2015 British General Election

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Who will you vote for in this year's election?

Conservative Party
11%
Democratic Unionist Party
No votes
Green Party of England and Wales
No votes
Labour Party
53%
Liberal Democrats
11%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Scottish National Party
No votes
United Kingdom Independence Party
26%

Total votes : 19

Re: 2015 British General Election

Postby Sims » Fri May 08, 2015 10:46 pm

How shit do u have to be at your job if an unqualified immigrant who can't speak English takes your job lmao
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Callum » Fri May 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Sims wrote:How shit do u have to be at your job if an unqualified immigrant who can't speak English takes your job lmao

Exactly.

Also lots of menial jobs can only be done by migrant workers because lots of British folk see it as beneath them. A guy on 5 live the other day ran a small business and said he literally couldn't hire any British nationals because none of them applied - it was all immigrants who were desperate to work and make an honest living. Without them his business couldn't operate.

Migration is so important because it plugs gaps in the market we couldn't fill otherwise. We need more trained migrants who can improve society and we need unskilled workers as well to do the jobs no-one else will do. Of course some would have you believe that all immigrants coming here just want to sponge off of the state but it's a total misrepresentation of the truth.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri May 08, 2015 11:17 pm

For anyone that cares my parents voted Tory. This is including my mum whose family didn't have a penny to their name really growing up in Hackney
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 12:33 am

Sims wrote:For anyone that cares my parents voted Tory. This is including my mum whose family didn't have a penny to their name really growing up in Hackney

I'm sorry but she's a disgrace.

The harm they have done to poor people in.places like Hakney is huge. There is absolutely no excuse for voting tory if that's your background.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 12:41 am

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:For anyone that cares my parents voted Tory. This is including my mum whose family didn't have a penny to their name really growing up in Hackney

The harm they have done to poor people in.places like Hakney is huge. There is absolutely no excuse for voting tory if that's your background.

The even funnier thing is that my dad was a lot more well off than she was and he actually voted labour until they met. So strange.

My Turkish mate lives in a council house and he voted Tory because he preferred their policy on housing or something.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 12:45 am

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:

The even funnier thing is that my dad was a lot more well off than she was and he actually voted labour until they met. So strange.

My Turkish mate lives in a council house and he voted Tory because he preferred their policy on housing or something.

Its called "pull the ladder up Jack and f**k the rest"

The tories thrive on it.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 12:54 am

Tbf I dislike Labour and the Tories equally so I couldn't give less of a toss. Even the Green Party is run by morons.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Massa » Sat May 09, 2015 4:20 am

coquelin is shit
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby LMAO » Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 am

I don't get European politics (same applies for Indian politics). Don't the vast amount of parties create too much saturation to the point where no one agrees with anyone else other than their respective party, the majority of voters are baffled as to which party does what, and it just becomes a big clusterfuck wankfest over policies moreso than here in America?

ffs limit things to a maximum of three major parties (left-wing, neutral, right-wing) and get on with it :lol:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat May 09, 2015 6:25 am

It is a bit of a joke when there is a party called 'Canabis is safer than alcohol' or whatever they call themselves. It's wasted votes and just pathetic.

And what about Al Murry? If he was doing this as part of a stand up routine then I could understand but he's got involved in a close vote where people have wasted votes and he could of caused it to go the other way.

Maybe it's time to be doing what Blatter does in the football? Prove you have support as a party or you're not involved.

The pound in your pocket

"The pound will be revalued at one pound 10p, so it will now be worth 10p more. Common sense."

The NHS

"If you come to A&E and it's neither an accident nor an emergency then you will be sent to a random hospital department to be practised on. Common sense."

Foreign Policy

"Germany has been too quiet for too long. Just saying."

Immigration

"Of course the reason they are coming here is because this is the greatest country in the world. The only way to stop them is for a government to change that and make things a whole lot worse. Look no further. However, in the meantime, we brick up the Channel Tunnel. With British bricks. Probably have to get some Poles in to do it. Common sense."

Education

"I believe the children are the future and there's no way you'll get me knocking teachers. Teachers are on the front line, the coalface. Doing their bit to create a level playing field for our kids... although I'm not sure they're going about it the right way by making sure none of the kids can read and write. So, instead of a postcode lottery, a new improved Street Raffle will determine which schools your kids get in to. Common sense."

Scotland

"Alex Salmond to be made First Minister for Norwich, so he can get to understand what being ignored by the rest of the country is really like. Common sense."

Europe

"I pledge that the UK will leave Europe by 2025 and the edge of the Solar System by 2050. Common Market sense. In the meantime Greece to be bought and operated by Kent County Council. Couldn't be worse. Someone to do the bins at least."

The environment

"Boris Johnson to be put on an island. He keeps saying that's what he wants."

Corporations and globalisation

"Blah blah blah blah blah paradigm blah blah blah, blah blah dialectic blah blah blah blah blah blah game-changer."

Homes for hard-working families

"Build some houses, but without bringing down house prices. How hard can it be?"

Defence

"National Service, but only for people who don't want to do it."

Law and Order

"Unemployment causes crime: I propose to lock up the unemployed. Common sense."

On Local issues

"South Thanet to be made the new capital of the UK. Demilitarised zone to set-up between North and South Thanet."
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Schlandi » Sat May 09, 2015 7:43 am

The UK election system is absolutely shit imo !
How can a party reach the outright majority with only 36,9% of the votes ?!
And without regard to their "election programme" how did the UKIP end up with only one seat after they got 12,6% of the overall votes .. ridiculous.

Plurality vote is totaly shit the system we use here in Germany (Mixed-member proportional representation) is not perfect but much more fair.
Basics explained in 2mins

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat May 09, 2015 8:22 am

SchlandGooner wrote:The UK election system is absolutely shit imo !
How can a party reach the outright majority with only 36,9% of the votes ?!
And without regard to their "election programme" how did the UKIP end up with only one seat after they got 12,6% of the overall votes .. ridiculous.

Plurality vote is totaly shit the system we use here in Germany (Mixed-member proportional representation) is not perfect but much more fair.
Basics explained in 2mins

I think that after people are realising that UKIP got screwed over, they realise that FPTP just isn't fair and there probably will be more clamour for voting reform. The Lib Dem attempt failed for the simple reason it was supported by the Lib Dems.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat May 09, 2015 8:30 am

FPTP is completely fair. You pick an MP to represent your area. If UKIP isn't trusted more in areas than other parties, it does not mean the system is flawed.

All of Scotland's population trusts the SNP. That means SNP MP's should represent Scotland in Parliament, not via FPTP, which would give the Scots even less a voice than they have now

The system is perfectly all right
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Sat May 09, 2015 9:13 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:FPTP is completely fair. You pick an MP to represent your area. If UKIP isn't trusted more in areas than other parties, it does not mean the system is flawed.

All of Scotland's population trusts the SNP. That means SNP MP's should represent Scotland in Parliament, not via FPTP, which would give the Scots even less a voice than they have now

Well if you think so ..
So around 11,300,303/30,691,680 (or 36,8%) votes now represent more than 50% of the seats, yeah of course that sounds really fair :rolleyes:
That means they needed around 34,300 (total votes/seats) votes to get one seat while f.e. the "Libs" needed 300,000 votes for one seat, "Green" needed around 1,155,000 votes for one seat and the UKIP ended up with around 3,875,000 votes per seat while SNP only needed 26,000 votes per seat.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat May 09, 2015 9:24 am

SchlandGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:FPTP is completely fair. You pick an MP to represent your area. If UKIP isn't trusted more in areas than other parties, it does not mean the system is flawed.

Well if you think so ..
So around 11,300,303/30,691,680 (or 36,8%) votes now represent more than 50% of the seats, yeah of course that sounds really fair :rolleyes:
That means they needed around 34,300 (total votes/seats) votes to get one seat while f.e. the "Libs" needed 300,000 votes for one seat, "Green" needed around 1,155,000 votes for one seat and the UKIP ended up with around 3,875,000 votes per seat while SNP only needed 26,000 votes per seat.

Look at the other side, more than 50% of the areas trusted the Tories more than any other party.

Our system also allows an area like Brighton to choose the Greens to represent them, Bradford to have chosen Galloway

How can an MP represent constituents when it's his party being voted for as a whole in the country?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate