British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:06 am

VCC wrote:Seriously though dg point about the opposition, this is a world wide pandemic it seems every governments opposition is useless definately the case here,
Although Merkel just got ousted so they must have been decent.

It was one shaky coalition being defeated by another.

Those Greens in that winning coalition will start making ludicrous demands at the expense of the economy.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:56 am

Phil71 wrote:
VCC wrote:Seriously though dg point about the opposition, this is a world wide pandemic it seems every governments opposition is useless definately the case here,
Although Merkel just got ousted so they must have been decent.

It was one shaky coalition being defeated by another.

Those Greens in that winning coalition will start making ludicrous demands at the expense of the economy.

That can also be said world wide, the greens to be totally effective need to rid the world of humans, that amount of extremism will eventually happen the new terrorist
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:06 pm

Royal Dutch Shell has announced a plan to move its headquarters to the UK.

Shell's chief executive, Ben van Beurden, will relocate to the UK. The company's chief financial officer, Jessica Uhl, will also move, alongside seven other senior employees.

The changes also mean the company will drop "Royal Dutch" from its title and be renamed "Shell".

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59288593

So much for major companies leaving the UK for the EU after Brexit. It seems to be the other way round.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Shell's chief executive, Ben van Beurden, will relocate to the UK. The company's chief financial officer, Jessica Uhl, will also move, alongside seven other senior employees.

The changes also mean the company will drop "Royal Dutch" from its title and be renamed "Shell".

So much for major companies leaving the UK for the EU after Brexit. It seems to be the other way round.

Maybe ask the Queen to give it a Royal Charter so it can be the Royal British Shell. ;)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:17 pm

Phil71 wrote:

I can tell you one reason this may be happening.

Twice now I've gone with a Gas & Electric company who's gone bust the latest being GoTo, both times I was automatically put with Shell before I left to go elsewhere.

Seems Shell are being favoured in the Energy provider space by the British board for whatever reason, but I wouldn't be surprised that isn't part of the reason for the relocation.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I can tell you one reason this may be happening.

Twice now I've gone with a Gas & Electric company who's gone bust the latest being GoTo, both times I was automatically put with Shell before I left to go elsewhere.

Seems Shell are being favoured in the Energy provider space by the British board for whatever reason, but I wouldn't be surprised that isn't part of the reason for the relocation.

It would appear simply to be that their board have decided the UK to be a more efficient space to operate in than the Netherlands. For tax and other financial purposes.

Not Germany, not France. Not even Luxembourg or Dublin. No, one of the biggest energy providers in the EU is upping sticks and heading to Brexitland.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:03 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:44 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:https://youtu.be/a3O8mwDFo4M

Short version:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/stat ... VQuYA&s=19

Yeah watched the full version yesterday. Superb.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:06 am

About time.

The lid is lifting on these clowns.

So much focus and attention has been on America's corruption and I've always said our politicans are simply sneakier.

Lobbying is banned in the UK ........... yet they still blatantly do it under the table.

What annoys me is that for some reason and I honestly think its because Britains establishment is cohesive, unlike America where its state to state, the British establishment simply has no checks or balances and is only answerable to themselves.

I've watched some UK Police Audit videos and they're fkin terrible, abusing their police powers and locking people up out of spite, not for breaking the law, I've seen better behaviour from American police regarding civil rights because State police don't want to be dragged before a Federal Judge for Civil rights violations.

The establishment here put on a nice face, but if you scratch the surface our rights are easily abused, only the courts can save us and we need to start testing it more.

The BBC demanding licences is another relic authoritarian issue.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:About time.

The lid is lifting on these clowns.

So much focus and attention has been on America's corruption and I've always said our politicans are simply sneakier.

Lobbying is banned in the UK ........... yet they still blatantly do it under the table.

What annoys me is that for some reason and I honestly think its because Britains establishment is cohesive, unlike America where its state to state, the British establishment simply has no checks or balances and is only answerable to themselves.

I've watched some UK Police Audit videos and they're fkin terrible, abusing their police powers and locking people up out of spite, not for breaking the law, I've seen better behaviour from American police regarding civil rights because State police don't want to be dragged before a Federal Judge for Civil rights violations.

The establishment here put on a nice face, but if you scratch the surface our rights are easily abused, only the courts can save us and we need to start testing it more.

The BBC demanding licences is another relic authoritarian issue.

Many of my friends in London choose to turn a blind eye towards British authoritarianism and PC bullshit which are intertwined. The police clown cars, the arrest of the anti domestic violence sticker granny...any number of issues that defy logic. The next stage has to be Clockwork Orange coming to fruition.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:34 am

Why the f**k are Priti Patel and Sajid Javid giving news interviews about the situation in Ukraine?

Someone needs to tell them they have enough to focus on within their own remits.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:Why the f**k are Priti Patel and Sajid Javid giving news interviews about the situation in Ukraine?

Someone needs to tell them they have enough to focus on within their own remits.

The tail is wagging many a dog.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:16 pm

https://votepowernotpoverty.uk/

I'm 100% behind this.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 pm

Phil71 wrote:

I'm 100% behind this.
Rather than 'not saving the environment' to lower bills we should nationalise energy providers. The whole point of privatisation is that competition brings prices down. Well thst isn't happening. It is a natural monopoly. We have one gas pipe, one electric cable and one water pipe coming in to our houses. Even now the energy companies are making massive profits. Those profits could be used to refuce bills or even to reinvest in public services.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:49 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I'm 100% behind this.
Rather than 'not saving the environment' to lower bills we should nationalise energy providers. The whole point of privatisation is that competition brings prices down. Well thst isn't happening. It is a natural monopoly. We have one gas pipe, one electric cable and one water pipe coming in to our houses. Even now the energy companies are making massive profits. Those profits could be used to refuce bills or even to reinvest in public services.

The CBI put an estimate of almost £200bn on that in 2019.

Where would that money come from?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate