British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:30 pm

The chipping away at workers' rights begins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50199309
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:56 pm

UFGN wrote:The chipping away at workers' rights begins

Yet nothing has been enforced for you to judge as a backward step to workers rights and its completely reversable by the people voting in a Labour Gov't to change it.

Your sounding like a Guardian scare monger headline.

That word change means nothing compared to what actually gets put into place.

Appropriate and adequte are both open to interpretation in the fkin first place, get a grip man.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Yet nothing has been enforced for you to judge as a backward step to workers rights and its completely reversable by the people voting in a Labour Gov't to change it.

Appropriate and adequte are both open to interpretation in the fkin first place, get a grip man.

Every single time I highlight a problem you start on about the guardian

Every single f***ing time

Stfu, youre cringeworthy.

Its you who needs to get a grip. You claim to be undecided but all you do is roll out boiler plate anti left wing catch phrases and ignore everything that paints brexit in a negative light

Unless its something you can claim credit for predicting you couldn't give a shit. Thats the truth.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:29 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Its you who needs to get a grip. You claim to be undecided but all you do is roll out boiler plate anti left wing catch phrases and ignore everything that paints brexit in a negative light

Unless its something you can claim credit for predicting you couldn't give a shit. Thats the truth.

I'll make this easy for you.

Prove to me workers rights are or will be worse? no? then stfu and get an early night.

You wonder why I dig out your fake scenario headlines is because your taking something which is nothing and trying to prove an outcome.

As I said both words are subjective in the first place, and yes, if your going to use empty slogans to paint a bleak picture then I'm going to call you out on it.

I'm sick of it from sides, not just the Left but the Left are going crazy with it atm.

Point is this proves nothing, I'm not even saying it won't amount to something ......... what I'm saying is as of this moment, it means fk all, the only thing that matters is what they implement and as of now you don't know what that is!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I'll make this easy for you.

Prove to me workers rights are or will be worse? no? then stfu and get an early night.

You wonder why I dig out your fake scenario headlines is because your taking something which is nothing and trying to prove an outcome.

As I said both words are subjective in the first place, and yes, if your going to use empty slogans to paint a bleak picture then I'm going to call you out on it.

I'm sick of it from sides, not just the Left but the Left are going crazy with it atm.

Point is this proves nothing, I'm not even saying it won't amount to something ......... what I'm saying is as of this moment, it means fk all, the only thing that matters is what they implement and as of now you don't know what that is!

I'll make this easy for you

We aren't all so stupid that we need to literally see writing on the wall before we see the writing on the wall.

Not like you throwing a hissy over the snoopers charter when it actually happened, when it had been in the pipeline for two fuckin years, and then implemented by someone who you went on to back as prime minister

This is that all over again. You wont accept it until it actually happens because its not convenient for you.

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:01 pm

This rigmarole is going to stretch way beyond the end of January.

The proposal by the Lib Dem / SNP alliance to amend the FTPA will probably succeed this week, thus easily allowing for a GE by early December. It's a huge gamble by the Alliance, as although it could result in a hung parliament, it could just as easily result in a big Conservative majority - a huge one even, if the Brexit Party agree on a non-aggression pact with the Torys in Con/Lab marginal seats.

One thing is for sure though - Labour will lose big time. I think they'll lose a lot of votes to just about everyone, and as a result they could lose about 80 seats to the Cons & Lib Dems.

If it's a Conservative majority of any sort, I think Johnson's deal will get passed. If it's a Hung Parliament, I foresee a people's vote - and that's when the delay will really start. The last referendum took about nine months to organise - and that's when it was a straightforward IN/OUT choice. This time there'll be weeks and months of additional discussions and arguments about what the choices would be.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Phil71 wrote:This rigmarole is going to stretch way beyond the end of January.

The proposal by the Lib Dem / SNP alliance to amend the FTPA will probably succeed this week, thus easily allowing for a GE by early December. It's a huge gamble by the Alliance, as although it could result in a hung parliament, it could just as easily result in a big Conservative majority - a huge one even, if the Brexit Party agree on a non-aggression pact with the Torys in Con/Lab marginal seats.

One thing is for sure though - Labour will lose big time. I think they'll lose a lot of votes to just about everyone, and as a result they could lose about 80 seats to the Cons & Lib Dems.

If it's a Conservative majority of any sort, I think Johnson's deal will get passed. If it's a Hung Parliament, I foresee a people's vote - and that's when the delay will really start. The last referendum took about nine months to organise - and that's when it was a straightforward IN/OUT choice. This time there'll be weeks and months of additional discussions and arguments about what the choices would be.

You'd think Labour will suffer however remember who their core voters are ......................

They're too stupid to think laterally, I remember growing up in a Labour area and believe me, the inhabitants were far from deep thinkers, just ignorant and want hand outs, I mean for gods sake they could at least entertain the Lib Dems, Labour have literally become an irrelevant party in all this, fkin embarrassing.

Where the Con's will do well is if Brexit party supporters jump on board however, curiously ............... Farage has turned into a No Deal or Nothing guy which is a curious position to take.

We def need the GE though, something has to give.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

You'd think Labour will suffer however remember who their core voters are ......................

They're too stupid to think laterally, I remember growing up in a Labour area and believe me, the inhabitants were far from deep thinkers, just ignorant and want hand outs, I mean for gods sake they could at least entertain the Lib Dems, Labour have literally become an irrelevant party in all this, fkin embarrassing.

Where the Con's will do well is if Brexit party supporters jump on board however, curiously ............... Farage has turned into a No Deal or Nothing guy which is a curious position to take.

Despite what some of our leftie liberal friends might have us believe, a huge number of core Labour voters are also Leave voters. It's why Labour has never completely sided with the other Parties who have nailed the Remain colours to their masts. But neither have they completely put their feet in the Leave camp - and that middle of the road muddled approach is why they'll lose massively to the Parties who are more committed to their policies.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:39 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Despite what some of our leftie liberal friends might have us believe, a huge number of core Labour voters are also Leave voters. It's why Labour has never completely sided with the other Parties who have nailed the Remain colours to their masts. But neither have they completely put their feet in the Leave camp - and that middle of the road muddled approach is why they'll lose massively to the Parties who are more committed to their policies.

Here's hoping.

I think both the deal or Remain are both feasible options, they should have a chance to be pitted against each other in debate, Pro's and Cons and let the public decide, whether that be via GE or Referendum, either way.

........... for those saying a GE is a multi layered vote well you can blame Labour for that, they aren't siding with Remain and the Con's aren't going to give away the shred of mandate they still have so, GE seems to be the only thing that will pass in Parliament.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:07 pm

FFS sake stop pissing around and accept the offer for a 9th december election and just do it. Johnson coming back for another go at the 12th is pissing about just like Corbyn.

Edit: Seems this route is ammendable and only just needs a simple majority so it can hopefully come to something which can get majority support. Lets hope it does.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:30 pm

For the majority of universities, the term ends between the 10th and 13th December. Johnson wants the 12th because by then a big chunk of 18-25 year olds will be outside the constituencies in which they are registered to vote - thus knocking a load of Labour & Liberal voters out of the game.

Of course they could do a postal vote, but most won't bother.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:48 pm

NHS drugs bill would go up from £18 billion to £45 billion under the terms of the US trade deal if pharmacuetical compamies get their way. That is how they will do it, say they will save the NHS but set up a situation where it simply cannot function financially any more forcing in privatisation. "So sorry, we tried and didn't mean for this to happen" will be the cry but it is all a slow set up which started at the beginning of Camerons reign.

Thank heavens for channel 4, I hope everyone, whatever their view on Brexit, takes note on what they uncovered. I notice Corbyn name dropped the program in teh commons today, these findings may be the only fuel he has left for his flailing campaign.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:26 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:NHS drugs bill would go up from £18 billion to £45 billion under the terms of the US trade deal if pharmacuetical compamies get their way. That is how they will do it, say they will save the NHS but set up a situation where it simply cannot function financially any more forcing in privatisation. "So sorry, we tried and didn't mean for this to happen" will be the cry but it is all a slow set up which started at the beginning of Camerons reign.

Thank heavens for channel 4, I hope everyone, whatever their view on Brexit, takes note on what they uncovered. I notice Corbyn name dropped the program in teh commons today, these findings may be the only fuel he has left for his flailing campaign.

But but but "we send the EU £350 Million a week, lets fund our NHS instead"

Thats what the Boris bus said

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate