Do Gods and Religion Have a Place in Modern Society?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Do Gods and Religion Have a Place in Modern Society?

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:18 pm

I knew a dyslexic devil worshiper.

He sold his soul to Santa.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:51 pm

StLGooner wrote:After all, wasn't Satan the one that wanted equality for everyone? Not that any of it is true, but as the story goes right? Or am I wrong on that?

Yup. He was the good guy in that myth imo

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:17 am

Since Africa doesn't get enough attention, here's a modern day Mother Teresa:
When White Saviorism Turns Deadly: American missionary played doctor, children died, when will there be justice?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 am

Woman injures 2 after allegedly driving into traffic as a test of faith

The woman didn't care about victims because "God would have taken care of them."

A woman in Pennsylvania allegedly drove her car into oncoming traffic as a test of her faith in God and showed no remorse for her actions, according to authorities.

The incident occurred on Jan. 7 near Weatherly, Pennsylvania when 31-year-old Nadejda Reilly drove into oncoming traffic on Route 93, according to ABC News’ Pittsburgh affiliate station WTAE.

An investigator who spoke to Reilly said that she told him she had been driving around for several hours waiting for a calling from God when she decided to take action into her own hands and drive into an oncoming vehicle.

“Reilly related God took care of her by not having her injured,” wrote Trooper Bruce Balliet in an arrest affidavit. “Reilly expressed no concerns or remorse for the victims. Reilly also stated she did not care if the other people were injured because God would have taken care of them.”

Reilly, from Drums, Pennsylvania, had her $50,000 bail revoked and was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses over allegations that she purposely caused the accident that injured two people in the vehicle that she collided with.

The two people in the car that Reilly collided with were taken to hospital and treated for their injuries.

Reilly’s lawyer, Andrew Theyken Bench, filed a notice with the Carbon County court saying that Reilly planned to waive her formal arraignment but declined to offer further comment on Friday.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-injures ... d=68383372

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:52 am

LMAO wrote:
Woman injures 2 after allegedly driving into traffic as a test of faith

The woman didn't care about victims because "God would have taken care of them."

A woman in Pennsylvania allegedly drove her car into oncoming traffic as a test of her faith in God and showed no remorse for her actions, according to authorities.

The incident occurred on Jan. 7 near Weatherly, Pennsylvania when 31-year-old Nadejda Reilly drove into oncoming traffic on Route 93, according to ABC News’ Pittsburgh affiliate station WTAE.

An investigator who spoke to Reilly said that she told him she had been driving around for several hours waiting for a calling from God when she decided to take action into her own hands and drive into an oncoming vehicle.

“Reilly related God took care of her by not having her injured,” wrote Trooper Bruce Balliet in an arrest affidavit. “Reilly expressed no concerns or remorse for the victims. Reilly also stated she did not care if the other people were injured because God would have taken care of them.”

Reilly, from Drums, Pennsylvania, had her $50,000 bail revoked and was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses over allegations that she purposely caused the accident that injured two people in the vehicle that she collided with.

The two people in the car that Reilly collided with were taken to hospital and treated for their injuries.

Reilly’s lawyer, Andrew Theyken Bench, filed a notice with the Carbon County court saying that Reilly planned to waive her formal arraignment but declined to offer further comment on Friday.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-injures ... d=68383372

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:58 am

She should jump off a building or mouth a shotgun and see if God sees her through that.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:12 pm

The sad part is of course not only that innocent people got hurt, but that this probably only strengthens her idiotic faith.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:46 am

Only in America ...............

If she really wanted to test her faith why not shoot yourself in the head, surely that would be a miracle to survive?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:03 am

Act of violence motivated by religion..... she's a terrorist

Lock her up in Guantanamo Bay
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:29 am

Phil71 wrote:Image

'Fun' fact: In 1956, at the end of the second Red Scare, "In God We Trust" was made the official motto and added to paper money the next year to show that we weren't godless communists.

:rolleyes:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:33 am

UFGN wrote:Act of violence motivated by religion..... she's a terrorist

Lock her up in Guantanamo Bay

That's a little harsh.

Throw her out of a plane at cruising altitude without a parachute. Make it a modern day witch trial: if she survives, her god is real and can perform miracles; if she dies, her god is a phony and we can end this Abrahamic nonsense.

Seems like a fair deal to me.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:11 pm

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Image

'Fun' fact: In 1956, at the end of the second Red Scare, "In God We Trust" was made the official motto and added to paper money the next year to show that we weren't godless communists.

:rolleyes:

I believe "god" was also added to the pledge of allegiance at the time as well.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:00 pm

I always fine it odd when at times of natural disasters such as tornadoes, and people get their house ripped out of the ground and lose half their family, their first reaction is to thank God that they're still alive.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Phil71 wrote:I always fine it odd when at times of natural disasters such as tornadoes, and people get their house ripped out of the ground and lose half their family, their first reaction is to thank God that they're still alive.

That's what religion teaches in a sense. Selfishness. f**k everybody else that lost their house or a loved one, I only care that God saved me.

Or like when 9/11 happened and after the towers fell, two of the beams that stood from the fall formed a small cross. So all the idiots thanked god, and thought that was a sign from god. So he could leave a stupid f***ing cross, but couldn't save people from dying. Do people even think before they make such stupid comments. It's so frustrating. :BangHead:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:22 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I always fine it odd when at times of natural disasters such as tornadoes, and people get their house ripped out of the ground and lose half their family, their first reaction is to thank God that they're still alive.

That's what religion teaches in a sense. Selfishness. f**k everybody else that lost their house or a loved one, I only care that God saved me.

Or like when 9/11 happened and after the towers fell, two of the beams that stood from the fall formed a small cross. So all the idiots thanked god, and thought that was a sign from god. So he could leave a stupid f***ing cross, but couldn't save people from dying. Do people even think before they make such stupid comments. It's so frustrating. :BangHead:

Now I have found the opposite to be true in natural disasters and attacks such as 911. Whole communities band together and usually it is churches which lead the way in emergency housing and volunteer activity.

There is a human need for explanation in trying times and religion does do that for many. And not just the US, I mean everyplace I have lived or worked from the UK to Nepal to Majuro. That to me is OK, not my thing but Ok.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate