British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:22 pm

The British government is to formally apply to join a mammoth free-trade pact that includes Australia, Canada, Japan and New Zealand now that it has left the EU.

Joining the CPTPP will cut tariffs in trading with its members. UK trade with the group last year was worth £111bn, according to the Department for International Trade.

The pact’s 11 members are:
Australia.
Brunei.
Canada.
Chile.
Japan.
Malaysia.
Mexico.
New Zealand.
Peru.
Singapore.
Vietnam.

Boris Johnson said: “One year after our departure from the EU, we are forging new partnerships that will bring enormous economic benefits for the people of Britain.

“Applying to be the first new country to join the CPTPP demonstrates our ambition to do business on the best terms with our friends and partners all over the world and be an enthusiastic champion of global free trade.”

Onwards and upwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-of-world
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:23 pm

^

That's fantastic, some good countries on that list that are a lot more aligned with us in their thinking, Japan is great for technology, Aussies and New Zealand are great for agriculture, South American countries have big meanial goods production and Canada is a great partner for us, like America in terms of their modernisation but not as much assholes.

Dealing with China and America is just crap, they're HW's so all they're interested in is bullying their partners, we're much better dealing with economies where there is a genuine need and interest for quid pro quo.

Unlike those dip sh*t American businessmen and politicians who's idea of a partnership is "You buy off us and we'll take over your entire health service so we can rip off the British public like we do our own citizens" ....... what a bunch of c*nts.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Phil71 wrote:
The British government is to formally apply to join a mammoth free-trade pact that includes Australia, Canada, Japan and New Zealand now that it has left the EU.

Joining the CPTPP will cut tariffs in trading with its members. UK trade with the group last year was worth £111bn, according to the Department for International Trade.

Australia.
Brunei.
Canada.
Chile.
Japan.
Malaysia.
Mexico.
New Zealand.
Peru.
Singapore.
Vietnam.

Boris Johnson said: “One year after our departure from the EU, we are forging new partnerships that will bring enormous economic benefits for the people of Britain.

“Applying to be the first new country to join the CPTPP demonstrates our ambition to do business on the best terms with our friends and partners all over the world and be an enthusiastic champion of global free trade.”

Onwards and upwards.

Fabulous news.
Going to be fun watching the EU sink into oblivion.
Much better to watch it from the shore than go down with the sinking ship.
I predict Italy and Ireland will leave next.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Dealing with China and America is just crap, they're HW's so all they're interested in is bullying their partners, we're much better dealing with economies where there is a genuine need and interest for quid pro quo.

Unlike those dip sh*t American businessmen and politicians who's idea of a partnership is "You buy off us and we'll take over your entire health service so we can rip off the British public like we do our own citizens" ....... what a bunch of c*nts.

A tale as old as civilization itself. That's what happens when you're the preeminent power or when one party has significantly more power than another party.

The British Empire did it with free trade imperialism, the Raj, and the Opium Wars. The EU just tried by being c**** with vaccine distribution, despite deals and agreements already being in place.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:39 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Australia.
Brunei.
Canada.
Chile.
Japan.
Malaysia.
Mexico.
New Zealand.
Peru.
Singapore.
Vietnam.

Onwards and upwards.

Who knew that owning the Pitcairn Islands could come in so handy?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:04 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

A tale as old as civilization itself. That's what happens when you're the preeminent power or when one party has significantly more power than another party.

The British Empire did it with free trade imperialism, the Raj, and the Opium Wars. The EU just tried by being c**** with vaccine distribution, despite deals and agreements already being in place.

A smart preeminent power would build on his allies and strenghen its base, abusing your allies and making them go elsewhere for business and trade is just self harm.
Something America are becoming experts in at the moment.

You have China breathing down your neck and they already pipped you in Africa which holds the biggest natural resources for that material that all Electric cars batteries are made of and China have the rights to all those mines lol.

I actually like the idea of Britain branching out globally and not relying on our neighbour competitors ........... that's how we became great in the first place, free trade wherever and with whoever we want.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:39 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

A smart preeminent power would build on his allies and strenghen its base, abusing your allies and making them go elsewhere for business and trade is just self harm.

You have China breathing down your neck and they already pipped you in Africa which holds the biggest natural resources for that material that all Electric cars batteries are made of and China have the rights to all those mines lol.

I actually like the idea of Britain branching out globally and not relying on our neighbour competitors ........... that's how we became great in the first place, free trade wherever and with whoever we want.

We have a largely mutually beneficial trade relationship with Canada and Mexico tbf. Japan, Taiwan, and Australia too. We're working on repairing our trade relations with the EU and South Korea after Trump. And going back through history, who can forget the Marshall Plan that put us in the driver's seat? Same as America also helping to rebuild Japan. We can be heavy-handed at times, but we're not the absolute monsters you think we are.

China hording rare earth materials isn't as big of a deal as it's been made out to be. One of the benefits of being a continent-sized country is that we have rare earth minerals deposits (look up Mountain Pass in California, Round Top in Texas, and Bear Lodge in Wyoming) where we could be largely self-sufficient for over 100 years, but we haven't bothered mining, refining, and producing rare earth minerals because of the environmental cost. Though, if we had to completely decouple from China, it'd be short-term pain while we got domestic manufacturing and production built up, but we'd be fine in the long-term. There's also Canada and Mexico next door.

I've said multiple times that you'll be a lesser Japan, and I don't mean that as an insult since Japan is an envy to most of the world. You might not reach the highs you did while in the EU, but you'll still be in a pretty decent position.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:38 pm

LMAO wrote:I've said multiple times that you'll be a lesser Japan, and I don't mean that as an insult since Japan is an envy to most of the world. You might not reach the highs you did while in the EU, but you'll still be in a pretty decent position.

We will always be in a decent position because we taught the world how to be modern in the first place.

Your banks are European banks, your warfare before the 1960's was based on European tech.

We've been at this game since the 1600's pal.

We among the Dutch and Spanish invented globalisation.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 am

So I've been seeing clips on Youtube about debates in Parliament being about BLM and arguments about race and gender ................

Now are my eyes decieving me or it looks like Labours latest tactic is to out right import American putrid divisive Far Left politics into Britain?

I mean I'm gob smacked, instead of talking about workers rights, taxes, funding and national growth these lot are arguing about removing gender from the dictionary????

I was willing to give Labour and Starmner a blank slate for the next election, show me what you got kind of thing .......... but if this is the road Labour are going down, god help them in the next election.

Because if they think we Brits will swallow that American horse sht level of debate then they read the crowd wrong, if they thought voting against Brexit hurt them ............. this could be even worse.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:34 am

Yes they haven't learned that people are not only disinterested in that sort of stuff - they are absolutely sick to their back teeth with it.

Let them carry on. They'll never get in.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby dc16 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:So I've been seeing clips on Youtube about debates in Parliament being about BLM and arguments about race and gender ................

Now are my eyes decieving me or it looks like Labours latest tactic is to out right import American putrid divisive Far Left politics into Britain?

I mean I'm gob smacked, instead of talking about workers rights, taxes, funding and national growth these lot are arguing about removing gender from the dictionary????

I was willing to give Labour and Starmner a blank slate for the next election, show me what you got kind of thing .......... but if this is the road Labour are going down, god help them in the next election.

Because if they think we Brits will swallow that American horse sht level of debate then they read the crowd wrong, if they thought voting against Brexit hurt them ............. this could be even worse.

It's all about identity politics and its quite tiring to listen to and pretty disappointing if that's going to be their only plan to gain any seats back.

I've seen similar videos, it's usually Kemi Badenoch giving the Labour mob a smackdown. There was also Priti Patel letting rip about the depiction of her in The Guardian as a fat cow with a ring through her nose when she was told by a Labour MP that she didn't understand racism.

You should check out a video of a speech by Ben Bradley MP in Westminister Hall if you haven't seen it already.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:58 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

We have a largely mutually beneficial trade relationship with Canada and Mexico tbf. Japan, Taiwan, and Australia too. We're working on repairing our trade relations with the EU and South Korea after Trump. And going back through history, who can forget the Marshall Plan that put us in the driver's seat? Same as America also helping to rebuild Japan. We can be heavy-handed at times, but we're not the absolute monsters you think we are.

China hording rare earth materials isn't as big of a deal as it's been made out to be. One of the benefits of being a continent-sized country is that we have rare earth minerals deposits (look up Mountain Pass in California, Round Top in Texas, and Bear Lodge in Wyoming) where we could be largely self-sufficient for over 100 years, but we haven't bothered mining, refining, and producing rare earth minerals because of the environmental cost. Though, if we had to completely decouple from China, it'd be short-term pain while we got domestic manufacturing and production built up, but we'd be fine in the long-term. There's also Canada and Mexico next door.

I've said multiple times that you'll be a lesser Japan, and I don't mean that as an insult since Japan is an envy to most of the world. You might not reach the highs you did while in the EU, but you'll still be in a pretty decent position.

I am confident we will utterly trounce the EU.
We're not and will not be a 'lesser' Japan or any other nation.
When it comes to innovation and trade, I'd back us over any nation.

Our challenge over the next generation is actually not trade, it's the same as all nations outside America - the world has to stop the American diseased culture at their borders and reject it. It's more toxic than anything I have seen.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:07 am

dc16 wrote:It's all about identity politics and its quite tiring to listen to and pretty disappointing if that's going to be their only plan to gain any seats back.

I've seen similar videos, it's usually Kemi Badenoch giving the Labour mob a smackdown. There was also Priti Patel letting rip about the depiction of her in The Guardian as a fat cow with a ring through her nose when she was told by a Labour MP that she didn't understand racism.

You should check out a video of a speech by Ben Bradley MP in Westminister Hall if you haven't seen it already.

To be honest I'm pretty done with it all.

The moment these fkin arseh*les start talking about gender politics over homeless people or Covid or the recovering the economy then they've fked it.

Honestly people are losing their livlihoods, businesses big and small are going under and these fk tards are arguing about pronouns and if Britain is racist or not.

I honestly don't want to waste anymore of my precious minutes, hours, years, dealing with this backwards imported American trash politics to the point where I honestly think these people are mentally ill.

Can you believe we live in a time where to state someone is a "true" woman we have to call her a "biological woman" i.e someone with a uterus otherwise we get smacked down and cancelled for it?

............ and they said it was going to robots who destroy man kind.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
dc16 wrote:It's all about identity politics and its quite tiring to listen to and pretty disappointing if that's going to be their only plan to gain any seats back.

The moment these fkin arseh*les start talking about gender politics over homeless people or Covid or the recovering the economy then they've fked it.

Honestly people are losing their livlihoods, businesses big and small are going under and these fk tards are arguing about pronouns and if Britain is racist or not.

I honestly don't want to waste anymore of my precious minutes, hours, years, dealing with this backwards imported American trash politics to the point where I honestly think these people are mentally ill.

Can you believe we live in a time where to state someone is a "true" woman we have to call her a "biological woman" i.e someone with a uterus otherwise we get smacked down and cancelled for it?

These people that push this woke crap are not only utterly despicable, they are dangerous.
I am hopeful, but not sure, that British people will reject that crap.

Recent example ; I am no fan - at all - of Piers Morgan but the guy just lost his job because he dared to suggest that Meghan Merkle is a lying opportunist (which I believe she is). My jaw hit the floor when he was chastised on air by a black woman who suggested he couldn't have an opinion on racism against black people... because he was white... and SHE was seen as having the moral high ground???!! She actually said that because of his skin colour he wasn't entitled to an opinion.. in other words, SHE was being incredibly racist and she damn well got away with it and praised for it!

Backwards world we are living in and it stems from the biggest dump in the world - the USA.
I just pray we can put at stop to it in this country.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Kind of like anti-manspreading chairs? I had to :lol:

The situation is reversed in the US. While Biden and Congressional Dems are busy passing a $1.9 trillion relief bill, the GOP and right-wing media are crying about useless shit like Dr. Seuss books being cancelled by his own estate and Mr. Potato Head dropping the Mister.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate