Migrant crisis

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Migrant crisis

Postby UFGN » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:57 pm

TOP wrote:Don't mind it if they registered them where they arrived and then divided them over the western countries.

Right now it's not just about escaping war to a safe country (there's plenty of safe countries and most come from already staying for a long time in Turkey) they simply go where they get the most money.

Those who want to come to Britain are much more likely to be motivated by the English language or friends / family they have here, not money.

The money Britain and France, for example, give to refugees is roughly the same
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Cool video from Western Sydney University;

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:00 pm

TOP wrote:Don't mind it if they registered them where they arrived and then divided them over the western countries.

Right now it's not just about escaping war to a safe country (there's plenty of safe countries and most come from already staying for a long time in Turkey) they simply go where they get the most money.

That's the problem with Schengen and also the fact that the Dublin Regulation states that they should apply for asylum in the first country they reach yet the EU are too afraid to enforce it which in turn just allows migrants to pick and choose where they want to go. It is essentially rewarding succeeding at illegal immigration.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:02 pm

srd1886 wrote:It shouldn'nt matter if they have smart phone or money, the fact is they are running for their lives and govrernments are sitting by letting people die

Well hang on, if you're fleeing for your life i'd have thought the first thing to grab would be provisions or clothing, not expensive smartphones which most true refugees would not even have the chance to own.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby srd1886 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:03 pm

look at him stealing the job he worked hard to get with and paying taxes. what a disgrace :sneaky:
srd1886
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
srd1886 wrote:It shouldn'nt matter if they have smart phone or money, the fact is they are running for their lives and govrernments are sitting by letting people die

Well hang on, if you're fleeing for your life i'd have thought the first thing to grab would be provisions or clothing, not expensive smartphones which most true refugees would not even have the chance to own.

So a refugee has to be poor right?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby srd1886 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

Chances are most of these people could be split up from their family. How else will they contact each other, smoke signals?
srd1886
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 pm

This whole sticking them on trains and taking them to camps thing......

Yeah, History says hi

I don't think we should be going there with that shit, seriously.

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:21 pm

UFGN wrote:This whole sticking them on trains and taking them to camps thing......

Yeah, History says hi

That is the problem with this. You either take them to camps or let them walk hundreds of miles. Either way, it looks like its happening again.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

Isn't exactly time consuming to put a phone in your pocket...
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:32 am

People do need to educate themselves before forming opinions I know I had to while I was talking with my mother earlier.

I basically said that people should stay / sort out their own backyards rather than run to the UK / France / Germany just because of free NHS and housing.
My argument was why would they not stay in their local areas i.e Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, surrounding Arabic countries where they know the culture, speak the language and can assimilate into working life a lot quicker and boost the work force of fellow neighbouring countries?

Then I read this ...................

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/w ... bJN8Icm9re

Which has a map showing they did exactly that, then you look at the numbers involved and see that only a few 100 thousand out of around 5 million actually bothered to come to Europe in the first place.

Which just goes to show any idiot can form an opinion on limited information but until someone know's the whole facts people should really stfu.

Also here is an article on why more of them didn't go to the Arabian states another load of balls I was seeing on FB where people were mentioning it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-wh ... 015-9?IR=T

Arabia doesn't recognise them as refugees and so they don't have refugee rights status because Saudi isn't signed up to the International laws / treaties on human rights.
Saudi isn't doing this to be pricks like everyone automatically thinks, they are doing this because they are scared sh*tless of the Pakistani and eastern migrants that would flood the country if they did, remember as well Pakistan would be religiously of great concern for Saudi as they harbor a lot of Islamic militants and hardliners that would join / bolster Saudi's existing domestic issues with that, something they have worked hard at keeping a lid on.

Things are never black and white and even more rarely understood until people know the real reasons.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby newboy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:01 am

How about distributing them throughout the world with the US and Britain taking the lead here too and bearing the load.
They're usually at the forefront when it comes to destabilising those countries with pointless wars.
newboy
Michael Thomas

Postby Est83 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:50 am

UFGN wrote:This whole sticking them on trains and taking them to camps thing......

Yeah, History says hi

Maybe build some shanty ghettos for them too? Can't see a problem with that myself :doh:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby 22-0 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:58 pm

wonder how many undercover ISIS we let in.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:31 pm

I blame Thatcher.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate