American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby UFGN » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:24 pm

Free speech is was very well until people with no idiot filter started using Dimitri the Russian troll or Keith from Basildon as a fkin news source
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:25 pm

The reason Musk owning twitter is far more important than them just banning people, it is that journos rely on it for the theme of the day, what they should write about and what we should think. Given that Musk will it seems open all the algorithms for all to see news and elections will not be subject to such manipulation.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:19 am

UFGN wrote:Free speech is was very well until people with no idiot filter started using Dimitri the Russian troll or Keith from Basildon as a fkin news source

........... as opposed to CBS who never lie and are never bias?

This is the problem with a lot of Left wing views, they think you can irradicate mis-information in the age of information at the click of a button, what are you afraid of?
Facts rule, its as simple as that and if someone declares a falsehood its very easy for the facts to be presented.

This shutdown of information is very Communist ideology and its especially insidious when everyone uses information for their own gain / angle, Covid being a prime example, how many corruption cases have been coming out of the Pandemic?

Any way, since when has Keith ever been wrong? :snooty:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:28 am

UFGN wrote:Free speech is was very well until people with no idiot filter started using Dimitri the Russian troll or Keith from Basildon as a fkin news source

No, free speech is all very well full stop. The idiot filter lays with the listeners to decide.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:55 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

This is the problem with a lot of Left wing views, they think you can irradicate mis-information in the age of information at the click of a button, what are you afraid of?

Facts rule, its as simple as that and if someone declares a falsehood its very easy for the facts to be presented.

This shutdown of information is very Communist ideology and its especially insidious when everyone uses information for their own gain / angle, Covid being a prime example, how many corruption cases have been coming out of the Pandemic?

You're always keen to distance yourself from left and right, until there's the slightest slither of an opportunity to bash the left. It makes you tedious to read and worthless to respond to because not only can you not be persuaded by reason, you refuse to even acknowledge your own opinions

You're also a classic victim of misinformation. Zero comment on an given topic until suddenly it's in the headlines and like clockwork you're all over it like a rash, and it's like reading Jordan Peterson outtakes

What am I scared of? More people turning out like you, seeing as you ask!!

Facts unfortunately do not rule, btw
Last edited by UFGN on Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:00 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

No, free speech is all very well full stop. The idiot filter lays with the listeners to decide.

Unfortunately, people with no idiot filter don't tend to realise they don't have an idiot filter

Like people who take inspirational life changing financial advice from Steve Harvey for example

UFGN

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:26 am

UFGN wrote:

Unfortunately, people with no idiot filter don't tend to realise they don't have an idiot filter

Like people who take inspirational life changing financial advice from Steve Harvey for example

Listeners/readers to decide.
We don’t need self appointed arbiters of the truth.
We’ve seen how that works out. Factual information hidden for political purposes.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:48 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You're always keen to distance yourself from left and right, until there's the slightest slither of an opportunity to bash the left. It makes you tedious to read and worthless to respond to because not only can you not be persuaded by reason, you refuse to even acknowledge your own opinions

You're also a classic victim of misinformation. Zero comment on an given topic until suddenly it's in the headlines and like clockwork you're all over it like a rash, and it's like reading Jordan Peterson outtakes

Well get used to it because people who are free thinkers who don't pander to Far Left indoctrination like myself from the Centre are becoming a majority.

Its you who people should fear, tied to Labour due to simply taking sides yet how you could defend anything Labour or the Left have as a policy is beyond me.

Labour and Joe Biden is what the Left have churned out currently .......... its a joke.

The reason I get on the Left is because its the Left that try to shut down open conversation and debate, shut down what we can or cannot do ........ my free speech and personal freedoms are dearest to me so that puts them bang at odds with what I stand for.

So yes, fk the Left.

They gave up listening to the concerns of the Centre a long time ago and just threw us in with any dissenters from the Right, they can swivel, at least Conservatives listen.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Well get used to it because people who are free thinkers who don't pander to Far Left indoctrination like myself from the Centre are becoming a majority.

Its you who people should fear, tied to Labour due to simply taking sides yet how you could defend anything Labour or the Left have as a policy is beyond me.

Labour and Joe Biden is what the Left have churned out currently .......... its a joke.

The reason I get on the Left is because its the Left that try to shut down open conversation and debate, shut down what we can or cannot do ........ my free speech and personal freedoms are dearest to me so that puts them bang at odds with what I stand for.

So yes, fk the Left.

They gave up listening to the concerns of the Centre a long time ago and just threw us in with any dissenters from the Right, they can swivel, at least Conservatives listen.

Saw "left" and just thought, Jesus, still with this shit, what a boring waste of time this guy is

You change "the reason" you bash the left every time you give a reason

The truth is you are biassed, closed minded, indoctrinated by internet schnitzel, incapable of independent thought and ashamed to admit you simply don't care about the people the Tories piss on

Yes that's right, YOU are closed minded and incapable of independent thought

I couldn't give a f**k about your personal politics but watching someone confidently claim "the reason" they constantly bash the left in EVERY f***ing POST is xyz, when actually it's whatever excuse you dream up on the spot, is a bit much

It's the same as "THE REASON" you claim people voted Brexit or "THE REASON" you supported Brexit, and then didn't, and then did, and then denied supporting either. The truth is you haven't got a bloody clue until you read what your opinion should be.

Your personal freedoms are dear to you hahahaha give me a f***ing break. Supported Theressa May the arch hater of civil rights, supports this government which wants to line your rights up against a wall and massacre them. And because of people like you, they'll get away with it and you'll be outraged afterwards. Just like you were with May and her anti-rights antics

Tories have left us in terrible debt, with awful waiting lists for treatment, street homelessness doubled, corruption enough for a lifetime, and you..... Barely anything to say. Latest story on wokery nonsense? Pages and pages of comment.

Shallow.
Last edited by UFGN on Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:59 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Listeners/readers to decide.
We don’t need self appointed arbiters of the truth.
We’ve seen how that works out. Factual information hidden for political purposes.

If Twitter had a clearly defined editorial stance, clearly published, with a board of trustees to oversee it, I think it would be better than either now, where it's not always clear why bans are issued, or total free speech, which will just lead to serious hate and criminal behaviour

A board of trustees made up of an international group of respected lawyers and/or journalists

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:37 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So yes, fk the Left.

Saw "left" and just thought, Jesus, still with this shit, what a boring waste of time this guy is

You change "the reason" you bash the left every time you give a reason

The truth is you are biassed, closed minded, indoctrinated by internet schnitzel, incapable of independent thought and ashamed to admit you simply don't care about the people the Tories piss on

Yes that's right, YOU are closed minded and incapable of independent thought

I couldn't give a f**k about your personal politics but watching someone confidently claim "the reason" they constantly bash the left in EVERY f***ing POST is xyz, when actually it's whatever excuse you dream up on the spot, is a bit much

It's the same as "THE REASON" you claim people voted Brexit or "THE REASON" you supported Brexit, and then didn't, and then did, and then denied supporting either. The truth is you haven't got a bloody clue until you read what your opinion should be.

Your personal freedoms are dear to you hahahaha give me a f***ing break. Supported Theressa May the arch hater of civil rights, supports this government which wants to line your rights up against a wall and massacre them. And because of people like you, they'll get away with it and you'll be outraged afterwards. Just like you were with May and her anti-rights antics

Tories have left us in terrible debt, with awful waiting lists for treatment, street homelessness doubled, corruption enough for a lifetime, and you..... Barely anything to say. Latest story on wokery nonsense? Pages and pages of comment.

Shallow.

You're a complete waste of my time so I'm not going to bother, its the same sht with you, I can write a reply posing questions, which you never answer, you just throw mindless accusations back and I've noticed you do this with most people.

You can have your opinions, I don't want to hear it any more, not interested in the slightest with anything you have to say.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:02 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

You're a complete waste of my time so I'm not going to bother, its the same sht with you, I can write a reply posing questions, which you never answer, you just throw mindless accusations back and I've noticed you do this with most people.

You can have your opinions, I don't want to hear it any more, not interested in the slightest with anything you have to say.

You don't want to hear anymore and you don't want to answer me, because it involves deviation from your "PC boooo hissss" single issue agenda

You avoided the following because you simply don't know what to say, a few days ago, and you'll do anything to avoid answering. Because you can't without exposing the simple fact you don't give a shit about any of it :lol:

UFGN wrote:

Oh please

That's just something you've chosen to be outraged by because the Daily Mail instructed you to be outraged

It's a nonsense argument whipped up by people who just wanted to find yet another angle to use trans people as a political pawn

I can't take people who talk about this stuff seriously because generally you'll only hear boiler plate opinions on hot button topics

Meanwhile, street homelessness has doubled under the Tories.... Astronomical waiting lists for routine operations......but Labour are the bad guys cos tRaNs aTHlEteS :rolleyes:

And before either of you say "yeahbut" and then plow on talking about the same bollox, let's please hear what you have to say about those two issues? Street homelessness doubled and crippling waiting lists? Just an example of real issues ignored by people because political deflection keeps them in the background

Or if you don't want to talk about that, how about how the national debt increased under the Tories, between 2010 and 2019, before covid, by £600 Billion!!! Conservatives the party of financial responsibility right? Austerity, poverty and record debt, before covid was even a thing!

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/1525 ... s-2010-19/

But you could never vote Labour? Think about what you're saying FFS :doh:

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

UFGN

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:09 am

The problem with the conservative/right side of politics in govt. is that they will take as much as they can get … literally. They couldn’t give a f**k about the ‘plebs’ as they see everyone else.

They have always been held in check by a centre left opposition because they would lose power if they went too far.

The very real problem we now have is the that the centre left opposition has become a far left opposition. Ultimately I don’t think that is going to hold the right wing in check - certainly not in most countries. MAYBE the USA will cozy up to that far left agenda because there are enough crazy people over there, but not the rest of the world.

So we are heading towards 2 extreme choices. Crazy left wing or crazy right wing…. That’s playing out in the huge divide we are seeing between people, one that is getting wider.
Not very encouraging.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:34 am

jayramfootball wrote:The problem with the conservative/right side of politics in govt. is that they will take as much as they can get … literally. They couldn’t give a f**k about the ‘plebs’ as they see everyone else.

They have always been held in check by a centre left opposition because they would lose power if they went too far.

The very real problem we now have is the that the centre left opposition has become a far left opposition. Ultimately I don’t think that is going to hold the right wing in check - certainly not in most countries. MAYBE the USA will cozy up to that far left agenda because there are enough crazy people over there, but not the rest of the world.

So we are heading towards 2 extreme choices. Crazy left wing or crazy right wing…. That’s playing out in the huge divide we are seeing between people, one that is getting wider.
Not very encouraging.

Keir Starmer, a wealthy lawyer of course, is not far left by any stretch. He's from a traditional labour family and he's about as straight down the centre of left wing politics as you'll get. There are no nutters on his front bench. Left wing, yes. Centre left yes.

People forget that under Blair, whoes government was decried as not left wing enough by many labour voters, and whoes government was undoubtedly centre left, you had characters like John Prescott and Jack Straw. Pretty hard-line in their thinking

I've said it before, I'll say it again. How. HOW can anyone accuse that Labour front bench of being too extreme to govern.......when you have Boris "Bullingdon Club" Johnson, Jacob Rees f***ing Mogg and Pritti "Hang'em high" Patel in government alongside Rishi Sunek, a de facto billionaire? And they're not too extreme?

UFGN

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:18 am

UFGN wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The problem with the conservative/right side of politics in govt. is that they will take as much as they can get … literally. They couldn’t give a f**k about the ‘plebs’ as they see everyone else.

Not very encouraging.

Keir Starmer, a wealthy lawyer of course, is not far left by any stretch. He's from a traditional labour family and he's about as straight down the centre of left wing politics as you'll get. There are no nutters on his front bench. Left wing, yes. Centre left yes.

People forget that under Blair, whoes government was decried as not left wing enough by many labour voters, and whoes government was undoubtedly centre left, you had characters like John Prescott and Jack Straw. Pretty hard-line in their thinking

I've said it before, I'll say it again. How. HOW can anyone accuse that Labour front bench of being too extreme to govern.......when you have Boris "Bullingdon Club" Johnson, Jacob Rees f***ing Mogg and Pritti "Hang'em high" Patel in government alongside Rishi Sunek, a de facto billionaire? And they're not too extreme?

The politicians are just stuffed suits , though.
Johnson, Starmer Blair - none of them - could care less about principal or ideals. They will play to whoever they need to in order to get votes.
I don't even know if it's even a left/right paradigm in our society any more TBH, it's just some weird extreme shit being foisted on our culture - some of the shit shovelled by 'the left' and some of the shit shovelled by 'the right'. Regardless all the shit shovelling seems to be in the direction of restricting peoples freedom and making it harder for people to succeed.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate