Media stirring racism.

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Media stirring racism.

Postby Héctor24 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:18 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:lets not pretend as is muslim to non muslim is regarded as a reaction to islamaphobi. It's almost always labelled as terrorism.

True

But for atheists, anyone following a religion is automatically evil, so no matter what the media says, they'll think it's wrong

Truth is, if a Christian/Muslim attacks anyone, he's a terrorist, but the atheist who did the same in the US is labelled insane.

Err, you've got it completely backwards.

The two countries most responsible for fomenting the 'Muslim = terrorist' propaganda are Christian nations (USA and England).

both are secular so no it isnt christians, its actually mostly athiests to be fair

both nations are SUPPOSED to be secular.
The problem lies therein - that both aren't secular enough.

And to point out - the biggest problem with muslim extremism comes down from Saudi Arabia which is largely supported by both the US and England (the EU).

Hence why they got to preside over the UN Human Rights Council - which is as low as it gets.

Both countries are as secular as they can get. Being money motivated is a complete different thing. The biggest problem with extremism comes down to England and USA imo not Saudi Arabia. Saudis play their part too but the UK and US destroy these people worlds then give them the weapons to go out and commit terrorism.

I'm starting to think they dont even care about terrorism that much nor do they really care about IS that much either. They get nice cheap oil from IS so why would they i guess.

The US is technically a secular nation, but it's run by Christians like it's a theocracy honestly.

It isnt run by christians it's run by business, maybe some of the people in charge may be religous but that means nothing. It's all about making money and all the curropt religous and non religous people come together with the same goal. Your central bank for example is all jews, the religion doesnt matter there's a common goal. You cant even say that US adopts theocratic policies like countries such as Saudi Arabia so diverting attentions away from the real issue is quite irresponsible imo.

The USA is an Oligarchy much like britain
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:lets not pretend as is muslim to non muslim is regarded as a reaction to islamaphobi. It's almost always labelled as terrorism.

True

But for atheists, anyone following a religion is automatically evil, so no matter what the media says, they'll think it's wrong

Truth is, if a Christian/Muslim attacks anyone, he's a terrorist, but the atheist who did the same in the US is labelled insane.

The two countries most responsible for fomenting the 'Muslim = terrorist' propaganda are Christian nations (USA and England).

both are secular so no it isnt christians, its actually mostly athiests to be fair

And to point out - the biggest problem with muslim extremism comes down from Saudi Arabia which is largely supported by both the US and England (the EU).

Hence why they got to preside over the UN Human Rights Council - which is as low as it gets.

Both countries are as secular as they can get. Being money motivated is a complete different thing. The biggest problem with extremism comes down to England and USA imo not Saudi Arabia. Saudis play their part too but the UK and US destroy these people worlds then give them the weapons to go out and commit terrorism.

I'm starting to think they dont even care about terrorism that much nor do they really care about IS that much either. They get nice cheap oil from IS so why would they i guess.

The US is technically a secular nation, but it's run by Christians like it's a theocracy honestly.

It isnt run by christians it's run by business, maybe some of the people in charge may be religous but that means nothing. It's all about making money and all the curropt religous and non religous people come together with the same goal. Your central bank for example is all jews, the religion doesnt matter there's a common goal. You cant even say that US adopts theocratic policies like countries such as Saudi Arabia so diverting attentions away from the real issue is quite irresponsible imo.

I live here, I know what it's run like. It's not run like a Saudi Theocracy, but it's definitely more theocratic than secular. So lets not make silly sweeping generalizations about atheist and secular nations being the cause of problems.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:55 pm

UKIP are the only non-racists in the UK.

The rest want to let in White migrants from the EU in without checks, but check on any other type!
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Héctor24 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:08 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

True

I live here, I know what it's run like. It's not run like a Saudi Theocracy, but it's definitely more theocratic than secular. So lets not make silly sweeping generalizations about atheist and secular nations being the cause of problems.

In what way is it more theocratic i'm a bit confused considering most of it's laws would be going against most religous teaching. People can label themselves what they want i'm not concerned with peoples labels i'm concerned with what's infront of my eyes and i cant see how a country like the USA the laws that it has in regards to marriage, child bearing, press freedom, etc can be considered theocratic. Even Ireland that is reasonably free still has anti abortion laws.

If the USA is a theocracy what are the examples to prove this. Saying that there are some religious people in power isnt really what a theocracy means.

this is the definition of a theocracy

. a form of government in which God or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler, the God's or deity's laws being interpreted by the ecclesiastical authorities. 2. a system of government by priests claiming a divine commission.

i would say more countries are run this way than not.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

True

In what way is it more theocratic i'm a bit confused considering most of it's laws would be going against most religous teaching. People can label themselves what they want i'm not concerned with peoples labels i'm concerned with what's infront of my eyes and i cant see how a country like the USA the laws that it has in regards to marriage, child bearing, press freedom, etc can be considered theocratic. Even Ireland that is reasonably free still has anti abortion laws.

If the USA is a theocracy what are the examples to prove this. Saying that there are some religious people in power isnt really what a theocracy means.

. a form of government in which God or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler, the God's or deity's laws being interpreted by the ecclesiastical authorities. 2. a system of government by priests claiming a divine commission.

Most just don't follow those laws, only now are we starting to hold people to what some of the actual laws are. but it's more than just the laws, it's the mental conditioning that you get starting at an early age.

We have “God” written on our currency, we have to place our hand on a bible when swearing into office, or when going to court and standing trial. We have “one nation under god” in our pledge of allegiance. Every politician that runs for office says god multiple times and stresses their belief in it. We constantly have people trying to push creationism in our schools daily. We still have public schools that say prayers at the beginning of school each day. You can’t drive 3 blocks here without seeing some sort of church, and they still don’t pay taxes.

So yeah, like I said, it’s technically a secular nation, and it’s suppose to be a democracy, but it’s a theocratic dictatorship disguised as a secular democracy.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Héctor24 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:52 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

True

Most just don't follow those laws, only now are we starting to hold people to what some of the actual laws are. but it's more than just the laws, it's the mental conditioning that you get starting at an early age.

We have “God” written on our currency, we have to place our hand on a bible when swearing into office, or when going to court and standing trial. We have “one nation under god” in our pledge of allegiance. Every politician that runs for office says god multiple times and stresses their belief in it. We constantly have people trying to push creationism in our schools daily. We still have public schools that say prayers at the beginning of school each day. You can’t drive 3 blocks here without seeing some sort of church, and they still don’t pay taxes.

So yeah, like I said, it’s technically a secular nation, and it’s suppose to be a democracy, but it’s a theocratic dictatorship disguised as a secular democracy.

again what you're saying isnt the same as a theocracy. All relgious places of worship are exempt from tax. God being written on the currency is meaningless lets be honest. Politicians saying god is simply to win votes much like anything that comes out of their mouth i wouldnt take that seriously.

The rest of what you said doesnt really have anything to do with how the country is run and more to do with how schools and local communites decide to run themselves. You'll find schools that say different types of prayers from different religions it's not really a reflection.

I kind of get where you're coming from there's a religious influence in your culture and traditions but that's completely different to politics. If USA was a theocracy you would see your laws leaning towards a particular religion that isnt the case. Yes there are laws that relate to religion but that's religion as a whole instead of 1 specific religion.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CukiZeGerman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Héctor24 wrote:again what you're saying isnt the same as a theocracy.

And it also isn't the same as secularism

Secularism is the principle of the separation of government institutions and persons mandated to represent the state from religious institutions and religious dignitaries. One manifestation of secularism is asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people.

The USofA fail completely on all points in this definition.

Héctor24 wrote:All relgious places of worship are exempt from tax.

And they shouldn't be.

Héctor24 wrote:God being written on the currency is meaningless lets be honest.

No it's not.
That is in total contradiction to a secular state - which the US should be - but it's not.

Héctor24 wrote:Politicians saying god is simply to win votes much like anything that comes out of their mouth i wouldnt take that seriously.

It's not even so much about politicians.
god is both mentioned in the pledge of alleigance and the oath of office - again, both things are direct contradictions to the idea of secularism.

Héctor24 wrote:The rest of what you said doesnt really have anything to do with how the country is run and more to do with how schools and local communites decide to run themselves. You'll find schools that say different types of prayers from different religions it's not really a reflection.

Everything he said has something to do with how the country is run.

This whole discussion started by me saying that the USA is SUPPOSED to be secular but it isn't - and you trying to dispute that.

So far - you have done zilch to dispute it.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

True

again what you're saying isnt the same as a theocracy. All relgious places of worship are exempt from tax. God being written on the currency is meaningless lets be honest. Politicians saying god is simply to win votes much like anything that comes out of their mouth i wouldnt take that seriously.

The rest of what you said doesnt really have anything to do with how the country is run and more to do with how schools and local communites decide to run themselves. You'll find schools that say different types of prayers from different religions it's not really a reflection.

I kind of get where you're coming from there's a religious influence in your culture and traditions but that's completely different to politics. If USA was a theocracy you would see your laws leaning towards a particular religion that isnt the case. Yes there are laws that relate to religion but that's religion as a whole instead of 1 specific religion.

Semantics to me really, all of that regardless if it is a direct result of how the country is ran, just shows you the type of thinking here, and how the majority think here. It's more of a theocracy than secular, that's the whole point. Like I said, it's a disguised type of thing. From your point of view you see secular, from mine and the very few who are not indoctrinated and blinded by religion it's still very much ran by Christians, with their dogmas at the forefront of their minds influencing their decisions and ideas on how to live here.

And no, you won't find any public schools saying any other type of prayer besides a Christian one. Maybe you're thinking about religious schools, those aren't public.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:30 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:again what you're saying isnt the same as a theocracy.

And it also isn't the same as secularism

Secularism is the principle of the separation of government institutions and persons mandated to represent the state from religious institutions and religious dignitaries. One manifestation of secularism is asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people.

The USofA fail completely on all points in this definition.

Héctor24 wrote:All relgious places of worship are exempt from tax.

And they shouldn't be.

Héctor24 wrote:God being written on the currency is meaningless lets be honest.

No it's not.
That is in total contradiction to a secular state - which the US should be - but it's not.

Héctor24 wrote:Politicians saying god is simply to win votes much like anything that comes out of their mouth i wouldnt take that seriously.

It's not even so much about politicians.
god is both mentioned in the pledge of alleigance and the oath of office - again, both things are direct contradictions to the idea of secularism.

Héctor24 wrote:The rest of what you said doesnt really have anything to do with how the country is run and more to do with how schools and local communites decide to run themselves. You'll find schools that say different types of prayers from different religions it's not really a reflection.

Everything he said has something to do with how the country is run.

This whole discussion started by me saying that the USA is SUPPOSED to be secular but it isn't - and you trying to dispute that.

So far - you have done zilch to dispute it.

Thanks! Well said, better than me. :clap:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Héctor24 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:31 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

True

Semantics to me really, all of that regardless if it is a direct result of how the country is ran, just shows you the type of thinking here, and how the majority think here. It's more of a theocracy than secular, that's the whole point. Like I said, it's a disguised type of thing. From your point of view you see secular, from mine and the very few who are not indoctrinated and blinded by religion it's still very much ran by Christians, with their dogmas at the forefront of their minds influencing their decisions and ideas on how to live here.

And no, you won't find any public schools saying any other type of prayer besides a Christian one. Maybe you're thinking about religious schools, those aren't public.

ok public schools mean different things in our countries then lol i'm presuming you mean a state school.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Yes, probably the same thing. Schools that you don't have to pay to go to. Free to the normal public, that are ran and funded by the federal government. So technically their employees are employed by the Govt and by law cannot promote any 1 religion above any other, but like I mentioned that law is barely upheld or followed and breaking it happens daily here. Only now are we starting to see it upheld in certain cases, and that only comes after the threat of of a lawsuit.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Big Debate