British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Seems a bit off topic for the British Politics thread ....

The UK recognizes Israel as do 163 of 193 UN Members, of the 30 that don't recognise Israel 17 are Arab League and 9 others are from the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation, the other four used to be those bastions of democracy North Korea, Bolivia, Cuba and Venezuela, not sure if that's still accurate though.

So whilst someone might hold a personal view on the the Jews being "terrorists when a small militarized group of them backed by US funds and weaponry immigrated into Palestine and then took over the country" the vast majority of world nations would disagree with that ... doesn't make you or them correct, but it puts the question off Israel's right to exist into clear focus.

Once you get past the right to exist then the rest is just plain old tribal warfare - Palestinians have fired some 20,000 rockets and mortars at Israel ... Israel have fired far fewer but then far bigger ordinance of their own ... there are no winners just victims.

Blaming one side more than the other? That might sound good but in reality all it does is perpetuate the conflict.

I've no idea what the answer is, Israel isn't moving and Hamas will never accept their existence ... that's all good news for arms manufacturers and all bad news for civilians ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Emeryates » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Except Hamas are listed as a terrorist group by the UK, US and EU?

............. and the UK's and US's corrupt Gov't's are God now right?

Well, if you're trying to be the PM or demanding secret information, you might want to not contact people who are designated terrorist groups by your own country?
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............. and the UK's and US's corrupt Gov't's are God now right?

No but they do decide who has top secret clearance to their security files ... kinda relevant for a potential PM don't you think.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Boris STILL dodging difficult questions after three years

This time refusing to turn up for media interviews

Two missed so far. His attitude is that he doesn't need to answer questions

Arrogant c***
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

I think it’s more a case of don’t do these things if you don’t have to.

They all carry some risk of reducing his chances, and he’s so far ahead he doesn’t need to do them.

His PR people will have made this decision.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Phil71 wrote:I think it’s more a case of don’t do these things if you don’t have to.

They all carry some risk of reducing his chances, and he’s so far ahead he doesn’t need to do them.

Exactly as I said. Arrogant c***

Dont you think he should be explaining his agenda to people in a little more detail then “wobble wobble waffle, lets leave the EU, nice tits, Muslims look stupid“
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:34 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I think it’s more a case of don’t do these things if you don’t have to.

Exactly as I said. Arrogant c***

Dont you think he should be explaining his agenda to people in a little more detail then “wobble wobble waffle, lets leave the EU, nice tits, Muslims look stupid“

As I say, he doesn't have to.

Those Party members who will support him already know what he's about.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:............. and the UK's and US's corrupt Gov't's are God now right?

No but they do decide who has top secret clearance to their security files ... kinda relevant for a potential PM don't you think.

Not relevant for what I was discussing.

We were discussing moral views of the actual situation from our point of view not about Boris or Corbyn.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Not relevant for what I was discussing.

We were discussing moral views of the actual situation from our point of view not about Boris or Corbyn.

Hamas and Hezbollah use civilians as human shield. Whatever your view of the Palestine-Israel issue (I support Palestine), there is no doubt they're terrorists
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 pm

UFGN wrote:Boris STILL dodging difficult questions after three years

Arrogant c***

The media are a complete bunch of W****rs.
I don't particularly think Boris would make a great PM, but kudos to him for ignoring the media scum.
There is a lot to be critical of Boris on, but sticking it to the media is not one of them.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:45 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:Boris STILL dodging difficult questions after three years

Arrogant c***

The media are a complete bunch of W****rs.
I don't particularly think Boris would make a great PM, but kudos to him for ignoring the media scum.
There is a lot to be critical of Boris on, but sticking it to the media is not one of them.

Channel Four are “scum“?

Point is he always dodges answering questions about detail because he knows he cant stand up to scrutiny

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:02 pm

With the other candidates and the media’s obsession with him it would likely have turned into the bash Boris show, so he was right to give it a swerve.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Phil71 wrote:With the other candidates and the media’s obsession with him it would likely have turned into the bash Boris show, so he was right to give it a swerve.

Hes dodging scrutiny

And unless youre a fanboy of his you cant possibly defend it. He wants to be PM but doesn't want to talk to the press?

Please

UFGN

Postby Zedie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:36 pm

This is quality. Cons excusing boris from hiding from questions are now ready to back his position, even when they dont actually know what he stands for.

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say whatever he comes up with aside from continued failure will be greeted with exactly what these same people wanted all along.

Boris is going to embarrass himself in europe with his random demands when they get bounced back and we are going to have wasted more time.

He succeeds in a new deal, his family legacy in British history is being the man that destroyed the 400 year old union.

He steers us to a Norway style deal that basically is the old deal but without a veto and less favourable privelidges, the no dealers will eat him alive.

I'm genuinely at a loss as to how you lot can bare face back johnson for pussying out of actually putting his views out there twice in two days.

I could only imagine how 'supportive' you lot would be if anyone else not tied to the cons did this like coward johnson has.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 pm

So I'm watching (reluctantly) the C4 Con's debate and just despair.

The little skinny dude said it best that of the 5 of them there 6 including the absent Boris, 4 of them are for Theresa May's deal!!!

Its like what I said the other week that is the last thing we need, these fkin clowns are actually trying to fillerbust Brexit.
They've stacked 4 pro sh*t May deal vs 2 actual Leaver's in Raab and Boris.

What does that tell you? the Con's are actually trying to engineer another stale mate.

The little twerp one who thinks he's clever was actually boosting up May's deal ......... a deal that will NEVER get through Parliament.

This is such a stitch up.

I want Boris or Raab to get in so they can actually be held account for the Brexit half the country believe in because its going to take one of them failing spectacularly for us to get this sh*t show to a conclusion.

We either get this heavenly idea of full Brexit (which I don't think is possible) or we can the whole fkin idea and just Remain ........... at least that way the nation, especially the deluded ones get it out of their system, they had a go and were exposed.

Because right now whether its Farage or Boris, they can talk the talk because neither of them will ever have to back it up ........... well let them back it up and be scrutinised properly.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate