2015 British General Election

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Who will you vote for in this year's election?

Conservative Party
11%
Democratic Unionist Party
No votes
Green Party of England and Wales
No votes
Labour Party
53%
Liberal Democrats
11%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Scottish National Party
No votes
United Kingdom Independence Party
26%

Total votes : 19

Re: 2015 British General Election

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 10:33 pm

Sims wrote:Also I've been thinking about this. Seeing as I'm impartial it's fair to assume that the majority of Tories are f***ing bellends/c****. I'm trying to think of a word to describe Labour voters in order to balance out the insults tbh.

Delusional is leading the way for me atm.

The broader issue i think is that a lot of people are desperately disappointed that the politics of hate and fear has won.

There's not much love or hope about nowadays and its very sad.

It goes further than just red vs blue.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Sat May 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Callum wrote:Mesut, why did you vote Tory? I don't mean that as a loaded question or anything, I'm just generally curious. Do you see them as the party that most closely represents you?

Yes, I assume that's why anyone votes for a party :) Trust them to steer the country in the right direction and in my eyes there's only two parties in the race anyway so it's Tory or Labour. I go on what affects me most, at the end of the day I don't care which clown is in no.10 as long as what they propose to do will have a positive impact on my life, usually the Conservatives.

F.e. my wages next year will touch 40k, they're raising the 40% tax band to £50,000 so I'll get to keep more of my money for the next few years. They're also raising the personal allowance so again more ££.

Then I generally agree with their plans for the economy, a party is never perfect but for me they work. I'm also in favour, as i've previously said, of giving the party more than 5 years act upon their plans. I don't see how any real difference can be made over one term in office and the country goes in one direction only to switch 5 years later in the other.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat May 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Sims wrote:Also I've been thinking about this. Seeing as I'm impartial it's fair to assume that the majority of Tories are f***ing bellends/****. I'm trying to think of a word to describe Labour voters in order to balance out the insults tbh.

Try liberal-elite lying, incompetent with money lefty scumbags.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:38 pm

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:Also I've been thinking about this. Seeing as I'm impartial it's fair to assume that the majority of Tories are f***ing bellends/****. I'm trying to think of a word to describe Labour voters in order to balance out the insults tbh.

The broader issue i think is that a lot of people are desperately disappointed that the politics of hate and fear has won.

There's just no real drive for people like me to get into politics. The only thing that has had me interested in it this year was the transfer deadline like coverage on BBC. Obviously Labour & Tories have completely opposing views and policies, but I don't trust either of them. On paper Labour has by far the best morals and values, but will they deliver all their promises? No chance. They'll just have their work cut out for them once again with a little bit of financial negligence and one whopping disaster/mistake like Blair and his search for deadly weapons which seemed to be a cover up just to get oil money.

Tories are shown as the devil but their policies seem more realistic than Labour's false dawns; albeit morally they aren't 100%.

But they are pretty much the same to me. Parties ran by people who haven't lived at all in the real World whose always had a silver spoon in their mouths.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Sat May 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:

There's just no real drive for people like me to get into politics. The only thing that has had me interested in it this year was the transfer deadline like coverage on BBC. Obviously Labour & Tories have completely opposing views and policies, but I don't trust either of them. On paper Labour has by far the best morals and values, but will they deliver all their promises? No chance. They'll just have their work cut out for them once again with a little bit of financial negligence and one whopping disaster/mistake like Blair and his search for deadly weapons which seemed to be a cover up just to get oil money.

Tories are shown as the devil but their policies seem more realistic than Labour's false dawns; albeit morally they aren't 100%.

But they are pretty much the same to me. Parties ran by people who haven't lived at all in the real World whose always had a silver spoon in their mouths.

You are broadly right to be cynical about politicians but its too easy to just go "f**k it"

Blair was a t***er but at least under him the message was positive. The outlook was not contaminated by fear and hate.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Sims » Sat May 09, 2015 10:53 pm

I think that Politics should be introduced early into the school curriculum and not just available for A Levels tbh.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby LMAO » Sun May 10, 2015 2:12 am

UFGN wrote:The country is one million, six hundred thousand million pounds in debt.

Thats £1.6 Trillion or over 80% of GDP.

The national debt has increased under the tories. Yep, increased. The DEFICIT has reduced but that is simply the rate at which the debt was INCREASING!!

But don't let facts get in the way of lazy ignorant rhetoric lol

That's some weak stuff right there tbh. Get on my country's level where we have a public debt of $13.054 trillion (£8.45 trillion) and a debt-to-GDP ratio of 74.1% (or total debt of $18.152 trillion [£11.45 trillion] for a total debt-to-GDP ratio of 103%). But overall, I'm not worried because debt-to-GDP usually increases during and shortly after times of war and recession. In comparison, our public debt-to-GDP after WW2 was 112.7%, yet we managed to become far and away the wealthiest country in terms of nominal GDP the world has ever seen.

Look on the bright side: you could be Greece. :dontknow:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Sun May 10, 2015 2:23 am

Brandon wrote:
UFGN wrote:The country is one million, six hundred thousand million pounds in debt.

The national debt has increased under the tories. Yep, increased. The DEFICIT has reduced but that is simply the rate at which the debt was INCREASING!!

That's some weak stuff right there tbh. Get on my country's level where we have a public debt of $13.054 trillion (£8.45 trillion) and a debt-to-GDP ratio of 74.1% (or total debt of $18.152 trillion [£11.45 trillion] for a total debt-to-GDP ratio of 103%). But overall, I'm not worried because debt-to-GDP usually increases during and shortly after times of war and recession. In comparison, our public debt-to-GDP after WW2 was 112.7%, yet we managed to become far and away the wealthiest country in terms of nominal GDP the world has ever seen.

The point I'm making is

A) Blaming the Labour party for it is just stupid, debt is part and parcel of this and other western countries

B) All the culling of the weak and disabled the tories can muster won't change that

And C) There is no solution. We owe fuckloads of money. Just tons and tons of money and we can't pay it back.

The tories have conned millions of people that they are reducing the amount we owe as a country when in fact they're doing no such thing. The amount owed continues to rise every day, as does our interest payments on that amount.

UFGN

Postby John Ozil » Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 am

Now expect Tories to increase uni fees by 50%....just for the fun of it
#Messi4GOAT
John Ozil
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Sun May 10, 2015 3:35 am

John Ozil wrote:Now expect Tories to increase uni fees by 50%....just for the fun of it

I'm not sure why the Uni fees now are such a big deal. It's the best debt anyone will ever have in their life.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby LMAO » Sun May 10, 2015 5:07 am

UFGN wrote:
Brandon wrote:

The point I'm making is

A) Blaming the Labour party for it is just stupid, debt is part and parcel of this and other western countries

B) All the culling of the weak and disabled the tories can muster won't change that

And C) There is no solution. We owe fuckloads of money. Just tons and tons of money and we can't pay it back.

The tories have conned millions of people that they are reducing the amount we owe as a country when in fact they're doing no such thing. The amount owed continues to rise every day, as does our interest payments on that amount.

Ah okay. This is a problem that can't be corrected in this generation or the next generation. The UK is going to have to change A LOT of labor laws and production factors attributing to GDP if it's to get out of this mess.

But is this a problem resulting from your politics? Or is this just a fact that public debt-to-GDP is going to be fairly high for most post-industrial societies—because the same thing is happening here in the United States and also in places like Japan, Singapore, Canada, France, and Germany? The exception being countries such as South Korea and Australia.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun May 10, 2015 5:42 am

Labour tossers protesting, despicable action against democracy.

Need Cameron to be tough like Thatcher and deal with them
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun May 10, 2015 8:11 am

If he ends up like Thatcher I'll have a party for him as well at the end.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun May 10, 2015 9:13 am

Yorkyblue wrote:If he ends up like Thatcher I'll have a party for him as well at the end.

There's no convo to be had if you celebrated Thatcher's death, the greatest post-war PM, and the one who saved the nation by closing the mines, saving the economy, taking on the trade unions and not caving in to the strikes of those miners, who thought we should run a loss for them
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun May 10, 2015 9:14 am

John Ozil wrote:Now expect Tories to increase uni fees by 50%....just for the fun of it

Which party introduced these fees?

Give me a L-A-B-O-U-R
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate