2,380 DEAD within two weeks of being declared fit to work

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

2,380 DEAD within two weeks of being declared fit to work

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Nearly 90 people a month are dying shortly after being declared fit for work, according to new data that has prompted campaigners and Labour leadership contenders to call for an overhaul of the government’s welfare regime.

Statistics released by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on Thursday revealed that 2,380 people died between December 2011 and February 2014 within 14 days of a work capability assessment (WCA) concluded they were able to work.

Ministers insisted the data could not be used to link claimant deaths to its welfare reforms, but the figures focused attention on the government’s fit-for-work assessment process, which has been dogged by controversy in recent years.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... wp-figures
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Re: 2,380 DEAD within two weeks of being declared fit to wor

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:52 pm

There are a lot of holes in that statement.

i.e what did they die from and were they actually working?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:There are a lot of holes in that statement.

Fact remains that they were declared fit to work and two weeks later they were dead, so they were clearly not fit to work. Unless IDS and his mates would have us believe they all died in accidents lol.

How many more have been declared fit and are in fact not, but haven't actually died?

Mass slaughter of the weak
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:08 pm

UFGN wrote:

Fact remains that they were declared fit to work and two weeks later they were dead, so they were clearly not fit to work. Unless IDS and his mates would have us believe they all died in accidents lol.

How many more have been declared fit and are in fact not, but haven't actually died?

Fact doesn't remain because I still don't have any.

That's like me saying ......... 5 million people are dead, and its your fault!

Evidence is a mofo but a necessary one I think?

For there to be any sort of meaningful debate despite headline media hyperbole I want to know what they died of and were they even actually employed?

The headline reads - "they were declared fit to work" ....... right? okay? so unless I'm being told that they died as the result of shock of being told they actually had to get a job then I'm lost as to what the story is implying?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:45 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Fact doesn't remain because I still don't have any.

That's like me saying ......... 5 million people are dead, and its your fault!

Evidence is a mofo but a necessary one I think?

For there to be any sort of meaningful debate despite headline media hyperbole I want to know what they died of and were they even actually employed?

The headline reads - "they were declared fit to work" ....... right? okay? so unless I'm being told that they died as the result of shock of being told they actually had to get a job then I'm lost as to what the story is implying?

I think you're missing the point.

FACT, These people WERE declared fit to work in Atos or similar interviews to determine their entitlement for benefits.

FACT, within two weeks they were dead.

The point is that people who are not fit for work are being declared as fit and not entitled to benefits.

And 2400 were in fact so unfit for work that they died soon afterwards, such was the extent of their ill health. It demonstrates the extreme unfairness of these interviews.

UFGN

Postby Est83 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:48 pm

The Tories Strike Back... not even Corbyn can save us.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:16 am

But how do we know they were not fit to work?

So in 3 years 2380 people who we know were already of ill health died, if the article at least stated that they died from a particular illness like heart failure or something of the like it would connect the dots.

I'm not saying they were fit to work I'm saying the article could of used facts to really make a statement rather than "Flash News" worthy information.

The way it comes across to me is someone banded together a load of stats to come up with a story rather than it be an indictment with any real merit behind it.

Just to show I'm not being difficult for the fun of it, what if 20% of that 2,380 died in a car crash? another 10% of a sudden heart attack? see what I mean? it would be completely non related if they were being asked to do a desk job.

Sorry but it comes across as shoddy journalism / political point scoring or am I seriously mean't to believe 2,380 people dropped dead because they had to punch in at a job? if that is in fact the case then these people shouldn't have been on benefits ......... they should of been in an intensive care unit surely?

........ and if that is the case then yes I agree that is horrendous.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:But how do we know they were not fit to work?

So in 3 years 2380 people who we know were already of ill health died, if the article at least stated that they died from a particular illness like heart failure or something of the like it would connect the dots.

I'm not saying they were fit to work I'm saying the article could of used facts to really make a statement rather than "Flash News" worthy information.

The way it comes across to me is someone banded together a load of stats to come up with a story rather than it be an indictment with any real merit behind it.

Just to show I'm not being difficult for the fun of it, what if 20% of that 2,380 died in a car crash? another 10% of a sudden heart attack? see what I mean? it would be completely non related if they were being asked to do a desk job.

Sorry but it comes across as shoddy journalism / political point scoring or am I seriously mean't to believe 2,380 people dropped dead because they had to punch in at a job? if that is in fact the case then these people shouldn't have been on benefits ......... they should of been in an intensive care unit surely?

........ and if that is the case then yes I agree that is horrendous.

You're still missing the point! I'm not alleging that all of those people died BECAUSE they were declared fit to work.

Statistics released by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on Thursday revealed that 2,380 people died between December 2011 and February 2014 within 14 days of being taken off employment and support allowance (ESA) because a work capability assessment (WCA) had concluded they were able to work.

The key point is that they all died only two weeks after being declared fit for work.

You can play semantics if you like but the bottom line is that very ill people are being cunted off and told to go and get a job.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 am

UFGN wrote:You're still missing the point! I'm not alleging that all of those people died BECAUSE they were declared fit to work.

The key point is that they all died only two weeks after being declared fit for work.

You can play semantics if you like but the bottom line is that very ill people are being **** off and told to go and get a job.

I'm not missing the point, I thought I explained it pretty clearly here.

DiamondGooner wrote:Just to show I'm not being difficult for the fun of it, what if 20% of that 2,380 died in a car crash? another 10% of a sudden heart attack? see what I mean? it would be completely non related if they were being asked to do a desk job.

As I stated in my post, died of what?

Because its only relevant if they died from something health wise otherwise its just stats being thrown around, that's not semantics.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:08 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:You're still missing the point! I'm not alleging that all of those people died BECAUSE they were declared fit to work.

You can play semantics if you like but the bottom line is that very ill people are being **** off and told to go and get a job.

I'm not missing the point, I thought I explained it pretty clearly here.

DiamondGooner wrote:Just to show I'm not being difficult for the fun of it, what if 20% of that 2,380 died in a car crash? another 10% of a sudden heart attack? see what I mean? it would be completely non related if they were being asked to do a desk job.

As I stated in my post, died of what?

Because its only relevant if they died from something health wise otherwise its just stats being thrown around, that's not semantics.

You actually think that purely by coincidence these people, or a significant amount of them, died for reasons completely unrelated to their ill health?

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:15 am

That's the issue, the article is not providing any evidence of the circumstances just hyperbole.

As I said shoddy journalism.

I don't think anything, because no one has said how these particular people died which leaves me with no opinion to form as I don't have the full facts, its a trait more people should exercise before believing everything they read in the paper.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:19 pm

We're all in it together though, remember?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby newboy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:02 am

pointless, pointless thread
newboy
Michael Thomas

Return to The Big Debate