British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:57 pm

UFGN wrote:Its clearly not only about chicken and the point is that food originating from anywhere in the EU is the same relatively high standard

Except that's bollocks you simply can't know 100% where your food originates ... a product labelled made in Europe could quite legally today be comprised of 90% ingredients from outside of Europe, and indeed many of them are. The supposed food kings France are the country who don't want origin labeling, that's because half the food you probably think is high quality French origin, is actually made out of cheap imported shit from all over the world, it's simple been re-packaged in France. Remember the horse meat from Turkey, sold in the UK, labelled as beef from France, well alongside that was hundreds of tonnes of actual beef from Turkey processed and packaged as Made in France and then sold in the UK ... that was perfectly legal, and until 2020 it still is.

France is one of the World's largest perfume exporters - you know all those fancy brands - but perfume is made from oils like castor which comes from beavers, musk from male deer, and ambergris from the sperm whale. Animal substances are often used as fixatives that enable perfume to evaporate slowly and emit odors longer. Other fixatives include coal tar, mosses, resins ... nearly 90% of all these are imported into France ...

Yet every single box and bottle of perfume screams "Made in France" it's one massive con-job ...

Food is no different, Europe produces just 65% of the total volume of food it uses, that leaves 35% coming from imports ... how can you guarantee quality when a third of your food comes from who knows where?

Imports of food into the EU from countries located outside the EU came mainly from Brazil (€9 billion, or 9% of total extra-EU food imports), the United States (€7 billion, 7%) and Norway (€6.8 billion, 7%), followed by Argentina (€5.4 billion, 5%), China (€4.8 billion, 5%) and Turkey (€4.5 billion, 4%).

Norway and Turkey do fine with food in Europe but not in the EU .... but supposedly Britain on food will be f***ked after Brexit ... why?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:51 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:Its clearly not only about chicken and the point is that food originating from anywhere in the EU is the same relatively high standard

Except that's bollocks you simply can't know 100% where your food originates ... a product labelled made in Europe could quite legally today be comprised of 90% ingredients from outside of Europe, and indeed many of them are. The supposed food kings France are the country who don't want origin labeling, that's because half the food you probably think is high quality French origin, is actually made out of cheap imported shit from all over the world, it's simple been re-packaged in France. Remember the horse meat from Turkey, sold in the UK, labelled as beef from France, well alongside that was hundreds of tonnes of actual beef from Turkey processed and packaged as Made in France and then sold in the UK ... that was perfectly legal, and until 2020 it still is.

France is one of the World's largest perfume exporters - you know all those fancy brands - but perfume is made from oils like castor which comes from beavers, musk from male deer, and ambergris from the sperm whale. Animal substances are often used as fixatives that enable perfume to evaporate slowly and emit odors longer. Other fixatives include coal tar, mosses, resins ... nearly 90% of all these are imported into France ...

Yet every single box and bottle of perfume screams "Made in France" it's one massive con-job ...

Food is no different, Europe produces just 65% of the total volume of food it uses, that leaves 35% coming from imports ... how can you guarantee quality when a third of your food comes from who knows where?

Imports of food into the EU from countries located outside the EU came mainly from Brazil (€9 billion, or 9% of total extra-EU food imports), the United States (€7 billion, 7%) and Norway (€6.8 billion, 7%), followed by Argentina (€5.4 billion, 5%), China (€4.8 billion, 5%) and Turkey (€4.5 billion, 4%).

Norway and Turkey do fine with food in Europe but not in the EU .... but supposedly Britain on food will be f***ked after Brexit ... why?

You literally just said yourself that this loophole will be fixed within one year
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Phil71 wrote:So to continue the Labour anti-Semitism issue:- the candidate they have put forward for the Peterborough by Election this Thursday has a recent history of saying the Prime Minister is 'controlled by Zionist slave masters', and agreed with Twitter posts which said Isis was created by Mossad.

Lovely.

If Crazy comrade Corbyn had any backbone, he'd say that anyone who says anything anti-semitic is out. No questions. Just like Farage did with UKIP for anyone who joined up who was previously a member of the BNP, EDL etc. But he doesn't want to because he knows it will upset his friends in Hamas.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:46 pm

UFGN wrote:We'll end up where only the well off can afford un-fucked with food

Explain to me in what world its desirable to treat chicken with f***ing chlorine? A meat that is already cheap and abundant?

In a post apocalyptic world where food is scarce, roll that shit out. Id eat it happily. But we're not there are we.

When War Monger John Bolton says he looks forward to Britain having less regulations, we know what he means. He means less rights and lower standards across the board whether that be for workers or animals, for environment or safety

f**k him.

Support the EU, not the US

The same world where drinking water is treated with chlorine?

"Support the EU, not the US"

Por qué no los dos?

Regulations between the US and the EU differ, and we're stricter in some areas (like emissions standards) just like the EU is better in others (like food production).

For example, it was the US who caught Volkswagen cheating emissions standards whereas they were compliant via EU standards iirc.

As the top two economies in the world, it's better if we work together than separately.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:10 pm

We’ll end up with American chlorinated chicken whether we leave the EU or not.

Behind the scenes moves as a result of The Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) have eroded the power of the EU regulators in recent years. TTIP gives big business on both sides of the Atlantic a say in what the regulators can and can’t implement.

It goes under the guise of ‘Regulatory cooperation’, but in reality it’s a method for big business and the politicians they have in their pocket to veto anything that might have a negative impact on trade.

What we will eventually see is a scenario where the EU regulators have to run all of their ideas past the US government before they can implement them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:18 pm

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:We'll end up where only the well off can afford un-fucked with food

Explain to me in what world its desirable to treat chicken with f***ing chlorine? A meat that is already cheap and abundant?

In a post apocalyptic world where food is scarce, roll that shit out. Id eat it happily. But we're not there are we.

When War Monger John Bolton says he looks forward to Britain having less regulations, we know what he means. He means less rights and lower standards across the board whether that be for workers or animals, for environment or safety

f**k him.

Support the EU, not the US

The same world where drinking water is treated with chlorine?

"Support the EU, not the US"

Por qué no los dos?

Regulations between the US and the EU differ, and we're stricter in some areas (like emissions standards) just like the EU is better in others (like food production).

For example, it was the US who caught Volkswagen cheating emissions standards whereas they were compliant via EU standards iirc.

As the top two economies in the world, it's better if we work together than separately.

The level of chlorine in tap water is very low in England and Wales which contrasts very favourably with practices in other countries where much higher levels are common.

From Wikipedia

Sorry I don't buy it

I don't want American companies involved with the NHS

I don't want any slide toward American work culture

I don't want slack American food standards
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:01 pm

I drink Evian not tap water and I've stopped buying Supermarket chicken due to plumping.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:57 pm

UFGN wrote:You literally just said yourself that this loophole will be fixed within one year

No I didn't, I pointed you at the EU proposal ... the EU has agreed to adopt a labeling of origin protocol from 2020 however go read the details and you'll find they are going to allow a two year 'change over' period ... so now it's already three years out ... they will exempt certain processes and products ... France have already put forward a list as long as your arm including - processed meats - cosmetics - wine (wtf do they add to wine?) and literally thousands more items.

You and I and everyone else, know this is standard EU smoke and mirrors, if they do finally bring in the legislation nearly everything will be exempted ... you can be sure we still won't have a clue what we're eating, we will just think we do ... despite what project fear would have you believe, the EU is about as good at defending food standards as Kroenke is at parting with his cash

Having the UK food standards back under the FSA will be a huge step forward .... can't understand why that's even up for debate
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:07 pm

UFGN wrote:I don't want American companies involved with the NHS

Then you're going to have to move ... or better yet ignore daft scare stories

What are "American Companies" if you're talking big Pharma - Pfizer, Roche, Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson ... whilst US tax based all these companies have a global presence, your 20th century "American Co" tag is just misunderstanding global business ... block them in the UK and your local Boots would lose 60% of it's stock .... as indeed would all NHS hospitals .... think that's a good idea?

American Work Value - did you just make that up? what does that even mean?

American Food Standards - you do know that we don't fall under the FDA we have the FSA in charge of UK food standards, when has anyone in any party ever even suggested that will change?

Why not just head your posts "Project Fear" .... your getting worse, or more desperate, with your unsupported scare tactics ....
Last edited by EliteKiller on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:14 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:You literally just said yourself that this loophole will be fixed within one year

No I didn't, I pointed you at the EU proposal ... the EU has agreed to adopt a labeling of origin protocol from 2020 however go read the details and you'll find they are going to allow a two year 'change over' period ... so now it's already three years out ... they will exempt certain processes and products ... France have already put forward a list as long as your arm including - processed meats - cosmetics - wine (wtf do they add to wine?) and literally thousands more items.

You and I and everyone else, know this is standard EU smoke and mirrors, if they do finally bring in the legislation nearly everything will be exempted ... you can be sure we still won't have a clue what we're eating, we will just think we do ... despite what project fear would have you believe, the EU is about as good at defending food standards as Kroenke is at parting with his cash

Having the UK food standards back under the FSA will be a huge step forward .... can't understand why that's even up for debate

Because just like our fisheries, national rail, NHS etc. These c**** will eventually sell off standards and practices to bend over for your American heroes of industry.

I'm actually startled that you think we would somehow be better off bending over for the US when you can easily see how little they care about their own population over big business

50% of Americans have a serious medical condition, many have health insurance that cant cover common serious condition premiums or no insurance at all, are amazed at the concept of maternity/paternity leave etc. I'm really not sure why you think you can trust conservatives to actually look after our standards etc when they've consistently shown just how hungry they are to destroy our institutions and sell them off to the highest bidders.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:19 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:I don't want American companies involved with the NHS

Then you're going to have to move ...

What are "American Companies" if you're talking big Pharma - Pfizer, Roche, Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson ... whilst US tax based all these companies have a global presence, your 20th century "American Co" tag is just misunderstanding global business ... block them in the UK and your local Boots would lose 60% of it's stock .... as indeed would all NHS hospitals .... think that's a good idea?

American Work Value - did you just make that up? what does that even mean?

American Food Standards - you do know that we don't fall under the FDA we have the FSA in charge of UK food standards, when has anyone in any party ever even suggested that will change?

Why not just head your posts "Project Fear" .... your getting worse, or more desperate, with your unsupported scare tactics ....

We will get 350m a week for the NHS, why not Brexit?

Lol absolutely no one is thinking of a no deal Brexit, that's madness.

We want more police teachers and nurses

We will focus on mental health services

We will be swimming in trade deals, itll be a piece of cake

Project bullshit has been in full swing for years but somehow you've missed all of that.

Re American businesses, when they pedal their wares over here, they have to abide by our f***ing rules. Brexit happens and priminister Farage/Johnson etc. Arent going to amend rules to suit American big business and line their pockets in the process?

Do you honestly believe this?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Zedie wrote:Because just like our fisheries, national rail, NHS etc. These c*** will eventually sell off standards and practices to bend over for your American heroes of industry.

I'm actually startled that you think we would somehow be better off bending over for the US when you can easily see how little they care about their own population over big business

50% of Americans have a serious medical condition, many have health insurance that cant cover common serious condition premiums or no insurance at all, are amazed at the concept of maternity/paternity leave etc. I'm really not sure why you think you can trust conservatives to actually look after our standards etc when they've consistently shown just how hungry they are to destroy our institutions and sell them off to the highest bidders.

What are you talking about? I can't fathom the 19th century thinking on this site ....

Who are "American heroes of industry" ... there are no US Companies ruling the World much as they would like to claim they are. Today's big companies are global they are owned by shareholders of which the US makes up the largest part but nowhere near a majority, if US regulations didn't suit large companies they'd all set up somewhere else (they do now) ... it's like saying BP is British or Heineken is Dutch ... as far as registration goes you'd be right, however both operate 90% of their business in other countries applying those countries rules and regulations. If UK or Dutch corporate law didn't work for them do you think they'd stay?

Same goes for any global company ... no US based company can come to the UK and say "we're going to apply US rules and standards" they simply can't do that, if you operate in the UK you have to apply UK rules and standards ... one of the key drivers of Brexit is that the UK wants to regain control of setting those standards, not have the EU dictate them ...

You assumption that standards will go down? that's based on what? apart from fear?

How does 50% of Americans being ill have any bearing on the UK leaving Europe? Healthy standards are terrible in some EU Countries and very good in others EU countries there is no overall level within the EU ... so why would Leaving/Staying impact the UK when it clearly makes no difference now?

FYI - Best healthcare in Europe? one of the top countries is Switzerland, not in the EU and offering a universal healthcare system where every citizen is required to have health insurance to cover their costs, this has led to excellent standards. Healthcare in Switzerland is not provided by the state free of charge, however as everyone is obliged to take out private insurance they are guaranteed excellent service. All medical treatment costs are covered along with hospitalization and the insured individual can choose any provider that they like to handle their care. Switzerland also has more nurses per head, and is ranked as Europe’s second best healthcare system - how does that fit into your disaster scenario?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 pm

EK that is because Switzerland hold a different standard and allow for competitive pricing.

That is not the case with the US not all Private models are equal, in the US the model is to exclude or ramp up prices based on previous disclosures and try to get out of claims ........ like all your average Insurance companies do .
They also have no decent price cap for medicine and treatment and pump that sh*t out like their selling crack for profit.
Go have a look at the cost of prescription medication in the US compared to England.
The American Medical companies have had trials and inquests where Heads of Department Dr's have broken down on the stand admitting to withholding treatment that could of saved lives all because they wanted to save money for their higher ups.

In Switzerland if that happened and it was proved they'd be thrown in jail, the middle class as in Germany hold a lot of power in that country and with it hold the Gov't to account for standards of living.
In America its corrupt to hell and back and a completely different ball game.

Don't compare the two, its a false equivalent.

Corruption in America is on criminal levels compared to other civilised countries, they poisoned Flint Michigan's populaces water just for profit affecting children and all sorts ........... the response? they flew in Obama to peddle lies and try to calm the masses and the absolute c*nt did it.

I've seen the footage, its one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen from a politician.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:35 am

DiamondGooner wrote:EK that is because Switzerland hold a different standard and allow for competitive pricing.

That is not the case with the US not all Private models are equal, in the US the model is to exclude or ramp up prices based on previous disclosures and try to get out of claims ........ like all your average Insurance companies do .
They also have no decent price cap for medicine and treatment and pump that sh*t out like their selling crack for profit.
Go have a look at the cost of prescription medication in the US compared to England.
The American Medical companies have had trials and inquests where Heads of Department Dr's have broken down on the stand admitting to withholding treatment that could of saved lives all because they wanted to save money for their higher ups.

In Switzerland if that happened and it was proved they'd be thrown in jail, the middle class as in Germany hold a lot of power in that country and with it hold the Gov't to account for standards of living.
In America its corrupt to hell and back and a completely different ball game.

Don't compare the two, its a false equivalent.

Corruption in America is on criminal levels compared to other civilised countries, they poisoned Flint Michigan's populaces water just for profit affecting children and all sorts ........... the response? they flew in Obama to peddle lies and try to calm the masses and the absolute c*nt did it.

I've seen the footage, its one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen from a politician.

DG I'm 100% in agreement with you ... the US system is a feckin' disaster all of their own making ... many doctor's spend 50% of their time sourcing medical equipment and supplies, it's more important than patients in keeping a practice viable. That's just beyond stupid ...

A well regulated system where Big Pharma can't gouge, bribe, intimidate doctors and where insurance is based on the lowest cost not the most companies can screw out of individuals ... then it works ... Obama's scheme "Obamacare" achieved none of that, if anything it gave Big Pharma even more power, maybe not what he intended but certainly what happened.

If the UK ever followed the US model our politicians would need stringing up, however moving away from a state funded pension / insurance culture to an individually funded insurance cover - the Swiss model - that could makes a lot of sense, it should at least be considered. The FEAR that Brexit will somehow lead to the collapse of UK health? that's based on what?

None of this is relevant to Brexit ... we can do what we want with regard to UK medical cover, it's not under EU's oversight just yet, so Leave or Remain the NHS or indeed it's Replacement will remain under UK Government control ... to claim anything else is just more smoke and mirrors
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:54 am

EK there isn't going to be a replacement for the NHS

Im afraid your latest right wing wank fest, this time hankering after a private healthcare system, isn't going to happen

What I want is in house services within the NHS. Less private clinics, not more. Less private outsourcing of services full stop. Your attitude is, its already shit, so if you throw even more corporates into the mix what does it matter? Frankly your attitude stinks.

I don't want a race to the bottom.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate