British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:39 am

Phil71 wrote:Did you see the news today?

A representative of the British government in New Zealand apologised to a selected Maori delegation for Captain Cook's crew killing nine Maoris when Endeavour docked at Cape Poverty in 1769.

250 f***ing years ago!

Let it go for fucks sake.

Pointless gesture politics and for all we know, it was self-defence.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:06 am

I think we should demand an apology from France for the Norman Conquest.

All those arrows flying about. They could have put someone's eye out.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 am

VCC wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Did you see the news today?

A representative of the British government in New Zealand apologised to a selected Maori delegation for Captain Cook's crew killing nine Maoris when Endeavour docked at Cape Poverty in 1769.

250 f***ing years ago!

Let it go for fucks sake.

An apology is always a good thing The Endevour for some Maori here in NZ is a symbol of takeover, although the Maori population was a tribal one with great tribal characters and wars (would actually make great movies). The European founders brought power not ever seen in the weapons.fast forward to the 1860's and the Maori wars were happening during this time the first known peaceful protests happened in a place called Parehaka Marea (Marea is Maori for meeting house) Parehaka was subsequently forcibly taken over by the colonial soldiers. Parehaka is historical for the fact it is one of the first known groups of people who continued to peacefully go about trying to change the forced takeover of tribes.
The Maori people have fought in every conflict on behalf of the crown since the treaty of Waitangi (the founding document signed by some tribes) which declared NZ a member of the crown.The Maori battalion is still held in the highest regard.
NZ as a country has fought in
Boer war
WW1
WW2
Malaysia
Korea
Vietnam
Faulklands
Afghanistan
Iraq
Gulf
Somalia
I think the fact that many Maori have fought and died for the crown, that a simple apology is not to much to ask
Kia Kaha

I'm sorry but its fkin meaningless.

Completely and utterly meaningless, if the Gov't actually made a tangible offer like the US Gov did by giving the Native Americans actual land then that's something but how do you clear murdering thousands and taking an entire country with .............. "Sorry" :dontknow:

Its demeaning if anything.

Our world is so fked right now its getting stupid, what bugs me the most is the hypocrisy.

These Gov't and companies don't actually give a crap, these apologies aren't genuine, its just statements given to bolster votes or look good to the press and please the placard wavers.

The Cancel culture think that by amassing all these online petitions and pressuring Gov'ts and companies into these apologies means they're accomplishing something by having them dance to their tune .......... but if they were really sorry then they'd give something power / Gov't office / land something!

Not ....... "I'll take the whole country and all the resources and you can have this "sorry" that I'm going to offer, fair deal?".

Its BS and not worth it.

I want an apology from Rome, Scandinavia, Germany, Normans and the Irish for stepping on these shores in anger or .......... we could all just grow the fk up?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Phil71 wrote:I think we should demand an apology from France for the Norman Conquest.

All those arrows flying about. They could have put someone's eye out.

That's too soon! We should be aiming for the Italians for the Roman invasion!

Building big walls across the northern English border seperating us from the impoverished scots who flood our country with haggis and deep fried mars bars, it's just not on!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:50 am

Pleased to see how grateful you are to the help you have had in conflict and would like to point out how you lot couldn't turn up for some of it speaks volumes really
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:26 am

VCC wrote:Pleased to see how grateful you are to the help you have had in conflict and would like to point out how you lot couldn't turn up for some of it speaks volumes really

A little humility curdles the blood of the right. It doesn't sit well with their precious patriotism. They dont understand how the two, (patriotism and humility) can sit happily together.

The same people who moan about this still sing songs about WW2 and shooting down German planes.

Me, I dont really care about an apology for a 250 year old crime, but it does no harm. The snowflakery is real from the Little Englishers though
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby VCC » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:54 am

UFGN wrote:
VCC wrote:Pleased to see how grateful you are to the help you have had in conflict and would like to point out how you lot couldn't turn up for some of it speaks volumes really

A little humility curdles the blood of the right. It doesn't sit well with their precious patriotism. They dont understand how the two, (patriotism and humility) can sit happily together.

The same people who moan about this still sing songs about WW2 and shooting down German planes.

Me, I dont really care about an apology for a 250 year old crime, but it does no harm. The snowflakery is real from the Little Englishers though

Ufgn I 100% agree
I am a NZdr of Maori decent I dont care about an apology either, i was merely explaining why some tribes want one,
And in the context as of the loss NZ has made it's a 30 second gesture.
No big deal really and I wasn't the one that brought it up originally,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:17 am

You completely missed the point.

I was saying rather than an empty, worthless and barely genuine apology ............

The Maori, if they really are sorry, should get something a lot more tangible, that the community can actually benefit from, land, a Gov't position, money, whatever, something you can touch or use rather than words.

Like I said, them taking all your land and resources and all you get is a "sorry" is just a tad uneven.

As for UFGN why the fk are you piping up again, not even understanding the point being made you half wit?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:24 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

I was saying rather than an empty, worthless and barely genuine apology ............

The Maori, if they really are sorry, should get something a lot more tangible, that the community can actually benefit from, land, a Gov't position, money, whatever, something you can touch or use rather than words.

Like I said, them taking all your land and resources and all you get is a "sorry" is just a tad uneven.

As for UFGN why the fk are you piping up again, not even understanding the point being made you half wit?

I think I'll pipe up when I like, about what I like, from whichever context I like, and if you dont like it you can STFU or log off
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby VCC » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:41 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

I understand what you're point was DG and the government here has set up land based claims for tribes, but as the treaty was never signed by all tribes some feel the need for this to happen. NZ is still working through treaty claims
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:41 am

UFGN wrote:

The left love a bit of hyperbolic generalisation.

It's in their blood.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:49 am

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

It's in their blood.

They decide all this from their Internet cafes in some gentrified part of London sitting around a table outside pretending their in trendy Paris even though the weather is constantly reminding them their not.

Its a shame they've literally invaded so much of our media that we're forced to hear their BS on a daily basis.

Take the film I'm going to watch tonight "Joker" was loved at the film festival but when I went to read the reviews the Snowflakes are trying to pan it, not because the film is bad ............ but simply because they think it will incite "Incels" to violence.

Do they really have to make everything political? its like Dave Chappelles new Netflix comedy "Sticks n Stones" hilarious but panned by Snowflakes yet on Rotten Tomatoes the audience score is like 99%.

The same will happen with Joker, 69% from critics, audience reviews are at 90%.

Film reviews are just film reviews but it gives a very real glimpse between the divide between the people and these media fk tards who "think" they speak for the people just because they have a few 100,000 Twitter followers.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:27 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

It's in their blood.

They decide all this from their Internet cafes in some gentrified part of London sitting around a table outside pretending their in trendy Paris even though the weather is constantly reminding them their not.

Its a shame they've literally invaded so much of our media that we're forced to hear their BS on a daily basis.

Take the film I'm going to watch tonight "Joker" was loved at the film festival but when I went to read the reviews the Snowflakes are trying to pan it, not because the film is bad ............ but simply because they think it will incite "Incels" to violence.

Do they really have to make everything political? its like Dave Chappelles new Netflix comedy "Sticks n Stones" hilarious but panned by Snowflakes yet on Rotten Tomatoes the audience score is like 99%.

The same will happen with Joker, 69% from critics, audience reviews are at 90%.

Film reviews are just film reviews but it gives a very real glimpse between the divide between the people and these media fk tards who "think" they speak for the people just because they have a few 100,000 Twitter followers.

Your constant rage over the left makes me chuckle

You realise youre the biggest snowflake on here right? Triggered by diplomatic apologies, film reviews, transexuals using toilets (that was a three day long meltdown iirc) ......and...... a chair.

Meanwhile, lets do a little fact checking...... most of the media is owned by right wing people, internet cafes dont exist anymore because it isn't 2004, and the weather in Paris is usually worse than London

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:03 pm

UFGN wrote:Your constant rage over the left makes me chuckle

You realise youre the biggest snowflake on here right? Triggered by diplomatic apologies, film reviews, transexuals using toilets (that was a three day long meltdown iirc) ......and...... a chair.

Meanwhile, lets do a little fact checking...... most of the media is owned by right wing people, internet cafes dont exist anymore because it isn't 2004, and the weather in Paris is usually worse than London

I don't like fake or hypocrisy, can't stand it, I'm not a fake person so it rubs me the wrong way.

The diplomatic apology if that's what the Maori want then sure, but I would rather if the state was actually sorry to give them something more beneficial, if you think that real gesture over a fake one is a "problem" then carry on.

You see your happy with the fake outrage and fake gestures, I'm not.

The Chair thing is just insanity, just highlighting what your mates get up to, half of them should be on medication.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Your constant rage over the left makes me chuckle

I don't like fake or hypocrisy, can't stand it, I'm not a fake person so it rubs me the wrong way.

The diplomatic apology if that's what the Maori want then sure, but I would rather if the state was actually sorry to give them something more beneficial, if you think that real gesture over a fake one is a "problem" then carry on.

You see your happy with the fake outrage and fake gestures, I'm not.

The Chair thing is just insanity, just highlighting what your mates get up to, half of them should be on medication.

You dont like fake or hypocrisy, ok

You support right wing fakery and hypocrisy at every opportunity, just as long as you think its going to wind up the Left. Oh yes you have.

Youve also laughed along with White Supremacist Trump. Youve banged the drum for Bullingdon Club thug Boris, both as fake as the day is long.

Which in itself is hypocrisy and fakery from you is it not?

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate