UK European Union in / out referendum

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Should the United Kingdom leave the European Union?

Yes
23
38%
No
38
62%
 
Total votes : 61

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby UFGN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The difference UFGN is that the party in charge IS trying to achieve Brexit, it is exactly those "un-elected" prats that are trying to block the vote of the people.
How is "If you don't like it vote them out" relevant in this case? and don't say "Well they were voted in by the constituency", they are not the Government and the MP's agreed on giving us this vote, now they're balking on it.

I know you must be feeling ill will towards the voting system at the moment because you've had quite a year but at least if your going to have a dig make it coherent.


Those MPs who agreed to the referendum and, according to you are now, "balking at it"

Those ones, including some conservative back benchers.... Just vote them out.

You see, it doesn't work does it? Because by the time you have a chance to vote them out the bad or unfair decision has already been made and it takes an ice age to fix that shit.

I'm perfectly aware it's a shit attitude to take, so don't take it with others when it suits your argument

= Double standards.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:16 am

The difference UFGN is that its unconstitutional for MP's to agree to a referendum and then not respect the decision.

Its not the same as a party voted in that makes a law you don't like i.e the Tory's spy laws, that is "Just vote them out".

The Brexit issue is purely duplicitous and they are acting un-democratically full stop.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20154
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby Big17 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Thoughts inners?

User avatar
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The difference UFGN is that its unconstitutional for MP's to agree to a referendum and then not respect the decision.

Its not the same as a party voted in that makes a law you don't like i.e the Tory's spy laws, that is "Just vote them out".

The Brexit issue is purely duplicitous and they are acting un-democratically full stop.


Its not unconstitutional

There is no mention of referendums in our (non existant) constitution
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:19 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The difference UFGN is that its unconstitutional for MP's to agree to a referendum and then not respect the decision.

Its not the same as a party voted in that makes a law you don't like i.e the Tory's spy laws, that is "Just vote them out".

The Brexit issue is purely duplicitous and they are acting un-democratically full stop.


Its not unconstitutional

There is no mention of referendums in our (non existant) constitution


Stop trying to slime your way out of this.

Its un-democratic, address that one then.

This is your problem, you think point scoring on a technicality is some sort of victory, addressing the actual issue be damned.

Hence why your side is losing elections left, right and centre and there may be more to come across Europe ......... and the above is why you deserve everything your getting.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20154
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The difference UFGN is that its unconstitutional for MP's to agree to a referendum and then not respect the decision.

Its not the same as a party voted in that makes a law you don't like i.e the Tory's spy laws, that is "Just vote them out".

The Brexit issue is purely duplicitous and they are acting un-democratically full stop.


Its not unconstitutional

There is no mention of referendums in our (non existant) constitution


Stop trying to slime your way out of this.

Its un-democratic, address that one then.

This is your problem, you think point scoring on a technicality is some sort of victory, addressing the actual issue be damned.

Hence why your side is losing elections left, right and centre and there may be more to come across Europe ......... and the above is why you deserve everything your getting.


Its the exact opposite.

Its you who wriggles and fidgets your way out of issues you find difficult to argue

Couldn't give a f**k about point scoring on the Internet.

Your pathetic attitude of "just vote them out" with reference to civil rights in this country is why I'm taking issue with you. That, your lack of any basic knowledge of what you're talking about and your rank hypocrisy on just about everything.

You didn't know anything about how the European Courts you've so often criticised work.

You were amazed that the investigatory powers bill had passed, even though it has been all over the news for literally years and was in the Conservative manifesto

You were then suddenly worried about civil rights after all....

And now you're going on about a non existant constitution

You're a lightweight and that's nobody else's fault.

Be better informed, and then none of this will be necessary.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Stop feeding UFGN
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am
Location: Moe's Tavern

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:55 pm

Praise Pablo wrote:Stop feeding UFGN


There should be signs put up really.


............ and after all that spiel UFGN, you still didn't answer my question.

End of discussion.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20154
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:18 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Praise Pablo wrote:Stop feeding UFGN


There should be signs put up really.


............ and after all that spiel UFGN, you still didn't answer my question.

End of discussion.


Oh it's the end of the discussion again is it? That's about the sixth time

Read a book ffs
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:06 pm

UFGN wrote:
Pudpop wrote:I know nothing about this debate but I have to lol at UFGN's insistence that betting odds are relevant in any way


Think about it logically. They are set by people who are putting (a lot of) their money where their mouth is. Their livelihoods depend on them getting it right.





:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am
Location: Moe's Tavern

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:42 pm

UFGN wrote:This debate is dead. Leave arguments have been butchered.

Comfortable Remain vote of 5-10% incoming





Ahh memories :cloud9:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am
Location: Moe's Tavern

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:47 pm

All this proves is that British people are racist, xenophobic and antisemitic
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby Big17 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:42 pm

Praise Pablo wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Pudpop wrote:I know nothing about this debate but I have to lol at UFGN's insistence that betting odds are relevant in any way


Think about it logically. They are set by people who are putting (a lot of) their money where their mouth is. Their livelihoods depend on them getting it right.





:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:


Me. Literally.

Can't believe I just read that.
User avatar
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8441
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby UFGN » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:50 pm

Ah, Window Lickers Anonymous having a social

How sweet

I can hear the brain cells lining up to be shot
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 am

Big17 wrote:
Praise Pablo wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Pudpop wrote:I know nothing about this debate but I have to lol at UFGN's insistence that betting odds are relevant in any way


Think about it logically. They are set by people who are putting (a lot of) their money where their mouth is. Their livelihoods depend on them getting it right.





:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:


Me. Literally.

Can't believe I just read that.


But didn't you know UFGN is always right? even a clock is right once a day and UFGN can't even compete with that.

The way he talks down to people makes the fact that the cards have been falling down around his ears for the last year quite amusing.

He can't even recognise planet earth right now, its hilarious.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20154
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests