British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm

UFGN wrote:Far right thug Jack Renshaw jailed for life for plotting to murder a Labour MP and a police officer

Bit creepy, I own that exact same blade that he bought to use on the MP.

Its a replica of a Roman Glaudius bought from Coldsteel online.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-48306380

Ahhh but he's not the historical buff I am as ............

"The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said it presented evidence that persuaded Renshaw to plead guilty, including online research on cutting the jugular artery and how long it would take someone to die from the wound."

If Renshaw knew anything about a Glaudius he'd know its not for "cutting the jugular" its a stabbing weapon hence the thick tip, you stab someone in the mid section and their toast.......... that's how the Romans used them and that's what they were designed for.

Amateur.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Far right thug Jack Renshaw jailed for life for plotting to murder a Labour MP and a police officer

Not sure why you'd want that in your house
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Two reasons.

One it was a cheap replica of a famous historical weapon and I study history, I also own a Bow etc.

............. and two, how I grew up, being able to defend yourself was pretty mandatory for me, I won't go into further detail than that other than its a habit that's stuck with me.

Like an old saying "I'd rather have a gun and not need it, than need one and not have one".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri May 17, 2019 2:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Two reasons.

One it was a cheap replica of a famous historical weapon and I study history, I also own a Bow etc.

............. and two, how I grew up, being able to defend yourself was pretty mandatory for me, I won't go into further detail than that other than its a habit that's stuck with me.

Like an old saying "I'd rather have a gun and not need it, than need one and not have one".

Get rid of it

Its pure negativity. Youre not a teenager. Also if you ever used it to defend yourself you'd be on the back foot legally straight away.

There are smarter and more legal ways to defend your home if the need ever arises
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 17, 2019 3:20 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Two reasons.

Get rid of it

Its pure negativity. Youre not a teenager. Also if you ever used it to defend yourself you'd be on the back foot legally straight away.

There are smarter and more legal ways to defend your home if the need ever arises

I appreciate the sentiment but no thanks.

I've had someone pull a knife on me before right outside where I lived and the situation went my way, one because it was a "Crocodile Dundee" moment and size matters and two because I showed him forcefully why he just made a big mistake despite him trying to play the "I'm crazy!" card.

I'm not the victim type and I'll never be, I've seen what happens to those that are many times and its not pretty.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:01 pm

A significant number of people who die from knife wounds get stabbed with their own knife.

If anyone is thinking about using any sort of weapon, they’d better be really confident that their opponent won’t be able to get it off them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 am

Significant number of idiots who carry a knife suffer injury when the get in a fight ... not sure on the exact statistic now but it used to be that you are eight times more likely to suffer serious injury or death when armed than when unarmed ... so carrying a weapon is about as stupid and unsafe as you can get ... but why let the facts spoil a good 'penis measuring' opportunity.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 am

EliteKiller wrote:Significant number of idiots who carry a knife suffer injury when the get in a fight ... not sure on the exact statistic now but it used to be that you are eight times more likely to suffer serious injury or death when armed than when unarmed ... so carrying a weapon is about as stupid and unsafe as you can get ... but why let the facts spoil a good 'penis measuring' opportunity.

The sort of people who carry knives aren't listening to your statistics so I'm not sure who your preaching to?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sat May 18, 2019 6:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Significant number of idiots who carry a knife suffer injury when the get in a fight ... not sure on the exact statistic now but it used to be that you are eight times more likely to suffer serious injury or death when armed than when unarmed ... so carrying a weapon is about as stupid and unsafe as you can get ... but why let the facts spoil a good 'penis measuring' opportunity.

The sort of people who carry knives aren't listening to your statistics so I'm not sure who your preaching to?

Impressionable children

We'd prefer if you didn't talk to them about your knife habits
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sat May 18, 2019 9:58 pm

That Keir Starmer certainly is a dashing fellow for an older gentleman

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 am

Pudpop wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Impressionable children

We'd prefer if you didn't talk to them about your knife habits

I don't have "knife habits", the only impressionable child around here is you seeing as you can't even follow a simple adult conversation.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:48 am

I don't like this childish trend for throwing milk shake over politicians.

No matter which party they are representing they should be able to go about their business without fear of being assaulted.

The authorities need to clamp down on it by sending the perpetrators to prison.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby whee » Tue May 21, 2019 4:58 am

Phil71 wrote:I don't like this childish trend for throwing milk shake over politicians.

No matter which party they are representing they should be able to go about their business without fear of being assaulted.

The authorities need to clamp down on it by sending the perpetrators to prison.

I'm not sure it's worthy of prison time, but i'd certainly like to see heavy community service dished out - actually get some use out of these pillocks.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Tue May 21, 2019 5:36 am

Talk shit, get hit :dontknow:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 am

LMAO wrote:Talk shit, get hit :dontknow:

Yet it's the left who scream 'brutality' at every opportunity ... the joy of double standards

Talk shit then get hit by me - but hit me and I'll scream abuse .... stupid cowardly c**** the lot of 'em

Stick all your Antifa W****rs and your Britain First bellends onto the Isle of Weight then see who lasts the longest ... hopefully it's none of 'em ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate