What's your take on marriages?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: What's your take on marriages?

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:32 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:If there was no religion, there would be no democracy, no development, we'd all be like North Korea

Tbh, it would be even worse. At least NK has a god (Kim Il Sung). They're just misguided.

We'd be completely lost if it wasn't for the Grace of God there to guide us. Eternal praise be unto the Most High! :hail:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Maradonna wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonna wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Of course not. I didn't say I'd be ok with it, I said, I'm not telling anyone what to do, I don't follow a set of outdated dogmatic beliefs that tells me what I should think about a certain group of people, or that tells me who does and who doesn't deserve hell

are you sure?

StLGooner wrote:. I go off of our own moral code that society has established as a whole, from human empathy. Of course that moral code changes throughout the different cultures of the world.

and where does that moral code from human empathy comes from buddy???

Sure about what?

And nobody really knows do they, but there are many theories.

we all follow an outdated dogmatic set of beliefs, you are a westernized human being, you havent been born in a bubble. Can i suggest
http://www.anus.com/zine/db/friedrich_nietzsche/friedrich_nietzsche-the_antichrist.pdf
and:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thus_Spoke_Zarathustra

Nietzsche requires a very critical lecture, you need to be with your guard on the entire time, because some of the concepts are really dangerous (especially in Zarathustra) but i think you would found them passionate, they are great books for people how are very critical of religion an authority.

Again, just totally missing my points. All good, I still love you! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maradonna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Brandon wrote:
Maradonna wrote:
Brandon wrote:I don't see the point in religion trying to regulate marriage. How the f**k is it religion's right to regulate what people do?

you are right, corporations are doing a much better job.

Never said corporations had a right either...

well the counterpart would be the "freedom" of the republican democratic model that you live in (not now if you are still in china ;) ) but in Murica definetly.
and that counterpart has failed miserably, one can argue that we are on a much more restricted and police state that when we were under the belt of a religious institution (like england for example)
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Brandon wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:If there was no religion, there would be no democracy, no development, we'd all be like North Korea

Tbh, it would be even worse. At least NK has a god (Kim Il Sung). They're just misguided.

We'd be completely lost if it wasn't for the Grace of God there to guide us. Eternal praise be unto the Most High! :hail:

They worship the devil and are part of the Illuminati
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:36 pm

it would be so sad is gooneralexis is more than 18 years old.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:39 pm

It wold be so sad if all of you really think I'm serious
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:It wold be so sad if all of you really think I'm serious

not very good with sarcasm.
:arse flag.gif:
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Maradonna wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Maradonna wrote:
Brandon wrote:I don't see the point in religion trying to regulate marriage. How the f**k is it religion's right to regulate what people do?

well the counterpart would be the "freedom" of the republican democratic model that you live in (not now if you are still in china ;) ) but in Murica definetly.
and that counterpart has failed miserably, one can argue that we are on a much more restricted and police state that when we were under the belt of a religious institution (like england for example)

Still in China lol

I'd argue that America's current model is infinitely superior to that of a theocracy. Take the Middle Ages in Europe. There was no freedom whatsoever. You spoke out against the Church, you died. At least there is free speech in America.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:It wold be so sad if all of you really think I'm serious

Nah I figured it out long ago. That's when I said I'd bite on one of your comments.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Maradonna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Brandon wrote:
Maradonna wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Maradonna wrote:

Still in China lol

I'd argue that America's current model is infinitely superior to that of a theocracy. Take the Middle Ages in Europe. There was no freedom whatsoever. You spoke out against the Church, you died. At least there is free speech in America.

well if you feel like killing someone, you cant, because it will cost you a life imprisonment, or in some cases, yes, Death penalty. Im not saying that killing is good, im saying that the solution to a problem is still the same.
we are so in love of enlightenment democracy and republic, we have many reasons to be. but at the same time we must be extremely critical of our current situations (the jail institution, for example, its an utter joke) We are still very very barbaric and we are still appling the same solution to our problems.
Btw how is china, tell us about it, it must be mesmerizing? where are you staying, what about the cities?, are you alone or with family? i want information!!!!!!
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:26 am

Maradonna wrote:well if you feel like killing someone, you cant, because it will cost you a life imprisonment, or in some cases, yes, Death penalty. Im not saying that killing is good, im saying that the solution to a problem is still the same.
we are so in love of enlightenment democracy and republic, we have many reasons to be. but at the same time we must be extremely critical of our current situations (the jail institution, for example, its an utter joke) We are still very very barbaric and we are still appling the same solution to our problems.
Btw how is china, tell us about it, it must be mesmerizing? where are you staying, what about the cities?, are you alone or with family? i want information!!!!!!

I agree with this as far as the extremely punitive sentences and that it's essentially a continuation of slave labour - especially in the US where the mass incarceration of blacks is out of control - and the fact that it doesn't actually achieve it's supposed purpose (rehabilitating offenders) but it will always be necessary for rapists, murderers, child molesters, etc.

What would your alternative be for violent/sexual criminals?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:54 pm

I think sometimes we get a bit too PC about locking up criminals, I'm more liberal about small crimes or first offences but I'd actually be more harsh with others.

Really does depend on the crime but today you either lock up criminals or you give the public the arms and laws to protect themselves, now considering option two imo seems to lead to more problems with fruit cakes having a bad day and mowing down a Cinema full of people then I think we're going to have to accept option 1.

Rehabilitation comes from the individual, they have to want it and seek it, you cannot force or babysit someone into doing it, believe me I've got a lot of experience with people I like or care about who are ruining their own lives and have come to the conclusion that people need to want to change themselves or you need to forget about it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Héctor24 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:52 pm

the best type of rehabilitation is the death penalty
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Héctor24 wrote:the best type of rehabilitation is the death penalty