AFTV

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: AFTV

Postby theHotHead » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:54 am

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Listen, were it not for AFTV Arsene Wenger would STILL be the manager!!! At the same time the Wenger Out movement was gathering pace the Black Scarf protests were taking place, I went on the Black Scarf marches and the ones I went on had some of the AFTV guys on it (Troopz and DT - ringleading near the front). Most of the chanting was against Kroenke but there was enough chanting about Wenger not knowing what he is doing and for him to get out of our club, for people to think it was a Wenger Out march.

When we got to the stadium there was a lot of resistance to the march, people threw lots of insults our way, Wenger was still revered by the majority of fan-going supporters. But Troopz and DT stuck at it and the momentum they got I think was entirely responsible for others being brave enough to shout Wenger Out at the stadium.

Loads of people I saw looked like they were too scared to say Wenger Out, for fear of reprisals, if you remember there was a lot of physical in-fighting at matches.

They had courage to stand up for what they believed in, kudos to them for that. Loads of people on this forum are just labbermouths, I respect people who talk the talk but actually walk the walk.

Great job mate. Got Wenger out and Arteta in. Why settle for top four when you can get top eight.

Mate, there is a saying, its better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Us sticking with Wenger would've created an even bigger issue for the next manager.

We tried, it hasn't worked out yet, but it will, of that I am sure, I am not concerned.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:19 am

swipe right wrote:I’d have no problem if they gave regular fans outside the stadium a voice. But instead they depend on their regulars who are a bunch of clowns. There is no thoughtful analysis just the usual crap you hear on social media with a name and a face to it. I’d love for Robbie to dump those regulars and just do a roving reporter style channel picking out interesting views of the day.

That's what he does after games.
There is no 'selected lineup' of fans who can comment.
After the Chelsea game there were over 100 fans gathered around him and any one of them could have stepped forward to talk.

The problem is that it's only the most vocal who want to - others listen.
It's always been the case that the most vocal are the ones that want to go totally over the top either positive or negative depending on the result.
That's all OK IMO after a game. That's not why AFTV have a bad name.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:32 am

Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Jez wrote:This channel has fuelled us as a laughing stock.

Stop watching it, stop mentioning it, just stop.

How so? If some media outlet decided to follow GW and highlight key posts from debates on Arteta, transfers like Ben White, Edu...posters here would probably regarded in the same way.

It's not AFTV because some of the wildest takes and rants on here put AFTV to shame and it's consistent.

They're an outlet that thrive off hits and views.

It brings the reputation of our club and fanbase down. Embarrassing.

It brings the fanbase and our reputation? What do you mean? That's odd coming from you. Look at what you post on here?

Has Ben Shite grown a pair yet or will he be missing this saturdays trip to City too?
by Jez

Utd spend £120m on Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho.

We spend it on shite.
by Jez

At least we know we're not quite championship level.

Yet.
Jez

I don't get it. Only real difference between some of the worst comments on AFTV and this is that the guys on AFTV are brave enough to say it in front of everyone. I can at least respect that.

I don't seek to profit from my view. That's the difference.

Robbie has a vested interest in giving air time to extreme views and comedic characters to get more hits.

So it's the money part you have a problem with? Just be real. Is it jealousy because it's not as if he has fans up there not representing every view that has been said on GW.

Ty is pro Arsenal everything regardless of the manager and you won't hear a bad word from him about the club. DT was Wenger out but has been a stong defender of Arteta for the most part, Lee is quite critical of Arteta but fair and Robbie trys to keep it natural. He interviews all fans and gets a broad perspective. If you only tune in to hear what these guys say after a loss and not a win, the problem lies with the critics that only look for the negative.

Also, you know how many Arsenal fan led platforms are out there making money off Arsenal for their views? I regularly tune in to Arseblog, Arsenal Vision Podcast and The Tuesday Club. Great content and discussions on all of them and it would be great critics of AFTV could tune into those pods, support them and hold them up as the standard. Why do we have an AFTV thread and not one for the other platforms? It says something about fans in general and not just AFTV. This place is rocking when we lose games and it's a crisis.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zenith » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:40 am

swipe right wrote:I’d have no problem if they gave regular fans outside the stadium a voice. But instead they depend on their regulars who are a bunch of clowns. There is no thoughtful analysis just the usual crap you hear on social media with a name and a face to it. I’d love for Robbie to dump those regulars and just do a roving reporter style channel picking out interesting views of the day.

That's what Robbie started off doing: he gave the match-going Arsenal fan a new platform to speak their minds, and let their voice be heard. A great idea in which he's invested a lot of time, money and effort.

Unfortunately it got to a point where he realised that hysterical manchildren like DT, LeeGunner, and Troopz uttering gibberish into a microphone generates significantly more views than the average level-headed Gooner giving their sincere and heart-felt take.

I stopped the channel when it got to a stage where each comment section of one of AFTV's post-match rant videos was infested by gloating fans from rivalling teams who were out for their dose of schadenfreude. It'd be extremely naive to suggest that Robbie hasn't attracted, as well as appeased the many hundreds of thousands of gloaters that have become part of his channel's audience.

Only Robbie knows how conscious that shift in 'business model' was, but in addition to being an Arsenal fan like all of us, he's a shrewd entrepreneur who gives/has given way too much time too polarising and 'edgy' individuals, at expense of the reputation of the fan base.

Just my take. :Peace:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Phil71 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:41 am

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Listen, were it not for AFTV Arsene Wenger would STILL be the manager!!! At the same time the Wenger Out movement was gathering pace the Black Scarf protests were taking place, I went on the Black Scarf marches and the ones I went on had some of the AFTV guys on it (Troopz and DT - ringleading near the front). Most of the chanting was against Kroenke but there was enough chanting about Wenger not knowing what he is doing and for him to get out of our club, for people to think it was a Wenger Out march.

When we got to the stadium there was a lot of resistance to the march, people threw lots of insults our way, Wenger was still revered by the majority of fan-going supporters. But Troopz and DT stuck at it and the momentum they got I think was entirely responsible for others being brave enough to shout Wenger Out at the stadium.

Loads of people I saw looked like they were too scared to say Wenger Out, for fear of reprisals, if you remember there was a lot of physical in-fighting at matches.

They had courage to stand up for what they believed in, kudos to them for that. Loads of people on this forum are just labbermouths, I respect people who talk the talk but actually walk the walk.

The opposition to the radical Wenger out brigade wasn't because those people wanted Wenger to keep his job. It was because it created a toxic environment at matches and made the experience of everyone else worse than it sometimes already was.

And it didn't work. It was a waste of time. The owners didn't even think about replacing Wenger until we dropped out of the CL. If we were still in the CL Wenger would probably still be the manager, and no amount of AFTV moronic ranting or black scarf waving would get him removed.

It did work because the marches got bigger and in the stadium you could visibly and audibly notice more fans wanting Wenger Out.

In life when big changes are required there will always be plenty of people upset by it. So a few characters got upset, thats their problem, change came. Revolutions are never quiet or peaceful.

Revolution?

The Kroenke's have a hide of a rhino. They couldn't give two shits what a bunch of marching people want. Haven't you seen what they did in St Louis? They moved a whole club to the other side of the country. There were tens of thousands demonstrating for months. It was like water off a duck's back.

It's when their pocket gets affected that they act. They knew they'd eventually have to replace Wenger, but I'm 100% convinced that if he had carried on getting that CL spot he'd still be in the job.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

How so? If some media outlet decided to follow GW and highlight key posts from debates on Arteta, transfers like Ben White, Edu...posters here would probably regarded in the same way.

It's not AFTV because some of the wildest takes and rants on here put AFTV to shame and it's consistent.

It brings the fanbase and our reputation? What do you mean? That's odd coming from you. Look at what you post on here?

Has Ben Shite grown a pair yet or will he be missing this saturdays trip to City too?
by Jez

We spend it on shite.
by Jez

Yet.
Jez

I don't get it. Only real difference between some of the worst comments on AFTV and this is that the guys on AFTV are brave enough to say it in front of everyone. I can at least respect that.

Robbie has a vested interest in giving air time to extreme views and comedic characters to get more hits.

So it's the money part you have a problem with? Just be real. Is it jealousy because it's not as if he has fans up there not representing every view that has been said on GW.

Ty is pro Arsenal everything regardless of the manager and you won't hear a bad word from him about the club. DT was Wenger out but has been a stong defender of Arteta for the most part, Lee is quite critical of Arteta but fair and Robbie trys to keep it natural. He interviews all fans and gets a broad perspective. If you only tune in to hear what these guys say after a loss and not a win, the problem lies with the critics that only look for the negative.

Also, you know how many Arsenal fan led platforms are out there making money off Arsenal for their views? I regularly tune in to Arseblog, Arsenal Vision Podcast and The Tuesday Club. Great content and discussions on all of them and it would be great critics of AFTV could tune into those pods, support them and hold them up as the standard. Why do we have an AFTV thread and not one for the other platforms? It says something about fans in general and not just AFTV. This place is rocking when we lose games and it's a crisis.

Rocking?
No.
Gloating and laughing.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:56 am

In-bred morons who can barely speak English required to take part in post-match interviews. Intellectual capacity of a boiled potato an advantage. Equally moronic crowd will be provided as back drop.

Applications to Mr R. Lyle - AFTV.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

by Jez

We spend it on shite.
by Jez

Yet.
Jez

Its nothing to do with jealousy. Its the fact he's profiting off controversial views and fuelling a soap opera around the club.

And yes exactly theres other arsenal fans led platforms out there and they're doing things the right way. No problem with that. It's not turning our club into eastenders and a bigger laughing stock.

Results like today are what turns us into a laughing stock. Correct the manager, correct the results, you get positive fans, positive view points and content on AFTV. What you're saying is as backwards as those that say there the 'doomers' are bringing down the club as if it's the voice of the fans that picks the team.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Zenith wrote:

That's what Robbie started off doing: he gave the match-going Arsenal fan a new platform to speak their minds, and let their voice be heard. A great idea in which he's invested a lot of time, money and effort.

Unfortunately it got to a point where he realised that hysterical manchildren like DT, LeeGunner, and Troopz uttering gibberish into a microphone generates significantly more views than the average level-headed Gooner giving their sincere and heart-felt take.

I stopped the channel when it got to a stage where each comment section of one of AFTV's post-match rant videos was infested by gloating fans from rivalling teams who were out for their dose of schadenfreude. It'd be extremely naive to suggest that Robbie hasn't attracted, as well as appeased the many hundreds of thousands of gloaters that have become part of his channel's audience.

Only Robbie knows how conscious that shift in 'business model' was, but in addition to being an Arsenal fan like all of us, he's a shrewd entrepreneur who gives/has given way too much time too polarising and 'edgy' individuals, at expense of the reputation of the fan base.

Just my take. :Peace:

I have no problem with Robbie commercializing it. I also expect hysteria after a loss like today against City. What I don’t like our the Dt, Troopz type who are building their own brand off it. They have become the visible face of the Arsenal fan and they don’t do us justice. Robbie needs to dump them and just go after fans at the stadium.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:38 pm

DT and Troopz twirling their mustaches as they singlehandedly drag Arsenal's good name through the mud.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:42 pm

aniym wrote:DT and Troopz twirling their mustaches as they singlehandedly drag Arsenal's good name through the mud.

Last time I checked, DT was pro Arteta like Jay and Santi.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
aniym wrote:DT and Troopz twirling their mustaches as they singlehandedly drag Arsenal's good name through the mud.

I am pro-Arsenal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:00 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I am pro-Arsenal.

Yes you drink from the same bottle as Ty.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:19 pm

VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I am pro-Arsenal.

All Arsenal fans, without exception, are pro-Arsenal .
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

I am pro-Arsenal.

All Arsenal fans, without exception, are pro-Arsenal .

There is pro Arsenal, then there is pro Arsenal to a fault.
When you are in a relationship and it's so poison its eating your soul away do you stay because she may well cook you a good feed one day.
It's over with Arteta he has turned professional athletes some of which are international players into mugs who can not even find each other with a pass.
Gloss it however you like but I know what way forward is, Arteta is not that direction
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate