UK European Union in / out referendum

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Should the United Kingdom leave the European Union?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes : 61

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Zedie wrote:
UFGN wrote:The hypocrisy from Brexiteers is mind-boggling.

This is a British court ruling on British law. Exactly what they wanted.

And now we're hearing from Ukip that the judges should be sacked!

If they don't like it they should appeal to the European Courts!

Since the ruling this has actually been killing me with laughter.

Tbf, I'm really happy to see the country using its own laws to take back it's sovereignty and give a say to the MPs that were actually elected by the people.

Yeah but that those pesky unelected judges tho

Any patriotic person surely would support our great British institutions, like the unelected judiciary and the unelected House of Lords

Just so long as they're not bloody foreign!

Go Britain!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:31 pm

Zedie wrote:

Tbf, I'm really happy to see the country using its own laws to take back it's sovereignty and give a say to the MPs that were actually elected by the people.

The only thing this shows is why we need to be out of Europe asap.

To think we can't even have the final say in our own country is abysmal and will only make the Brexit vote stronger.

The Remainers sabotage attempts will not last long I think, next move is ours.

The "funny" thing is Zedie is that this may mean we get a Hard Brexit after all because the Prime Minister is going to be left with two choices, either allow a soft brexit where she lets Parliament pick at her plans for years to come or (as she know's she can't allow that) find a way to by pass them altogether and not be accountable to them at all via the Supreme Court or a re-election.

We'll see who's laughing then shall we.

I was actually up for a form of soft Brexit because I thought we'd get the best of both worlds but now I'm leaning toward a Hard Brexit just to shut the Remainers up for good, they're obviously not getting the message.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Mearly a bump in the road, we voted to leave the EU and we will.

Any whiff of betrayal and we the people will do what needs to be done.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Fun fact:

Brexiters make less than 40% of this nation
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:

The only thing this shows is why we need to be out of Europe asap.

To think we can't even have the final say in our own country is abysmal and will only make the Brexit vote stronger.

The Remainers sabotage attempts will not last long I think, next move is ours.

The "funny" thing is Zedie is that this may mean we get a Hard Brexit after all because the Prime Minister is going to be left with two choices, either allow a soft brexit where she lets Parliament pick at her plans for years to come or (as she know's she can't allow that) find a way to by pass them altogether and not be accountable to them at all via the Supreme Court or a re-election.

We'll see who's laughing then shall we.

I was actually up for a form of soft Brexit because I thought we'd get the best of both worlds but now I'm leaning toward a Hard Brexit just to shut the Remainers up for good, they're obviously not getting the message.

More epic bullshit from you

1: How does a British court passing a ruling on British law show we need to be out of Europe?

2: How exactly is this a sabotage attempt, considering the ruling went in favour of the petitioner? All it does is show that they were correct under British law

3: You seem to be more worried about getting everything done fast than getting everything done right

4: 52% is what you got. You don't get to have every bit of the process your own way, so sorry. Stop peddling the "we voted to leave" bollocks. Half of us voted to stay.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Amazing how DG talks about democracy and then wants Theresa May to make decisions like a dictator
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:08 am

The level of misunderstanding on this ruling shown by much of the country is breathtaking. The courts didn't rule on whether or not Parliament should have a say in the nature of Brexit on some ethical or political level, they ruled on whether or not doing so without MPs having a say was unconstitutional or not. They're upholding the laws of this country, even if it's not what the Government or "the peepul" want.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:33 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:Fun fact:

Has to be another troll post right?

Do you see how dumb this makes you look?
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:34 am

Not really, Praise Pablo

BREXIT is an active position, thus anyone not for BREXIT is for the status quo.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:59 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Amazing how DG talks about democracy and then wants Theresa May to make decisions like a dictator

(Unelected prime minister)

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:43 pm

Praise Pablo wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Fun fact:

Has to be another troll post right?

Do you see how dumb this makes you look?

I'm literally a few posts away from putting him on block, he adds nothing to the discussions just petty snipes and tactical trolling and he's doing it in multiple threads, pretty done with it tbf.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:50 pm

UFGN wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Amazing how DG talks about democracy and then wants Theresa May to make decisions like a dictator

Re-election ........ problem solved.

To answer your other post UFGN, you need to brush up on what half actually means anything less than 50% is not half mate, and also it was basically England vs London if you look at the result map.

My issue with the ruling is its putting the issue into the hands of Europhile MP's some of whom will attempt to derail Brexit, I can see it now.

I already said I didn't disagree with the decision from a law point of view so don't try to put words in my mouth, I just said fine lets get the permission then go for a hard brexit instead of a talked out soft brexit.

See i would of preferred a soft brexit but if May gives Parliament any rope they'll bury her in litigation where as if she gets a re-election or Supreme Court ruling then all bets are off.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Re-election ........ problem solved.

To answer your other post UFGN, you need to brush up on what half actually means anything less than 50% is not half mate, and also it was basically England vs London if you look at the result map.

My issue with the ruling is its putting the issue into the hands of Europhile MP's some of whom will attempt to derail Brexit, I can see it now.

I already said I didn't disagree with the decision from a law point of view so don't try to put words in my mouth, I just said fine lets get the permission then go for a hard brexit instead of a talked out soft brexit.

See i would of preferred a soft brexit but if May gives Parliament any rope they'll bury her in litigation where as if she gets a re-election or Supreme Court ruling then all bets are off.

The point is that a 1.9 oer cent differential doesn't give your crew the right to have every aspect of Brexit your own way.

If it takes longer or involves more scrutiny and you don't like that then, tough.

You didn't want our European affairs "dictated" by "unaccountable' people. I don't want our entire relationship with Europe decided in a rush, by a small number of the executive.

All MPs represent constituents and everyone's opinion needs to be heard. This is too important to f**k up.

Btw London is part of England. Unless you want London, except Barking and Dagenham, and Scotland, to become a separate state it's a bloody pointless thing to bring up.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:16 pm

UFGN wrote:The point is that a 1.9 oer cent differential doesn't give your crew the right to have every aspect of Brexit your own way.

If it takes longer or involves more scrutiny and you don't like that then, tough.

You didn't want our European affairs "dictated" by "unaccountable' people. I don't want our entire relationship with Europe decided in a rush, by a small number of the executive.

All MPs represent constituents and everyone's opinion needs to be heard. This is too important to f**k up.

Btw London is part of England. Unless you want London, except Barking and Dagenham, and Scotland, to become a separate state it's a bloody pointless thing to bring up.

In all fairness the referendum choice was pretty stark, in or out of Europe, if I were a hardcore Brexiteer like UKIP and co I'd be driving that point home, the vote was out come what may that was the question we all voted on.

My personal view was that I didn't mind us staying in the single market, I'd even be open to the free movement although I personally would like England to have the final say on that to make sure our economy can support the numbers living here.

However .......... you can't play softball with people who are just going to take liberties and that's where we're heading, if May allows this to continue Parliament will suffocate May's attempts on Brexit by insisting they get their way on every aspect of the deal.

Answer me this, how can Theresa May promise something that the EU may refuse? how can she promise access to the single market when its the EU who has the final say on that issue?

Nigel Farage said on TV today something very poignant I felt (especially for him), when arguing with Gina Miller with her trying to give that smart arse Remainer answer "You should be thanking me, you wanted sovereignty returned to Parliament and now you have it".
Farages come back was on point "No actually what we wanted was sovereignty returned to the British people" ........ boom!

Parliament work for us, right now they are working off their own agendas, if I could trust them to just get May to state whether she'll aim for the single market or whether to aim for Free movement that would be fine ............ but second question, if she doesn't go for free movement or the single market, what then, block Brexit?

This is why May should either call a general election or offer them a bill for her to invoke article 50 and no more.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:19 pm

I personally want a general election soon anyway. It will force Corbyn to resign when he loses, then we can get hopefully Burnham or Umunna in and get the Tories out next time round.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate