Media stirring racism.

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Media stirring racism.

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:08 pm

NorthBank wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Ok i'm not going to argue whether or not i've come across young children before if you dont believe me dont.

Also i'm not sure if you actually know what an agenda is. You do realise the word agenda isnt synonymous with opinion? If not i'm glad i've taught you something.
You don't have kids so you're unlikely to have spent much time compared to a parent in seein their interactions. An opinion becomes an agenda when you forcefully push a crap idea in the face of contrary evidence.

what evidence is contrary to what i'm saying? Also i still dont think you understand what an agenda is. An agenda is something that needs to be done. When someone is said to have an agenda it means there is something they want done. How can this current opinion ever regarded as an agenda? All i've done is commented on my observations without any recoomendations.

If you look at racism how it is present all over the world and how it has always been present pretty much everywhere you have been in pretty much every time frame in history what would make you think that all the evidence suggests that it is something that is just learnt?

Do you actually think that everyone just happened to learn the same behaviour?

Also no i dont have little children but i have 4 siblings and as the oldest child i watched every single one of the grow up. I'm pretty sure i've dealt with more children than most parents considering the average household only has 2.
Last edited by Héctor24 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Apollo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Héctor24 wrote:
Apollo wrote:A child is as likely to be born racist as a ethnically Japanese person raised in France, by French parents is likely to speak Japanese.

i dont think that's the case equating language and racism isnt the same. Even in the animal kingdom this is apparent and they dont learn the same way as we do.

Its exactly the same,At a fundamental level humans are a product of there environments.

Race as a fact and not a vague concept is no more ingrained into your coding as any other other human construct.The ability to discriminate based on hair colour,nationality,eye colour,language,religion,economic ideology,skin colour,height requires understanding of the concepts in context.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Ok people let me ask you a question and you have to answer as honeslty as possible it's a bit hypothetical but whatever.

If you had a white kid and a black kid who knew no one, had no human interaction in their lifes prior.

They're told that they have to choose to join one of 2 groups.

1 consisting only of white people
1 consisting only of black people

who do you think they'll choose?

in all honesty i think the white kid would choose the white group and the black kid would choose the black group but i'm guessing some of you guys will have different opinions so what do you think.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Apollo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Have you not read single word?

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby NorthBank » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Héctor24 wrote:Ok people let me ask you a question and you have to answer as honeslty as possible it's a bit hypothetical but whatever.

If you had a white kid and a black kid who knew no one, had no human interaction in their lifes prior.

in all honesty i think the white kid would choose the white group and the black kid would choose the black group but i'm guessing some of you guys will have different opinions so what do you think.
They would do it on the basis of what they were more interested in doing, ie playing football, swimming, doing painting etc etc. They are colour/class blind.
NorthBank
Michael Thomas

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Apollo wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Apollo wrote:A child is as likely to be born racist as a ethnically Japanese person raised in France, by French parents is likely to speak Japanese.

i dont think that's the case equating language and racism isnt the same. Even in the animal kingdom this is apparent and they dont learn the same way as we do.

Its exactly the same,At a fundamental level humans are a product of there environments.

Race as a fact and not a vague concept is no more ingrained into your coding as any other other human construct.The ability to discriminate based on hair colour,nationality,eye colour,language,religion,economic ideology,skin colour,height requires understanding of the concepts in context.

language is something that is 100% influenced by your environment. Human behaviour isnt one so it isnt correct to equate the 2.

Even if we look at the envrionmental argument, the fact that your immediate environment (your home) is naturally more likely to be occupied with people of your own race naturally you're more likely to show preference to others that look similar compared to those who dont.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Apollo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:29 pm

NorthBank wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:Ok people let me ask you a question and you have to answer as honeslty as possible it's a bit hypothetical but whatever.

They would do it on the basis of what they were more interested in doing, ie playing football, swimming, doing painting etc etc. They are colour/class blind.

Disagree.

the hypothetical is not about racism, but assuming that somehow they were able to communicate? Had seen themselves in the mirror?

They would go to the group that looks more familiar.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:31 pm

NorthBank wrote:

they dont know what football swimming or painting is. They dont know any or care about any of supporting information because everything looks foreign to them. The only thing they know is what they see infront of them which is two groups of people standing infront of them all dead faced all standing motionless.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Apollo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:32 pm

Héctor24 wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:

language is something that is 100% influenced by your environment. Human behaviour isnt one so it isnt correct to equate the 2.

Even if we look at the envrionmental argument, the fact that your immediate environment (your home) is naturally more likely to be occupied with people of your own race naturally you're more likely to show preference to others that look similar compared to those who dont.

Your argument is all over the place.

One minute its about familiarity or tribalism and the next its about racism.

Are you sure your not conflating a bunch of different ideas, thinking you're taking about one thing.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:36 pm

In fact I'm 100% sure that's what's happening.

Lets start at the beginning.

What your definition of racism?

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Apollo wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

Disagree.

the hypothetical is not about racism, but assuming that somehow they were able to communicate? Had seen themselves in the mirror?

They would go to the group that looks more familiar.

you dont really need to look in the mirror to know that you're a different coloor look or even hair texture than someone else but whatever lol.

No suppose the same pretty much the same scenario but now the kids are given one piece of fruit that they enjoy and is asked which group they would like to share the fruit with and they have to share. Both groups are the same in size niether looks like they would eat more than the other.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby NorthBank » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Héctor24 wrote:they dont know what football swimming or painting is. They dont know any or care about any of supporting information because everything looks foreign to them. The only thing they know is what they see infront of them which is two groups of people standing infront of them all dead faced all standing motionless.
Have you lost your marbles at this point? Little kids seek to understand the world, they have an implicit acceptance of other kids irrespective of class/colour/gender etc
NorthBank
Michael Thomas

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Apollo wrote:In fact I'm 100% sure that's what's happening.

my definition is quite simple. Any preference or discrimination of a group or an individual based on their race.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Apollo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Héctor24 wrote:

my definition is quite simple. Any preference or discrimination of a group or an individual based on their race.

Let's specify preference or discrimination?

As in someone who is more attracted to Asian women than White women.

Racism?

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Apollo wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:

Let's specify preference or discrimination?

it doesnt need specification those words at their root definition is what i mean.

preference

The selecting of someone or something over another or others:

to discriminate

to treat a group or person differently to another

if you're giving preference to asian women over white women yes i'd call that racism
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate