UK European Union in / out referendum

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Should the United Kingdom leave the European Union?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes : 61

Re: UK European Union in / out referendum

Postby Callum » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:40 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:UKIP will win. BREXIT will happen. I am sure of it. Nigel Farage has charisma, and he has truth on his side.

I'll quote you on this when the UK resoundingly votes to stay in.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jmiles10 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:24 pm

It's simple farage says we should control immigration. Australian style system.

So take people in that have good skills and trades. Quality over quantity. Now anyone with zero skills can come in. Also you can have a criminal record and come in. He wants to stop that it's fairly reasonable.

Also more people more burden on housing, NHS, schools, benefits fairly logical.

Also regards trade his point is EU countries rely just as much on UK as UK does them. So its pointless to affect that regardless of UK being in EU. Norway and Switzerland, Iceland arent in EU they have no trade restrictions.

He dosent say anything that has no thinking behind it whether you disagree or agree with his thinking.
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jmiles10 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Also anyone that pulls out the racist card is an idiot.

What farage is saying actually is with the EU we have discriminated against lots of countries in the commonwealth and worldwide. That we our just as likely to take a WHITE Romanian who controls prostetution over a BLACK kenyan that wants to become a doctor
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:42 pm

jmiles10 wrote:It's simple farage says we should control immigration. Australian style system.

So take people in that have good skills and trades. Quality over quantity. Now anyone with zero skills can come in. Also you can have a criminal record and come in. He wants to stop that it's fairly reasonable.

Also regards trade his point is EU countries rely just as much on UK as UK does them. So its pointless to affect that regardless of UK being in EU. Norway and Switzerland, Iceland arent in EU they have no trade restrictions.

He dosent say anything that has no thinking behind it whether you disagree or agree with his thinking.

I'm not saying being a UKIP supporter makes you racist but the fact is that a lot of UKIP voters openly identify themselves as racist whilst Farage banging on about immigrants coming here with AIDS just stirs up xenophobia in this country. He knows what he's doing and it's disgraceful - playing on the fears and issues of this nation to stir up racial hatred in communities around the UK.

You choose to focus on all the low-skilled workers who come here ignore all of those who want to come and contribute to the economy. If we leave the EU these people will find it more difficult to enter and will likely take their skills elsewhere within the EU - we need doctors, nurses, lawyers, students and tons of other professionals to come here and help our economy and society.

There are roughly the same number of Brits in the EU as there are EU citizens in Britain. Immigration has also proven to be a net contributor to the UK economy and a large number of British institutions (the NHS being one of them) depend heavily on migrant workers to operate properly.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:49 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

England people has completely lost any sense of perspective.
When something as racist as that article gets the treatment that is getting, you realized that the xenophobic agenda has won.
Because this argument should not have any sort of place in any serious debate on the migration problematic, yet you read the comments and everybody is on board, no one is alarmed with what is going on.
This path only leads to fascism, When someone even mention the "health turism" or a mainstream media haunts a family because they get benefits, it's as fascist as hitler, yet in England its all good, because they are not racist, they are doing politics.
Matter of fact once you open the gate to this sort of discussions you are implying that immigration is a problem, when it is actually a solution.
im really worried about the future in europe, and how otherty is targeted to explain what the real problem is (debt)
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jmiles10 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Callum wrote:
jmiles10 wrote:It's simple farage says we should control immigration. Australian style system.

I'm not saying being a UKIP supporter makes you racist but the fact is that a lot of UKIP voters openly identify themselves as racist whilst Farage banging on about immigrants coming here with AIDS just stirs up xenophobia in this country. He knows what he's doing and it's disgraceful - playing on the fears and issues of this nation to stir up racial hatred in communities around the UK.

You choose to focus on all the low-skilled workers who come here ignore all of those who want to come and contribute to the economy. If we leave the EU these people will find it more difficult to enter and will likely take their skills elsewhere within the EU - we need doctors, nurses, lawyers, students and tons of other professionals to come here and help our economy and society.

There are roughly the same number of Brits in the EU as there are EU citizens in Britain. Immigration has also proven to be a net contributor to the UK economy and a large number of British institutions (the NHS being one of them) depend heavily on migrant workers to operate properly.

I wacthed a fair bit of farage, Its hardly his whole act to go on about things like aids patients.

Anyway even if he did, its nothing worse than the spineless human being of a man that dragged the UK to completely destroy a beautiful country like Libya and tried to go into Syria to.

The point about immigration we will be able to chose who comes in. Loads of people will still want to come to England from eu because most the EU countries are a mess anyway. Anyway we only need so many nurses and doctors because the rate of immigration over the last 20 years has been to much.

Economically speaking this is a good read http://www.globalbritain.co.uk/news/bri ... free-trade

If UK leave EU, it will crumble. #farage save europe
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm absolutely sure that a disproportionate amount of Ukip voters are racists. If thats not the case then please explain the total collapse of the BNP coinciding with the rise in popularity of Ukip? You can't.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Callum » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:13 pm

UFGN wrote:I'm absolutely sure that a disproportionate amount of Ukip voters are racists. If thats not the case then please explain the total collapse of the BNP coinciding with the rise in popularity of Ukip? You can't.

You'd also think people who aren't racist wouldn't support a party who have had a number of embarrassing incidents where members within the party have been found to harbour racist or xenophobic views.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:22 pm

jmiles10 wrote:Also anyone that pulls out the racist card is an idiot.

What farage is saying actually is with the EU we have discriminated against lots of countries in the commonwealth and worldwide. That we our just as likely to take a WHITE Romanian who controls prostetution over a BLACK kenyan that wants to become a doctor

Should all the almost one million Brits in Spain be deported back to Britain then? Seeing as most of them are not skilled workers and a large number of them are retirees who've paid little or no tax in Spain? (Who are now sponging off the Spanish social care system)

....Awkward :tumbleweed:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Callum » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:01 pm

UFGN wrote:

Should all the almost one million Brits in Spain be deported back to Britain then? Seeing as most of them are not skilled workers and a large number of them are retirees who've paid little or no tax in Spain? (Who are now sponging off the Spanish social care system)

They're not 'immigrants' though - because they're white, generally pretty wealthy and elderly they're just 'ex-pats'...
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:

They're not 'immigrants' though - because they're white, generally pretty wealthy and elderly they're just 'ex-pats'...

I know you're not being serious but actually a lot of them aren't wealthy. I saw a report a few months ago about ex pats (British immigrants) in Spain who have run out of money, are retired and are now needing social support from Spain, including home visits from care workers. All paid for by the SPANISH TAXPAYER!

UFGN

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Forum should have new rules banning anyone that links to the Daily Mail. It's poison.

At least copy the article and quote so we don't have to give them hits.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 pm

UFGN wrote:I know you're not being serious but actually a lot of them aren't wealthy. I saw a report a few months ago about ex pats (British immigrants) in Spain who have run out of money, are retired and are now needing social support from Spain, including home visits from care workers. All paid for by the SPANISH TAXPAYER!

Aye, I've read a few things about that before, but it's just funny how rags like the Daily Mail have helped portray the image of immigrants coming into this country as dirty, poor foreigners wanting to steal our jobs and benefits whilst those moving to the continent are just looking for some well-deserved sunshine by the sea. Parties like UKIP have only added to the toxicity and xenophobia in this country and it sickens me.
Last edited by Callum on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Pudpop wrote:Forum should have new rules banning anyone that links to the Daily Mail. It's poison.

At least copy the article and quote so we don't have to give them hits.

sorry about that, but i was discussing the topic with some coworkers (academics) and they were all appealed as i was.
i thought it was appropriate to share.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:I know you're not being serious but actually a lot of them aren't wealthy. I saw a report a few months ago about ex pats (British immigrants) in Spain who have run out of money, are retired and are now needing social support from Spain, including home visits from care workers. All paid for by the SPANISH TAXPAYER!

Aye, I've read a few things about that before, but it's just funny how rags like the Daily Mail have helped portray the image of immigrants coming into this country as dirty, poor foreigners wanting to steal our jobs and benefits whilst those moving to the continent are just looking for some well-deserved sunshine by the sea. Parties like UKIP have only added to the toxicity and xenophobia in this country and it sickens me.

I would use the analogy of the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood.

When it was the BNP prancing about with Nick Griffin in a nice suit, it was obviously still just a wolf in a dodgy knock-off dress from the market.

Now the wolf's had a bit of Harley Street plastic surgery and its got a lovely off the shoulder number from Harvey Nics. But its still a f***ing wolf. The racist and hate filled bile is always there, bubbling away just under the surface .

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate