our fishing waters etc and they'll all threaten a veto if they don't get their own way.

Also don't forget if we walk away with No Deal they're just as screwed as our business is a big part of their income especially France and Germany, they'll also have to take in all the immigrants, something that would get them in real trouble with their voters.

No they'll offer something, watch this space.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:52 pm

I think May should just resign and recommend to The Queen that JRM take over as PM. In that situation, JRM could not refuse as he would not want to risk embarrassing The Queen by not turning up nor appear treasonous by saying no to HM. It would be a very Shakespearean way of doing it ("greatness thrust upon them" would come to mind if he pulled it off)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 am

Royal Gooner wrote:I think May should just resign and recommend to The Queen that JRM take over as PM. In that situation, JRM could not refuse as he would not want to risk embarrassing The Queen by not turning up nor appear treasonous by saying no to HM. It would be a very Shakespearean way of doing it ("greatness thrust upon them" would come to mind if he pulled it off)

But back in the real world JRM won't run for a reason.

Parliament hates him, he has his close admirers in the Con's and people respect him as a competent man but they don't like his polices one iota, he'd never command a majority in the House.

He'd never win over the public, about a quarter of the country would love him, the other quarter think he's a gifted politician but wouldn't trust him, the other half would hate him to Trump levels, he ticks every box an SJW would get triggered by.

Also after the C4 Brexit debate I've heard all I need to, if that's the plan (or lack of one) Leave has to offer then they've put May's deal in either 1st or 2nd place with Remain.

Leave is basically out of the race at this point, the only Leave on the table is May's deal.

The facts are this and anyone who wants a Hard Brexit better listen good.

No one in their right tiny little mind is going to support a WTO crash landing with no solution to Gibraltar, Ireland, no deal discussed with the EU like Canada deal or the like to replace the one we've got, no solution or current answer to the frictionless trade we now have and business expect, no answer on if we'd have to deregulate our goods standards to match bell ends like the US.

Worse than the above is that Leave aren't even offering a detailed plan ......... and its become obvious now its because they don't have one.

That part in the show where the Labour guy said to JRM if we were to replace Europe with an American deal we'd have to get deregulate our foods and product standards to match their's put me off no end, I'm not voting for or signing up to working with trash bags like the United States of America no fkin way.
Trying to flog us chemical foods that give you cancer etc fk that, Remain if that's all they have to offer, right now.

Starting to think maybe Europe have actually been the ones keeping us decent all these years, I know what European standards are like and they're higher than ours.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:39 am

Mission complete, as soon as Leave left the deal making up to a Remainer you had this coming, check mate.

Donald Tusk
I have decided to call #EUCO on #Brexit (Art. 50) on Thursday. We will not renegotiate the deal, including the backstop, but we are ready to discuss how to facilitate UK ratification. As time is running out, we will also discuss our preparedness for a no-deal scenario.

Remain or No deal, they've tested the waters, they've waited it out, they now know Parliament will NEVER allow No Deal.

Games up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:22 am

The time has come.

May faces confidence vote tonight

Bring on the Boris.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Bring on the Boris.

The f**k outta here.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 am

Strong and stable....
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am

Actually, thinking about it, I do hope it is Boris, just so that he can be exposed for the fraud that he is.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 am

Luzh 22 wrote:Actually, thinking about it, I do hope it is Boris, just so that he can be exposed for the fraud that he is.

I think everyone knows already actually

I'm not just saying this because I hate the Tories, but who have they got on their front bench? They all have no credibility left. It's just a question of pick a fool, any fool
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate