American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Absolutely true. The left should have known that they can't have their metropolitan elites sneering at those of right wing persuasion and calling them names when they express their concerns and get away with it unscathed.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:55 pm

and what's the next move by the Dems? it's hard to see a decent experienced candidate for a Presidential challenge ....

Well it could be Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a likable 28 year old with almost zero experience or political knowledge ....

and what will her platform be?

In a nutshell it will be to tell everybody over 30 that they've got it all wrong for years ... now the further you get past thirty the less you listen to anyone, let alone some whippersnapper upstart from New York telling you that you're wrong ... doesn't matter if your Rep or Dem they just won't like it ....

Bernie was liked because at the age of 75 he had the knowledge and the years of experience to back up what he said .... even if you were a Rep ...

Put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez front and centre for the Dems and she'll get eaten alive ... sure the kids will love her ... but equally sure the adults won't ...

But just maybe it's the only card the Dems have .... if they don't crush the mid-terms it might well be time for a hail-Mary
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:19 pm

DG you've never once expressed a single left wing leaning view. I'm centre left. A liberal democrat and a blairite of sorts

You never agree with me about anything political. You blame the left for everything, including the actions of the right

Maybe it's you who's the problem? Maybe you're the one whose closed minded and more interested in labels than issues?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:15 pm

UFGN wrote:DG you've never once expressed a single left wing leaning view. I'm centre left. A liberal democrat and a blairite of sorts

You never agree with me about anything political. You blame the left for everything, including the actions of the right

Maybe it's you who's the problem? Maybe you're the one whose closed minded and more interested in labels than issues?

I'm for the NHS

I'm for cannabis to be graded down (even though I don't smoke it)

I'm for freedom of the individual

What else does the Left have to offer and I'll tell you if I like it or not?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:DG you've never once expressed a single left wing leaning view. I'm centre left. A liberal democrat and a blairite of sorts

I'm for the NHS

Most Tories also support the nhs, at least publicly. They just take poor care of it

The other two are issues of libertarian vs authoritarian as opposed to left vs right.

You dont need a list
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:19 pm

EliteKiller wrote:and what's the next move by the Dems? it's hard to see a decent experienced candidate for a Presidential challenge ....

Well it could be Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a likable 28 year old with almost zero experience or political knowledge ....

In a nutshell it will be to tell everybody over 30 that they've got it all wrong for years ... now the further you get past thirty the less you listen to anyone, let alone some whippersnapper upstart from New York telling you that you're wrong ... doesn't matter if your Rep or Dem they just won't like it ....

Bernie was liked because at the age of 75 he had the knowledge and the years of experience to back up what he said .... even if you were a Rep ...

Put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez front and centre for the Dems and she'll get eaten alive ... sure the kids will love her ... but equally sure the adults won't ...

But just maybe it's the only card the Dems have .... if they don't crush the mid-terms it might well be time for a hail-Mary

That's why I said in this thread, the only way they have a chance would be if they had The Rock as their candidate because he would take Florida out of the equation at the very least.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I'm for the NHS

Most Tories also support the nhs, at least publicly. They just take poor care of it

The other two are issues of libertarian vs authoritarian as opposed to left vs right.

You dont need a list

........... I'm in the middle.

I believe in personal freedom but in some areas of life if you don't put the stops in people go too far.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
LMAO wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:How doers a Russian 'hack' make you vote for Trump? can anyone explain that .......................

ffs no one made anyone. It was the constant barrage of misinformation and propaganda that eventually caused people to either change their vote or sit out, thus swinging the election in Trump's favor.

But didn't Hillary spend 1,400,000,000 dollars on her own "barrage of misinformation and propaganda" ... or does that not count?

Pretending that a tiny fraction of influence that the Russians (or anyone else) may or may not have had when compared to Hillary's 1.4 billion, and Trump's 900m, money they spent on 'brainwashing' the US public .... is like saying a'fart in a hurricane' caused all the damage ....

To anyone with even a shred of common sense this accusation is utter bollocks ..... to blame the Russians when 500,000,000 more was spent on a "barrage of misinformation and propaganda" by Hillary than by Trump? .... what the feck are all you lot over the pond smoking?

She lost because she was an even worse candidate than Trump ... just get over it ......

Leicester won the PL, and Atletico won La Liga. Both did it despite not having the financial power of the big boys. What's your point? I didn't realize money was the absolute measure of success.

You can spend $100 to have a small ad campaign on Facebook, target certain users, and then watch it spread like wildfire to thousands of users. All that for the price of a decent pair of jeans.

You claim common sense would say it's "utter bollocks." How old are you? Because you sound like an old, out of touch person who doesn't understand the influence social media has tbh

EliteKiller wrote:and what's the next move by the Dems? it's hard to see a decent experienced candidate for a Presidential challenge ....

You do know she can't run for president until 2028, right?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Why not the New York governor?

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:You're the one who said the Russian hacks were BS. Meanwhile, our intelligence community seems to disagree.

If you honestly believe that Russian interference had zero influence on our election—and Brexit too—and didn't sway the election in Trump's favor due to all the fake news and propaganda, then maybe you have an extra chromosome. Idk, I don't judge.

I said (clearly) that whether there were hacks or not Jim Bob in Missouri didn't vote for Trump because of Russian flipping hacks, it was for political / economical reasons.

To blame the Democrat loss on "Russian hacks" is the kind of lazy media reporting and politician BS I'd expect from the Democrats if I'm honest.

Let me ask you something, would you care to explain to me what the fk a Russian "hack" actually is?

Maybe if I knew what it was they were supposed to have done or shown us then I could say whether or not its true, but right now Russian hacks is like some sort of political ghost story.

Russian interference had something to do with Brexit? Jesus Christ, I know exactly what caused Brexit and Russia has nothing to do with it.

Is this what the Left do now? didn't get the outcome they wanted so they scream foul play? its childish quite frankly.

And they voted for Trump because of economic reasons? As y'all say across the pond, you're having a laugh.

Not my fault people like Jim Bob in Missouri are too f***ing stupid and incompetent to look into the candidates, instead resorting to getting their information from soundbites and headlines. People were incapable of looking past 20 years of right-wing propaganda—and Putin knew that, so he helped to continue pushing the narrative—to see Hillary was the most qualified person to ever run for president.

Brexit and Trump happened for similar reasons: misinformation campaigns, Russian meddling further fueling the misinformation and sowing discord, and a sizable portion of the population that was incapable of looking at the bigger picture. If anyone thought there would be a hard Brexit or even a deal like Switzerland and Norway have, then well, they're actually gullible idiots; the same goes for people who thought Trump would "drain the swamp" and MAGA.

It was for economic reasons, people in middle America have no jobs and Trump promised them a resurgent economy.
Trump promised to cap migrants and those "Arab terrorists" which your media bombard you with 24/7.
If you don't think these things matter to Americans then your in fkin denial bruv.

Brexit - Did the Russians cause Brussels to never budge on any of the UK's demands? did the Russians cause Borris Johnson and Rees Mogg etc to claim that we're throwing billions into the EU and that would be better off spent in the UK on hospitals etc?
Did the Russians let enormous amounts of migration into the UK?

That is why people voted you buffoon, not because of hacks.

Let me explain something to you of apart from all the above why the Left lost, because I remember at the time what people were saying and the arguments were.

Its because the Left wouldn't listen to people, its because the Left were so busy banging the PC drum and calling Centre voters racists for bringing up immigration that they drove them into the arms of the Right who welcomed their concerns.

Its because the Left are just fkin unlikable and have the social skills of a r***rd, even when someone (like myself) who wants to listen to both sides finds that when you speak to the Right they actually want to talk to you and explain their position, when you talk to the Left the attitude is "What, why are you asking me questions? your too stupid obviously to understand, what do you mean too many immigrants? racist!!!, sexist!! etc etc"

This is why you lost, this is why the Centre ground voters like myself poured over to Republican and Conservatives.

The Left demonized the Centre ground and I warned about this to UFGN in the run up to Brexit when we're having our conversations then, but just like your politicans ........... you didn't listen.

................ and your still not listening now, blaming it on Russian hacks.

People have had enough of the Clinton's, people wanted change because the establishment weren't listening whether they voted Republican or Dem, do you notice how the Republican candidate got brushed aside by Trump?
People actually liked Bernie Sanders and he stood for something, yet Clinton and the Dems drop kicked him off the stand so you alienated your own voters.

I'm telling you to your face ............ Russians leaking emails (amongst the tons of media and Politician smear campaigns already out there) is the least of your problems.

Ignore it if you like, you'll see the truth in the ballot box.

Quelle surprise. Once again, you completely choose to ignore the links I provided you with. But it's not your fault - I blame myself for expecting more from a person who's as bright as a black hole.

What do you mean by "you lost"? Once again, genius, I'm center-left, not left-wing. But in my lifetime, the Republican Party has been filled with partisan hacks that don't try to make life better for the average American and are unwilling to compromise and negotiate in good faith.

Like EK, you seem old and out of touch with regards to social media. The world doesn't revolve around live TV and the local news anymore. Social media is king, and when you understand that, then you'll understand why Russia had such a huge influence.

You continue to parrot economic policy. Clinton promised the same thing. Was it her fault coal miners didn't want to be reeducated in a non-failing industry? She wanted to give them a chance at a better future, but they'd rather listen to a lifelong New York conman. Also, resurgent economy. Bruh, the economy was improving since Obama's first term wtf

That brings me to another point, right wingers love to harp on about the free market and capitalism. Well, the free market decided coal is dead, the free market decided illegal immigrants are important to the economy (e.g., food at restaurants would be more expensive if a lot of chefs weren't illegal), the free market decided small farms aren't important. Yet dumbasses continue to blame politicians when their anger should be directed at multinational corporations. The politicians aren't hiring illegals, are they? But nooo, maybe that might bring Bubba to have to look in the mirror and accept that the world has passed them by. Nah, they'd rather direct it at a boogeyman.

You talk about immigration. Clinton had a platform on that, too. Also our media bombarded us with Arab terrorists? No, buddy, that was only conspiracy outlets like Fox News, Breitbart, InfoWars, and other right-wing media outlets. Don't group all our media together. Also, since when were immigrants mass migrating to Middle-of-Nowhere, Kansas and Bumblefuck, Oklahoma? Small town white people weren't having their way of life imposed on. I'd be very impressed if they ever bothered to travel farther than 50 miles from their hometown and met a Muslim or Hispanic person tbh

Trump got the nomination because of a huge field of Republican candidates ffs how do you not understand that? The other people split the vote, and Trump was the only one left. If the primaries only had like 3 or 4 people instead of 20 or whatever it was, then Trump wouldn't have gotten the nomination.

Brussels never budged on the UK's demands? Well damn, I guess I better stock up on Euros whenever I go to London and travel in from France to avoid needing a stamp in my passport.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:10 pm

UFGN wrote:Why not the New York governor?

Cuomo is a good shout. I liked him when I lived in Manhattan.

I would have liked for Eric Swalwell (US Congressman from California, born in Iowa, 37 yo) to run, but I could never in good conscience support him after he voted for reauthorization of NSA being able to spy on Americans without warrants.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:45 am

LMAO wrote:Leicester won the PL, and Atletico won La Liga. Both did it despite not having the financial power of the big boys. What's your point? I didn't realize money was the absolute measure of success.

You can spend $100 to have a small ad campaign on Facebook, target certain users, and then watch it spread like wildfire to thousands of users. All that for the price of a decent pair of jeans.

You claim common sense would say it's "utter bollocks." How old are you? Because you sound like an old, out of touch person who doesn't understand the influence social media has tbh

So your argument is that spending $1,400,000,000 on 'missinformation and propaganda' has no effect and a $100 small add will win you the US election .... hmmmmmm

Seriously that's the argument you're going with? ......

I say it again it's COMMON SENSE that spending $1,400,000,000 on your election campaign has far more effect than a few Russian 'hacks' ever will .... but hey you go with you $100 adds .... guess if you spent $1,000 you would be a shoe-in, is that right LMAO?

FYI - Old out of touch people are the ones that vote .... something Hillary (and it seems you) never quite understood ..... condescension 'old people don't understand social media' ... yeah that's a winning strategy .... :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:01 am

LMAO wrote:Quelle surprise. Once again, you completely choose to ignore the links I provided you with. But it's not your fault - I blame myself for expecting more from a person who's as bright as a black hole.

I didn't ignore the links, I just gave them their due importance, which wasn't much.

Do you know what fine, if you think Russian emails made everyone vote Trump then have at it, again another winning strategy for Team "Left of failure".

You don't fkin listen so what's the point? slander on Hilary or the fact that Jimmy is out of work and Trump promised him more jobs?
No no, he just voted because of leaks of course, what was I thinking?
leaks I barely paid any attention to if noticed them at all, the problem is you think everyone is as brain dead as your generation and we all think the same.

Carry on losing, your going to have a very frustrating life being this clueless.

You say its called Social media but all its done to your generation is made you unable to socialise properly with actual human beings, I've never seen so many young emotionally fragile fk tards in all my days.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 am

So how's that whole draining the swamp thing going then?

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:45 pm

UFGN wrote:So how's that whole draining the swamp thing going then?

Even though I dislike Trump its silly comments like this that make me end up defending their position.

Your making a dig about politicians not delivering? fk me that must be the Democrats mantra!!

When have politicians EVER delivered? is a better question.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate