AFTV

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: AFTV

Postby Nuggets » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:04 am

They have a right to their opinion like the people on the forum, perhaps if we didn't have a clown for a manager etc....
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:16 am

Ty and Claude were the only real fans on that channel. The rest are all just playing for the cameras to become Z list celebrities in their neighborhoods and social circles.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:18 am

Listen, were it not for AFTV Arsene Wenger would STILL be the manager!!! At the same time the Wenger Out movement was gathering pace the Black Scarf protests were taking place, I went on the Black Scarf marches and the ones I went on had some of the AFTV guys on it (Troopz and DT - ringleading near the front). Most of the chanting was against Kroenke but there was enough chanting about Wenger not knowing what he is doing and for him to get out of our club, for people to think it was a Wenger Out march.

When we got to the stadium there was a lot of resistance to the march, people threw lots of insults our way, Wenger was still revered by the majority of fan-going supporters. But Troopz and DT stuck at it and the momentum they got I think was entirely responsible for others being brave enough to shout Wenger Out at the stadium.

Loads of people I saw looked like they were too scared to say Wenger Out, for fear of reprisals, if you remember there was a lot of physical in-fighting at matches.

They had courage to stand up for what they believed in, kudos to them for that. Loads of people on this forum are just labbermouths, I respect people who talk the talk but actually walk the walk.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:02 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Jez wrote:This channel has fuelled us as a laughing stock.

Stop watching it, stop mentioning it, just stop.

How so? If some media outlet decided to follow GW and highlight key posts from debates on Arteta, transfers like Ben White, Edu...posters here would probably regarded in the same way.

It's not AFTV because some of the wildest takes and rants on here put AFTV to shame and it's consistent.

This
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:03 am

Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

How so? If some media outlet decided to follow GW and highlight key posts from debates on Arteta, transfers like Ben White, Edu...posters here would probably regarded in the same way.

It's not AFTV because some of the wildest takes and rants on here put AFTV to shame and it's consistent.

They're an outlet that thrive off hits and views.

It brings the reputation of our club and fanbase down. Embarrassing.

The club itself is bringing its reputation down. not AFTV.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:05 am

theHotHead wrote:Listen, were it not for AFTV Arsene Wenger would STILL be the manager!!! At the same time the Wenger Out movement was gathering pace the Black Scarf protests were taking place, I went on the Black Scarf marches and the ones I went on had some of the AFTV guys on it (Troopz and DT - ringleading near the front). Most of the chanting was against Kroenke but there was enough chanting about Wenger not knowing what he is doing and for him to get out of our club, for people to think it was a Wenger Out march.

When we got to the stadium there was a lot of resistance to the march, people threw lots of insults our way, Wenger was still revered by the majority of fan-going supporters. But Troopz and DT stuck at it and the momentum they got I think was entirely responsible for others being brave enough to shout Wenger Out at the stadium.

Loads of people I saw looked like they were too scared to say Wenger Out, for fear of reprisals, if you remember there was a lot of physical in-fighting at matches.

They had courage to stand up for what they believed in, kudos to them for that. Loads of people on this forum are just labbermouths, I respect people who talk the talk but actually walk the walk.

The opposition to the radical Wenger out brigade wasn't because those people wanted Wenger to keep his job. It was because it created a toxic environment at matches and made the experience of everyone else worse than it sometimes already was.

And it didn't work. It was a waste of time. The owners didn't even think about replacing Wenger until we dropped out of the CL. If we were still in the CL Wenger would probably still be the manager, and no amount of AFTV moronic ranting or black scarf waving would get him removed.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 am

[vine][/vine]
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

No it doesn’t, the way the club has been run has, humiliating defeats, hiring unknowns, going from title challengers to top 4 but never challenging, too top 6, to midtable. Then there’s the transfer business which is an embarrassment, 40 million + 1 for Suarez, lowball bids, getting beaten to the punch by lesser clubs, wasting money on has been we then can’t get rid of.

Then there’s the others stuff like getting rid of Gunnersaurus and getting rid of 55 staff members during the pandemic and then paying huge amounts to Willian, that’s before we even mention the super league which we were all too happy to go along with, which is awful on so many levels but also embarrassing given we’re a midtable team who can’t even compete against with the likes of West Ham at the moment!

People like to deflect from the real issues by blaming a fan channel, but that’s not the reality, the club has been going down the pan since the Kroenkes took over, lack of interest, treating it as a business and not a football club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:20 am

Dejan wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nuggets

Postby Nuggets » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:21 am

With this imbecile of a manager, we are a laughing stock. :angry:
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:03 am

Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

It brings the fanbase and our reputation? What do you mean? That's odd coming from you. Look at what you post on here?

Has Ben Shite grown a pair yet or will he be missing this saturdays trip to City too?
by Jez

Utd spend £120m on Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho.

We spend it on shite.
by Jez

At least we know we're not quite championship level.

Yet.
Jez

I don't get it. Only real difference between some of the worst comments on AFTV and this is that the guys on AFTV are brave enough to say it in front of everyone. I can at least respect that.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:29 am

Dejan wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Spot on, the way it behaves is embarrassing at times, plus it’s been run very poorly since the Kroenkes arrived.

No one else to blame themselves, passing the blame to a fan tv channel is a joke, it’s deflecting away from the real issue.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:42 am

Özim wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Jez wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Spot on, the way it behaves is embarrassing at times, plus it’s been run very poorly since the Kroenkes arrived.

No one else to blame themselves, passing the blame to a fan tv channel is a joke, it’s deflecting away from the real issue.

It's not about passing the blame onto AFTV for Arsenal's results.
AFTV got called out because they have some regulars on there who are 100% negative about everything and denigrate the club at every opportunity. whether fair or not. The reason AFTV take the brunt is because they are high profile, but that fan chant is relevant to the tiny minority of fans whose agenda is simply to slag the club off at every turn.

"Get out of our club" is what they sang.

Those slagging our club off 24/7 and calling for Arteta to get out of our club like to be loud about it, but seem to cry when they themselves are called out by the fans who have had enough of THEM.

Well, tough. It's about time those ultra negative fans knew that a section of the fan support (as many as those who are 100% negative, probably more) want them out of the club, more than they want Arteta out.

If it were possible to do a deal whereby Arteta AND that tiny minority of 100% negative fans were removed from the club for good, I'd be all for it.
It would be a great trade-off.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:37 am

theHotHead wrote:Listen, were it not for AFTV Arsene Wenger would STILL be the manager!!! At the same time the Wenger Out movement was gathering pace the Black Scarf protests were taking place, I went on the Black Scarf marches and the ones I went on had some of the AFTV guys on it (Troopz and DT - ringleading near the front). Most of the chanting was against Kroenke but there was enough chanting about Wenger not knowing what he is doing and for him to get out of our club, for people to think it was a Wenger Out march.

Great job mate. Got Wenger out and Arteta in. Why settle for top four when you can get top eight.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:40 am

I’d have no problem if they gave regular fans outside the stadium a voice. But instead they depend on their regulars who are a bunch of clowns. There is no thoughtful analysis just the usual crap you hear on social media with a name and a face to it. I’d love for Robbie to dump those regulars and just do a roving reporter style channel picking out interesting views of the day.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:52 am

Phil71 wrote:

The opposition to the radical Wenger out brigade wasn't because those people wanted Wenger to keep his job. It was because it created a toxic environment at matches and made the experience of everyone else worse than it sometimes already was.

And it didn't work. It was a waste of time. The owners didn't even think about replacing Wenger until we dropped out of the CL. If we were still in the CL Wenger would probably still be the manager, and no amount of AFTV moronic ranting or black scarf waving would get him removed.

It did work because the marches got bigger and in the stadium you could visibly and audibly notice more fans wanting Wenger Out.

In life when big changes are required there will always be plenty of people upset by it. So a few characters got upset, thats their problem, change came. Revolutions are never quiet or peaceful.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate