American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Jedi » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:41 pm

No war. For now.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:47 pm

Sooo nobody seems to be talking about the 176 people killed in Tehran yesterday when that civilian jet from Ukraine was shot down / sabotaged......
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm

UFGN wrote:Sooo nobody seems to be talking about the 176 people killed in Tehran yesterday when that civilian jet from Ukraine was shot down / sabotaged......

No, or the 50 people killed in crushes at the Iranian's funeral. I suppose neither are potential WW3 starters! The civilian jet is still a mystery I think?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:Sooo nobody seems to be talking about the 176 people killed in Tehran yesterday when that civilian jet from Ukraine was shot down / sabotaged......

No, or the 50 people killed in crushes at the Iranian's funeral. I suppose neither are potential WW3 starters! The civilian jet is still a mystery I think?

The only mystery is who exactly did it. The how they did it doesn't really matter

No chance it was an accident
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:21 pm

Definitely not an accident. Our planes never crash!! :hiding:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 pm

StLGooner wrote:Definitely not an accident. Our planes never crash!! :hiding:

Theres one common thread through all this and its you isn't it

Youve got your grubby paws all over this. The Dick Cheney of Goonersworld. You could have given is the heads up so we could have invested accordingly

:snooty:

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Definitely not an accident. Our planes never crash!! :hiding:

Theres one common thread through all this and its you isn't it

Youve got your grubby paws all over this. The Dick Cheney of Goonersworld. You could have given is the heads up so we could have invested accordingly

:snooty:

Catchy ring to it!! :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:News from Iran is that Soleimani quit smoking yesterday. :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

How the lefties can condone terrorism by Iran is beyond comprehension. Well I guess if Trump takes any action any place on anything they will be opposed.

At least those of us who have actually fought in that God forsaken desert, who have lost brothers in arms to this blown to smithereens c*** understand. One would imagine anyone living in London would get it...

Ok Boomer

I condemn all terrorism

Meanwhile, you bang on about the left every day like a first class fruit loop

To wheel out your dead comrades as political collateral is pretty f***ing low. You think that earns you respect? Well sorry, try again

Your decision to go and fight other peoples' wars in the desert for £18K p/a doesn't make your opinion worth more than any other tax payer who involuntarily paid for your uniform, ammo and wages.

Actually the only reasonable response to your post is to tell you to f**k off. You don’t understand the this situation by a long shot. So f**k off.

Yeah tbf I do also have a query about it.

Terrorism by Iran?

When did Iran ever attack UK or US soil? if your talking about current terrorism I take it your referring to them funding Hezbollah the guys who fight against Israel who is kicking them out of their own land right?

I am sensitive to the fact that you possibly lost friends out there but that is the key word though for me ..........."out there", your in someone else's land you consider a "God forsaken desert" but that is someone else's home, and it wasn't a god forsaken desert until America blew their modern cities to rubble.

One fact is indisputable, America has been spoiling to get at Iran for years, them assassinating one of their top generals is purely for provocation ........... the excuse Trump wheeled out as "he was planning strikes on Americans" is fkin laughable to the point where a member of Americas military told a journalist the chances of this were to put it delicately .......... "Razor thin".

This is my leg after my van was hit by an Iranian RPG. The incident was terror attack in a country not involved in the fight, but rather one where warfare refugees were being taken care of in camps. I lost two comrades, both US citizens, one a US soldier. At least 10 civilians behind my vehicle were killed by an RPG that missed us. The two bad guys we shot were later determined to be an Iranian (Egyptian nationals) operatives from a proxy terror force funded by Iran.

Iran currently has proxy fighters including members of the Revolutionary Guard subverting governments and killing locals in over 18 sovereign nations. That is how they operate, that is what Soleimani's function in life was, to coordinate and fund proxy fighters with which to spread Iranian theological and imperialist agenda.

BTW, The US nor the UK has conducted military operations inside Iran. But will if required to now. The strike on Soleimani was in response to the recent series of Iranian attacks. The US has not been itching for a war with Iran, that is utter BS. The US has been under attack from Iran for forty years in one way or another. The response has actually been restrained. Iran has been warned in no uncertain terms and they understand that the days of appeasement are over under Trump. 15 missiles which have an accuracy of plus or minus 1.25 miles is face saving, and perhaps regime saving in that they all missed. Had they hit Iran's oil exports and production would have been and still could be demolished. They know it, and their failing economy would end the Mullah's reign.

Why any person with a semblance of common sense would side with a terrorist nation is beyond me.

I stand by my description of that general region as Godforsaken because it is. From Libya to Nigeria, from Pakistan to Turkey Islamic Fundamentalist has made life hell for many millions of people. The only reason anyone cares is because the oil which propels the global economy. It is the reason that the west propped up Saddam against Iran, it is the reason the west took Saddam out after he invaded Kuwait. It is the reason western navies keep the Straits of Hormuz open and defend against Iranian aggression in the Gulf. It is the reason Obama took out Kadhafi over Italy's dependence on Libyan oil. Europe and Asia are dependent on middle east oil. These are simple hard truths. The US has no reason to depend on that oil now. If the rest of the world wants to keep that oil flowing, have at it.

Here is what I WISH had happened in Gulf War II. Remove Saddam, check. Hand the Iraqi security forces and military over to one of three Baathist generals who had signaled to the US that would restore the peace. Instead GWB started on a path of nation building in both Iraq and Afghanistan which Obama doubled down on. The US does not need nor will invade Iran as has been speculated so wildly. Military objectives can be achieved with long range strikes and special operations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:News from Iran is that Soleimani quit smoking yesterday. :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

How the lefties can condone terrorism by Iran is beyond comprehension. Well I guess if Trump takes any action any place on anything they will be opposed.

At least those of us who have actually fought in that God forsaken desert, who have lost brothers in arms to this blown to smithereens c*** understand. One would imagine anyone living in London would get it...

Ok Boomer

I condemn all terrorism

To wheel out your dead comrades as political collateral is pretty f***ing low. You think that earns you respect? Well sorry, try again

Your decision to go and fight other peoples' wars in the desert for £18K p/a doesn't make your opinion worth more than any other tax payer who involuntarily paid for your uniform, ammo and wages.

Actually the only reasonable response to your post is to tell you to f**k off. You don’t understand the this situation by a long shot. So f**k off.

Terrorism by Iran?

When did Iran ever attack UK or US soil? if your talking about current terrorism I take it your referring to them funding Hezbollah the guys who fight against Israel who is kicking them out of their own land right?

I am sensitive to the fact that you possibly lost friends out there but that is the key word though for me ..........."out there", your in someone else's land you consider a "God forsaken desert" but that is someone else's home, and it wasn't a god forsaken desert until America blew their modern cities to rubble.

One fact is indisputable, America has been spoiling to get at Iran for years, them assassinating one of their top generals is purely for provocation ........... the excuse Trump wheeled out as "he was planning strikes on Americans" is fkin laughable to the point where a member of Americas military told a journalist the chances of this were to put it delicately .......... "Razor thin".

This is my leg after my van was hit by an Iranian RPG. The incident was terror attack in a country not involved in the fight, but rather one where warfare refugees were being taken care of in camps. I lost two comrades, both US citizens, one a US soldier. At least 10 civilians behind my vehicle were killed by an RPG that missed us. The two bad guys we shot were later determined to be an Iranian (Egyptian nationals) operatives from a proxy terror force funded by Iran.

Iran currently has proxy fighters including members of the Revolutionary Guard subverting governments and killing locals in over 18 sovereign nations. That is how they operate, that is what Soleimani' function in life was, to coordinate and fund proxy fighters with which to spread Iranian theological and imperialist agenda.

BTW, The US nor the UK has conducted military operations inside Iran. But will if required to now. The strike on Soleimani was in response to the recent series of Iranian attacks. The US has not been itching for a war with Iran, that is utter BS. The US has been under attack from Iran for forty years in one way or another. The response has actually been restrained. Iran has been warned in no uncertain terms and they understand that the days of appeasement are over under Trump. 15 missiles which have an accuracy of plus or minus 1.25 miles is face saving, and perhaps regime saving in that they all missed. Had they hit Iran's oil exports and production would have been and still could be demolished. They know it, and their failing economy would end the Mullah's reign.

Why any person with a semblance of common sense would side with a terrorist nation is beyond me.

I stand by my description of that general region as Godforsaken because it is. From Libya to Nigeria, from Pakistan to Turkey Islamic Fundamentalist has made life hell for many millions of people. The only reason anyone cares is because the oil which propels the global economy. It is the reason that the west propped up Saddam against Iran, it is the reason the west took Saddam out after he invaded Kuwait. It is the reason western navies keep the Straits of Hormuz open and defend against Iranian aggression in the Gulf. It is the reason Obama took out Kadhafi over Italy's dependence on Libyan oil. Europe and Asia are dependent on middle east oil. These are simple hard truths. The US has no reason to depend on that oil now. If the rest of the world wants to keep that oil flowing, have at it.

Here is what I WISH had happened in Gulf War II. Remove Saddam, check. Hand the Iraqi security forces and military over to one of three Baathist generals who had signaled to the US that would restore the peace. Instead GWB started on a path of nation building in both Iraq and Afghanistan which Obama doubled down on. The US does not need nor will invade Iran as has been speculated so wildly. Military objectives can be achieved with long range strikes and special operations.

Firstly, im sorry you went through that and i hope your injury healed. I dont belittle the personal suffering soldiers go through.

However, you willingly put yourself there. You decided that your career choice was to go and shoot at foreigners in a foreign land. You were a combatant. Also, as I previously said, it doesn't add any extra value to your opinion. I have an old school friend who served in Iraq II and in Northern Ireland, and his opinion is strongly against further UK and US military involvement in the region.

I take issue with your statement that "The US has been under attack from Iran for forty years in one way or another"..... you have been in their back yard and at times their front yard throughout that period..... be real, to any completely neutral person youd have to convince them that the US was the net victim over that period, wouldn't you.

Nobody here is "supporting" Iran and nobody is denying their extensive use of brutal proxy forces or the fact that Soleimani deserved to get wasted.

But that does not prohibit me and others from pointing the finger right back at the US and highlighting the supreme hypocrisy of bedding down with the Saudi regime and all the horror that they are responsible for

It also doesn't mean that we are willing to see our country sucked into yet another US led war

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:44 pm

My guess is it was a missile defense system gone wrong.

They will have had theirs armed during and after their little rocket firing exercise.

It mistook the aircraft for an incoming missile.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Ok Boomer

I condemn all terrorism

Terrorism by Iran?

Iran currently has proxy fighters including members of the Revolutionary Guard subverting governments and killing locals in over 18 sovereign nations. That is how they operate, that is what Soleimani's function in life was, to coordinate and fund proxy fighters with which to spread Iranian theological and imperialist agenda.

Sorry about your leg and genuinely hope you've experienced a full recovery :Peace:

But it's hypocritical to criticize Iran for funding terrorists when we do business with the KSA whose Wahhabi teachings and funding have been responsible for the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor and the casualties of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians elsewhere around the world (the majority occurring in the Middle East).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:This is my leg after my van was hit by an Iranian RPG. The incident was terror attack in a country not involved in the fight, but rather one where warfare refugees were being taken care of in camps. I lost two comrades, both US citizens, one a US soldier. At least 10 civilians behind my vehicle were killed by an RPG that missed us. The two bad guys we shot were later determined to be an Iranian (Egyptian nationals) operatives from a proxy terror force funded by Iran.

That looks bad, how's your leg now? did it heal?

My issue is that yes Iran funds and supplies groups, a lot of them in opposition to American friends and interests although I don't feel sorry for the Israeli's, its a bit hypocritical to stick up for a regime who is treating the original inhabitants not far off than Hitler treated the Jews bar the genocide gas chambers.
But America has operatives all over the place as well, CIA, Special ops, as I mentioned lets not forget the terrorists they've funded, they're just as bad.

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:BTW, The US nor the UK has conducted military operations inside Iran. But will if required to now. The strike on Soleimani was in response to the recent series of Iranian attacks. The US has not been itching for a war with Iran, that is utter BS. The US has been under attack from Iran for forty years in one way or another. The response has actually been restrained.

Military no, Gov't infiltration and destabilization yes, the Shah of Perisa coup in particular leading the way for the Khomeni the very man they are having problems with no to take power and a curse on Iran's population ever since hence the protests, I have lots of Perisan friends, none are a fan of Khomeni, he's made their lives miserable hence why they emmigrated and it was with help from the US and poss UK as to why he's in power.

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Why any person with a semblance of common sense would side with a terrorist nation is beyond me.

Your getting the wrong end of the stick, I'm calling out the hypocrisy and American aggression in a region they don't belong in and use local sovereign nations as killing fields, not because I like Khomeni.
You've shared so I will also, I'm half white / half Bahrain, my family over there are cozy with the Bahraini Royal family, friends with the prince and are ardent Royal supporters.
So if you know anything about that country you'll know I'm no fan of the Iranian Gov't, you'll know that Bahrain allowed the US to station a Naval base on the Island and American GI's are part of the furniture over there, I like it as it made Bahrain relax its laws as far back as the 80's so their laws could accomadate Westerners because of it ........ hence why I drink for England over there in the bars and don't get any grief, its not much different to a night out in the UK.

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I stand by my description of that general region as Godforsaken because it is. From Libya to Nigeria, from Pakistan to Turkey Islamic Fundamentalist has made life hell for many millions of people. The only reason anyone cares is because the oil which propels the global economy. It is the reason that the west propped up Saddam against Iran, it is the reason the west took Saddam out after he invaded Kuwait. It is the reason western navies keep the Straits of Hormuz open and defend against Iranian aggression in the Gulf. It is the reason Obama took out Kadhafi over Italy's dependence on Libyan oil. Europe and Asia are dependent on middle east oil. These are simple hard truths. The US has no reason to depend on that oil now. If the rest of the world wants to keep that oil flowing, have at it.

But your experience is completely different to mine, I've experienced nothing but first class treatment and kindness, in fact the people I've met over there have been some of the nicest people I've ever met.
Your rocking up to hotspots with a gun, what sort of welcome do you think your going to get?
People slag off Saudi Arabia yet they have been one of America and Britians most staunch allies allowing them to host Airbases etc on their lands and they co-ordinate together.
Yes their Gov't has a medieval element in the form of the Whahabi, that's religion for you, but just because their Gov'ts are a bit behind the times, don't think the general populace aren't pushing to get there, even the Prince of Saudi has been trying his best to modernise rights etc.
You talk of Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan (none of which are Mid East), I see Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman and Bahrain...... if you want to look for the bad then you'll find it.
Baghdad was a modern City before the war, so was Allepo and Damascus, now they've gone back 40 years because of outside interference.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:28 pm

Phil71 wrote:

They will have had theirs armed during and after their little rocket firing exercise.

That is certainly possible. The Saudis made the same mistake in 1988.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:29 pm

Phil71 wrote:

That is certainly possible. The Saudis made the same mistake in 1988.

Thanks for your service by the way mate.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:59 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Ok Boomer

I condemn all terrorism

Terrorism by Iran?

Iran currently has proxy fighters including members of the Revolutionary Guard subverting governments and killing locals in over 18 sovereign nations. That is how they operate, that is what Soleimani' function in life was, to coordinate and fund proxy fighters with which to spread Iranian theological and imperialist agenda.

Firstly, im sorry you went through that and i hope your injury healed. I dont belittle the personal suffering soldiers go through.

However, you willingly put yourself there. You decided that your career choice was to go and shoot at foreigners in a foreign land. You were a combatant. Also, as I previously said, it doesn't add any extra value to your opinion. I have an old school friend who served in Iraq II and in Northern Ireland, and his opinion is strongly against further UK and US military involvement in the region.

I take issue with your statement that "The US has been under attack from Iran for forty years in one way or another"..... you have been in their back yard and at times their front yard throughout that period..... be real, to any completely neutral person youd have to convince them that the US was the net victim over that period, wouldn't you.

Nobody here is "supporting" Iran and nobody is denying their extensive use of brutal proxy forces or the fact that Soleimani deserved to get wasted.

But that does not prohibit me and others from pointing the finger right back at the US and highlighting the supreme hypocrisy of bedding down with the Saudi regime and all the horror that they are responsible for

It also doesn't mean that we are willing to see our country sucked into yet another US led war
Good post ufgn m8

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate