David Cameron has resigned!

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: David Cameron has resigned!

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 am

UFGN wrote:You're still being dishonest about this and unfortunately for you, other people can read this and will see straight through what you're doing. You're not kidding anyone except yourself.

The Comissioner is one of 28 lawmakers. All 28 have been selected by democratically elected heads of government.

Just like the Cabinet here in the UK.

This is nothing to do with democracy, please stop playing games I'm bored now.

Now you're calling me liar.

Fair play. I admit I expected better.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:You're still being dishonest about this and unfortunately for you, other people can read this and will see straight through what you're doing. You're not kidding anyone except yourself.

The Comissioner is one of 28 lawmakers. All 28 have been selected by democratically elected heads of government.

I've been calling you a liar all along, but only because you're lying. If there was an ounce of sincerity in what you're saying you wouldn't be relying on piss weak semantics as your only argument.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:15 am

UFGN wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

I've been calling you a liar all along, but only because you're lying. If there was an ounce of sincerity in what you're saying you wouldn't be relying on piss weak semantics as your only argument.

Alright, you can have that opinion of me, if you so wish. It's no odds to me.

I know what I voted for, and why I voted for it.

But, when it's all said and done, it doesn't matter. Leave won, and there isn't jack shit you can do about it, "piss weak semantics" or no. :frogwink:
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:51 am

On a scale of 0 to George W. Bush with a Republican Congress behind him, how f***ked is the British government right now?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Callum » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:53 am

Brandon wrote:On a scale of 0 to George W. Bush with a Republican Congress behind him, how f***ked is the British government right now?

Lol at the notion we have anything resembling a government right now
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:11 am

Callum wrote:
Brandon wrote:On a scale of 0 to George W. Bush with a Republican Congress behind him, how f***ked is the British government right now?

Lol at the notion we have anything resembling a government right now

Fair enough
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:41 am

Zedie wrote:Is Luzh seriously going to try and swerve the house of Lords hereditary peerage situation?

We literally have 92 hereditary peers who effectively scrutinise and approve laws for Britain, that only got a seat because they carry the name of someone who sat in their seat before them.

The last time the peasants elected one of these peers? NEVER. Just think of the amount of laws they'll be going over once article 50 has been submitted by a primeminister who wasn't even elected by the people lol

Amazing scenes here on GW.

Actually, the hereditary peers ARE elected and have been since 1999. The 92 who got in can't pass their seat onto their son anymore (apart from the Duke of Norfolk and Earl Cholmondeley but that is because they hold state offices), the son needs to be elected on his own merits.

It's the life peer cronies that you need to worry about.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Zedie wrote:
This post is irrelevant. You were so busy laughing at Labour, yet you literally haven't spent a moment looking at the Tory back bone that:

A: backed remain whole heartedly and literally didn't put a contingency plan in place because they were so cock sure they would win

B: backed a leave campaign on a platform of confirmed bullshit, immediately back peddle yet somehow the dregs that are left are supposed to be the pool you yourself have stated you want the next leadership to be because let's face it, there's no one else left in the Tory party and its not going to be a remainer.

Ironically, you will be stuck with a cabinet that you are unable to vote on, because the party picks for you with none of your input. It's the main thing you have voted out for.

What are your thoughts and feelings on this?

A: Yes they are fkin idiots but how do you know someone like Theresa May hadn't planned for this contingency to run for leader? fact is they now don't have a choice, someone is going to run for Prime Minister and as long as its someone qualified I don't really care.
I've seen a lot of lower ranking Conservatives putting forward great perspective on how to approach leaving the EU and as long as people like that make up the overall team I'm not to worried who's the face of it.

B: Once again your basing this on the Brexit lot, sorry but that's not accurate, this is a Tory Gov and the Torries still need / want to run the country, someone fairly neutral or even a Remainer would still want to be Tory leader, it doesn't have to be a Brexit campaigner.

Your last point, the country voted Tory party in the last election and as far as I know they are still in charge so that point is mute.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby RW_0 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:35 pm

The labourites are crushing the Tory clowns ITT

I love it!
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby RW_0 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:31 pm